PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - Hutchison Trophy 1925

Conrad Gray
07-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi there, I am doing a bit of research on Hibs medals and have come across one engraved 'Hutchison Trophy 1925'.

I am struggling to find a reference to this trophy or a Hibs link to it. Can any of our .net historians shed any light on it?

Regards

RU

hibbybrian
07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi there, I am doing a bit of research on Hibs medals and have come across one engraved 'Hutchison Trophy 1925'.

I am struggling to find a reference to this trophy or a Hibs link to it. Can any of our .net historians shed any light on it?

Regards

RU

Hi W.

I've been checking on this since you mentioned it and whilst Hibs played in several competitions, friendlies and benefit matches in 1925 there's no trace of any Hutchison Trophy.

The only suggestion I have is that it was a medal for a Dundee Schoolboys football competition.

Mr Hutchison who was a Director with Dundee United presented the trophy to the winners of the competition held in 1925.

Jim_in_Canada
07-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I don't know if this is it but it might be :

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2009/06/12/family-want-to-find-lost-hutchison-trophy

Jim

PatHead
07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
If you come across a D2 League winners medal from the 1930s engraved J Martin, Director in the course of the research could you let me know? It was stolen from my late father's house and I have always craved it to get it back.

Conrad Gray
07-02-2013, 02:52 PM
If you come across a D2 League winners medal from the 1930s engraved J Martin, Director in the course of the research could you let me know? It was stolen from my late father's house and I have always craved it to get it back.

I will do. I know its engraved, but could you describe it?

Conrad Gray
07-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. The medal belonged to a Hibs player/official from the late 1800's/early 1900's. I have been able to verify the other medals but this one has me stumped........

PatHead
08-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I will do. I know its engraved, but could you describe it?

Thanks. Would mean everything to me to get it. If memory serves me it was Gold, round, about the size of a 50p and the same thickness. There was a ribbon attached. It was in a very battered blue case which had the name of the manufacturer on the inside. The engraving said something about being Scottish 2nd division champions as well as the name.

lord bunberry
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Sorry to be a bit off topic but I was cleaning out my attic and I came across some old pictures one of which was a history of easter road. On it it said that during the early 20s hibs ground shared with hearts at tynecastle while easter road was being refurbished. I wasn't aware that this had happened. Does anyone know if its true or if it has ever happened in reverse

Purple & Green
08-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Sorry to be a bit off topic but I was cleaning out my attic and I came across some old pictures one of which was a history of easter road. On it it said that during the early 20s hibs ground shared with hearts at tynecastle while easter road was being refurbished. I wasn't aware that this had happened. Does anyone know if its true or if it has ever happened in reverse

We played a couple of Friday night games at the start of 1924/25 at tynecastle while ER was developed.

lord bunberry
08-02-2013, 09:13 PM
We played a couple of Friday night games at the start of 1924/25 at tynecastle while ER was developed.

Cheers mate. That would be unthinkable these days

hibbybrian
08-02-2013, 09:16 PM

The main stand was constructed during the summer of 1924 and was due for completion before the start of the 1924-25 season, however, there was a National Builders' strike during that summer and the new stand was not officially opened until 13 September, for a game against Queen's Park, so Hibs played their first two "home"games against Partick Thistle and Motherwell at Tynecastle. :wink: