PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland v Estonia A new beginning

H18sry
06-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Well tonight see's a new beginning for our national team, I would like to wish 2 Hibbies the gaffer Gordon Strachan and team captain for the night Scott Brown all the best, they have one hellava job on there hands turning round the mess that the yam fud Levein has left us in.

SO GOOD LUCK SCOTLAND

WE'LL BE COMING

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

stoneyburn hibs
06-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Well tonight see's a new beginning for our national team, I would like to wish 2 Hibbies the gaffer Gordon Strachan and team captain for the night Scott Brown all the best, they have one hellava job on there hands turning round the mess that the yam fud Levein has left us in.

SO GOOD LUCK SCOTLAND

WE'LL BE COMING

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

Aye good luck Scotland , hopefully a better showing under Strachan

HibernianJK
06-02-2013, 03:44 PM
first time in a while I've looked forward to an international match. excited to see how strachan sets up the team and how they play

Billy Whizz
06-02-2013, 03:48 PM
first time in a while I've looked forward to an international match. excited to see how strachan sets up the team and how they play

He might play with a striker if we're lucky!

SteveHFC
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Apparently this is the team:

McGregor

Hutton
Webster
Berra
Mulgrew

Burke
Brown
Morrison
Maloney

Fletcher
Rhodes

HibernianJK
06-02-2013, 03:53 PM
He might play with a striker if we're lucky!

now your pushing it!

Billy Whizz
06-02-2013, 03:58 PM

McGregor

Hutton
Webster
Berra
Mulgrew

Burke
Brown
Morrison
Maloney

Fletcher
Rhodes

2 strikers?
Think we're really weak at the back. Hutton and Berra not international standard in my opinion. We really need to unearth some defensive gems

Iceman1875
06-02-2013, 04:00 PM
As attacking as it can be! C'mon Scotland!

pontius pilate
06-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Looking forward to the game tonight it's certainly attack minded. I'd rather have fox in the team tho

AlbertK86
06-02-2013, 04:02 PM

McGregor

Hutton
Webster
Berra
Mulgrew

Burke
Brown
Morrison
Maloney

Fletcher
Rhodes

No a bad team... Might have tried Mulgrew instead of Berra and put Wallace at LB

2-1 Scotland

Hopefully Dletcher and Rhodes to show Levein what an erse he was for not picking Fletch and saying Rhodes wisnae ready !

jacomo
06-02-2013, 04:04 PM

McGregor

Hutton
Webster
Berra
Mulgrew

Burke
Brown
Morrison
Maloney

Fletcher
Rhodes

Hmm... he's not managed to expunge all the Huns (zombie or diet) yet, but give him time I suppose.

:duck:

:wink:

silverhibee
06-02-2013, 04:09 PM

4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 will be my guess.

silverhibee
06-02-2013, 04:15 PM

McGregor

Hutton
Webster
Berra
Mulgrew

Burke
Brown
Morrison
Maloney

Fletcher
Rhodes

:aok:

I might cancel washing my hair tonight if that is the team. :greengrin

Is it being shown live. BBC SS 1-2-3-4 or pishy ESPN

SteveHFC
06-02-2013, 04:17 PM

Sky Sports 1 at 7.30PM

sambajustice
06-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Who are first teamers missing from that team?? For some reason it just seems really weak!

Caldwell
Fletcher
Mackie??
Bardsley

Defence looks pish and midfield a bit ropey!

stoneyburn hibs
06-02-2013, 04:25 PM
A Fletcher and Rhodes striking partnership could be exciting.

HH81
06-02-2013, 04:31 PM

ESPN is less pishy than the BBC.

Hainan Hibs
06-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Defense is weak but I can't expect much better. Can't complain about the front two!

Midfield though....****ING MORRISON?!?!?! I HATE THAT ****! I don't know what's worse, his utterly rubbish performances in the dark blue or the way it looks like someone is stabbing him when he stands for O'Flower of Scotland. Total trumpet who chose Scotland because he didn't get picked for England's Under 21's and went in a huff.

Now I've let that out of my system, GAUN SCOTLAND!!!!!!

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

Stenny
A Fletcher and Rhodes striking partnership could be exciting.

SSN shows:

McGregor
Hutton
Webster
Berra
Mulgrew
Burke
Brown
Adam
Maloney
Fletcher
Naismith

SteveHFC
I would like to say sorry for my previous post :greengrin

Luke Shanley ‏@LukeShanley (https://twitter.com/LukeShanley) Scotland team to play Estonia; McGregor, Hutton, Mulgrew, Berra, Webster, Adam, Maloney, Brown (capt), Fletcher, Burke, Naismith

Sir David Gray
06-02-2013, 04:33 PM
I was quite looking forward to seeing what Strachan could do as manager and was quite positive about his appointment.

Then he picked Lee Wallace, a 3rd division player, in his first ever squad.

Ridiculous and it's no better than Levein picking Black a few months ago as far as I'm concerned.

Hainan Hibs
06-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I would like to say sorry for my previous post :greengrin

Luke Shanley ‏@LukeShanley (https://twitter.com/LukeShanley) Scotland team to play Estonia; McGregor, Hutton, Mulgrew, Berra, Webster, Adam, Maloney, Brown (capt), Fletcher, Burke, Naismith

Cheers for letting me get all wound up over Morrison for nothing:greengrin

hfc rd
06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Where is Paul Dixon? I remember him playing really well in his first and only two full international appearances. Better than that 3rd division hun Lee Wallace.

green glory
06-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Sky Sports 1 at 7.30PM

****ing Sky.

hibsbollah
06-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Lets hope he does better than his managerial debut for Celtic. Celtic 0 Artmedia Bratislava 5 :greengrin

Hiber-nation
06-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Where is Paul Dixon? I remember him playing really well in his first and only two full international appearances. Better than that 3rd division hun Lee Wallace.

Not getting a game for Huddersfield who are toiling. Still a better option than Wallace though. We have a real shortage of decent defenders.

cabbageandribs1875
06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
mon sconnie botland :saltireflag

Sergey
06-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Do we have a guarantee that Estonia will turn up for this tie?

GoldenEagle
06-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Berra and Webster centre half pairing, in those first three words it sums up why we're 69th in rankings

SteveHFC
06-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Was that Gordon Strachan holding hands with one of the players there?

HibeeN
06-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Burke looking lively.

easty
06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
What a boring game.

Hermit Crab
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
This game is utter pish. Estonia should be winning!!

SteveHFC
06-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Thank ****

easty
06-02-2013, 07:25 PM
What does Naismith bring to the team? He floats about like a turd that won't flush away, contributes **** all.

None of them have impressed, but for the rest of them I can at least see what they're meant to be doing.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure how long this game has been scheduled, but that pitch is awful and does not deserve an international fixture, saying that neither does that ground?

Craig_in_Prague
06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
someone gonna pick up the tatties at HT?

McD
06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Burke looking lively.

I thought that, pretty crappy pitch but he's had the full back struggling on several occasions.

Looks like going to England has improved him, looks calm and composed on the ball, similar to the way Steven fletcher has raised the bar for himself going down there. (Yes I know it's only Estonia)

Golden Bear
06-02-2013, 07:44 PM
A big improvement on anything that we produced under Potter that's for sure. It was a goal made on the traing ground and I agree with the studio pundits that it's a case of so far so good.

SteveHFC
06-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Rhodes and Snodgrass on

DarrenSQH
06-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Penalties on Eurosport just about to start in the semi.

SteveHFC
06-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Miller coming on

Golden Bear
06-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Penalties on Eurosport just about to start in the semi.

Wow.

DarrenSQH
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Wow.

Can't beat a bit of penalties. Just in case anyone wanted to catch them.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 08:20 PM
The games been pish, but that pitch is a big leveler. The atmosphere is very poor too, personally i think friendlies while obviously needed, should be against decent opposition, teams the fans want to see.

NYHibby
06-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Looks like we have lucked out. Claros did not start against the US.

HibeeSince85
06-02-2013, 08:26 PM
The games been pish, but that pitch is a big leveler. The atmosphere is very poor too, personally i think friendlies while obviously needed, should be against decent opposition, teams the fans want to see.

Do friendlies not count towards rankings though? In which case we play anyone decent and get beat, we hurt ourselves.

eastterrace
06-02-2013, 08:27 PM
use to go scotland games way back but now its boring and they are pish wouldnae pay money to watch that mince

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 08:32 PM
use to go scotland games way back but now its boring and they are pish wouldnae pay money to watch that mince

Substitute Scotland for Hibs and you've got a quote I've heard many times from alleged Hibees

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Do friendlies not count towards rankings though? In which case we play anyone decent and get beat, we hurt ourselves.

I don't know matey, what i said is probably impossible? I'm not that keen on watching Scotland at pittodrie, but i know the crowds are dwindling for games like this.

Maybe its because i have had the stuffing knocked out of me regarding the national team? :confused:

MoscowHibs
06-02-2013, 08:42 PM
A new beginning aye, but still the same old gash. TBF I don't think that dump was conducive tae gid fitbaw.

Rodsterino
06-02-2013, 08:45 PM
We tried to play the right way, we're just not used to it. Pitch played a huge part.

Golden Bear
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
We tried to play the right way, we're just not used to it. Pitch played a huge part.

I agree. There seemed a reasonable crowd but the atmosphere was absolutely dead.

HibeeSince85
06-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I don't know matey, what i said is probably impossible? I'm not that keen on watching Scotland at pittodrie, but i know the crowds are dwindling for games like this.

Maybe its because i have had the stuffing knocked out of me regarding the national team? :confused:

Oh I'm with you there, I managed the first 15 minutes of the game tonight and haven't watched a decentnt Scotland game in years probably.

Jim44
06-02-2013, 08:57 PM
By the comments here it seems Scotland were poor. I just saw the last ten minutes and thought they looked quite sharp.

Rodsterino
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM
By the comments here it seems Scotland were poor. I just saw the last ten minutes and thought they looked quite sharp.

I wouldn't say we were poor, given it was his first game in charge on that pitch and against Hackstonia. I thought the team tried to play football unknown to them by previous managers.
I haven't seen us play less hoofball in a long time.

Golden Bear
06-02-2013, 09:13 PM

We've actually got a good squad of players and I'm fairly confident that Strachan will do a good job.

Northernhibee
06-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Just back, would say that Pittodrie is like a library but most modern libraries are getting less stuffy about people making a minimal amount of noise.

That pitch was only fit for hoofball but to our credit we kept the ball on the deck. Created little but on a better pitch think we might have had more luck. Burke was good, Snodgrass made some errors but showed determination and Broony looked a decent captain. Berra and Webster better than usual.

Interested on seeing us on a better pitch but negatives and positives to take away from that.

Billychaotic182
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Just back. Enjoyed the 1st half and the last ten mins of the 2nd. Burke looked good. A real bright spark. Looks like he will offer more that commons. Naismith was poor. Malgrew was a standout for me. Improved so much in two years. I would keep him as our left back from now on

darwenhibby
06-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Just back. Enjoyed the 1st half and the last ten mins of the 2nd. Burke looked good. A real bright spark. Looks like he will offer more that commons. Naismith was poor. Malgrew was a standout for me. Improved so much in two years. I would keep him as our left back from now on

Just concerned about positioning! Which can be worked upon. A better team may have punished us. Could do with finding a really good ch. in fullbacks Whittaker and bardsley to return

monktonharp
07-02-2013, 12:57 AM
I was quite looking forward to seeing what Strachan could do as manager and was quite positive about his appointment.

Ridiculous and it's no better than Levein picking Black a few months ago as far as I'm concerned.:agree:

IWasThere2016
07-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Gary Mackay-Steven shopping with his mum in Asda with his mum whilst Lee Wallace is in the Scotland squad - says it all for me. It'll be an OF/ex-OF lovefest as per.. Dull as!

Golden Bear
07-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Ridiculous and it's no better than Levein picking Black a few months ago as far as I'm concerned.

It's the dawn of a new era and politics had as much to do do with that selection as anything else.

Strachan isn't daft.

JimBHibees
07-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Gary Mackay-Steven shopping with his mum in Asda with his mum whilst Lee Wallace is in the Scotland squad - says it all for me. It'll be an OF/ex-OF lovefest as per.. Dull as!

How many mums has he got? :greengrin

Completely agree he should be in the squad for sure.

jacomo
07-02-2013, 11:24 AM
It's the dawn of a new era and politics had as much to do do with that selection as anything else.

Strachan isn't daft.

:agree:

Leave Wallace out and the knuckle draggers will conspire against WGS from the outset. Put him in the team and show the world he's not good enough or fit enough? The critics will be silenced.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
:agree:

Leave Wallace out and the knuckle draggers will conspire against WGS from the outset. Put him in the team and show the world he's not good enough or fit enough? The critics will be silenced.

They should be ridiculed anyway for wanting their players picked for the national team, regardless of whether or not it actually happens.

No players who are playing in their country's 4th tier of league football should be considered for international football, it's just complete and utter nonsense.

I'm willing to bet that this doesn't even happen in countries like San Marino or Andorra. It just makes us out to be an even bigger joke than we were already.

HibeeN
07-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Similarly, Shiels was on the bench for Northern Ireland v Malta. Didn't get on, though ICT's Billy Mackay deservedly won his first cap.

PeeJay
07-02-2013, 12:06 PM
No players who are playing in their country's 4th tier of league football should be considered for international football, it's just complete and utter nonsense.

Can't see any serious argument against this. Playing 4th division football hardly has him up to speed with international footballing requirements - IMO in any other country the press/media would be hounding a manager who made such a ridiculous team selection - seems to me any player willingly playing in the 4th division obviously doesn't expect to play international football.

What message does this send out to all the young guys and other players in the higher leagues - that they should aspire to be playing in the 4th division perhaps?

Or could it simply be, it doesn't matter what division a team /player is competing in: it just matters if he is playing for particular Glasgow teams...?

A new beginning - :faf: c'mon!!!!

Golden Bear
07-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Can't see any serious argument against this. Playing 4th division football hardly has him up to speed with international footballing requirements - IMO in any other country the press/media would be hounding a manager who made such a ridiculous team selection - seems to me any player willingly playing in the 4th division obviously doesn't expect to play international football.

What message does this send out to all the young guys and other players in the higher leagues - that they should aspire to be playing in the 4th division perhaps?

Or could it simply be, it doesn't matter what division a team /player is competing in: it just matters if he is playing for particular Glasgow teams...?

A new beginning - :faf: c'mon!!!!

Maybe that's why Gary Hooper/Fraser Foster don't get a chance in the England team.

Foster is good enough and if he'd been playing in the Premiership then he could have been be a regular in their team. The fact that these guys play in the SPL shouldn't prevent them from being considered for selection.

jdships
07-02-2013, 03:42 PM

Add Naismith to that and give you :top marks