Russell The Dug
09-02-2013, 01:39 PM
It's a different gordon. Not plooky.

Scottiedog007
09-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Just been posted on twitter not in goals but part of today's coaching staff

Heedersnvolleys
09-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Craig Gordon ....... Not as good as Big Ben!

Heedersnvolleys
09-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Craig Gordon ..... Would nae get a game for us ;-)

tamig
09-02-2013, 05:49 PM
What a waste of talent. A great goalkeeper who should be approaching his prime - but not even playing just now. All this despite the fact he played for them.

Bishop Hibee
09-02-2013, 05:52 PM
He would have been on his way to 100 caps for Scotland if it wasn't for serious injury. Much better than McGregor.

Frazerbob
09-02-2013, 05:55 PM
What a waste of talent. A great goalkeeper who should be approaching his prime - but not even playing just now. All this despite the fact he played for them.

You can hardly blame hime for his career being ruined by injury.

tamig
09-02-2013, 06:00 PM

I wasn't blaming him in any way. He's been unfortunate and it's tragic that no club has taken a chance on him.

#FromTheCapital
09-02-2013, 06:01 PM

Willing to make an exception for that ********.

Jack Hackett
09-02-2013, 06:26 PM
After the Dean Shiels penalty incident, I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire

lord bunberry
09-02-2013, 06:28 PM
After the Dean Shiels penalty incident, I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire

That's a theory that needs to be put to the test

Saorsa
09-02-2013, 06:31 PM
After the Dean Shiels penalty incident, I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fireThis :agree:

****in' dirty h****s ****

greenlex
09-02-2013, 07:41 PM
This :agree:

****in' dirty h****s ****
Get off that fence J. :greengrin:top marks

The_Horde
09-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Notes taken from that game the day. Booth one of the best players on the park and was good to see Kevin Mccann again and fully fit. Livi had all the ball but Dumbarton worked hard and were clinical. Bryan Pruntys goal is one of the best if not the best goal I've ever witnessed. Chested it up and overhead kicked it into the top bag. Incredible!

The_Horde
09-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Also. Hibs should never have released Scougal. Great wee player and just what we need IMO

GlenrothesHibee
10-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Fantastic goalkeeper. Best Scotland has had since Goram/Leighton in my opinion. Unlucky with injuries. Good luck to the boy in getting his career back on track.

Brooster
10-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Craig Gordon is the goalkeeping coach at gala fairydean.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Craig Gordon is the goalkeeping coach at gala fairydean.

Is he finished as a player Brooster, it seems strange he's not picked up a club? :confused:

MrRobot
10-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Craig Gordon is one of the biggest goalkeeping talents we've seen in the scottish game. People who say he's ***** need to get a grip. Ex jambo or not Henie a cracking talent. Shame his career seems potentially over through injury.

Spender
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
;3501204']Notes taken from that game the day. Booth one of the best players on the park and was good to see Kevin Mccann again and fully fit. Livi had all the ball but Dumbarton worked hard and were clinical. Bryan Pruntys goal is one of the best if not the best goal I've ever witnessed. Chested it up and overhead kicked it into the top bag. Incredible!

did scott smith have a good game

Billychaotic182
10-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Craig Gordon is one of the biggest goalkeeping talents we've seen in the scottish game. People who say he's ***** need to get a grip. Ex jambo or not Henie a cracking talent. Shame his career seems potentially over through injury.

This

Hibrandenburg
10-02-2013, 12:53 PM
It's a well known fact the victims tend to become the perpetrators. For this reason alone the spotty yam Untermensch and all his ilk should stay well away.

Jack Hackett
10-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Craig Gordon is one of the biggest acting talents we've seen in the scottish game. People who say he's ***** need to get a grip. Ex jambo or not Henie a cracking talent. Shame his career seems potentially over through injury.

Fixed that for you :greengrin

monktonharp
10-02-2013, 01:08 PM
That's a theory that needs to be put to the testcorrect, let's do just that. he is as previously posted, and he cused Sheils and Hibs, greif that night so I have no symphathy for him. EX-JAMBO FUD

hibsbollah
10-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Amazingly talent, pished away on clearacil bills.
His save from Rob Jones in the 2-2 derby just defied belief. How hes never gone onto bigger things is a mystery.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=hibs%20hearts%202-2#/watch?v=ka0Tt8Fcw40

#FromTheCapital
10-02-2013, 01:14 PM

He is/was a great keeper I don't think many will deny that, however he is a class A fudd. Il never forget that incident with dean shiels on the Boxing Day derby 2006. After shiels scored a penalty he ran to get the ball from the back of the net and plukey intentionally stood in his way and fell down like a house of cards when shiels ran into him. He then stayed on the ground for about 5 mins to ensure shiels was shown the red.

The_Horde
10-02-2013, 02:22 PM
did scott smith have a good game

Nothing special. Picked up a slight injury and it looked like Murray was telling him to keep his head up. Seemed a tad overweight/slow to me.

calmacuk
10-02-2013, 02:55 PM
There's an interview with him in the Dumbarton local newspaper today. He says he definitely won't play again this season, but hasn't given up returning to football:

THERE was a great sense of anticipation at Almondvale today when the Dumbarton squad arrived with the world's eighth most expensive ever goalkeeper, Craig Gordon.

The former Scotland number one, whose save for Sunderland against Bolton was last year voted the greatest save the Premiership has ever seen, has been without a club since his release from the Black Cats in the summer, following months of injury agony.

However much to the disappointment of the Sons fans, and the relief of the Livingston support, the £9 million man was not playing, he was simply helping out as a coach.

After suffering a miserable final season with Sunderland where the 30-year-old was hampered with a number of injuries, he revealed he is still not fit and is not sure if he will ever return to playing between the posts: "I definitely won't be playing again this season, that is part of the reason I am getting into coaching, I don't know when the end might come for playing - I am certainly not ready to chuck in the towel just yet but obviously it has been a long time so I don't really know where I will be going in the future

"I am not ruling that (getting back playing) out but as time goes on it becomes increasingly more difficult to try and do that.

"But I have not 100 per cent given up on that yet, hopefully something good will happen and I will get back to playing but I have to put things in place for if that doesn't happen."

And that is where former Edinburgh derby rival, now Dumbarton manager, Ian Murray, stepped in, as Gordon continued : "Ian spoke to me when we were on Sportscene a few weeks ago about the possibility of coming in and helping out at different stages and I was very open to the prospect of that happening.

"He then called me up on Thursday and asked if I was available and I was happy to do so.

"I will give a hand whenever is necessary so it may well become a regular thing, it might not.

"I have got aspirations of one day myself, getting into coaching so it was good to have the experience and see it from a different side, as a player you don't fully understand and see what goes on behind the scenes so it was good to be part of that and see what happens."

In an action packed match which produced five goals, two penalties, a red card and a spectacular opener Gordon was impressed with what he saw as 10 man Dumbarton defeated Livingston 3-2.

The keeper was particularly taken with Bryan Prunty's overhead-kick, which opened the scoring: "Ian has definitely got the team very well organised, they have a real will to win, chucking themselves in front of balls a real determination and desire to get points for him."

"Prunty's overhead kick was an unbelievable finish, I don't think there will be too many better scored between now and the end of the season. The touch to set it up and then the execution of it was magnificent; it was a truly great goal."

While Gordon enjoyed the experience and was grateful to Murray for giving him the opportunity, the Dumbarton boss was delighted to be able to call on a 30-year-old with 40 Scotland caps and almost 100 Premiership appearances, he explained: "To get someone of his magnitude, of his experience will help our goalkeepers and we may need another goalie after today so we will see!"

Murray also confirmed Gordon is helping on an informal basis, free of charge but he will be handed greater responsibility on Tuesday night: "Craig is just helping out as he is looking to get back playing in the summer - we needed an extra body, an extra set of hands in to help us, it won't be an every week thing but whenever he can help us he will.

"He will help us whenever he can, he helped us today and he will take the reserve team on Tuesday night down at Queen of the South because I will be playing."

While Dumbarton fans will be delighted with Murray's latest recruit even they would agree it would be great to have the man who inspired Scotland to two victories over France back to fitness and back playing at the highest level.

Bobby's Cinema
10-02-2013, 03:13 PM
His save from Rob Jones in the 2-2 derby just defied belief. How hes never gone onto bigger things is a mystery.

The best save I've ever witnessed peering round those old pillars

Dashing Bob S
10-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Great keeper, but spent too much time on the dermatologists table.

hibsbollah
10-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Great keeper, but spent too much time on the dermatologists table.

:agree: like so many football legends, skin problems ruined their chances of happiness. The curse of genius.

patch1875
10-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Well done Murray in approaching him in the first place, good to see a young manager using his initiative

VickMackie
11-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Saying today that he might not play again. Mental at the age of 30.

Either lost the desire for the game or he's knackered.

Wilson
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Saying today that he might not play again. Mental at the age of 30.

Either lost the desire for the game or he's knackered.

You didn't read the article then. His arm is goosed - and Craig Gordon is one of those goalies who actually used his arms for goalkeeping duties beyond waving at aeroplanes.

Plenty of rehab - still not 100%.

What with the plukes as well he doesn't have his troubles to seek.

His desire for the game obviously hasn't gone if he's talking about coaching.

Famous Fiver
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Karma,

What goes round comes round.

essexhibee
11-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Karma,

What goes round comes round.

Karma for what?

lyonhibs
11-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Karma,