PDA

View Full Version : It's taken 40 years for me to hear this one. 7-0 game

Vini1875
08-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Thread on kickback as to the apparent real reason they lost 7-0 forty years ago. Their team was pissed all night and hung over or still drunk the following day. I know I should n't be reading kick back, but they seem to think it is common knowledge. It is the first time I have this excuse and apparently they are not still hurting about it.

Anyone else hear this before? What were they doing before the 6-2 game and do I have to wait another 30 years to hear the reason they got humped that night?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/124197-the-real-reason-hearts-lost-7-0-to-hubs/

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2013, 07:06 PM
I was steaming the night before last years cup final, i feel so much better now. :wink:

heretoday
08-02-2013, 07:48 PM
It's good to know the morons are still obsessing about that game!

Geo_1875
08-02-2013, 07:51 PM
They did claim that the team were under the weather as they'd appeared on a Hogmanay Show on tv the night before. The yams couldn't get their heads round the fact that they all had suntans and it was recorded in July.

R'Albin
08-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I find it funny that they go on about the game being irrelevant then start making excuses about it.

rosco-hibee
08-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I love their "big team big cup, 1-5" banter etc etc.

It makes 7-0, their excuses and the fact they will never top it all the more sweet.

GIRFUY ya yam *****s!!

Kato
08-02-2013, 08:47 PM
A couple of weeks before 01.01.73 we had beaten one the best Celtc sides ever in the League Cup final. Following week we beat Ayr United, who were better than Hearts that season, 8-1. We had also scored 6 against Sporting Lisbon, 7 against FC Besa and 6 against a rugged (dirty) Airdrie side. Not forgetting beating humping the newly crowned Cup Winners Cup champs (oldco) at the start of that season.

A lot of people say Hearts could have been 2-0 up before Hibs scored in that game, and they did have two decent chances early on. If that can be said what also can be is Hibs could scored 12 or 15 that day.

EdinMike
08-02-2013, 08:48 PM
They live in the past because they have no future.

I'll stick to the present. :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
08-02-2013, 09:38 PM
They can dress it up however and whenever they want , 0-7 was the final score.

California-Hibs
08-02-2013, 09:38 PM
A Hearts fan on my facebook put a status up about this earlier. Basically saying that he had read this thread on kickback about the Hearts players being drunk and how it had many people posted claiming to be in the know and how it all now made sense why it was that scoreline etc. He's young, 20 years old so wasn't at the 0-7 game. I of course whet on to tell him how rediculous he sounded for putting up such a stupid status and asked if he believed everything he read on the internet. To which he replied 'eh no of course i don't but i'm just passing on what folk are saying, it could be true it could not be true, who knows?'. He then went on to say how all the derbies leading upto the 0-7 game had been close and then that happened all of a sudden, so the drunk stories make sense. Like a previous posted has said, i asked him what happened to the Hearts players for the 6-2 game - no response. He like sooo many other muppets over on kickback, are so deluded that some of the things that they sprout actually make me question their mental state. It's not like they sprout rubbish and go on to then turn the thread into having a laugh about it...they actually GENUINELY believe what they're saying!

So i then went on to take the piss out of him exclaiming that i had it on good authority that Ian Black and accomplices (not yet known) managed to slip the 'roofie' drug into the Hibs players breakfast's in the morning of the Cup Final without them knowing. I told him how i had read about it online and that Black had got the idea from the 'Hangover' films, and this is what resulted in the Hibs players performance that day. We were SEVERELY disadvantaged!

.....He genuinely asked me to revel my sources, and show him the site. It truly sums up Hearts fans. I had to explain to him that i made up that story to show him how ridiculous his story from kickback sounded. However he still claimed that the drunken Hearts players story sounded very true because posters have been claiming to be 'in the know and why would they lie?'

This guy has came out with some real whoppers but this one is right up there. Can anyone top my story with examples of Hearts delusions??

PS: Anyone else hear about Black drugging the Hibs squad??... :wink:

marinello59
08-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Brilliant. Finally they realise that the 5-1 stuff really doesn't wind us up and get back to hurting over the 0-7. ****ers.

Pete
08-02-2013, 09:52 PM
A Hearts fan on my facebook put a status up about this earlier. Basically saying that he had read this thread on kickback about the Hearts players being drunk and how it had many people posted claiming to be in the know and how it all now made sense why it was that scoreline etc. He's young, 20 years old so wasn't at the 0-7 game. I of course whet on to tell him how rediculous he sounded for putting up such a stupid status and asked if he believed everything he read on the internet. To which he replied 'eh no of course i don't but i'm just passing on what folk are saying, it could be true it could not be true, who knows?'. He then went on to say how all the derbies leading upto the 0-7 game had been close and then that happened all of a sudden, so the drunk stories make sense. Like a previous posted has said, i asked him what happened to the Hearts players for the 6-2 game - no response. He like sooo many other muppets over on kickback, are so deluded that some of the things that they sprout actually make me question their mental state. It's not like they sprout rubbish and go on to then turn the thread into having a laugh about it...they actually GENUINELY believe what they're saying!

So i then went on to take the piss out of him exclaiming that i had it on good authority that Ian Black and accomplices (not yet known) managed to slip the 'roofie' drug into the Hibs players breakfast's in the morning of the Cup Final without them knowing. I told him how i had read about it online and that Black had got the idea from the 'Hangover' films, and this is what resulted in the Hibs players performance that day. We were SEVERELY disadvantaged!

.....He genuinely asked me to revel my sources, and show him the site. It truly sums up Hearts fans. I had to explain to him that i made up that story to show him how ridiculous his story from kickback sounded. However he still claimed that the drunken Hearts players story sounded very true because posters have been claiming to be 'in the know and why would they lie?'

This guy has came out with some real whoppers but this one is right up there. Can anyone top my story with examples of Hearts delusions??

PS: Anyone else hear about Black drugging the Hibs squad??... :wink:

He didn't need to do that. There's a far more simple reason why we had no chance in that game.

0-7 was achieved without 12 men v 10.

Cabbage East
08-02-2013, 09:54 PM
That game isn't relevant.

Now listen to my story about that game.

5-1

MWHIBBIES
08-02-2013, 09:56 PM
They're obsessed with poorly trying to insult Hibs. A little pathetic IMO

QMU-1875
08-02-2013, 10:54 PM
This proves that they are actually still hurt over this game. They suffered from an absolute raping that day which they will never ever get over, actually love the fact that they are still coming up with excuses! Brilliant!

07hibee
08-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Brilliant,7 going on 11 ,no dodgy ref or unpaid players either!

nonshinyfinish
08-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Clearly it still stings 40 years on. :giruy:

AlbertK86
09-02-2013, 06:17 AM
It is similar to their poor excuses from '86.

All the players had the flu
St Mirrens fault they lay down to Celtic ... That really still rankles them
Refs fault - never gave them a stonewall pen

They are so bitter .... They need to accept they bottled it.

Always the same ..... Just accept yiz got an absolute doing in the 0-7 game

GGTTH

SouthMoroccoStu
09-02-2013, 07:35 AM
A lot of people say Hearts could have been 2-0 up before Hibs scored in that game, and they did have two decent chances early on............

I was speaking with Jimmy O'Rourke recently and he said that he had been confronted by Jambos (players and fans) in the past trying to justify this game and score line.

The answer he always gives....'Ok, so we would have won 2-7!!'

Jimmy = legend :not worth

shagpile
09-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Thread on kickback as to the apparent real reason they lost 7-0 forty years ago. Their team was pissed all night and hung over or still drunk the following day. I know I should n't be reading kick back, but they seem to think it is common knowledge. It is the first time I have this excuse and apparently they are not still hurting about it.

Anyone else hear this before? What were they doing before the 6-2 game and do I have to wait another 30 years to hear the reason they got humped that night?

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/124197-the-real-reason-hearts-lost-7-0-to-hubs/

It could well be the case.
For players to go out on the booze the evening before a match is unprofessional in the extreme. 40 years on they are still unprofessional in everything they do.
What a shame that such an institution as heart of midlothian has become synonymous with everything that is wrong not only in football, but in life.
Owned by a Lithuanian shyster with no visible means of support they are now nearing the end of their present shoddy incarnation.
If they wish to believe that their club lost 0-7[i do wish posters would get that right]because the players were pissed then so be it.
In their position i suppose anything that allows sleep to come when you put out the bedside light, is welcome.
Because lets face it, for hearts supporters, the new morning light is a bit like the darkness of the previous evening.
So if this kind of crap gets them through the day, then why should we spoil their pitiful existence. Their 'new dawn' will be hard & long.

Ha ****ing ha.:greengrin I can't think of a more deserving bunch[bar their honking cousins in the west]

allezsauzee
09-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Just ignore them, they'll eventually go away

Pretty Boy
09-02-2013, 08:16 AM
They really are a strange bunch.

They dont care about the result yet have pages making excuses for why it happened? Good one.

Gatecrasher
09-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Well before the cup final Gary O'Connor spent the night as a hostage to the Cartel not paying up. Lets not forget poor Leigh who spent the night in the cells because he went mental at a Burger King because they had no milkshake left. Mark Brown was still tired from his tour round the Lurpack factory. Everyone seems to forget these things.

lapsedhibee
09-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I was speaking with Jimmy O'Rourke recently and he said that he had been confronted by Jambos (players and fans) in the past trying to justify this game and score line.

When Jimmy O'Rourke was growing up I don't think he would ever have said that a team won 2-7. Are you sure he didn't say 7-2?

Believe it's a relatively modern thing to say that your team won 0-1. The old way would have been "won 1-0 away".

Dinosaurus corrections welcome if my memory is faulty on this...

Eyrie
09-02-2013, 10:17 AM
When Jimmy O'Rourke was growing up I don't think he would ever have said that a team won 2-7. Are you sure he didn't say 7-2?

Believe it's a relatively modern thing to say that your team won 0-1. The old way would have been "won 1-0 away".

Dinosaurus corrections welcome if my memory is faulty on this...
It was always the 7-0 game when I was growing up in the 70s and 80s, and it wasn't until I joined .net I heard it being referred to as 0-7. Our score comes first, regardless of the venue.

GlenrothesHibee
09-02-2013, 11:53 AM
[/B]

Jimmy = legend :not worth

2-14