PDA

View Full Version : East Terrace

soda70
08-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Has anyone heard any news when the work will begin to install the Green Granite stone?

My understanding that there would be news in Jan 2013. I haven't read anything on the official site?

Any news?

eastterrace
08-02-2013, 01:23 PM
i emailed them the other day , got no reply so i phoned and was told they were having problems with there emails but she said hopefully get back to me at end of the week. so heres hoping as they did say end of jan or beginning of feb but it would surley be when a game was on so to have an official opening.

Seveno
08-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I emailed the Club in December to ask, given the success of the East Terrace, were there any plans to extend the scheme to the West Terrace. No response.

Twiglet
08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
They were waiting until the semi had been played so hopefully this month/beginning of next?

1875STEVE
08-02-2013, 05:14 PM
They were waiting until the semi had been played so hopefully this month/beginning of next?

I was just wondering about this as well.

Also will the stones go up INSIDE the stand or on the wall outside?

soda70
08-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I was just wondering about this as well.

Also will the stones go up INSIDE the stand or on the wall outside?

my understanding was outside

eastterrace
08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
got a reply to my email, they have no plans at the moment to put the stones up,but will let me know when its been decided. think its because the semi final and all our games keep getting moved from a sat 3 pm kick off that the dates not been fixed. hibs should make a anouncement as we paid or dough and the silence is deffening:confused:

Cabbage East
08-02-2013, 09:56 PM
This is what pisses me off. No communication. We've put a fair wad of cash for this and were initially told Jan or Feb, now there's been no chat whatsoever since November for me.

edinburghhibee
09-02-2013, 02:41 AM
I'm sure I seen a board on the outside of the east giving info on this. I was late getting out BTG at the time so run past it but will have a wee look on Monday.

lucky
09-02-2013, 08:28 AM
When selling the stones they said it would put up in January and then it was changed to February. But it can't be that hard to put something on the website telling everyone what's happening.

ano hibby
09-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Anyone order a replica stone for home received anything?

Bleeds green
09-02-2013, 09:18 AM
After 3 unreplied emails an 2 unreturned phonecalls I finally spoke to someone yesterday and was told 'there was no immediate plans for stones to go up' info will however be shared soon! WTF December I parted with my money for this

Saorsa
09-02-2013, 12:50 PM
When selling the stones they said it would put up in January and then it was changed to February. But it can't be that hard to put something on the website telling everyone what's happening.Actually it orginally said and this was copied directly from the site.

When are they being laid?
We are planning to install the first phase of The East Terrace in January/February 2013 (subject to weather and the level of stones purchased at this time). Thereafter, future phases will be announced on the website.

The covering letter I received said early 2013.

This is still February, this is still early 2013, I dinnae see what folk are getting all excited about TBH.

lyonhibs
09-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Actually it orginally said and this was copied directly from the site.

The covering letter I received said early 2013.

This is still February, this is still early 2013, I dinnae see what folk are getting all excited about TBH.

Ideally it would be done yesterday though :greengrin

I - from a wholly selfish POV - would like it to be up by the Derby in March as that is when I'll next be home.

Saorsa
09-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Ideally it would be done yesterday though :greengrin

I - from a wholly selfish POV - would like it to be up by the Derby in March as that is when I'll next be home.I'd like tae see them up too :greengrin I bought mine on and have been waiting since the day they were announced but they're still within the timescale that was originally put out.

soda70
09-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd like tae see them up too :greengrin I bought mine on and have been waiting since the day they were announced but they're still within the timescale that was originally put out.

its the lack of communication that bothers me. like other posters to this thread i have emailed club and received no reply and there are no updates on officia website to keep dans informed on any developments!

Saorsa
09-02-2013, 01:41 PM
its the lack of communication that bothers me. like other posters to this thread i have emailed club and received no reply and there are no updates on officia website to keep dans informed on any developments!What's tae communicate if they're no ready? They said nearer the time when they are ready tae go they would send a unique reference and a link tae the East Terrace website so you can see where your stone will be located. If they're no ready tae go up what else would you like them tae send you? An e-mail telling you they're no ready? Dinnae see the point of that myself. The only other thing I'd expect them tae send is an e-mail if they were going tae be late going up (which they're not yet).

soda70
09-02-2013, 03:23 PM
What's tae communicate if they're no ready? They said nearer the time when they are ready tae go they would send a unique reference and a link tae the East Terrace website so you can see where your stone will be located. If they're no ready tae go up what else would you like them tae send you? An e-mail telling you they're no ready? Dinnae see the point of that myself. The only other thing I'd expect them tae send is an e-mail if they were going tae be late going up (which they're not yet).
Any project i have ever been involved has a plan, objectives, timescales, if there is s delay? why? my understanding was January, as per the east terrace page which was last updated on 18 Oct. no courteosy emsil reply. maybe your a wee bit more patient than me! :) i do not think that im being at all unreasonable here in querying what is happening with this project?

Saorsa
09-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Any project i have ever been involved has a plan, objectives, timescales, if there is s delay? why? my understanding was January, as per the east terrace page which was last updated on 18 Oct. no courteosy emsil reply. maybe your a wee bit more patient than me! :) i do not think that im being at all unreasonable here in querying what is happening with this project?The quote above I posted a few above came from the site as on 21-11-2012, it said Jan/Feb 2013 dependent on the weather so it's not late as far as I'm concerned. As I say until they are going up or unless it is going tae be late I dinnae ken what else you expect them tae tell you? Like you say maybe I'm a bit mair patient, I dinnae expect tae hear other than for the two reasons I mentioned above. If things have not moved on by the end of this month and I have heard nothing then I may share your concern but for me at this time it is unnecessary.

sahib
09-02-2013, 03:50 PM
What are these stones?:confused:

Saorsa
09-02-2013, 03:52 PM
What are these stones?:confused:You really havnae heard about these?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2911905,00.html

PatHead
09-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll ask Russell and/or Bruce on Wednesday at LWT and let you know. The stones were put back as they didn't want to run the risk of them getting damaged at the semi. Surely that makes sense and all hell would have broken loose if they had been put up then damaged. At this time there is no plan to extend the stones to other stands as they wouldn't be safe from vandalism. There is the opportunity to purchase them for other areas of the East stand though. I understand these are going well.

As an aside I agree with Desperate and really don't know what you are getting your knickers in a twist about. Hibs just can't seem to please people and I am glad that is all you can find to moan about.

sahib
09-02-2013, 04:07 PM
You really havnae heard about these?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2911905,00.html

Better to use them to tile the floor, of that rather gloomy concourse, within the stand.

tamig
09-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Does it not all have the reek of a Hertz share scheme? Did these souls ever get their certificates yet?

PatHead
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Absolutely not. Hope you have "the stones" to apologise when they are laid. The build is still within the timescale set out of January/February.

oregonhibby
11-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Good to get an update though! Nothing controversial, just an update.

Nelly070
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Just had a nice phone call from Sue Dakin, in response to an email I sent regarding the tiles, in summary;
- They were overwhelmed with the response and demand for the tiles
- They are now finalising the plans for how the tiles will be displayed
- The display will incorporate all the tiles that have been purchased, not just an initial section
- If everything goes to plan they will be up in March
- The display will be on the outside of the stadium wall ie will be open to the 'elements'
- There will be a maintenance program in place to ensure that all the tiles remain in good condition

Hope this answers many of the questions we all had regarding the tiles

PatHead
13-02-2013, 10:21 PM
its the lack of communication that bothers me. like other posters to this thread i have emailed club and received no reply and there are no updates on officia website to keep dans informed on any developments!

There is an update on the site as of yesterday.

As of today's LWT the first few stones have been made and seemingly look great. Over 1000 have been sold with less than 300 remaining so if anyone wants one they better get moving! The club expect many others to be sold once the first phase are in place when people see how good they look. As mentioned on the site they will be in place for end of March.

FranckSuzy
14-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Update here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130213/east-terrace-update_2262950_3075108)

Saorsa
19-03-2013, 02:36 PM
A further update for those in a panic :greengrin about the stones no being up yet.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130319/east-terrace-update_2262950_3114810

Another delay, Petrie :grr:

GreenCastle
19-03-2013, 03:09 PM
A further update for those in a panic :greengrin about the stones no being up yet.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130319/east-terrace-update_2262950_3114810

Another delay, Petrie :grr:

Looking forward to seeing how this looks :agree:

Would rather they waited and put them up properly than a rushed job in poor weather.

70 stones left for those who didn't get one before :aok:

Judas Iscariot
19-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Bit shabby considering this was to be dealt with in January

Saorsa
19-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Bit shabby considering this was to be dealt with in JanuaryWould you rather they had been put up before that semi final and vandalised by the ****s? No even Petrie can be held responsible for the weather....

.....or can he? Petrie :grr:

Maroonsaballoon
19-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Now 69 tiles available . . .

eastterrace
19-03-2013, 07:59 PM
yes bought mine last november , still rather it was done correctly than just rushed up.:flag:

soda70
20-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Its good to see the club are now keeping us updated with what was going on in this project:)
Brilliant effort with over 1000 stones purchased :thumbsup:

soda70
20-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Its good to see the club are now keeping us updated with what was going on in this project:)
Brilliant effort with over 1000 stones purchased :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Would you rather they had been put up before that semi final and vandalised by the ****s? No even Petrie can be held responsible for the weather....

.....or can he? Petrie :grr:

Over 2 months since the semi though...

Saorsa
20-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Over 2 months since the semi though...the weather? We've still had that for the last two months :wink:

18/03/07
05-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Easter has now passed,anybody heard when these tiles are now going to be put up,was meant to be a christmas present lol,maybe in time for christmas 2013

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Easter has now passed,anybody heard when these tiles are now going to be put up,was meant to be a christmas present lol,maybe in time for christmas 2013

Well you could always get something stone related from the yams - hand over yer money and get a kick in the stones... :)

18/03/07
05-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Well you could always get something stone related from the yams - hand over yer money and get a kick in the stones... :)

Nah its all right mate,i donated 0.7p through the letterbox in Gorgie Road (medals Mackay's shop"save our hearts") a few years back,that was more than enough

GreenCastle
05-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Can we have a competition for guessing the date the stones will be put up...Day / Month / Year

We can also have one for when the yams get their new stand / shares / publish their accounts / go bust etc etc

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2013, 09:46 PM
07/07/13