PDA

View Full Version : McGregor hasn't changed

Mac
06-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Should have been sent off, dreadful challenge and clearly then stands on the boy walking back, slowed replay and pretty poor!!

SkintHibby
06-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Not seen it but are you saying McGregor is a player who delibarately goes out to maim opposition players?

Mac
06-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Not seen it but are you saying McGregor is a player who delibarately goes out to maim opposition players?

Maim? Don't think he shot his knee caps or end the boys career? Is that what your interpretation of McGregor is?

SouthamptonHibs
06-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Thought McGegor was solid tonight. Nothing wrong with his challenge imo. It's great to have a keeper with a presence on the box strikers no they`'ll get a sore one if they challenge him

R'Albin
07-02-2013, 01:05 AM
I'll never praise him for a Scotland performance, he shouldn't have been recalled in the first place. Arse of the highest order.

Boyle89
07-02-2013, 01:14 AM
No doubting he is a quality keeper, however he is a dirty player that will deliberately try to hurt other players or try to get them sent off. Remember this farce...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTxZAAnIk

Biggie
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Thought McGegor was solid tonight. Nothing wrong with his challenge imo. It's great to have a keeper with a presence on the box strikers no they`'ll get a sore one if they challenge him

This...good to see a keeper not afraid to challenge when in danger of losing a goal...if the opposition strikers are worried if they'll get clattered, they might well take their eye off the ball, and miss.
Well done mcgregor, he's a decent keeper.

kaimendhibs
07-02-2013, 07:30 AM
I'll never praise him for a Scotland performance, he shouldn't have been recalled in the first place. Arse of the highest order.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott7_0(Prague)
07-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Agenda!!!!

Mac
07-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Agenda!!!!

Football forum used for debate, I saw what I perceived to be a wreck less challenge with a follow up, wondered other views?

Why the **** would there be an agenda?

If he does similar in game that mattered with a different ref he could well have been sent off, in turn affecting the team.

Golden Bear
07-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I can't think of any other incident than the "one on one" in the first half following the great wee lob pass into space. If that's what you're referring to then it was nothing more than a coming together of the attacker and the 'keeper.

I'm not a fan of Mcgregor as a person but he did absolutely nothing wrong on this occasion.

Mac
07-02-2013, 09:40 AM
I can't think of any other incident than the "one on one" in the first half following the great wee lob pass into space. If that's what you're referring to then it was nothing more than a coming together of the attacker and the 'keeper.

I'm not a fan of Mcgregor as a person but he did absolutely nothing wrong on this occasion.

If that's the case and majority view then I'm open to others opinion and certainly no agenda however, slowing it down and watching a few times I do feel it was wreckless, afterwards he clearly looks back, changes his step and stands on his ankle!!

cocopops1875
07-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Have to say I have not seen this one, but I'm pretty sure he did this in a recent match (scotland) and actually came off worse, he has form for this from his time at the Hun and in some ways he is a very clever guy remember the foul outside the box on Deano in the cup he got sent off but earned them a replay which they won.

Golden Bear
07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Have to say I have not seen this one, but I'm pretty sure he did this in a recent match (scotland) and actually came off worse, he has form for this from his time at the Hun and in some ways he is a very clever guy remember the foul outside the box on Deano in the cup he got sent off but earned them a replay which they won.

:agree:

He has history, without a doubt, and my opinion was based on the incident as it happened. I've not studied any slow motion replays.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Football forum used for debate, I saw what I perceived to be a wreck less challenge with a follow up, wondered other views?

If he does similar in game that mattered with a different ref he could well have been sent off, in turn affecting the team.

Opinions eh!! :rolleyes:

theonlywayisup
07-02-2013, 11:01 AM

Opinions! I think you are talking rubbish. Nothing wrong with the challenge at all. He was looking back to see where the goal was not to see where the player was and accidentally collided with him. IMHO.

The_Sauz
07-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Opinions! I think you are talking rubbish. Nothing wrong with the challenge at all. He was looking back to see where the goal was not to see where the player was and accidentally collided with him. IMHO.
This :agree:

HibbySpurs
07-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Has to be said that if McGregor wasnt an ex Rangers player who's a previous run in with the national side would the OP be making such a big deal about this:confused:.

Honest opinion? Scotland needs all the good players we can get and currently by a country mile (IMO) Allan McGregor is the best goalkeeper we've got and is deserving of the jersey.

Mac
07-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Opinions eh!! :rolleyes:

Thats what I believe they are called, youve certainly had a few over the years, unless you have no opinion on anything and everyone has to accept your point of view?

I saw it the way I did, I will leave you to your paranoid opionion there is some agenda to this!!

Mac
07-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Has to be said that if McGregor wasnt an ex Rangers player who's a previous run in with the national side would the OP be making such a big deal about this:confused:.

Honest opinion? Scotland needs all the good players we can get and currently by a country mile (IMO) Allan McGregor is the best goalkeeper we've got and is deserving of the jersey.

I have no hidden agenda and certainly nothing to do with being an ex-rangers player, jeezo paranoia or what!!

Personally think the boy is the best keeper we have at the moment but needs to cut this element out his game, I watched an incident and gave a point of view and fully accept and expect for others to see it differently (thats usually what a forum is for), I am trying to find a clip and I hope reviewing it again I have a diiferent opionion.

That is all.

stoneyburn hibs
07-02-2013, 01:21 PM
This...good to see a keeper not afraid to challenge when in danger of losing a goal...if the opposition strikers are worried if they'll get clattered, they might well take their eye off the ball, and miss.
Well done mcgregor, he's a decent keeper.

Yep decent keeper and our best keeper right now. He apologised for the two fingered salute and has done a solid job since coming back into the squad , obviously thats not enough for some people , get a grip.

HibbySpurs
07-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I have no hidden agenda and certainly nothing to do with being an ex-rangers player, jeezo paranoia or what!!

Personally think the boy is the best keeper we have at the moment but needs to cut this element out his game, I watched an incident and gave a point of view and fully accept and expect for others to see it differently (thats usually what a forum is for), I am trying to find a clip and I hope reviewing it again I have a diiferent opionion.

That is all.

No problem at all with how you viewed the incident in question but I think the wee bit of grief you've recieved has more to do with the title "McGregor Hasn't Changed":confused::confused:

Debate is good however:wink:

silverhibee
07-02-2013, 01:27 PM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/10/article-0-04399727000005DC-742_468x309.jpg

stokesmessiah
07-02-2013, 01:34 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/10/article-0-04399727000005DC-742_468x309.jpg

P***K

silverhibee
07-02-2013, 01:39 PM
No doubting he is a quality keeper, however he is a dirty player that will deliberately try to hurt other players or try to get them sent off. Remember this farce...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQTxZAAnIk

Cheat, simple as that.

And another side of his game too is he is a bit of a thug on the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lVpJOtfX0jA

Steve20
07-02-2013, 01:52 PM
It's clearly because he's an ex Rangers player that this has even been brought up.

EdinMike
07-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I think we have to admit that our best keeper in this nation is an eejit and a fanny.

Where's Craig Gordon these days ?!

07-02-2013, 02:49 PM

Agreed. Arrogant idiot, dislike him with a passion!

stokesmessiah
07-02-2013, 02:55 PM
It's clearly because he's an ex Rangers player that this has even been brought up.

Clearly your not reading what people are saying. Its the behaviour of that idiot that annoys people not the fact that he used to play for a team called Rangers.

Mac
07-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Clearly your not reading what people are saying. Its the behaviour of that idiot that annoys people not the fact that he used to play for a team called Rangers.

Glad someone can read and understand!!

Absolutely nowt to do with him playing for a team that doesn't even exist anymore!!

Boyle89
07-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Cheat, simple as that.

And another side of his game too is he is a bit of a thug on the pitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lVpJOtfX0jA

I couldn't remember if that was against hearts or dundee utd. Anyway clearly he has, lets say, an edge to his game that isnt the nicest or the fairest.

Jonnyboy
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Aw this talk o' agenda's etc is pish. Fact is thje guy nailed the Estonian striker, feet high and deliberately trying to hurt him.

erin go bragh
07-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Aw this talk o' agenda's etc is pish. Fact is thje guy nailed the Estonian striker, feet high and deliberately trying to hurt him.
:agree: This ,horrible challenge ,could/should have got a straight red [Ben Williams no got a Scottish link :greengrin]

ggtth

Mac
08-02-2013, 01:03 PM

Ah JC, thought I was starting to imagine things or my eyes were deceiving me!!!