PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on Leith

haagsehibby
10-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Good programme on Radio 4 just now called Lyrical Journey. Describing how SOL was written and the effect it has had on various people. Of course the CIS final gets a mention.

Prawn Sandwich
10-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Good programme on Radio 4 just now called Lyrical Journey. Describing how SOL was written and the effect it has had on various people. Of course the CIS final gets a mention.

Every Hibby worth their salt should listen to this! :top marks

Here is the link to the BBC iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/radio/episode/b01ngn3q/

hibsbollah
10-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Great listen, really moving.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Tivo'd for later.

alexhibs
10-02-2013, 06:42 PM

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2013, 07:27 PM
What a great listen, i have posted a link to several friends and family. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
10-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Spot on from John Nicol too :agree:

I'm away to watch that YouTube footage again :greengrin

Glory Lurker
10-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Brilliant shout by the OP :top marks

LancashireHibby
10-02-2013, 09:12 PM
My ears pricked when just after the news at 6 tonight on Radio 4 they mentioned "the one voice of 30,000 Hibs fans" so thanks for posting the link, absolutely fascinating listen. Holds a certain amount of resonance from a personal point of view that it was recorded mainly at Calton Hill as that view is the single reason that I support Hibs (yes I know I've told this story on here before!)

hibsbollah
10-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Spot on from John Nicol too :agree:

I'm away to watch that YouTube footage again :greengrin

Nicol is of course, absolutely right about SOL. It has such resonance, such power, that you dont want to dilute its effect by overplaying it :top marks:

LancashireHibby
10-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Nicol is of course, absolutely right about SOL. It has such resonance, such power, that you dont want to dilute its effect by overplaying it :top marks:
Spot on with that. But, without knowing when the programme was recorded, is it still his responsibility after the 'Taxman' shenanigans?

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 09:23 PM
My ears pricked when just after the news at 6 tonight on Radio 4 they mentioned "the one voice of 30,000 Hibs fans" so thanks for posting the link, absolutely fascinating listen. Holds a certain amount of resonance from a personal point of view that it was recorded mainly at Calton Hill as that view is the single reason that I support Hibs (yes I know I've told this story on here before!)
I've never heard it.............do tell. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
[/B]I've never heard it.............do tell. :greengrin
Went to Edinburgh for a weekend away with the family in the mid 90's, climbed Calton Hill and saw the view of Easter Road. Asked my dad who's dad it is, he said it's painted green so must be Hibs and that was it for me!

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Went to Edinburgh for a weekend away with the family in the mid 90's, climbed Calton Hill and saw the view of Easter Road. Asked my dad who's dad it is, he said it's painted green so must be Hibs and that was it for me!

:thumbsup: Simple as that.

Jonnyboy
10-02-2013, 09:30 PM
:thumbsup: Simple as that.

These wee stories are fabby :agree:

We've a Sheffield based fan who follows Hibs because he once read a football annual and it had a colour pic of Pat Stanton in it! Green and white strip sealed the deal

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 09:33 PM
These wee stories are fabby :agree:

We've a Sheffield based fan who follows Hibs because he once read a football annual and it had a colour pic of Pat Stanton in it! Green and white strip sealed the deal

:thumbsup: These wee stories worthy of their own thread.