PDA

View Full Version : Broony

ancienthibby
05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
New Scotland captain!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

.Sean.
05-02-2013, 07:24 PM
The love-in some on here have for 'Broony' is pathetic.

CB_NO3
05-02-2013, 07:32 PM
I agree.

Beefster
05-02-2013, 07:32 PM

The Celtic captain becomes Scotland captain and that's cause for celebration on here?

The Harp
05-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Good servant to Hibs while he was here. Can't say I'm bothered either way. All about opinions I guess. Good luck to him.

Billychaotic182
05-02-2013, 07:56 PM
A youngster who made his name at hibs becomes caption of Scotland. That is a good thing. People on here just love a moan!

GlenrothesHibee
05-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Congratulations to Scott.

silverhibee
05-02-2013, 08:06 PM

Only for the Estonia match said the wee grey haired man.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2013, 08:07 PM

As is the bitterness towards an ex player who has made good.

blaikie
05-02-2013, 08:08 PM
A youngster who made his name at hibs becomes caption of Scotland. That is a good thing. People on here just love a moan!
Well said!

I like Scott, got his move gave a chuck of the signing on fee to the youth setup and made the club a few quid. I don't dislike him and he deserves all the credit he gets. He didn't do a Murray or a Riordan and left on decent terms after the McKay saga.

Elephant Stone
05-02-2013, 08:08 PM

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_01/ScottBrownPA_468x376.jpg

Isn't it just?

Home grown, League Cup winning, record transfer fee player becomes the captain of Scotland and it's pathetic to praise this?

Away and chuck ***** at the moon.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2013, 08:10 PM

Isn't it just?

Home grown, League Cup winning, record transfer fee player becomes the captain of Scotland and it's pathetic to praise this?

:top marks

IWasThere2016
05-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Good luck to him!

SouthamptonHibs
05-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Good luck to him!

Well done Broony! Hail Hail

Steve20
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Well said!

I like Scott, got his move gave a chuck of the signing on fee to the youth setup and made the club a few quid. I don't dislike him and he deserves all the credit he gets. He didn't do a Murray or a Riordan and left on decent terms after the McKay saga.

No, he just handed in a transfer request in the dressing room after a match.

jabis
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Good servant to Hibs while he was here. Can't say I'm bothered either way. All about opinions I guess. Good luck to him.

Congratulations to Scott.

Well said!

Isn't it just?

Good luck to him!

this.

sanity.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I think a lot of the resentment for Brown, Thomson, and McLeish in an earlier thread, is the fact that they went to Glasgow. Steven Fletcher on the other hand gets little or no abuse, because he went South

Beefster
05-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I think a lot of the resentment for Brown, Thomson, and McLeish in an earlier thread, is the fact that they went to Glasgow. Steven Fletcher on the other hand gets little or no abuse, because he went South

I've no resentment for any of them (beyond any time they come up against Hibs). I just don't pee my pants when Fletcher scores a goal, McLeish gets the sack, Katie snaps a cruciate or Brown does something of note.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2013, 08:54 PM
I've no resentment for any of them (beyond any time they come up against Hibs). I just don't pee my pants when Fletcher scores a goal, McLeish gets the sack, Katie snaps a cruciate or Brown does something of note.

Look I'm with you on this. Just don't like ex players and Managers coming back and showing us no respect
e.g Ian Murray and Mowbray with Celtic on his 1st visit back

cam75
05-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Brown is still seen at Easter road for games,he still holds club highly,you never know maybe he will get 1 -2 seasons at end of his career ?

Jim44
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I couldn't care less about Brown's right or elegibility to get the job as captain but I would question his fitness. His health is dodgy and he's as likely to miss more games than he plays.

California-Hibs
05-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Well done to Scott Brown! As mentioned, he still has alot of respect for Hibs and hold's us in a high regard. One of the 2007 cup winning heros, and also gave us ALOT of great memories while he played for Hibs. Record 4.4 Million transfer fee and gave a big chunk to the Youth Academy. He's one of the good guy's and I'm delighted he's the new Scotland captain. Top player!

jdships
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I agree.

Me likewise also !!
Then we are all entitled to our opinions !!:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Give the laddie a break - he never tries a leg against us out of respect presumably. So credit where credit's due.

hibbysam
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
A few mention his fee, who says he gave money to youth development? Serious question btw as its the first I've heard of it.. CIS cup winner in 07... Well I'm afraid to **** on your parade but he was also one of the main reasons we lost the Scottish cup that year!! Cruising at the semi final stage he led the protests against Collins and handed his transfer request in right before the game at Dunfermline and then buggered off west instead of south! No 10/10 for me.. Do you ever see him showing us respect when he had scored against us? No!

Russell The Dug
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Delighted for him. Hopefully it's not only because Caldwell is out.

LeighLoyal
05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Good choice. :aok:

khib70
05-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Well done Broony! Hail Hail

.......the Celts are here????:rolleyes:

khib70
05-02-2013, 09:57 PM
This:agree:

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM

Although I'm sure you'll accept the fact that some might wish to? :wink:

Steve-O
05-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Ironic he's been made Scotland captain by the very manager that ruined him as a player.

libernian
05-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Well done to Scott Brown! As mentioned, he still has alot of respect for Hibs and hold's us in a high regard. One of the 2007 cup winning heros, and also gave us ALOT of great memories while he played for Hibs. Record 4.4 Million transfer fee and gave a big chunk to the Youth Academy. He's one of the good guy's and I'm delighted he's the new Scotland captain. Top player!

exactly, some great performances and one of the key members of what was a great team at the time. he even scored for hibs against celtic when he'd signed for them. nice one scott.

lapsedhibee
05-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Brown is still seen at Easter road for games,he still holds club highly,you never know maybe he will get 1 -2 seasons at end of his career ?

Seriously think we should stop this policy.

Hank Schrader
05-02-2013, 10:39 PM

Do you enjoy coming across as a helmet Sean?

Russell The Dug
05-02-2013, 10:42 PM
exactly, some great performances and one of the key members of what was a great team at the time. he even scored for hibs against celtic when he'd signed for them. nice one scott.

Aye last game for hibs. Diving header after Riordan scored a peach for Celtic. Ivan won it rounding the keeper with the last kick of the season.

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2013, 10:59 PM

Isn't it just?

:hilarious :top marks this :applause: good luck broonaldo

Hibrandenburg
05-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Wish him all the best. Hope if can inject some of his passion into the Scotland scene. C'mon the Scots.

clerriehibs
05-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Look I'm with you on this. Just don't like ex players and Managers coming back and showing us no respect
e.g Ian Murray and Mowbray with Celtic on his 1st visit back

Murray probably gave more respect than he received.

khib70
05-02-2013, 11:17 PM

Isn't it just?

Chuck it at yourself, why don't you?

He's the captain of Celtc. He's not "one of our own". If he was the captain of any other club you wouldn't give a toss. I'm sick to death of the fellow travellers who crop up on here from time to time.

As a Scotland fan I think he's the right choice and he'll do a great job.

However, the idea that people who leave us for the big money are still "part of the family" as long as they sign for Celtc is boak-inducing hogwash.

Russell The Dug
05-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Murray probably gave more respect than he received.

Was his first game against us not the Ivan match when he gave us the fingers at the end? I can't remember him playing against us at Easter Road tbh but a lot of respect was lost with him doing that gesture.

Worst abuse I remember a returning player getting was randomly Didier Agathe, it genuinely frightened him and he was ***** at every match at ER after.

Russell The Dug
05-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Chuck it at yourself, why don't you?

He's the captain of Celtc. He's not "one of our own". If he was the captain of any other club you wouldn't give a toss. I'm sick to death of the fellow travellers who crop up on here from time to time.

As a Scotland fan I think he's the right choice and he'll do a great job.

However, the idea that people who leave us for the big money are still "part of the family" as long as they sign for Celtc is boak-inducing hogwash.

Steven Whittaker doesn't get any flack and will always be asked back. Many on here wanted us to go after Kenny Miller and he left for Rangers. Thomson is different but that's for other reasons.

Caldwell went to Celtic and got healthy abuse even before he left.

Brown came through as a young laddie at hibs. I remember his first game and he really looked the part (Livi I think) he fought for the side, was amazing in great wins, won a medal and made us £5m too.

A young laddie the club developed and brought trough has just become Scotland captain. There's a lot to be proud of from the youth coaches and the development guys to the managers who helped him. Shrugging it off because he's not at us anymore is not nice. I bet there's a few hibs coaches all the way to under 16 level that are proud as punch with this.

easty
05-02-2013, 11:48 PM

Shower o' *****. Nobody thinks that.

lEXO
05-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Steven Whittaker doesn't get any flack and will always be asked back. Many on here wanted us to go after Kenny Miller and he left for Rangers. Thomson is different but that's for other reasons.

Caldwell went to Celtic and got healthy abuse even before he left.

Brown came through as a young laddie at hibs. I remember his first game and he really looked the part (Livi I think) he fought for the side, was amazing in great wins, won a medal and made us £5m too.

A young laddie the club developed and brought trough has just become Scotland captain. There's a lot to be proud of from the youth coaches and the development guys to the managers who helped him. Shrugging it off because he's not at us anymore is not nice. I bet there's a few hibs coaches all the way to under 16 level that are proud as punch with this.

This :thumbsup:

hibbysam
05-02-2013, 11:58 PM

He could have scored another the very next game against the same opponents had he not destroyed our dressing room and club by handing in a transfer request on the eve of the semi final vs Dunfermline!

Scott brown showed zero respect for the club off the field In his final season at hibs.. Great player no doubt but ****ed our chances of the double straight up in the air!!

silverhibee
06-02-2013, 12:10 AM
When are the National team playing. ?

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2013, 12:11 AM
If he really loved Hibs he would still play for the club IMO. Guys like Gerrard, Totti and Maldini who could have played for any team in the world but stayed with the ones they loved are examples. Fair play, Brown got Hibs a fee and gave some back but if he hadn't have been sold he would have let his contract run down, doesn't scream ''still loves Hibs'' to me.

My_Wife_Camille
06-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Well I'm afraid to **** on your parade but he was also one of the main reasons we lost the Scottish cup that year!! Cruising at the semi final stage he led the protests against Collins and handed his transfer request in right before the game at Dunfermline

Well I'm afraid to **** on your parade but you are wrong

He could have scored another the very next game against the same opponents had he not destroyed our dressing room and club by handing in a transfer request on the eve of the semi final vs Dunfermline!

Wrong again. Scott Brown handed in his transfer request on 2nd December 2006, a full 5 months before the Dunfermline game.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6202630.stm

Not to mention the fact that the BBC described him as "sensational" and "imposing" in that very game against Dunfermline

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/6557687.stm

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 12:19 AM
When are the National team playing. ?

Aberdeen.

NOLA
06-02-2013, 12:47 AM
If he really loved Hibs he would still play for the club IMO. Guys like Gerrard, Totti and Maldini who could have played for any team in the world but stayed with the ones they loved are examples. Fair play, Brown got Hibs a fee and gave some back but if he hadn't have been sold he would have let his contract run down, doesn't scream ''still loves Hibs'' to me.

Gerrard,Totti and maldini were already at massive clubs who could offer any wages to keep the players there so need for them to move on, Brown outgrew hibs as aplayer and had to move on eventually, so he moved to celtic, he wont be the last hibs player to do that.

MWHIBBIES
06-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Gerrard,Totti and maldini were already at massive clubs who could offer any wages to keep the players there so need for them to move on, Brown outgrew hibs as aplayer and had to move on eventually, so he moved to celtic, he wont be the last hibs player to do that.Roma have never been a brilliant side, couldn't offer Totti(and De Rossi) consistent champions league football, rarely come near winning the league expect when Capello was there but neither of them have came near leaving.

I don't dislike Brown for leaving Hibs but I do think if he loved the club THAT much he'd still be here.

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Roma have never been a brilliant side, couldn't offer Totti(and De Rossi) consistent champions league football, rarely come near winning the league expect when Capello was there but neither of them have came near leaving.

I don't dislike Brown for leaving Hibs but I do think if he loved the club THAT much he'd still be here.

Perhaps his personal football ambition to win trophies play in the champions league plus getting paid ten times more making him made for life over came that love. It's easy enough saying on here we wouldn't move etc but unless that life changing offer came our way it's impossible to say. There's also the fact the club would have made him go by now to cash in on him.

I've no doubt Scott Brown still has strong feelings for the club.

hibbysam
06-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Well I'm afraid to **** on your parade but you are wrong

Wrong again. Scott Brown handed in his transfer request on 2nd December 2006, a full 5 months before the Dunfermline game.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6202630.stm

Not to mention the fact that the BBC described him as "sensational" and "imposing" in that very game against Dunfermline

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/6557687.stm

And didn't he lead the charge to petries door about Collins? Whether or not he was great in that game, he completely destroyed the whole dressing room along with a few others! I was at both ties at hampden and no hibs player was 'sensational' as we got beat by a very poor Dunfermline side! I loved brown at hibs until his final season! At least Thomson had the decency to leave when he did and not disrupt the whole club in doing so by handing in transfer requests and acting like a total spoilt brat about not getting his move! If it was down to Scott brown he would have left us for nothing when his contract expired if he had to!

Ps just because he retracted his request for a transfer doesn't mean he didn't want to go.. Which player do you know that loves a club slaps in a transfer request in the dressing room after a game and then tries to oust a manager of his position days before the biggest game on the clubs season?

TheFamous1875
06-02-2013, 01:15 AM
There's also the fact the club would have made him go by now to cash in on him.

Whilst we're talking about the past, if he stayed longer + others, they may never've had to leave, could've gelled more and improved and fulfilled full potential (which IMO, none of them did) and could've led a Scottish Hibernian revolution and REALLY achieved something. The trophies, the champions league football, defeating Barcelona, you never know, it could've all been done here which would've been a million times' more of an achievement than doing it with that big green club in Glasgow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 01:22 AM
And didn't he lead the charge to petries door about Collins? Whether or not he was great in that game, he completely destroyed the whole dressing room along with a few others! I was at both ties at hampden and no hibs player was 'sensational' as we got beat by a very poor Dunfermline side! I loved brown at hibs until his final season! At least Thomson had the decency to leave when he did and not disrupt the whole club in doing so by handing in transfer requests and acting like a total spoilt brat about not getting his move! If it was down to Scott brown he would have left us for nothing when his contract expired if he had to!

Ps just because he retracted his request for a transfer doesn't mean he didn't want to go.. Which player do you know that loves a club slaps in a transfer request in the dressing room after a game and then tries to oust a manager of his position days before the biggest game on the clubs season?

It was nearly the whole team including the captain. They went because the manager wasn't listening to them.

Lets not pretend it was a couple of troublemakers now.

Oh aye, Bamba was sensational.

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 01:25 AM
Whilst we're talking about the past, if he stayed longer + others, they may never've had to leave, could've gelled more and improved and fulfilled full potential (which IMO, none of them did) and could've led a Scottish Hibernian revolution and REALLY achieved something. The trophies, the champions league football, defeating Barcelona, you never know, it could've all been done here which would've been a million times' more of an achievement than doing it with that big green club in Glasgow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

More of a dream than reality though. The club used the money to spend on the stadium and training ground and we could never compete financially with anyone. It would have been amazing if Farmer invested some more cash on higher wages for all of them but the reality is we're a selling club.

Ian Murray and Gary Caldwell both left for Glasgow whilst club captains so the standard was set.

monktonharp
06-02-2013, 01:36 AM
as an ex-scotland fan, I'm more disgruntled by the fact that a 3rd division left back is in the squad, than I am about an ex-Hibernian player, who now plays for a rival club, is now team captain of the national team that I used to support.

edinburghhibee
06-02-2013, 01:40 AM

Correct, if you had seen him at hampden during or after that game you'd know he still had Huge feelings for this club... But let's not kid ourselves when he plays against us he wants to beat us... No as much as our neighbours though ;)

basehibby
06-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Without geting all dewey eyed about it I think it's great to see a guy who came through the ranks at Hibs achieve the honour of captaining Scotland - must have been a while since we could say that - well done Broony :thumbsup:

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 03:13 AM
Had to scroll back a few years to check if i had remembered this right, I remember Scott Browns last game, against Celtic and he scored for us and ended up being cheered by both sets of fans.
My point is, Brown was a fantastic player for us, got us loads of money through us selling him and imo tried his hardest in every game - if every player in a Hibs jersey had the same work ethic we would be delighted.
Yes he moved, got a bit disillusioned under Collins but give the guy the credit.
I'm delighted that he got the armband, people always like to look at the negative though.

Hibernian Verse
06-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Do you enjoy coming across as a helmet Sean?

If this was a tweet I'd favourite it, if it was a status I'd like it.

stoneyburn hibs
06-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Congratulations to Scott Brown on his captaincy ,great player for us and we got decent money for him. Really cant understand why people have a problem with this . Ex hibee who served us well becomes captain of your national team.

worcesterhibby
06-02-2013, 11:01 AM

:agree:

Mikey
06-02-2013, 12:20 PM
For those who are so offended by what Scott Brown has said or done, have you ever seen what Hibs fans say about Hibs on hibs.net? :wink:

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 12:29 PM
For those who are so offended by what Scott Brown has said or done, have you ever seen what Hibs fans say about Hibs on hibs.net? :wink:

Or what hibs fans say about other hibs fans on hibs.net.

basehibby
06-02-2013, 12:58 PM
If this was a tweet I'd favourite it, if it was a status I'd like it.

If this was in English I'd understand it.

Mikey
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Or what hibs fans say about other hibs fans on hibs.net.

The Report Post function is available if you feel that someone is receiving personal abuse.

Mikeystewart
06-02-2013, 01:19 PM
If this was in English I'd understand it.

If you were young enough you would....

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 01:35 PM
If you were young enough you would....

I think that was his point ;0)

jacomo
06-02-2013, 01:42 PM
As is the bitterness towards an ex player who has made good.

:agree:

Hermit Crab
06-02-2013, 01:56 PM

This

silverhibee
06-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Hibs

easty
06-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Hibs

This

lapsedhibee
06-02-2013, 02:41 PM
At least Thomson had the decency to leave when he did and not disrupt the whole club in doing so by handing in transfer requests and acting like a total spoilt brat about not getting his move!

This reads as if you think Katie did NOT act like a total spoilt brat about not getting his move.

When he so did.

cam75
06-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Seriously think we should stop this policy.

Em why ? Apart from the Scotland booze gate can't see he has done much wrong regards being professional,not like couple others of his team mates we resigned....aslong as he stays away from the irnbru ;-)

hibbysam
06-02-2013, 04:22 PM
This reads as if you think Katie did NOT act like a total spoilt brat about not getting his move.

When he so did.

Thomson was the one who said he wanted to stay.. Eventually when new contracts weren't offered wanted to go, never made such a big fuss.. Captaincy was taken from him so he went in the January so it didn't drag.. I still don't believe all he supposedly said about the club.. Although out of the two it is Thomson who is made out to be 100% the crook an brown some sort of hero in the hibs fans eyes.. Brown moved to Celtic, hides no enjoyment about scoring against us and booted us in the baws half way through wht could possibly have been out most successful season in 40+ years is all I'm saying

lapsedhibee
06-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Em why ? Apart from the Scotland booze gate can't see he has done much wrong regards being professional,not like couple others of his team mates we resigned....aslong as he stays away from the irnbru ;-)

Nothing against Scott Brown's professionalism, just think it's a bad image for the club to have, as a sort of winding-down/retirement home for old players. It hasn't generally been a success, I wouldn't say, having peeps back for a second spell - would you?

cam75
06-02-2013, 04:26 PM
hasn't generally been a success, I wouldn't say, having peeps back for a second spell - would you?

Agreed :-)

--------
06-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Without geting all dewey eyed about it I think it's great to see a guy who came through the ranks at Hibs achieve the honour of captaining Scotland - must have been a while since we could say that - well done Broony :thumbsup:

Gary Caldwell? Kenny Miller captained the side at least once, IIRC.

Prefer to remember (and honour) guys like Tommy Younger, Davy Shaw, Pat Stanton, Gordon Smith and Jim Leighton who captained Scotland while they were Hibs players, myself.