PDA

View Full Version : Danny Swanson ( talksport )

stuart62
05-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Just been talking about DS on talksport, seemingly they had been having a go at him, saying that it's not working out for him down there and the 'wag' started going off on one at the presenter !
Anyhow it turns out that Darren ferguson has now said that he was going to go out on loan on transfer deadline day but it all fell through,

Anyone know if it was Hibs that he was talking to and if so why did it fall through ?

gackohibs
05-02-2013, 06:01 PM
he apparently hates it there and was in talks with Hibs.

Apparently it was down to wages where negotiations broke down. PETRIE!!!

Sauce? Family of DS

AlbertK86
05-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Sauce? Family of DS

Surely not !!!!!

Be same situation as Wylde I would suspect

VickMackie
05-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Sauce? Family of DS

I find this sort of thing amusing. Unless we were offering zero contribution to his wages they're losing out?

stuart62
05-02-2013, 06:52 PM
I thought it might have been us, I'm sure one of our guys in the know said we were talking to him, getting a bit fed up losing out on players like DS and Wylde due to Petrie not offering enough towards wages, we've only got 4 months to pay, hardly breaking the bank offering say an extra £2G a week to land a good quality player, ffs we got £82G from sky for the Aberdeen game !!

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I thought it might have been us, I'm sure one of our guys in the know said we were talking to him, getting a bit fed up losing out on players like DS and Wylde due to Petrie not offering enough towards wages, we've only got 4 months to pay, hardly breaking the bank offering say an extra £2G a week to land a good quality player, ffs we got £82G from sky for the Aberdeen game !!

:na na: Rod knows best.

Always seems to be the cry when we don't sign someone that we didn't offer enough, it's all speculation. We've done plenty of business during the window yet some folk always seem to think the available cash should be stretched further. I wonder what they do in their own lives with their own finances.

Elephant Stone
05-02-2013, 06:58 PM

How much were the clubs wanting us to pay?

Fergus52
05-02-2013, 07:00 PM

If he had been in anyway affordable in sure we would have gotten him

Billy Whizz
05-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Didn't Danny Swanson have the chance to join Hibs in the summer? Any reason he went to Peterborough instead?

lucky
05-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I love the way Hibs fans are desperate to spend STF money. None of us know if Wylde or Swanson were affordable. If they are on £8k a week and their teams wanted 50%--60% how can we pay that. FFS we only got just over 8000 fans there on Sunday.

Boyle89
05-02-2013, 07:16 PM
I heard that and wondered if it was us that were in for him. Most likely was, shame it fell through.

hibbymick
05-02-2013, 07:22 PM
If its all true and he was interested in coming to hibs then surely he doesnt hate his present club that much or he wouldve taken a reduction in wages. :whistle:

J-C
05-02-2013, 07:33 PM
If its all true and he was interested in coming to hibs then surely he doesnt hate his present club that much or he wouldve taken a reduction in wages. :whistle:

Don't think the wage thing will be down to players, he's contracted to the club and if they pay him £10k a week, that's what he'll get, our limit is about say £3k and parent club wants 50% of his wages paid, we won't pay the extra £2k.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 07:35 PM
I love the way Hibs fans are desperate to spend STF money. None of us know if Wylde or Swanson were affordable. If they are on £8k a week and their teams wanted 50%--60% how can we pay that. FFS we only got just over 8000 fans there on Sunday.

:agree: I'm pretty sure there are posters who think getting a player in on loan costs nothing.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2013, 07:38 PM
:agree: I'm pretty sure there are posters who think getting a player in on loan costs nothing.

I'm sure your right. However if Swanson really wanted to come he could have reduced his salary. Most prefer to sit on the bench and take the money

3pm
05-02-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm sure your right. However if Swanson really wanted to come he could have reduced his salary. Most prefer to sit on the bench and take the money

I got some good loan deals on Championship Manager roundabout 2003.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Sauce? Family of DS

Red or Brown?...lol

J-C
05-02-2013, 07:41 PM

It's not up to him to reduce salary, he has a contract and his parent club will want a certain percentage of that paid by us, if it's too much we wont pay it.

VickMackie
05-02-2013, 07:43 PM

That 82g will go towards trying to break even this year or will have possibly have went towards reducing the money we've probably already over stretched this season.

stuart62
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
I would never expect Hibs to spend money we don't have, I'll leave that up to the muppets at the PBS, it's just like someone said if they're not playing anyway why not let them go out on loan and save a couple of grand a week. I'm sure we'd have bitten Mortons hand off to take Kuqi on half salary, lol

I suppose they have to look at risks like players getting injured etc. hopefully once we get a couple more off the wage bill in the summer we might be able to go back in for these guys.

Also glad we're going for a bit better quality signing than we have in the past

hibs4thecup1988
05-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Danny was never and will never be in talks with hibs. Defo not hibs on tdd. The source....himself

andrew70
05-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Danny was never and will never be in talks with hibs. Defo not hibs on tdd. The source....himself

How do u mean he "will never be in talks with hibs." Strange comment to make in my opinion. I know Hibs were offered Danny on loan at the same time as Scott Robertson and Gregg Wylde from their respective clubs. Hibs chose to pursue Wylde and also arranged the deal for Robertson. The Wylde deal fell through and Hibs subsequently signed Done. If Hibs had wanted to sign Swanson on loan they could've and would've.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 08:56 PM

Ill informed nonsense, you do know the English championship clubs can still loan players in and out.

The parent club can get much more than Scottish teams are willing to pay from clubs in their own league or even league 1.

Why would any club take 3k a week when they could get 5k or even 6k from an English club, they are not charity's?

IWasThere2016
05-02-2013, 09:25 PM

He's on a very low basic; and nothing like the sum above.

yekimevol
05-02-2013, 11:59 PM

We put a £900,000 loss on our accounts last year, the last thing we need is to turn into the that lot across the road by spending to much on players. Rod is an accountant when we have it he will spend it i.e. £350,000 on riordan.

TheFamous1875
06-02-2013, 12:04 AM
£350,000 on riordan.

So, let me get this straight. We got Riordan back for more than we made from him? So many things went wrong with that guy. Don't get me wrong, he was my idol, but we (and he) could've got a lot more out of that talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

monktonharp
06-02-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm sure your right. However if Swanson really wanted to come he could have reduced his salary. Most prefer to sit on the bench and take the money:agree:cant believe some of the stuff re-Swanson. a Hibs fan? ..maybe. a good player...so,so. consistantly good...well,look at his 90min performances/appearances while at D.Utd. no mercenary tendancies like most football players these days? ma erse! and add to that his agent's 10%

Hibernian Verse
06-02-2013, 03:21 AM
I think some people think hibs have an endless bank account. I think it's the same people, though, that take their families to Disneyland on overdrafts and loans.

I.e. non-realists.

The Falcon
06-02-2013, 06:43 AM

Poster TheCat seemed well informed about the Wylde deal and made it clear that the deal fell collapsed through no fault of Hibs.

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 07:32 AM
I think some people think hibs have an endless bank account. I think it's the same people, though, that take their families to Disneyland on overdrafts and loans.

I.e. non-realists.

Correct. *****ing money on wages of the likes of Shefki and Kubjabi doesn't help matters though when we have no money in the first place.

£900k loss was down to league position, 1 home derby and falling crowds oh and also paying off Coco the clown instead of taking compensation for him.

Fenlon obviously thinks none will do a better job than the likes of Swanson as there was evidently cash there for one of the players. I hope he's made the right decision.

Brooster
06-02-2013, 07:41 AM

I.e. non-realists.

The same folk that plough zero money into the club no doubt.

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 08:34 AM
The same folk that plough zero money into the club no doubt.

To be fair it could be spending cash supporting the club that leads folk into over drafts to pay for holidays :greengrin

Hibercelona
06-02-2013, 09:41 AM
The reason we don't have the money to sign these type of players is because we squander what we have on paying off ex-managers and signing players that nobody has ever heard of.

It's not that the money isn't there. We just don't make the best out of the money we do have.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 09:53 AM
The reason we don't have the money to sign these type of players is because we squander what we have on paying off ex-managers and signing players that nobody has ever heard of.

It's not that the money isn't there. We just don't make the best out of the money we do have.

We will always sign player's who don't deliver as much as we expected, as will other clubs. Unless you know a better way of signing players?

I don't really get why you say you support Hibs, as they don't really do much you like? :confused:

Russell The Dug
06-02-2013, 09:54 AM

I think Williams, Cairney and Robertsons permanent signing on more than a one year contract is a step in the right direction to be fair. I just hope the trend continues in the summer.

R'Albin
06-02-2013, 10:03 AM

Sauce? Family of DS

So basically, you've repeated what the OP said, assumed that it was Petrie's fault, then claimed you found it out from a legitimate source.

Nice work.

hibsmad
06-02-2013, 10:17 AM
We will always sign player's who don't deliver as much as we expected, as will other clubs. Unless you know a better way of signing players?

I don't really get why you say you support Hibs, as they don't really do much you like? :confused:

Think it pretty much comes down to identifying the right managers. Every club will sign players who disappoint, but more so if they have a manager who is not up to the job.

Given the amount of managers we have had recently who failed miserably, then we have had to use more money than most to get rid of these signings/managers.

It bodes well for the future that we have been able to waste money like this but still appear to be relatively competitive in the transfer market. Can only mean good things if we can get settled with Pat at the helm and avoid too many more pay-offs.

jacomo
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM

This seems a bit over the top. We have seen far too many players and managers come and go over the past five years. We need to get to a situation where the first team is much more settled, and the manager is able to plan ahead and look to prioritise two or three positions, rather than be looking for players all over the park.

We are getting there I think but it's taking a while.

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 07:08 PM

There are some clubs believe that ...

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Hibarcelona, not sure why you support hibs as all you do is constantly criticise everything we do as a club?? We aint perfect by any stretch but ffs man lighten up a bit ah??

Fwiw, nobody had heard of Ben Williams when we signed him and look.how that turned out? Just because we knew gregg wylde and Danny swanson from previous spl stints, doesnt automatically mean they would be better than Matt done...lets give the guy a chance before we start blaming petrie!!

kaimendhibs
07-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Everything I have heard about matt done has been positive. He has only had a few minutes game time so I look forward to seeing him show what he can do. My mate is an Arabs season ticket holder and never rated Danny Swanson so it's all opinions. Mibbe pat fenlon simply thought Done was a better oprion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lang Toun Hibs
08-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Fenlon obviously thinks none will do a better job than the likes of Swanson as there was evidently cash there for one of the players. I hope he's made the right decision.

If he thought that he should've signed Swanson...get it? Do you see what I've DONE there?! Ooh my sides, mega lols and so forth.

anon1875
08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
would love to see Danny in a hibs top

edit: Danny was in fact on his way to Hibs on the last day of the transfer window but the deal fell through.