PDA

View Full Version : Wangling a move (no Katie content)

lapsedhibee
05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
In his last two matches, against Arsenal and Manchester C, Pepe Reina has done two strange things:

(1) didn't attempt to save Walcott's modest shot for Arsenal's equaliser
(2) wandered out fairly aimlessly leaving an open goal for Aguero to equalise for Manchester C

"Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina is surprised by Victor Valdes' decision to leave Barcelona at the end of his contract but has downplayed suggestions he is a candidate to replace his Spain team-mate at Camp Nou.

"I was surprised because Victor is with the best team in the world," Reina told MoviStar.

"When I sign a contract I fulfil it and I have signed with Liverpool until 2016," he said, before adding: "Barcelona is the best club in the world."

Is Reina trying to wangle a cut-price move to Barca by deliberately playing crap?

The 'puddle have previous for goalies with dodgy morals.

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 01:22 PM
In his last two matches, against Arsenal and Manchester C, Pepe Reina has done two strange things:

(2) wandered out fairly aimlessly leaving an open goal for Aguero to equalise for Manchester C

"Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina is surprised by Victor Valdes' decision to leave Barcelona at the end of his contract but has downplayed suggestions he is a candidate to replace his Spain team-mate at Camp Nou.

"I was surprised because Victor is with the best team in the world," Reina told MoviStar.

"When I sign a contract I fulfil it and I have signed with Liverpool until 2016," he said, before adding: "Barcelona is the best club in the world."

Is Reina trying to wangle a cut-price move to Barca by deliberately playing crap?

If a player wants a move 9/10 they get it. There is no need for Reina to do that his agent I am sure is more than capable of sorting out a move if wanted.

lapsedhibee
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
If a player wants a move 9/10 they get it. There is no need for Reina to do that his agent I am sure is more than capable of sorting out a move if wanted.

I don't know. Gerrard was apparently dissuaded from his planned move to Chelsea because some local people didn't like the idea of a very good player leaving the club. Maybe there's some reason why it's better for Reina to be perceived as not essential to the 'puddle's progress.

greenteam
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
think he just had a bad game and the goal was class...nothing more

ALF TUPPER
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Wangling a move (no Katie content)

Match fixing ?

ALF TUPPER
05-02-2013, 01:44 PM
** just jokin ** :wink:

lapsedhibee
05-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Match fixing?

And didn't he once try to save a balloon rather than the match ball? I think that led to another Arsenal goal. None of the Hibs or Sheep players seemed to have any trouble distinguishing red or white balloons from the ball on Sunday.

All very perplexing.

Future17
05-02-2013, 01:59 PM
You could be on to something. :greengrin

Barcelona fans will openly admit that the club's philosophy will not allow for them to spend big money on goalkeepers; it's almost a matter of pride for them. The thinking is that, if they have the best 10 outfield players in the World, why would they need an expensive goalkeeper?

If you look at Barca in recent generations, they have had some extremely dodgy keepers. In fact, the reluctance to spend on this postion is probably why Valdes has refused to sign a new contract - he can probably get more elsewhere.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Don't think there is anything sinister, in my opinion of course. Reina is a very good goalkeeper who is unfortunately prone to the odd howler and lapse in concentration.

The 1st example given by the op looks soft but I think Reina just got his feet all wrong. People who have never played in goals will never understand how important good feet movement is. In that instance Reina knew he had his feet wrong and knew he couldn't readjust to make the save.

The second one is just a rush of blood to the head/lack of concentration that every keeper has now and then.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2013, 03:14 PM

Hibs.net is certainly the place for conspiracy theories.......................There's only one Brucie Grobbelaar