PDA

View Full Version : Goals against record..

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Currently sitting at 31, 3rd best in the league behind Celtic and St Johnstone.

Those clean sheets in the past few weeks have made such a difference.:agree:

Sir David Gray
09-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Yep.

Very pleasing to see the defensive stats so far this season and I've no doubts at all that a lot of that is down to the fact that the defence has such great confidence in the man behind them.

If we can start scoring goals again then hopefully we'll be in for an exciting end to the season.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Maybe some fans will lay off Mcpake then, although its not all his performance that gives clean sheets

Billychaotic182
09-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Great stat for us just wish we were creating more at the other end but never the less it's good to see a hibs team that's hard to beat

JMac
09-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Completely agree, we're a very hard team to beat now due to us being difficult to score against, if only we could score how we were at the start of the season.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Maybe some fans will lay off Mcpake then, although its not all his performance that gives clean sheets

Why?

Is he immune from criticism as opposed to other players who are fair game, he's had some bad games and has rightly been criticised for them.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Why?

Is he immune from criticism as opposed to other players who are fair game, he's had some bad games and has rightly been criticised for them.

Good evening mr Scouse Hibee, just think he's been singled out for more criticism than the other members of the back 4, hence the reason I mentioned him!

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Good evening mr Scouse Hibee, just think he's been singled out for more criticism than the other members of the back 4, hence the reason I mentioned him!

Awrite Billy no need for such formalities :greengrin

Okay you may have a point in relation to the back four, I was thinking in general where certain players seem to be immune and others are not, purely the impression I get on here sometimes.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Awrite Billy no need for such formalities :greengrin

Okay you may have a point in relation to the back four, I was thinking in general where certain players seem to be immune and others are not, purely the impression I get on here sometimes.

Mr Billy to you please
Ha ha

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Our back 4 have been nowhere near as bad as some would make out at times this season?

bingo70
09-02-2013, 08:08 PM
If we had to play without our keeper, back four or top scorer we'd probably be bottom now.

Fenlon out butcher in

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2013, 08:10 PM
If we had to play without our keeper, back four or top scorer we'd probably be bottom now.

Fenlon out butcher in

Aye you're right playing with only 5 players would be a disaster.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Fenlon out butcher in

Any team that only played with five players would probably be bottom? :wink:

danhibees1875
09-02-2013, 08:12 PM

Mondays game is likely to be a goalfest then :greengrin

Billy Whizz
09-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Any team that only played with five players would probably be bottom? :wink:

The game would be abandoned, you need a min of 7/8 I think on the field for the game to continue

bingo70
09-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Aye you're right playing with only 5 players would be a disaster.

That's my point.

People that have been slating fenlon have been making out we're lucky and a one man team in Griffiths, the stats prove though he's also signed a good keeper and organised us so we're much harder to score against, surely at some point fenlons going to get the credit he's deserved as the improvement isn't lucky its because he's clearly a good manager imo.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2013, 08:16 PM
The game would be abandoned, you need a min of 7/8 I think on the field for the game to continue

Technically its would not have started? :wink:

Billy Whizz
09-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Technically its would not have started? :wink:

Would the opposition kick off, similar to "one team in Tallin"

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Would the opposition kick off, similar to "one team in Tallin"

I don't know, but you said for the game to continue? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I don't know, but you said for the game to continue? :greengrin

"Technically" your right

Ozyhibby
09-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Our defensive record has improved big time for the same reason we are no longer scoring as many. We have pretty much dropped two defensive midfielders right on top of the centre halfs. This results in us being tight at the back but when we get the ball there is about a 40 metre gap between Griffiths and the rest of the team. Hopefully only a short term fix by Pat.

Jonnyboy
09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
That's my point.

People that have been slating fenlon have been making out we're lucky and a one man team in Griffiths, the stats prove though he's also signed a good keeper and organised us so we're much harder to score against, surely at some point fenlons going to get the credit he's deserved as the improvement isn't lucky its because he's clearly a good manager imo.

Agreed :agree:

The stats also show that Doyle has scored almost as many goals as Griffiths from open play and yet he gets a hard time from some on here (not you bingo)

coco22
09-02-2013, 08:58 PM
That's my point.

Agree. Good acquisitions alongside hanlon and Mcpake have made our defence much stronger. Been fairly settled as well with Lewis providing excellent cover at LB when needed. Focus must be on forward thinking but PFs comments seem to suggest that he knows where our strengths lie (for the moment)

bingo70
09-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Agree. Good acquisitions alongside hanlon and Mcpake have made our defence much stronger. Been fairly settled as well with Lewis providing excellent cover at LB when needed. Focus must be on forward thinking but PFs comments seem to suggest that he knows where our strengths lie (for the moment)

Maybury has been a good signing as well, not the most exciting of signings and not always appreciated but he's been a good addition to the squad.

Btw mcpake is one of the good acquisitions fenlon has made surely?

GlenrothesHibee
10-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Making us hard to score against and therfore hard to beat had to be Fenlons priority after the last few seasons. He seems to have done this. Looking forward to the next stage of development.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Making us hard to score against and therfore beat had to be Fenlons priority after the last few seasons. He seems to have done this. Looking forward to the next stage of development.

Thats my take on things too, there is no chance of relegation this season, and to be honest that should never be on the agenda anyway.

The teams above us over the last few seasons have had better teams, Pat has now made us competitive with them. As you say the next stage is more development, more creativity more easy on the eye, and hopefully more wins? :agree:

Hibbyradge
10-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Mr Billy to you please
Ha ha

You sure it's not King Billy? :hmmm:

Billy Whizz
10-02-2013, 11:16 AM
You sure it's not King Billy? :hmmm:

Behave