PDA

View Full Version : Media English FA response to Liverpool v Arsenal players suspended 15/08/2010

RoxburghHibs
05-02-2013, 12:27 PM
See my enquiry and response from the English FA in regards to players being listed as suspended for a match in England. Why would the SFA need to be contacted? Surely the English FA would have details of players suspended for all games played in their league.

Unless they have something to hide?

:agree:

Dear Mr. Jardine,

I have liaised with our Head of Disciplinary and they have advised that this is a matter for the Scottish Football Association and as such, I would advise you to contact them directly.

Best wishes,
John Stanley | Customer Relations
The Football Association
Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS
Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ
T 0844 980 8200 (option 3) | F 0844 980 0666 |
www.TheFA.com/Feedback (http://www.thefa.com/englandfans)

**If you wish to reply, please click on the link below to go to the contact us form**
http://www.thefa.com/feedback

Sent: 30 January 2013 09:23
To: Info
Subject: Contact Us Enquiry

FAN: 57933875
Subject: Football Association
Enquiry:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am looking for details from a Premier League match from last season:
Liverpool v Arsenal 15/08/2010.

Can you please send me details off all players unavailable for this match due to suspension?

Many thanks for your help.
Mr Jardine

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Gaun yersel pal...:thumbsup:

StevieC
05-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Nothing at all to do with SFA, but given the bombardment that has probably occured over the Wilson debacle they will be assuming (rightly?) that it is related to that. I would send a reply along the lines of "What does the list of suspended players for English FA games on (insert date here) have to do with the SFA?"

Not that the answer really matters, it's been swept under the carpet.

Ross4356
05-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Caley don't care, so why should you?

Judas Iscariot
05-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Sorry boss :aok:

RoxburghHibs
05-02-2013, 03:21 PM

Why do you care why I care?

brog
05-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Amazing really, you ask about an English league game & he refers you to the SFA!!! talk about coincidence!! As other posters have said there's a cover up in place. However, remember from Watergate to Chris Huehne the cover up when exposed is always punished more than the original misdemeanour, keep digging!!

Big_Franck
05-02-2013, 04:26 PM
There is definitely a cover up going on, caused by a cock up at the SFA (surprise surprise). A list of those suspended for that game can surely not be that difficult to find? :confused:

StevieC
05-02-2013, 04:45 PM
There is definitely a cover up going on, caused by a cock up at the SFA (surprise surprise). A list of those suspended for that game can surely not be that difficult to find? :confused:

Possibly not the SFA in this case. It may depend on the wording of the suspension on the original ITC and how that was interpreted. If it was Scottish League Cup specific then the FA may not have applied it to their league, but if they didn't then I'm guessing it should have been on the returning ITC. However, if the SFA did state it as Scottish League Cup specific on the original ITC, then it may be their fault for not checking upon his return for outstanding suspensions.

Someone, sonewhere looks to have made an administrative error, but without a proper enquiry and checking all the relevent paperwork it is easily swept under the carpet. FA say it is an SFA disciplinary matter, SFA say that they passed it to FA and it was dealt with down south.

EuanH78
05-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Think the FA are a bit ahead of themselves there. Doesn't look like you even mentioned Wilson in that email. Its a simple enough question...I'd email alex Thompson. .see if he wants to do some digging. I get the impression hes not too impressed with the SFA

Sir David Gray
05-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I would send a reply to him asking, once again, for a list of players that were suspended for that game.

The SFA have said that Danny Wilson served his one match ban in that game, if he did then the FA would have a record of that.

You haven't asked him any questions specifically about Wilson, all you've asked for is to be sent a list of players who were suspended for a match that was played under the jurisdiction of their organisation and they should have no problems in being able to supply that information.

If Wilson isn't on that list then the SFA have lied.

Something stinks with this whole situation and although the result is never going to be reversed or the match replayed, I do think that there should be an investigation into this as it really doesn't add up.

lapsedhibee
05-02-2013, 07:48 PM
If Wilson isn't on that list then the SFA have lied.

Something stinks with this whole situation and although the result is never going to be reversed or the match replayed, I do think that there should be an investigation into this as it really doesn't add up.

Best outcome would be if the obfuscating were to continue right up to the week of the final, and then the SFA proved to have lied. Too late by then to replay the semi or award it to ICT and have them in the final. Simplest fair solution will probably be to award the cup to St Mirren, refund their supporters their ticket money, and keep the yam fans' ticket money as a fine. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Let's get sparky to tweet Danny Wilson and ask him, surely if anyone knows when he actually served the suspension, he does. :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
05-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Not paid much attention to the Danny Wilson suspension claims - until now.

The English FAs response is peculiar. Does stink of a cover up.

Are the English & Scottish FA subject to Freedom of information laws? If so, a request under those laws would force them to disclose the suspension info.

Cabbage East
05-02-2013, 08:06 PM
You asked for a list of suspended players for an English Premier League match and they referred you to the SFA? How strange....

My tin foil hat is twitching :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Brilliant! What about contacting Arsenal - they'd have the list as well and have no reason to cover it up?

Saorsa
05-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Caley don't care, so why should you?I care for two reasons, one, I hate that grubby club and I'd love tae see them exposed, for cheating their way tae another final and possibly another trophy, this time not only by paying players they cannae afford but also by playing an ineligible player (and the player will ken) if that is what they have done. Two, I'd like tae see the shysters at the SFA exposed for incompetence and covering it up, if that's what has gone on. ICT have nae choice but tae accept the SFA decision as they appear tae be judge and jury in the matter and get away with what they like, disnae mean anybody else has tae accept it. I believe something incorrect has happened here otherwise why does naebody seem able tae or willing tae produce evidence tae the contrary.

Question: Which game was he suspended for?
Answer: ?

That's all that needs answered, what's so difficult about that if it actually happened?

Beefster
06-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I care for two reasons, one, I hate that grubby club and I'd love tae see them exposed, for cheating their way tae another final and possibly another trophy, this time not only by paying players they cannae afford but also by playing an ineligible player (and the player will ken) if that is what they have done. Two, I'd like tae see the shysters at the SFA exposed for incompetence and covering it up, if that's what has gone on. ICT have nae choice but tae accept the SFA decision as they appear tae be judge and jury in the matter and get away with what they like, disnae mean anybody else has tae accept it. I believe something incorrect has happened here otherwise why does naebody seem able tae or willing tae produce evidence tae the contrary.

Question: Which game was he suspended for?
Answer: ?

That's all that needs answered, what's so difficult about that if it actually happened?

I hate Hearts as much as most but if they've asked the SFA twice and been told twice that Wilson was eligible then Hearts haven't cheated. Even if its shown that the SFA and FA have been utterly incompetent and Wilson hasn't served his ban after all, the result of the League Cup semi still won't be changed.

lyonhibs
06-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I hate Hearts as much as most but if they've asked the SFA twice and been told twice that Wilson was eligible then Hearts haven't cheated. Even if its shown that the SFA and FA have been utterly incompetent and Wilson hasn't served his ban after all, the result of the League Cup semi still won't be changed.

This. It appears that - contrary to their usual modus operandi - Hearts have played this one by the book. All that can come out of FOI requests/e-mails is that some dogsbody at either the FA or SFA will get their jotters, nothing on the footballing results side will change.

If that is what the OP is after, then fair enough, but it does seem a tad desperate.

EuanH78
06-02-2013, 01:53 PM
How about the fact that the governing bodies of English and Scottish football appear to be in collusion to cover up a 'simple' administrative mistake and are unwilling to accept responsibility for that. Of course it would create difficult decisions to be made if it turned out so.

But if they are willing to cover up what was probably a genuine mistake what else do you think they might try to cover up?

Keep pursuing this, not to noise up Hearts but because there is a definite smell of **** in Denmark.

Siralbertkidd
06-02-2013, 05:24 PM
How about the fact that the governing bodies of English and Scottish football appear to be in collusion to cover up a 'simple' administrative mistake and are unwilling to accept responsibility for that. Of course it would create difficult decisions to be made if it turned out so.

But if they are willing to cover up what was probably a genuine mistake what else do you think they might try to cover up?

Keep pursuing this, not to noise up Hearts but because there is a definite smell of **** in Denmark.

Totally agree, please keep pursuing Roxburgh, the fact is if they are covering up this what else might they be covering up?
I hope you continue the investigation on our behalf, and I look forward to any further updates you have.

Ultrabee1-0
07-02-2013, 07:14 AM
The sfa are just as bad as all the corrupt forgein league's. Fair enough we are not match fixing, but covering up lies and not accepting a mistake is unprofessional of them. Our footballing nation is full unwanted and un-needed politics! And until the money grabbing,lying,hypocritical toffs are out of our game then this country's football will always be piss poor!

RoxburghHibs
18-02-2013, 09:56 AM
My first enquiry:

Enquiry:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you please send me details off all players unavailable for this match due to suspension?

First response from English FA:
Dear Mr. Jardine,

I have liaised with our Head of Disciplinary and they have advised that this is a matter for the Scottish Football Association and as such, I would advise you to contact them directly.

Best wishes,
The Football Association
www.TheFA.com/Feedback

**If you wish to reply, please click on the link below to go to the contact us form**

My follow up mail:
Can you please clarify why the Scottish FA, and not the English FA, hold records of players unavailable due to suspension for an English league match? I'm just looking for a list of all player suspended for the below match. Can you please confirm you have details of such information for your league?

Many thanks

Latest response from English FA:
Dear Sir,

As with all suspensions, they are served at the ‘next available first team match’, as international clearance was received showing a suspension (from the SFA), he is obliged to serve it as stipulated within the Laws of the Game.

Best wishes,
The Football Association

JimBHibees
18-02-2013, 09:59 AM
My first enquiry:

Enquiry:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr. Jardine,

Best wishes,
The Football Association
www.TheFA.com/Feedback

My follow up mail:
Can you please clarify why the Scottish FA, and not the English FA, hold records of players unavailable due to suspension for an English league match? I'm just looking for a list of all player suspended for the below match. Can you please confirm you have details of such information for your league?

Many thanks

Dear Sir,

As with all suspensions, they are served at the ‘next available first team match’, as international clearance was received showing a suspension (from the SFA), he is obliged to serve it as stipulated within the Laws of the Game.

Best wishes,
The Football Association

He clearly hasnt answered your question. I think I know why.

Saorsa
18-02-2013, 10:01 AM
My first enquiry:

Enquiry:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Dear Mr. Jardine,

Best wishes,
The Football Association
www.TheFA.com/Feedback (http://www.TheFA.com/Feedback)

My follow up mail:

Many thanks

Dear Sir,

Best wishes,
The Football Association
www.TheFA.com/Feedback (http://www.thefa.com/englandfans)Disnae really answer the question does it? Disnae say if he served it, I wonder why :hmmm:

DaveF
18-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Get Alex Thomson onto it.

He'll get you an answer.

Cabbage East
18-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Your next email should ask why he isn't answering your question and why he is referring you to the SFA when you have asked for details about an English league match?

EuanH78
18-02-2013, 10:19 AM

He'll get you an answer.

Agree with this. Part of AT's interest in Scottish football has come from the (lack of) leadership from the Scottish governing bodies - incompetence or whatever, I think he would be interested in this.

RoxburghHibs
18-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I responded as below:

Dear Mr Stanley,

Many thanks for your latest response (as below) to my email.

There appears to be some confusion as to the details of my request.

I'm looking for a list off ALL players, for the match on 15th August 2010 between Liverpool and Arsenal, that the English FA have on record as being unavailable due to suspension. I am not requesting details of a particular player as per your response and don't see why I should need to contact another Football Association to obtain such details?

Can you please clarify all players not available for the Liverpool v Arsenal EPL match played on 15/08/2010?

If you don't hold this information can you please direct me to who does?

Many thanks

RoxburghHibs
18-02-2013, 10:20 AM

He'll get you an answer.

Sorry who is Alex Thomson?

EdinMike
18-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Noticed you still didn't mention any particular players or names in the follow up email either... Yet he still assumes you're after Wilsons info... Not just the info in general.

I smell ***** !

hibs4thecup1988
18-02-2013, 10:21 AM
You still have not mentioned danny wilson in regards to this so they are jumping the gun with their response are they not?

jonty
18-02-2013, 10:22 AM
http://www.channel4.com/news/alex-thomson

To be fair it does show the SFA in a good light. Theyre not the only imcompetent bungling FA out there.

Saorsa
18-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry who is Alex Thomson?Deary me :greengrin A real journalist who dished the dirt on the stickies. :agree:

lapsedhibee
18-02-2013, 10:26 AM

Great stuff Roxburgh, keep it up.

If you keep getting stonewalled TV's AT may be interested as he's done a lot of work on the incompetence of the Scottish governing bodies (and this case looks like turning into collusion of an English governing body also).

JimBHibees
18-02-2013, 11:31 AM
I responded as below:

Dear Mr Stanley,

I'm looking for a list off ALL players, for the match on 15th August 2010 between Liverpool and Arsenal, that the English FA have on record as being unavailable due to suspension. I am not requesting details of a particular player as per your response and don't see why I should need to contact another Football Association to obtain such details?

Can you please clarify all players not available for the Liverpool v Arsenal EPL match played on 15/08/2010?

Many thanks

Exactly the right response however I am sure they will not provide the information as no doubt they will have agreed with the SFA to blank all such requests.

Hibs90
18-02-2013, 12:00 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/javaImages/c3/6/0,,10290~11667139,00.jpg

Pat Fenlon approves this message.

LeighLoyal
18-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I responded as below:

Dear Mr Stanley,

Many thanks

Hound them all the way to hell, mate! :aok:

silverhibee
18-02-2013, 12:21 PM
I responded as below:

Dear Mr Stanley,

Many thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RoZ7JXkv6_o

StevieC
18-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Dear Sir,

As with all suspensions, they are served at the ‘next available first team match

Which would have been their Europa Cup game!
(played prior to their first league game)

:hmmm:

JimBHibees
18-02-2013, 01:04 PM

I think it would be seen as a domestic suspension rather than the one which applied to a European game.

onionman
18-02-2013, 01:09 PM

That would be this game then. (check the subs bench). http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/europa-league/2010-2011/liverpool-rabotnicki-skopje-383716.html

Sir David Gray
18-02-2013, 11:59 PM
It's really pathetic that the media in this country is not doing the investigation here and it's being left to a lone fan who's doing it in his spare time to send all the e-mails etc. They seem to have just accepted the official line that the SFA has given and moved on.

I've always thought that there's been a cover up here, ever since it got reported that Wilson's eligibility was up for debate something didn't seem right about the whole thing. Now I think it's fairly certain that there's been a cover up, not only by the SFA but by the FA as well. Why would the FA continuously direct someone, who is specifically looking for a list of suspended players for a game that was played under their jurisdiction, to the SFA?

The SFA has categorically stated that Wilson was suspended for the Liverpool v Arsenal game as a result of being sent off in the 2010 League Cup final and that's why he was eligible to play against Inverness in the semi final a few weeks ago. If that was the case then the FA would have that filed away in their records. The fact that they have continuously refused to give Roxburgh a straight answer to his question tells me that the FA and the SFA are both fully aware that Danny Wilson has never served a suspension for that sending off and Hearts have fielded an ineligible player in that semi final.

I would go along with what others are saying, I would contact Alex Thomson and let him take it from here.

RoxburghHibs
19-02-2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.channel4.com/news/alex-thomson

To be fair it does show the SFA in a good light. Theyre not the only imcompetent bungling FA out there.

I'm happy to fire over my emails with the English FA to Alex Thomson. Does anyone know where I can get his email address - sorry had a look at that link and couldn't find one and I don't use twitter.

lyonhibs
19-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm wondering, what do people think has happened here, and what would we expect the outcome of an investigation to be.

Do we think there was a "before the fact" collusion to sweep Danny Wilson's suspension under a magic carpet? I can't really believe that - with all the players/paperwork/other areas they work in - that the English FA would have done something so daft and risky for the sake of Danny Wilson.

Do we think that - despite Hearts apparently contacting the SFA twice before the semi-final - if DW is proven to have been ineligible for that game, that anything on the footballing side will change? Not a cat's chance in hell. AFAIK, ICT have not said a peep about this apparent "injustice"

Do we think that there is some "after the fact" collusion/stonewalling of requests like Roxburgh Hibs' is making as both The FA and the SFA realise their - yet to be proven/disproven - mistake? If so, what do we want done to the - almost certainly - low level admin pen pushers that let something slip through the net? It sounds like a public garroting with sideshow of a rotten fruit and eggs tombola would struggle to satisfy some on here.

Mistakes happen (and - if it is one - this one is hardly a match-fixing crime of the century) and big organisations arse cover all the time. Even if these e-mails/potential Alex Thomson involvement lead to "uncovering" a cover-up of the initial mistake, it won't exactly show that the whole structure of each respective FA is riddled with corruption or anything dramatic like that.

It's all a bit http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mg7D3kYysfw/SsO76zoY4uI/AAAAAAAAOQg/dBWyOvFPL4M/s400/conspiracy_theories.jpg for me, to be honest.

Oscar T Grouch
19-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm happy to fire over my emails with the English FA to Alex Thomson. Does anyone know where I can get his email address - sorry had a look at that link and couldn't find one and I don't use twitter.

Tweeted a link to this thread to him, up to him to read it now.

lapsedhibee
19-02-2013, 09:53 AM

alex.thomson@itn.co.uk is what's listed on the the huns' forums.

lapsedhibee
19-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Even if these e-mails/potential Alex Thomson involvement lead to "uncovering" a cover-up of the initial mistake, it won't exactly show that the whole structure of each respective FA is riddled with corruption or anything dramatic like that.

Yes, it will show that they are both corrupt.

Big_Franck
19-02-2013, 09:58 AM
I'm wondering, what do people think has happened here, and what would we expect the outcome of an investigation to be.

Do we think there was a "before the fact" collusion to sweep Danny Wilson's suspension under a magic carpet? I can't really believe that - with all the players/paperwork/other areas they work in - that the English FA would have done something so daft and risky for the sake of Danny Wilson.

Do we think that - despite Hearts apparently contacting the SFA twice before the semi-final - if DW is proven to have been ineligible for that game, that anything on the footballing side will change? Not a cat's chance in hell. AFAIK, ICT have not said a peep about this apparent "injustice"

Do we think that there is some "after the fact" collusion/stonewalling of requests like Roxburgh Hibs' is making as both The FA and the SFA realise their - yet to be proven/disproven - mistake? If so, what do we want done to the - almost certainly - low level admin pen pushers that let something slip through the net? It sounds like a public garroting with sideshow of a rotten fruit and eggs tombola would struggle to satisfy some on here.

Mistakes happen (and - if it is one - this one is hardly a match-fixing crime of the century) and big organisations arse cover all the time. Even if these e-mails/potential Alex Thomson involvement lead to "uncovering" a cover-up of the initial mistake, it won't exactly show that the whole structure of each respective FA is riddled with corruption or anything dramatic like that.

It's all a bit for me, to be honest.

It will prove that the SFA blatantly lied to cover their arse. Reason enough IMO to pursue this and find out the truth. We can't have our governing body lying to fans and trying to brush it under the carpet. The issue here is not the initial mistake, I am sure we can all accept that administrative errors occur now and again, what we shouldn't accept is the SFA lying to fans.

JimBHibees
19-02-2013, 09:58 AM

It's all a bit http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mg7D3kYysfw/SsO76zoY4uI/AAAAAAAAOQg/dBWyOvFPL4M/s400/conspiracy_theories.jpg for me, to be honest.

I dont think anyone is looking for a grassy knoll or magic bullet explanation however a simple list of suspended players for a particular game surely isnt that difficult to find. One has made an erse of this and the other is covering it.

Leithenhibby
19-02-2013, 10:00 AM

I think your right, not a lot will come of this, but all we ever wanted was "transparency" or so some people tell us.

If, the FA/ SFA have made a blunder then lets get it out, cleared up and dealt with in an honest manor...

I want nothing more, nothing less :wink:

EdinMike
19-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I dont think anyone is looking for a grassy knoll or magic bullet explanation however a simple list of suspended players for a particular game surely isnt that difficult to find. One has made an erse of this and the other is covering it.

I am ! I think the SFA did it on purpose !! They did it so Hearts had enough money, so they can survive. And the SFA will bail out Ukios too !!

WHERE'S MY TIN HAT !! :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Theres some sort of error been made somewhere, if it involved a player who played for one of the other 3 Semi Finalists I doubt this thread would exist.

Saorsa
19-02-2013, 10:17 AM
This is about more than just the yams for me (whether people believe that or not) I want tae see the SFA exposed for the bungling incompetents they are and for deliberately covering it up. If there's nothing tae hide lets see when he served this suspension and thus how he was able tae play in that game against ICT. The game in this country is rotten and it starts at the very top with the likes of Ogilvie and Regan. The fiasco with the stickes was a disgrace and I'd like tae see every opportunity (if one exists here) that arises taken tae show these people up for what they are.

southfieldhibby
19-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Theres some sort of error been made somewhere, if it involved a player who played for one of the other 3 Semi Finalists I doubt this thread would exist.

Probably.But it involves the savilles and their constant cheating by any means.If some Hibs fan wants to dedicate their time to try and uncover this I'm all for it.

PatHead
19-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I am not really bothered that it is Hearts involved. I don't think they (the Scottish League/SFA) will demand a replay.

To me this stinks like when Ernie Walker "hid" Jorge Cadette's international clearance so he would not be able to play for Celtic in an important match. If they are lying they should not get away with it.

Personally I do not rate any of the Senior Executives at any of the 3 bodies governing Scottish football and anyone who reigns over a culture of trying to get The Rangers into the SPL/Division 1, hiding mistakes, putting around a doomsday scenario if we didn't tow the line and general bullying should be sacked as soon as possible.

lyonhibs
19-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I am not really bothered that it is Hearts involved. I don't think they (the Scottish League/SFA) will demand a replay.

To me this stinks like when Ernie Walker "hid" Jorge Cadette's international clearance so he would not be able to play for Celtic in an important match. If they are lying they should not get away with it.

Personally I do not rate any of the Senior Executives at any of the 3 bodies governing Scottish football and anyone who reigns over a culture of trying to get The Rangers into the SPL/Division 1, hiding mistakes, putting around a doomsday scenario if we didn't tow the line and general bullying should be sacked as soon as possible.

Not really, as that was calculated, deliberate and before the fact. I think if there is a cover up, if a mistake has indeed been made, then those directly responsible should be punished. But the idea that an after the event cover up of 1 game suspension for 1 relatively small-fry player shows that the whole hierarchy of both the English and Scottish FA are inherently corrupt is pushing the boat out a bit IMO.

lord bunberry
19-02-2013, 11:41 AM

Was it not Jim farry

KanyeWestLower
19-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Was it not Jim farry

It was indeed Jim the Bunnet Farry that did it. with the exception of this incident a well respected administration by all accounts, just goes to show that the crime is getting caught

LeighLoyal
19-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Was it not Jim farry

Aye, wee Jim sacked for gross misconduct in helping Oldco to a cup win over Celtic by blocking Cadette's registration. It took an independent investigation to get to the truth, so don't expect anything different here.

EuanH78
19-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Not really, as that was calculated, deliberate and before the fact. I think if there is a cover up, if a mistake has indeed been made, then those directly responsible should be punished. But the idea that an after the event cover up of 1 game suspension for 1 relatively small-fry player shows that the whole hierarchy of both the English and Scottish FA are inherently corrupt is pushing the boat out a bit IMO.

It shows that lies and deceit come before transparency and honesty. Yes, it probably was a rather innocuous admin error - no more, so why lie about it. If they are prepared to lie about that. What else?

Saorsa
19-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Not really, as that was calculated, deliberate and before the fact. I think if there is a cover up, if a mistake has indeed been made, then those directly responsible should be punished. But the idea that an after the event cover up of 1 game suspension for 1 relatively small-fry player shows that the whole hierarchy of both the English and Scottish FA are inherently corrupt is pushing the boat out a bit IMO.In the summer we had Regan trying bend/change every rule in the book tae get the stickies in as high up the leagues as possible. Campbell Ogilvie has been involved with two clubs that have been caught with schemes tae avoid paying taxes yet is still president of the SFA and is standing for re-election, talk about jobs for the boys. Lets no pretend that any of that lot are above double dealing or doing anything underhand because they're no, far from it IMO, that organisation is far from squeaky clean.

1. If the suspension was served why can or is naebody willing/able tae show when/where it was served?

2. If there was just an honest mistake and that's all it was, a mistake, then why not come clean and remove the doubt?

It's the walls of silence that has the fingers pointing at these people, it would hardly be the 1st case of things being covered up or corrupt within fitba and it's always taken somebody else tae expose them.

jeffers
19-02-2013, 12:53 PM
If he was allowed to serve the suspension by missing a Liverpool game does it really matter if it is documented the actual game it was served ? If he was registered by the start of the season and didn't play in their opener then he has served his suspension. I don't even have an issue with Hearts (other than them benefitting from being able to field an in-eligible) player.) if they twice queried his eligibility then I don't see how they can be blamed.

What bothers me is the that you can be banned from the Scottish League Cup but serve the suspension by missing a game in England. Until now I wasn't aware this was an option and to me is open to all sorts of abuse. I have no doubt someone has made a blunder and it has been covered up. It begs the question if this is being is covering up what else has....for this alone I don't think this should be dropped.

JimBHibees
19-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Aye, wee Jim sacked for gross misconduct in helping Oldco to a cup win over Celtic by blocking Cadette's registration. It took an independent investigation to get to the truth, so don't expect anything different here.

and Farry was allowed to leave after signing a confidentiality agreement. Incredibly bent.

poolman
19-02-2013, 03:58 PM

:agree:

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Controversies+-+Farry+Suspended+%28BBC%29