PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Together Bill Hendry, Youth Academy Manager Q&A - West Stand, Wednesday 13th February

RIP
06-02-2013, 05:37 AM
All Hibees are cordially invited to the next monthly meeting on Wednesday 13th, 5.45 pm for 6pm

Guest speaker this month is Bill Hendry, Head of the Hibernian Youth Academy. Bill will talk us through the growth of the academy since it's origins in 1998, his recruitment along with John Park from Motherwell FC and the move into the Hibernian Training Centre at East Mains. There will be an opportunity to ask questions about the current set up and the progression of players into the first-team squad.

LWT groups will also provide an update on other initiatives ongoing at our club and rounding off the meeting we will run a short brainstorming session on the topic of bringing more supporters into Easter Road. These regular meetings provide an opportunity for like-minded supporters within the Hibernian Family (Board, management, organisations and individuals) to meet and share ideas for the development of Hibernian Football Club.

Please pm me your name and contact number (for reasons of security & advance notice of attendance) if you fancy coming along next Wednesday.
GGTTH

RIP
06-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Meant to add. Do any Hibs.netters have any questions they want asked about youth development at Hibs. Or anything else about East Mains?

Happy to post up replies

TheFamous1875
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
I want to know how they managed to get Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan and Steven Whittaker all at the same time, and have not managed to produce barely 1 player of that level of potential since that period. Not even one, never mind 5. What is that down to? How did we end up with players of that quality all at the same period? What processes within the youth structure have changed since that time, and why did they.

HibeesLA
07-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Can I attend on Skype from the US? :)

Stoney Hibee
07-02-2013, 05:01 AM
I want to know how they managed to get Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Garry O'Connor, Derek Riordan and Steven Whittaker all at the same time, and have not managed to produce barely 1 player of that level of potential since that period. Not even one, never mind 5. What is that down to? How did we end up with players of that quality all at the same period? What processes within the youth structure have changed since that time, and why did they.

Steven Fletcher??

ChooseLife
07-02-2013, 05:16 AM
What processes within the youth structure have changed since that time, and why did they.

John Park :boo hoo: because Celtc are Celtc.

TheFamous1875
07-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Steven Fletcher??

Knew there was someone missing haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Golden Bear
07-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Is the Club satisfied that the "transition process" between the under age teams and the first team squad is effective and proving its worth?

Why is there an apparent reluctance to give our more talented youngsters a place in the starting line up and then let them prove themselves over a few games? Is is this down to a lack of confidence/ability or otherwise?

The lack of Hibernian players in the national under age teams is a concern. Why should this be the case?

Finbar
07-02-2013, 09:37 AM
The market for the best young players is extremely competitive and from a commercial point of view there's a lot of money to be made from developing and selling on young players.

Potentially a huge source of income for a club the size of Hibs. I'd like to know more about their business strategy and budget.

Mikey
07-02-2013, 09:48 AM
The U13's used to take part in a tournament in Milan but that doesn't seem to happen any more. Is that purely down to finance, and how has the club tried to replace that experience?

Apologies if it is still happening and I haven't been paying attention :greengrin

RIP
07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Some good questions folks - keep 'em coming!

3pm
07-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Gogs, no idea if it's even possible to get an answer.

It's now around 8-9 years since Riordan, O'Connor, Whittaker, Brown and Thomson broke into the team. I'd have thought that at the time it would have been 'easy' to sell Hibs to the best kids aged 10/11 at that time and we'd have seen a better quality of player breaking through at this time, no disrespect to any of the young lads there just now.

There are other factors to take into account of course but I wonder if they could shed any light on the overall prerformance of the academy since thr Riordan's of the world broke through.

gegs70
07-02-2013, 08:49 PM
I was wondering whether the youth players were getting a decent oportunity in the first team, wevalways seem to get under 21 loan deals from other clubs then punt our players on to lower league scottish sides. Should we give youth players more spl game time or try to gain them experience training in other european leagues or even english leagues?

GreenCastle
07-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Do the Academy teams all play the same system and how does that relate to the first team?

What are the key attributes do the coaches look for in a player when identifying talent?

What is been done now with the Academy teams to prepare for the future?

How are coaches recruited for each team ? Is it possible for an outsider to get a job if qualified or is it a who you know business ?

What social media training is given to youth players?

What are the alcohol restrictions on youth players?

We haven't produced a consistent youth team goalkeeper that has played for the 1st team for some time - what is done to address this ?

Are there any plans to build more links with the local community with coaches / clubs - with coach education days / open days ? (to see what these players are being taught.)

Have the club ever considered open tryouts for youths?

How important is winning with the Hibs youth teams? Is development more important ?

gegs70
07-02-2013, 09:41 PM
I like the idea of coaches from hibs visiting youth clubs and schools to help with training in other communities....

bingo70
07-02-2013, 10:04 PM
I'd be interested to know if we look at other clubs in different countries as a model we should work towards.

I know there's different cultures and environments but when you look at the likes of success bilbao have only playing local players or the continued success Ajax have there must be ideas we can take from them to drive youth football to the next level in Scotland.

silverhibee
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM

Donald Park & John Park left Hibs.

Russell The Dug
07-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Donald Park & John Park left Hibs.

Donald should be back at hibs. Don't understand why he's not.

JIm
07-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Donald should be back at hibs. Don't understand why he's not.

Cause he works with the SFA and has no interest of going back in at club level as much as he may miss being on the training park. He's done his time and seems to be making an impact with the Coach Education system going forward.

Russell The Dug
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Cause he works with the SFA and has no interest of going back in at club level as much as he may miss being on the training park. He's done his time and seems to be making an impact with the Coach Education system going forward.

Cheers for the reasoning now. Shame but good luck to him he served us well.

GoldenEagle
08-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Are Hibs concerned that Falkirk can manage 4 players and Queens Park 2 in the most recently announced Scotland u18 squad?
Even going down the age groups we have had only 2 players gain international recognition (Beaton and defender from Leith Acad who's name escapes me) in the last 2-3 years.

RIP
08-02-2013, 04:43 PM
One question I want to ask is location.

I was invited to the opening of East Mains back in December 2007.

It was a memorable day where I blethered to Eddie Turnbull, getting back to health after an operation. I told him he was my dad's favourite player and he kindly asked how faither was keeping. I broke the news that Hughie had died 'young' in 1997. He said "Sorry to hear that son - what age wis he". "Eighty-eight" said I with a twinkle in my eye. Eddie laughed - he was a youthful eighty-four at the time.

I was asking Eddie what he thought about the training centre and he cracked on about what it was like in his day. The only resevation he had was location. As most of you know Eddie was from Falkirk and travelled in to train with Hibs. He couldn't help but wonder how difficult that would be if the training was in East Lothian. Nae cars in them days of course.

So how do youngsters get to East Mains? I suspect there's transport from Easter Road but I don't know. When my sons Crieff mate left the Hibs U15's this year for France, there was the chance of a trial for my lad who plays same position. Could you imagine the logistics involved in his dad taking him to training and games. Central Scotland location aye, Edinburgh OK - but East Lothian?

Has it been a barrier to recruiting young players?

bingo70
08-02-2013, 04:56 PM

It was a memorable day where I blethered to Eddie Turnbull, getting back to health after an operation. I told him he was my dad's favourite player and he kindly asked how faither was keeping. I broke the news that Hughie had died 'young' in 1997. He said "Sorry to hear that son - what age wis he". "Eighty-eight" said I with a twinkle in my eye. Eddie laughed - he was a youthful eighty-four at the time.

I was asking Eddie what he thought about the training centre and he cracked on about what it was like in his day. The only resevation he had was location. As most of you know Eddie was from Falkirk and travelled in to train with Hibs. He couldn't help but wonder how difficult that would be if the training was in East Lothian. Nae cars in them days of course.

So how do youngsters get to East Mains? I suspect there's transport from Easter Road but I don't know. When my sons Crieff mate left the Hibs U15's this year for France, there was the chance of a trial for my lad who plays same position. Could you imagine the logistics involved in his dad taking him to training and games. Central Scotland location aye, Edinburgh OK - but East Lothian?

It has, it's something that effected my mates sons decision.

He's only young so not sure how much interest there was in him but there were a few top clubs after him and tried to sign him, Hibs wanted him down at East mains but he was going to have to make his own way there, my mate doesn't drive so although he could have got a lift down the first time it was a factor when considering he'd have to get himself down there two or three times a week. Hearts on the other hand bent over backwards to make sure he got a lift to their training and back, sounds like he's doing really well for the young time but time will tell if it's a factor that might come back to haunt Hibs or not.

Golden Bear
08-02-2013, 05:06 PM

He's only young so not sure how much interest there was in him but there were a few top clubs after him and tried to sign him, Hibs wanted him down at East mains but he was going to have to make his own way there, my mate doesn't drive so although he could have got a lift down the first time it was a factor when considering he'd have to get himself down there two or three times a week. Hearts on the other hand bent over backwards to make sure he got a lift to their training and back, sounds like he's doing really well for the young time but time will tell if it's a factor that might come back to haunt Hibs or not.

You would think that the Club would own a minibus and the arrangement would be for the players to first of all meet up at ER and then transported to East Mains?

bingo70
08-02-2013, 05:17 PM
You would think that the Club would own a minibus and the arrangement would be for the players to first of all meet up at ER and then transported to East Mains?

maybe they do for the older age groups but he's probably about 12 or 13 now and this was a couple of years ago so might have just been the case that for the young teams they probably hoover up so much talent it wasn't feasible to put on transport for so many :dunno:

Don't mean to paint the club in too bad a light on this one as i obviously don't know the full circumstances and maybe they do put on some transport now but i think it's definately a good question Gogs has put forward.

I hope we didn't bring through that good batch of young players, think that all the best young players would want to join us because of this and the facilities and got complacent.

reversep
08-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Could you ask what football qualifications Bill Hendry has to allow him to carry out his role as Youth Academy Manager.

oconnors_strip
08-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Hibs have a minibus that picks the young full time players who don't drive and who don't arrange a lift in with a team mate. Yes the location of east mains ain't the best for players AND fans but that's not preventing the progress of youth players.

down-the-slope
08-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Its been a positive benefit with all the players from NE England that we have had over past few years. It takes less time to EM from city bypass / A1 junction than it does to goto ER (as I live just past EM)

gegs70
08-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Out of interest does the quality if player that hibs bring in help ie patelainen, sauzie etc help mentor young players as in the past few years we really havent brought in that type of player I was just interested if that benefits a young player??

gegs70
08-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Out of interest does the quality if player that hibs bring in help ie patelainen, sauzie etc help mentor young players as in the past few years we really havent brought in that type of player I was just interested if that benefits a young player??

stevie-bee
08-02-2013, 07:56 PM

I am sure when Brown, Riordan Whittaker ETC came through the youths with hibs there training centre was is Motherwell 99% sure on this

silverhibee
09-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I am sure when Brown, Riordan Whittaker ETC came through the youths with hibs there training centre was is Motherwell 99% sure on this

It was just past Shotts at a High School through that way.

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-02-2013, 08:05 PM
What would be the aspirations of the Academy?

Could accommodation and education be added to the site?

Are we currently looking at social skills? I.E social media etc as part of their development?

gegs70
10-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Are there any current players who could make a huge impact in the team if allowed 1st team experience now, could become better in 2-3 years?

What is needed to give our youngsters better experience to make them better players is it better players: to learn from, better teams to play against or better loan deals?

gegs70
10-02-2013, 08:55 PM
If 30 yrs ago we were able to bring through a number of Scottish players Eddie May, Mickey Weir, Collins, Kane, Rae etc to name a few what has changed in training or personel? Is it the liss of the reserve league that means young players rarely make it pat 19-20 years of age?

RIP
12-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I've printed off your questions but would still prefer if a few more new faces show up Wed 5.45 to ask where youth development is going?

There's usually 20 to 30 hardcore Hibbies (different faces each time) turn up to ask management and board members the questions many of us want answers to.

Maybe after the past few months, the burning question could be "Why send your youngster to the Hibs Academy if all they are going to learn is.............?

"Sideways..........Sideways...........Hoof

and

Jockey..........Back off..........Jockey

gegs70
12-02-2013, 10:34 PM
I would love to go but unfortunately I work in the evening 5-11.30pm. Let me know what happens....

TheFamous1875
12-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I would like to know how high a priority it is for our young players to have a professional attitude instilled in them from the beginning. To eat right, to keep fit, to have a good attitude outside of football and a positive lifestyle. Who knows, if Riordan and O'Connor had these qualities from youth, they could've been in the peak of their careers in the premiership. And also to have a good attitude on the field - not get pointless bookings, always get in your opponents faces, always work hard on the pitch, never give up, etc. The basics passing, moving and shooting skills. Our young lads should have all these qualities by the time they're ready to start in the first team. I think these basics are imperative to our future as a club. Health. Attitude. Hard work.

matty_f
12-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Maybe a stupid question but i remember reading of old pros that had to sweep the terraces and clean boots etc as part of their apprenticeships - do our youth players have to do that sort of thing?

down-the-slope
13-02-2013, 08:03 AM
I've printed off your questions but would still prefer if a few more new faces show up Wed 5.45 to ask where youth development is going?

There's usually 20 to 30 hardcore Hibbies (different faces each time) turn up to ask management and board members the questions many of us want answers to.

Maybe after the past few months, the burning question could be "Why send your youngster to the Hibs Academy if all they are going to learn is.............?

"Sideways..........Sideways...........Hoof

and

Jockey..........Back off..........Jockey

:tsk tsk: you know thats not true if you have watched youngsters.....its how we cannot translate the flair and skill from youth upwards to 1rst team...

I think the OF killing reserve league has been very poor for player development...but will be good to know what those at the coalface think

H18sry
13-02-2013, 11:28 AM
A question for you if it not too late Scotland have named training squads at u-16,17 and 18 levels and no Hibs players feature in them, is there a reason for this?

Gatecrasher
13-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Do the youth teams play in the same way as the first team or do they have their own tactics and style of play?

Haymaker
13-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Can I have a job please?

Emerald
13-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Any news from this tonight?

hibbysam
13-02-2013, 10:15 PM
It was just past Shotts at a High School through that way.

It was at Dalziel park.. played home games there as well.

jon paul jones
16-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Bump :wink:

Twiglet
16-02-2013, 07:49 AM
How did last night go ?

Not got time to reply just now but i took a few scribbles on Wednesday night. I'll post up some stuff tonight when I'm in.

gegs70
16-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Great, was interested in it all.

GreenCastle
22-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Bump :greengrin

I thought while the youth academy is being talked about it may be interesting to find out more about what actually is happening there:aok:

Golden Bear
22-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Bump :greengrin

I thought while the youth academy is being talked about it may be interesting to find out more about what actually is happening there:aok:

Looks like that there was nothing of interest to report.

:wink:

RIP
22-02-2013, 10:23 PM
John Park was with Alex McLeish at Motherwell and Alex brought John with him when he came to Hibs. They already had some satellite training centres in Lanarkshire and John retained a presence in the Shotts area for Hibs. Bill Hendry was a teacher at a secondary school who did bits of scouting and coaching for John. He was brought into the Shotts operation in April 1998.On his first day, Hibs got beat by Dundee United and got relegated.

John left to go to Celtic before East Mains was built. Nobody asked Bill if Hibs had stayed at Shotts whether John would have been so quick to leave. Was that when Celtic built Lennoxtown? One for the Hibs.Net researchers?? To cut a long story short, Bill was offered the chance to step up. He gave up his assistant head position at the school for a full-time role with Hibs.

RIP
22-02-2013, 10:43 PM
James McDonaugh is Head of Academy coaching for all age groups. David McMillan is Head of Youth Programme. Sean McAuley is Head of Childrens Programme. There's also a Head of Grass Roots whose name I've missed -anyone help. Each team has 2 or 3 coaches. That's a huge army of volunteers and a tiny paid staff.

Back at the start the Academy ran teams at U18, U16 and U14. Now there are squads from U9 to U20. Average size of 11 a side squads is around 16. U13 it's 7 a side. Up to U13 there are two groups - one in Shotts, the other at East Mains. After age 11 all squads train at East Mains.

The players have 3 training sessions per week - Mon, Wed and Friday. Kids from outside Edinburgh it's just the evening sessions but Edinburgh schoolkids 16 and over get a half day every Friday so do a mid afternoon training session. Hibs run a minibus shuttle from/to Easter Road.

RIP
22-02-2013, 11:05 PM
In following UEFA and SPL/SFA guidelines there is (meant to be) no focus on winning. No results or leagues are published - there's a sole focus on player development. All members of the squad have to get game time and there is liberal use of subs.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/YouthInitiative/Terms%20of%20Reference%20200910.pdf

There are two standards of youth programmes. St Johnstone are the lowest rated in the SPL at 'Initiative'. The rest are rated 'Performance'. Hibs and Celtic have a European status of 'Elite'

RIP
22-02-2013, 11:23 PM
The three or four sessions each week last for 2 hours each. At least one session must include sports science education. At older age groups, our youths are enrolled in courses run by Edinburgh college. Most graduate with an HNC in Sports Science, refereeing and coaching qualifications. Learning to referee reputedly helps young players learn on-field discipline.

On the walls of the academy there is a 'hall of fame' with photos of 42 players since 1998 who have made their debuts for the first team. There is also a benchmark level of:-

Gold - played 50 games or more for the senior team
Silver - played for the first team
Bronze - made it to U20 but didn't find a place in first team. Did make it for another senior team though

TheFamous1875
22-02-2013, 11:29 PM
There are two standards of youth programmes. St Johnstone are the lowest rated in the SPL at 'Initiative'. The rest are rated 'Performance'. Hibs and Celtic have a European status of 'Elite'

So with such status, can we be expecting any "golden generation" quality players (surely an even higher quality should be achievable now?) anytime soon? We've not even had one since Fletcher. I'd say Wotherspoon looked like he could've been up there when he first broke through into the team as a right back, but maybe the managerial problems, team etc issues stunted this?

RIP
22-02-2013, 11:53 PM
The Academy coaching philosophy is keeping the ball down, passing, going past players. During the Williamson, Mowbray and Collins eras that fitted with the first team coaching style. Young players were encouraged to express themselves, even at the cost of errors. The coaching aims for consistency at all levels.

At the first 'engagement' forum run in the lead up to the formation of LWT, Scott Lindsay stated a desire to improve the flow of players into the first team squad. In very recent times an academy board has been set up, including Brian Houston, non-exec director who first watched Hibs in the 1950's. Brian and the Academy board have an ambition to transition more players into the first team by seeking to define the style of play we want to aim for at all levels. This philosophy applies to the recruitment of coaches. Beuzy has been an inspiration in this area - his enthusiasm for football played the right way spreads to those he coaches.

Hibs are always on the look out for new recruits who can go past a player. They do take the odd trialist from clubs - Dave McMillan sourced Deeks and Gazza (who was rejected by Salvesen for being too wee) - honest!! :greengrin

Off tae snooze - mair the morn

Golden Bear
23-02-2013, 08:02 AM
The Academy coaching philosophy is keeping the ball down, passing, going past players. During the Williamson, Mowbray and Collins eras that fitted with the first team coaching style. Young players were encouraged to express themselves, even at the cost of errors. The coaching aims for consistency at all levels.

At the first 'engagement' forum run in the lead up to the formation of LWT, Scott Lindsay stated a desire to improve the flow of players into the first team squad. In very recent times an academy board has been set up, including Brian Houston, non-exec director who first watched Hibs in the 1950's. Brian and the Academy board have an ambition to transition more players into the first team by seeking to define the style of play we want to aim for at all levels. This philosophy applies to the recruitment of coaches. Beuzy has been an inspiration in this area - his enthusiasm for football played the right way spreads to those he coaches.

Hibs are always on the look out for new recruits who can go past a player. They do take the odd trialist from clubs - Dave McMillan sourced Deeks and Gazza (who was rejected by Salvesen for being too wee) - honest!! :greengrin

:aok:

Many thanks for the updates.

Hopefully we'll soon see reap the benefits but at present career progression seems to stutter at the transition stage between the senior academy teams and the first team squad.

Golden Bear
23-02-2013, 08:15 AM

This is all very encouraging but as thing stand "it ain't working." Admittedly I've not seen any of the Academy teams play but if the teams are encouraged to play football the correct way then it's little wonder that the promoted players struggle to adapt to the more structured and direct approach which is favoured by Fenlon.

gegs70
23-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Sounds great but we neef to get results of this on the park. Plus pat seems to be comtradicting this by looking at young Irish players .....does tjis mean or youngsters arent quite up to that standard?

Golden Bear
23-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Sounds great but we neef to get results of this on the park. Plus pat seems to be comtradicting this by looking at young Irish players .....does tjis mean or youngsters arent quite up to that standard?

:agree:

Hopefully PF's boss is posing the same question!

RIP
23-02-2013, 10:23 AM
The honourable Mr Foghorn was the first to bring that up. U19 title winning team could have formed the core of a successful first team squad. Bill believes it coincided with instability, regular management changes and a style of play that was at odds with the academy philosophy. He didn't use those words, but that's how I interpreted his response. The Golden Generation got their chance because Hibs were skint and Williamson had no player budget. Not dissimilar to the position Hearts and to a lesser extent Rangers are in at the moment.

Brian talked us through the set up of the academy board and it's long term ambition for youth development. Hibs want to have a consistent approach and style that is not under the influence of the first team coach. Managers are transitory. Hibs are permanent.

It seems to me that it must have been difficult for non-football executives to instruct a manager to take young players or play to a Hibs philosophy, particularly if it had not been defined. Managers, particularly of teams threatened with relegation prefer experienced older pros or their own signings. It came as no surprise to anyone that what Pat wants and what the academy teach are not in sync. Until we build a stronger footballing identity, that dialogue will continue to be a challenging one. But the days of handing over carte blanche to the new incumbent may be numbered, I believe.

Eyrie
23-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Interesting that there is a consistent style of play for the youths with an emphasis on the passing style of play that we would prefer to watch. Did those who attended get any impression that this may lead to the Swansea approach of having a defined Hibs style of play and then consistently selecting managers who will implement that at first team level? It would certainly make for an easier transition for the youths.

An added benefit would be when there is a change of manager as the new man will not be changing styles and therefore needing to overhaul the first team squad.

Golden Bear
23-02-2013, 10:40 AM
The honourable Mr Foghorn was the first to bring that up. U19 title winning team could have formed the core of a successful first team squad. Bill believes it coincided with instability, regular management changes and a style of play that was at odds with the academy philosophy. He didn't use those words, but that's how I interpreted his response. The Golden Generation got their chance because Hibs were skint and Williamson had no player budget. Not dissimilar to the position Hearts and to a lesser extent Rangers are in at the moment.

Brian talked us through the set up of the academy board and it's long term ambition for youth development. Hibs want to have a consistent approach and style that is not under the influence of the first team coach. Managers are transitory. Hibs are permanent.

It seems to me that it must have been difficult for non-football executives to instruct a manager to take young players or play to a Hibs philosophy, particularly if it had not been defined. Managers, particularly of teams threatened with relegation prefer experienced older pros or their own signings. It came as no surprise to anyone that what Pat wants and what the academy teach are not in sync. Until we build a stronger footballing identity, that dialogue will continue to be a challenging one. But the days of handing over carte blanche to the new incumbent may be numbered, I believe.

Again, I'm liking the sound of that.

It's only common sense that the same style of football is taught and encouraged throughout the Club. Hopefully the senior team can adapt to the Academy approach rather than vice versa!

RIP
23-02-2013, 12:59 PM
It's now six months since LWT was launched. It's been like any new venture, building the structure, recruiting people unto roles, forming teams e.g. Big Issues, Vision, Sales & Marketing. Each team brainstormed ideas, then formed the best ones into proposals, presented these back to the groups. If approved, board members and management then investigate and progress.

The other part of the building process has been to bring all corners of the Hibernian Family together and in touch with developments in the Scottish game. Guest slots have been given to Community Foundation, SFA Fans Charter, Historical Trust, Supporters Direct, Youth Academy. The Hibernians, Erin Trust, HSA, Sect43 have all participated. Rod has shared updates in Sevco and TV deal. Pat Fenlon has given 2 talks. Jack made a visit to the Former Players Association and brought back a report with photos.

We have set up a Group on LinkedIn to bring in Hibbies with specific skills who are willing to contribute time and talent for the club we all love. If you would like to come along and contribute, we meet on the second Wednesday of the month in the West Stand at 6pm.

GLORY GLORY