PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Upgrading A Child's ST For One Game

Makaveli
10-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Is there a set procedure for this?

My niece can't go tomorrow night so I'm planning to take an adult who hasn't been in ages.

Would the ticket office issue a paper ticket if we paid the difference between the child and adult prices?

Our seats are in the East Stand, not the family section.

Cheers.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM

My niece can't go tomorrow night so I'm planning to take an adult who hasn't been in ages.

Would the ticket office issue a paper ticket if we paid the difference between the child and adult prices?

Cheers.

Mate, I know plenty of folk who have used a kids ST when they can't make it, the operators don't care as long as it gives a tick on their hand held device. Unless you are worried about doing Hibs out of the difference in which case I applaud your honesty.

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM
I wouldnt bother upgrading. I use my nieces season ticket

wearethehibs
10-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Just use the ticket.

I'm_cabbaged
10-02-2013, 01:42 PM
I know folk that greet about the quality of player we can afford that use bairns ST's. They just don't get it, erseholes. Mind you I know more that greet and dinnae go at all!!

Beefster
10-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I wouldnt bother upgrading. I use my nieces season ticket

I'm not sure I'd be admitting on here that I screwed Hibs out of money every home game.

wearethehibs
10-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Hibs over charge us as it is. If people can get away with not paying full price then fair play.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
To answer the OPs question:

Yes there is a procedure. Go to the ticket office windows, explain the situation and they will charge you the difference and issue a ticket for that seat.

Easy and you have a clear conscience.

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure I'd be admitting on here that I screwed Hibs out of money every home game.

Oh I have paid my share of adult seasons for about 15 years til I had a baby last year. My niece got a ticket and doesnt use it. I cant afford a season ticket. I either go or its just another empty seat. Couldnt care less what anyone says and I know loads of others that do that too.

CallumLaidlaw
10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
To upgrade I think it's £10 for
Cat B games, and £12 for Cat A games. We've done it a few times

Time For Heroes
10-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Can of worms has been opened, is it acceptable to use a ticket that you shouldnt? e.g Child, Student etc...

marinello59
10-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Can of worms has been opened, is it acceptable to use a ticket that you shouldnt? e.g Child, Student etc...
If cheating the club you claim to love out of money is your thing then of course it's acceptable.

marinello59
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Just use the ticket.

Hibs over charge us as it is. If people can get away with not paying full price then fair play.

Geezus. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
10-02-2013, 03:29 PM

Personally I think cars are a bit overpriced. Sure the Police will let me off if I explain that to them when I drive off in one from the forecourt of my local grage.

Beefster
10-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Oh I have paid my share of adult seasons for about 15 years til I had a baby last year. My niece got a ticket and doesnt use it. I cant afford a season ticket. I either go or its just another empty seat. Couldnt care less what anyone says and I know loads of others that do that too.

Lots of folk cannot afford a ST. Not so many of them pretend to be a child as a result though.

Presumably, seeing as your niece doesn't use her ST, she won't be renewing next year?

Mikey
10-02-2013, 03:30 PM

What did you make of the recent transfer activity? Were you happy with the players signed or would you have preferred better?

Makaveli
10-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks to all those who answered.

PatHead
10-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Wonder how many would be caught abusing the system if Hibs put a couple of checkers outside the gates?

wearethehibs
10-02-2013, 03:45 PM
What did you make of the recent transfer activity? Were you happy with the players signed or would you have preferred better?

Haha! When we were getting full houses most weeks under Mowbray, when we made like £12million worth of transfers, we still never bought big.

So yes I was happy with the signings we made. The reason we dont sign big isn't down to us.

Scottish football's prices are a joke. £22 for a Monday night game on the telly. Id rather have people paying under the odds and actually attending the game than people just not attending.

Mikey
10-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Haha! When we were getting full houses most weeks under Mowbray, when we made like £12million worth of transfers, we still never bought big.

So yes I was happy with the signings we made. The reason we dont sign big isn't down to us.

Scottish football's prices are a joke. £22 for a Monday night game on the telly. Id rather have people paying under the odds and actually attending the game than people just not attending.

Clueless :agree:

marinello59
10-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Now I know you are at the wind up. Well done, you had me going for a while there.:thumbsup:

wearethehibs
10-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Clueless :agree:

Ok, so lets say me, a 24 year old guy. Wanted to go to the game tomorrow but I refused to pay £22. Would you rather I just didn't go? Or would you rather I bought a concession ticket? So the club ether gets something or nothing.

The club obviously aren't bothered about getting big numbers in as they keep the prices the same, when we are constantly ****ed around by TV companies

cocopops1875
10-02-2013, 03:58 PM

Amazing i always thought people like you were out there but you have confirmed my suspicions with chat like this gem as i assume you reckon the stands and training centre were free :confused:

marinello59
10-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Ok, so lets say me, a 24 year old guy. Wanted to go to the game tomorrow but I refused to pay £22. Would you rather I just didn't go? Or would you rather I bought a concession ticket? So the club ether gets something or nothing.

The club obviously aren't bothered about getting big numbers in as they keep the prices the same, when we are constantly ****ed around by TV companies
Try picking up a bottle of whisky in Tesco and chucking them a fiver for it before walking out as you refuse to pay full price. I am starting to think you are serious now......

PatHead
10-02-2013, 04:00 PM

Rather you didn't go myself. Theft is theft no matter how you paint it.

Hibby70
10-02-2013, 04:01 PM

I'd rather you didn't go to be honest.

wearethehibs
10-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Amazing i always thought people like you were out there but you have confirmed my suspicions with chat like this gem as i assume you reckon the stands and training centre were free :confused:

Did I mention the training centre or stand??

Explain to me when we have ever spent big on transfers recently?

Anyway had enough of the thread now.

Im away to steal some whisky then sneak into ER tonight and hide out till tomorrow.

Oh and Ill prob have to explain to a few on here that was a joke.

See you all tomorrow night.

PatHead
10-02-2013, 04:06 PM

Im away to steal some whisky then sneak into ER tonight and hide out till tomorrow.

So joking about it makes it okay. There are a lot of other Hibs supporters who choose toi give up other things to be able to afford to watch matches. It is about priorities. You obviously don't value Hibs enough to give up about a £5 spend each week. If we all had your attitude we would have the same finances as Hearts.

Time For Heroes
10-02-2013, 04:10 PM
It honestly makes me reconsider previous discussions about lowering ticket price for fans, it seems a decent proportion of people who attend games do so on the cheap?! I wonder if the whole buy a season ticket to grt a.final ticket has to blame for this or has this been the case for a while now?

Time For Heroes
10-02-2013, 04:11 PM
p.s sorry if it seems like im stirring the pot, im genuinely interested.

cocopops1875
10-02-2013, 04:18 PM

Oh and Ill prob have to explain to a few on here that was a joke.

See you all tomorrow night.

I did Quote you :wink: you said we never bought big from our 12mil transfers out cash ? i said we bought bricks and mortar :wink: Honestly am i being too subtle ? will i draw you a nice picture ?

I'm_cabbaged
10-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Been like this for years.

andyf5
10-02-2013, 04:29 PM

Cheers.

Says on the back of my season ticket that its non transferable and can only be used by the registered user.

However I can't make tomorrow's game and one of son's friends is using my adult ticket when they are eligible for a child's ticket....

cocopops1875
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM

Try picking up a bottle of whisky in Tesco and chucking them a fiver for it before walking out as you refuse to pay full price. I am starting to think you are serious now......

Rather you didn't go myself. Theft is theft no matter how you paint it.

So joking about it makes it okay. There are a lot of other Hibs supporters who choose toi give up other things to be able to afford to watch matches. It is about priorities. You obviously don't value Hibs enough to give up about a £5 spend each week. If we all had your attitude we would have the same finances as Hearts.

It honestly makes me reconsider previous discussions about lowering ticket price for fans, it seems a decent proportion of people who attend games do so on the cheap?! I wonder if the whole buy a season ticket to grt a.final ticket has to blame for this or has this been the case for a while now?
not having a go at anyone here, I agree its expensive to go to matches, And to a certain point i have no issue with someone (using a kids ticket for one game, buying a student ticket or consession if they really cant afford it at full price) the problem is where do you start and stop with discounts, What constitutes not being able to afford it ? does not being able to pay £22 for a ticket include 5 pints and a chippy on the way home ? I know of someone who had a student season ticket (because he knew a student and nobody checks ) and bought himself a £3000 watch is that right ? no its not but people do it

Andy74
10-02-2013, 04:44 PM
not having a go at anyone here, I agree its expensive to go to matches, And to a certain point i have no issue with someone (using a kids ticket for one game, buying a student ticket or consession if they really cant afford it at full price) the problem is where do you start and stop with discounts, What constitutes not being able to afford it ? does not being able to pay £22 for a ticket include 5 pints and a chippy on the way home ? I know of someone who had a student season ticket (because he knew a student and nobody checks ) and bought himself a £3000 watch is that right ? no its not but people do it

There's also a pile of awfully nice cars in the disabled parking. Maybe get a few of them paying the going rate too?

cocopops1875
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM
There's also a pile of awfully nice cars in the disabled parking. Maybe get a few of them paying the going rate too?

Not quite sure i get your point :confused:

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Lots of folk cannot afford a ST. Not so many of them pretend to be a child as a result though.

Presumably, seeing as your niece doesn't use her ST, she won't be renewing next year?

Even though it is none of your business she wont be renewing.

cocopops1875
10-02-2013, 04:59 PM

To be fair you put it out on the forum :wink: im sure the question was to clarify if the season ticket will be abused next year too :aok:

Beefster
10-02-2013, 04:59 PM

If you don't want folk opining about your business, it might be best to not post about it on a public forum.

3pm
10-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Turnstyles out, Butcher in.

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2013, 05:18 PM
If you don't want folk opining about your business, it might be best to not post about it on a public forum.

If you say so.

Using my nieces ticket to a couple of games a season is such a crime. Shame on me.

Tyler Durden
10-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I doubt any of us are surprised that people are abusing the system. The more important question is what are Hibs doing to close these gaps? And how much money is lost through the incompetence of our system and staffing?

A few examples from personal experience. I know of more than one person who have been sent multiple season cards or their account has renewed without any payment. How many times has that happened and why? Regarding the use of concession tickets, why aren't the turnstile operators instructed to ask for relevant ID to prove eligibility? Matric cards, age appropriate stuff etc? This wouldn't hold things up excessively and would soon stop the cheats.

A final example of incompetence and shocking service at ER. I used my season card to buy tickets for 4 friends for the recent cup derby. I separately bought my own seat as I didn't have a top up. When my ticket didn't arrive I called the ticket office who informed me they had already sold my seat, despite me having an email confirmation and having been charged for both ticket and postage. I then had to chase them a further 3 times before it was resolved, ending up with me sitting on my own and with not even an apology from the ticket office. The end result was that next time I probably wouldn't bother helping out mates to get a few extra bodies along. Appalling service and if it was anywhere else I'd have formally complained.

If this type of thing is the result of cost cuts its short sighted by the board as ultimately it is costing us money and potential revenues aren't being maximised.

Just Alf
10-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I doubt any of us are surprised that people are abusing the system. The more important question is what are Hibs doing to close these gaps? And how much money is lost through the incompetence of our system and staffing?

A few examples from personal experience. I know of more than one person who have been sent multiple season cards or their account has renewed without any payment. How many times has that happened and why? Regarding the use of concession tickets, why aren't the turnstile operators instructed to ask for relevant ID to prove eligibility? Matric cards, age appropriate stuff etc? This wouldn't hold things up excessively and would soon stop the cheats.

A final example of incompetence and shocking service at ER. I used my season card to buy tickets for 4 friends for the recent cup derby. I separately bought my own seat as I didn't have a top up. When my ticket didn't arrive I called the ticket office who informed me they had already sold my seat, despite me having an email confirmation and having been charged for both ticket and postage. I then had to chase them a further 3 times before it was resolved, ending up with me sitting on my own and with not even an apology from the ticket office. The end result was that next time I probably wouldn't bother helping out mates to get a few extra bodies along. Appalling service and if it was anywhere else I'd have formally complained.

If this type of thing is the result of cost cuts its short sighted by the board as ultimately it is costing us money and potential revenues aren't being maximised.

You SHOULD have formally complained!

I worked in a complaints team and our directors/senior management were really keen to see what we had to deal with..... Otherwise they could only guess at where to spend money on "improvements" :-)

hibs4thecup1988
10-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Whenever my son can't make a game my old man comes. I always upgrafd for ten quid. Would never feel right just going in. Plus it has hibs kids all over the ticket. The other problem was free season tickets for kids with an adult ST in the FF stand. I think people took advantage of this. Technically 190 quid for an adult season ticket. If you upgrade every game. Surely the club monitor this?

VickMackie
10-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I've done it in the past but haven't for a couple of years now. It just means I go to less games.

Net benefit to the club may be the same but I go to less games and don't get in the habit meaning it just becomes a hobby when I can be arsed or have some spare cash.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Says on the back of my season ticket that its non transferable and can only be used by the registered user.

However I can't make tomorrow's game and one of son's friends is using my adult ticket when they are eligible for a child's ticket....

Take it to the ticket office they'll refund the difference.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Folk have been at it for years - remember the club stated the average price of a ticket was about £12.

I'm_cabbaged
10-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Take it to the ticket office they'll refund the difference.

Don't know if you're trying to rip the piss or not.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Don't know if you're trying to rip the piss or not.

Neither do I!

Just thinking though it's got to work both ways?

I'm_cabbaged
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Neither do I!

Just thinking though it's got to work both ways?

Why? You've bought a "SEASON TICKET" if you miss a game, tough.

Danderhall Hibs
10-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Why? You've bought a "SEASON TICKET" if you miss a game, tough.

I've no problem letting someone have a loan of it then.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Why? Are disabled folk not allowed awfully nice cars.

Being disabled has **** all to do with your financial status.

Beefster
10-02-2013, 07:53 PM

Disabled supporters do pay the going rate. For disabled supporters.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2013, 07:59 PM

And there was me thinking they all drove blue 3 wheeled motors........:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 08:06 PM
And there was me thinking they all drove blue 3 wheeled motors........:greengrin

:greengrin I had forgotten about them, imagine the outcry if they were the only cars available on mobility.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2013, 08:14 PM
:greengrin I had forgotten about them, imagine the outcry if they were the only cars available on mobility.

I am sure the marketing guru's could say they were economical to run, or could use del boy as the face of them......

Jonnyboy
10-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Regularly parked trackside at many grounds :agree:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=blue+invalid+cars&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=UNg&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=SBkYUca6M-Sj0QXbgYGACQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1920&bih=976#imgrc=NdXwa9urJZs6jM%3A%3BWZcit0i_oQWTmM%3 Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fupload.wikimedia.org%252Fwikip edia%252Fcommons%252Fthumb%252F2%252F2b%252FAC_Inv alid_Carriage_1976.JPG%252F800px-AC_Invalid_Carriage_1976.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F mobile.pistonheads.com%252Fgassing%252Ftopic.asp%2 53Fh%253D0%2526f%253D70%2526t%253D1013006%2526mid% 253D0%2526nmt%253DMako%252Bblue%252B-%252Bpaint%252Bcode%3B800%3B591

Bristolhibby
10-02-2013, 09:26 PM

That will be the Tories next idea when getting "Lazy benifit ****" off the disability.

You watch, wee blue three wheelers, sponsored by Atos.

J

Andy74
11-02-2013, 10:56 AM

Quite. So why a discount?

Pete
11-02-2013, 11:13 AM

Limited choices when it comes to wheelchair parking?

Andy74
11-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Limited choices when it comes to wheelchair parking?

I think very few with a disabled ticket use a chair.

Anyhow, this was really just on response to a question as to why students get a discount and could then go and purchase other expensive items.

The fact is ticket discounts aren't means tested. You fall into a category then that's that. I'm sure many could pay more but are very happy not to.

In the same way the odd use of a kid or student ticket if its not being used isn't the end of the world. Sure Hibs could make more money if they fronted up and paid the difference but they'd also make more money if people who didn't really need a discount didn't get one.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2013, 11:32 AM

I wasn't aware that everyone with a disability got a discount! I always imagined it was just folk in wheelchairs who were restricted as to where they could watch the game from.

Does everyone who has a disability qualify for a reduction in ticket prices at Easter Road no matter where they sit?

cocopops1875
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM

Not quite sure i get your point :confused:

I think very few with a disabled ticket use a chair.

Anyhow, this was really just on response to a question as to why students get a discount and could then go and purchase other expensive items.

The fact is ticket discounts aren't means tested. You fall into a category then that's that. I'm sure many could pay more but are very happy not to.

In the same way the odd use of a kid or student ticket if its not being used isn't the end of the world. Sure Hibs could make more money if they fronted up and paid the difference but they'd also make more money if people who didn't really need a discount didn't get one.

I suggest you re-read the post you originally quoted me on :wink: (it was a statement not a question)
Did i mention having an issue with students getting a discount :confused:
Its fine i accept your apology :aok:

JollyGreenGiant
11-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Has Rod not said in the past that the average season ticket price is about £250, maybe Hibs should start being more proactive in stopping the people who are cheating the system, and the average price might go up.

Or people should just start buying the season ticket they are entitled to!

Andy74
11-02-2013, 11:44 AM
I wasn't aware that everyone with a disability got a discount! I always imagined it was just folk in wheelchairs who were restricted as to where they could watch the game from.

Does everyone who has a disability qualify for a reduction in ticket prices at Easter Road no matter where they sit?

I believe so.

Mark79
11-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Im going to do a st johns ambulance course and apply as a stretcher bearer. Prime seat behind dug out and im screwing rod out of a season ticket.

3pm
11-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Im going to do a st johns ambulance course and apply as a stretcher bearer. Prime seat behind dug out and im screwing rod out of a season ticket.

You need have one to screw him out of one.

cocopops1875
11-02-2013, 11:56 AM
I believe so.

Not True :wink:

Hibee87
11-02-2013, 12:01 PM
I believe so.

If you have a blue disabled badge i am sure you can get a cheap season ticket.......also if you go as the persons 'carer' you also get cheap tickets. Hibs really should be looking more closely as to who is doing what as I imagine there is a fair few fradusters attending e.r all the time

Andy74
11-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Not True :wink:

How does it work then?

Hibby D
11-02-2013, 01:13 PM

I think there's certain criteria to be met but in the main yes; if you are in receipt of a disability benefit as an example. As has been pointed out, the disabled person's carer also benefits from a huge discount on their season ticket too.

When I was doing my degree a few years ago I didn't take a student ticket the first year. But I did for the 2nd & 3rd years because I simply wouldn't have been able to afford the full adult price. I was only at uni one day a week. I got a matric card, so I used it.

According to some on this thread that makes me a thief :hilarious

Oh and I know for a fact that there is at least one person on this thread who has a reduced season ticket and they have in the past lent it to a member of their family. Now as far as I know, there was no request from the holder of said season ticket to their family member to head straight to the ticket office and pay the difference.

You know who you are :wink:

An awful lot of people on here surprising me with their (at times) condescending responses.

theonlywayisup
11-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Mr & Mrs Green both have adult season tickets. Mrs is not able to attend tonight, so Mr Green's brother uses Mrs Green's ticket instead.

Is that cheating?:cb

cocopops1875
11-02-2013, 01:27 PM
There are criteria as Hibby D says above and I'm pretty sure it relates to having a parking badge as stated Above, it's clear reading is not your strong suit so may I direct you to the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Helpline 01316567066 I'm sure someone there is just dying to deal with your questions

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Mr & Mrs Green both have adult season tickets. Mrs is not able to attend tonight, so Mr Green's brother uses Mrs Green's ticket instead.

Yes

Hibby D
11-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes

I disagree

Beefster
11-02-2013, 01:45 PM

No, an adult using an adult ST is perfectly acceptable IMHO.

silverhibee
11-02-2013, 01:58 PM
There are criteria as Hibby D says above and I'm pretty sure it relates to having a parking badge as stated Above, it's clear reading is not your strong suit so may I direct you to the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Helpline 01316567066 I'm sure someone there is just dying to deal with your questions

I am sure it will depend on what rate of disability you are on, there is high medium and low rates, i am pretty sure that it will only be folk on the high rate with a blue badge that will get the discount, they will more than likely have a carer with them too, for folk who are on medium and low rates i would expect to pay normal prices for a ST.

silverhibee
11-02-2013, 02:04 PM
My son is 19 and has a concession ST, is he cheating. ? :wink:

cocopops1875
11-02-2013, 02:17 PM

I know the answer but I'm no sayin ;-)

Judas Iscariot
11-02-2013, 02:27 PM
I disagree

You would be wrong then...

Hibby D
11-02-2013, 03:06 PM
You would be wrong then...

No, I'm not :no way:

An adult ticket going to an adult isn't cheating. It's showing goodwill and kindness.

Taking illegal, performance enhancing drugs on the other hand, now that is cheating

HibeeN
11-02-2013, 03:17 PM

Maybe it's like u21 rules - if you turn 19 in August when the season starts but buy your ST when you're still 18 in July, is that cheating? :greengrin

The Modfather
11-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Taking illegal, performance enhancing drugs on the other hand, now that is cheating

What about performance dehancing drugs, I've left Easter Road many a time feeling cheated these last few years :greengrin

Kojock
11-02-2013, 03:43 PM
An adult ticket going to an adult isn't cheating. It's showing goodwill and kindness.

You are breaching the 'conditions of use' giving your ticket to someone else at it clearly states that "The card is not transferable and may only be used by the registered holder" :wink:

Hibby D
11-02-2013, 04:00 PM
You are breaching the 'conditions of use' giving your ticket to someone else at it clearly states that "The card is not transferable and may only be used by the registered holder" :wink:

I don't disagree that's what the 'rules' say.

However it's not cheating, it's not theft and its not morally wrong; not really. All accusations thrown out on this thread.
Some folk need to relax just a little. :greengrin:

Last season I didn't attend ER for almost 5 months because I broke my foot. I let someone else use my ticket.
That someone else is now a regular at ER.
Where's the cheating in that? It was nice of me. It was kind and generous and nobody died or missed out as a result.

And it had a good positive outcome for the club. :-)

silverhibee
11-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I know the answer but I'm no sayin ;-)

:greengrin

silverhibee
11-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Maybe it's like u21 rules - if you turn 19 in August when the season starts but buy your ST when you're still 18 in July, is that cheating? :greengrin

Not in my eyes. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
11-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I think there's certain criteria to be met but in the main yes; if you are in receipt of a disability benefit as an example. As has been pointed out, the disabled person's carer also benefits from a huge discount on their season ticket too.

When I was doing my degree a few years ago I didn't take a student ticket the first year. But I did for the 2nd & 3rd years because I simply wouldn't have been able to afford the full adult price. I was only at uni one day a week. I got a matric card, so I used it.

According to some on this thread that makes me a thief :hilarious

Oh and I know for a fact that there is at least one person on this thread who has a reduced season ticket and they have in the past lent it to a member of their family. Now as far as I know, there was no request from the holder of said season ticket to their family member to head straight to the ticket office and pay the difference.

You know who you are :wink:

An awful lot of people on here surprising me with their (at times) condescending responses.

Holier than thow folk ken whit's gaun oan :greengrin

VickMackie
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM
I was offered a free ticket for tonight but chose not to go. Does that make me a bad supporter or a good guy for not taking an already paid for ticket? :greengrin

Makaveli
11-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Update from the OP: not only did we pay the tenner to get a grown-ups ticket printed, we then spent £24.99 in the shop.

When Griffiths signs permanently in the summer it's basically thanks to me.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I am sure it will depend on what rate of disability you are on, there is high medium and low rates, i am pretty sure that it will only be folk on the high rate with a blue badge that will get the discount, they will more than likely have a carer with them too, for folk who are on medium and low rates i would expect to pay normal prices for a ST.

There seems to be an assumption on here that if you have a blue badge then you must be on some sort of disability benefit which is not the case.

ChooseLife
12-02-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm in my early 20s and I work, my last ST before this season was 06/07, the main reason I purchased 2 STs for me and my student girlfriend was so we could attend the final in may.

My working hours insured I would make 2/3 of the games and miss the rest, the potential price for the STs and final was £670 (1 adult ST, 1 student ST and 2 final tickets) I took the decision to get my student brother to come up to ER and save me £200 by putting it in his name, so i "only" spent £470 in the end, and I still think I payed way over the odds for what I've been getting, and it doesn't feel like stealing when there's over half a stadium empty, if the attendance was reaching 17K regularly, I MIGHT feel like I'm restricting a full paying hibee from a good seat, but until that day I don't.

I love hibs more than anything, but I'm not paying £400 to go to the football, £200 hurts more than enough.

marinello59
12-02-2013, 05:49 AM
I'm in my early 20s and I work, my last ST before this season was 06/07, the main reason I purchased 2 STs for me and my student girlfriend was so we could attend the final in may.

My working hours insured I would make 2/3 of the games and miss the rest, the potential price for the STs and final was £670 (1 adult ST, 1 student ST and 2 final tickets) I took the decision to get my student brother to come up to ER and save me £200 by putting it in his name, so i "only" spent £470 in the end, and I still think I payed way over the odds for what I've been getting, and it doesn't feel like stealing when there's over half a stadium empty, if the attendance was reaching 17K regularly, I MIGHT feel like I'm restricting a full paying hibee from a good seat, but until that day I don't.

I love hibs more than anything, but I'm not paying £400 to go to the football, £200 hurts more than enough.
You love Hibs more than anything? Comedy gold:faf:
First class trolling there Sir, you have pushed plenty of buttons. I cant even begin to take your post seriously but put your helmet on.

ChooseLife
12-02-2013, 05:51 AM
You love Hibs more than anything? Comedy gold:faf:
First class trolling there Sir, you have pushed plenty of buttons. I cant even begin to take your post seriously but put your helmet on.

it's hardly going to work if you come on right under it and give it away :rolleyes:

Sect43
12-02-2013, 06:38 AM
If the stewards done their job this wouldn't happen. Why don't they question an adult handing over an U12 ST?

Makaveli
12-02-2013, 07:28 AM
If the stewards done their job this wouldn't happen. Why don't they question an adult handing over an U12 ST?

The thing is mate, the turnstile operators don't see the writing on the cards. Most folk don't hand their ST card over to be scanned, they just hold it out. The guys scan them at arms length and unlock the turnstile as soon as it beeps. I don't even think the scanners have a screen on the top/back that will flash up "child" or whatever.

Seems mental TBH because I remember needing to get a passport photo for my first ST to prevent fraud, and that was in 1997.

Cod Boy
12-02-2013, 07:46 AM
They should do what the do at ibrox they have stewards standing when you go through the turnstile. When the season ticket gets scanned and its a concession a light comes on and if a adult comes through and dont have a valid reason or proof to use the ticket they are taking to the ticket office to pay the difference or dont get in

Judas Iscariot
12-02-2013, 08:03 AM
No, I'm not :no way:

I was being a pedantic erse :greengrin

VickMackie
12-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Maybe hibs are willing to accept a % of people who buy cheap season tickets to get them in the door.

I suspect the club know that a lot of those that might get cheaper tickets just won't go at all.

danhibees1875
12-02-2013, 08:55 AM
The thing is mate, the turnstile operators don't see the writing on the cards. Most folk don't hand their ST card over to be scanned, they just hold it out. The guys scan them at arms length and unlock the turnstile as soon as it beeps. I don't even think the scanners have a screen on the top/back that will flash up "child" or whatever.

Seems mental TBH because I remember needing to get a passport photo for my first ST to prevent fraud, and that was in 1997.

The scanners have a large screen on them which displays the type of ticket being used and it also beeps in a different way when it's a concession ticket. :agree:

Makaveli
12-02-2013, 09:06 AM
The scanners have a large screen on them which displays the type of ticket being used and it also beeps in a different way when it's a concession ticket. :agree:

So is it sheer disinterest from the operators that lets adults get in as kids?

danhibees1875
12-02-2013, 09:17 AM
So is it sheer disinterest from the operators that lets adults get in as kids?

Presumably. I'm not sure how much they are informed before the game to be vigilant of such things though - it could be down to that. There is also the factor of being rushed when everyone shows up in the 5 minutes prior to KO wanting to get in ASAP, so stewards just want to hear the beep and let folk through as quickly as possible so that everyone sees the game.

If we're honest, if the outcome of this was that these people were getting sent away to to the ticket office or asked to rake through their wallets for matric cards, young scot cards, bus passes(whatever it is you need to prove your old :greengrin ) then it would end with larger ques and people missing the entertainment ( :greengrin - coudn't help myself) on the field. Although yes, this is how it should be done. But the same happens at Tynecastle and M'field - and I'd imagine throughtout the rest of Scotland.

derekduval
12-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Fully believe detox's 'senario' have also heard of students who don't support hibs buying season tickets for others for £30

ChooseLife
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Fully believe detox's 'senario' have also heard of students who don't support hibs buying season tickets for others for £30

£30!? that must be disabled, family, job seekers allowance, pensioner students. :greengrin