PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans at the game yesterday take A bow

maturehibby
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
In car last night on the way back with the radio on and heard Billy Dodds say that the" Hibs fans were fantastic in their support as Aberdeen pounded away at the goal and that our encouragement carried the team over the winning line" .
Well done fellow Hibees and it shows that our support does matter when we get right behind the team and to hear it said from a "Neutral" that we are indeed the 12th man and it shows that the section 43 boys /girls cheering is infectious and is reaching throughout the ground .
Noticed that the Upper West started a couple of "Chants" too so thats the East and the West doing it so come on the Famous Five stand and we have the whole of the home support covered,
once again attendees take a bow

kaimendhibs
04-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Aye, well done fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibs4thecup1988
04-02-2013, 04:08 PM
In car last night on the way back with the radio on and heard Billy Dodds say that the" Hibs fans were fantastic in their support as Aberdeen pounded away at the goal and that our encouragement carried the team over the winning line" .
Well done fellow Hibees and it shows that our support does matter when we get right behind the team and to hear it said from a "Neutral" that we are indeed the 12th man and it shows that the section 43 boys /girls cheering is infectious and is reaching throughout the ground .
Noticed that the Upper West started a couple of "Chants" too so thats the East and the West doing it so come on the Famous Five stand and we have the whole of the home support covered,

Where you in the famous five yesterday? Not going to start an argument but I can tell you that we were starting songs in there too!

Good atmosphere all around the ground in the big games.

fatbloke
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Attendance yesterday?

JollyGreenGiant
04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes, have to agree, although smaller in number, we hibbies in the FF lower were doing our best to join in too.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Nice to have a positive thread!

Last Minute
04-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Attendance yesterday?

Att: 11,877

monktonharp
04-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I was banging on a bit ,this morning(v.early) to some, and saying ..were you at the game.. although I have to admit that it was through a drink fueled haze. I did make an apology to some,later on when I sobered up a bit, but I do hope that more will feel enclined to go to the games,especially the important ones,like yesterday. I was in the East for a change and it was very busy and noisy which was good.

monktonharp
04-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Att: 11,877 I did expect it to be more than that, I must admit. slightly dissapointing. that's about 1500 over half full is it not?

Iggy Pope
04-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Good post, but (as on the Deegan vid thread by another poster), another wee unnecesary poke at the FF.
There was noise in there yesterday. What the FF (and every other stand needs BTW, the East was far from fulll yesterday) is more Hibbies filling it and I wish the stragglers would shift their ***** and get back there.

hibs4thecup1988
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Good post, but (as on the Deegan vid thread by another poster), another wee unnecesary poke at the FF.
There was noise in there yesterday. What the FF (and every other stand needs BTW, the East was far from fulll yesterday) is more Hibbies filling it and I wish the stragglers would shift their ***** and get back there.

:top marks

happiehibbie
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I used to sit in the FF and basicly your not a supporter if you sit there you have to be in the east and in section 43 or your not worthy

i now sit in the west posh seats and get a row for shouting :)

The_Sauz
04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
I used to sit in the FF and basicly your not a supporter if you sit there you have to be in the east and in section 43 or your not worthy

i now sit in the west posh seats and get a row for shouting :)
It's not your shouting, it is you spraying everybody with you prawn & cucumber sandwiches :wink:
Us in the upper west had a wee singsong yesterday :greengrin

Keith_M
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
I was in the West Upper, Section 14 (LL 210) and enjoyed the fact there were a few guys about two rows back trying to get chants going. Along with a few others, I joined in but it wasn't until much later in the game that more people did so. However, I'd encourage you guys to keep at it because getting behind the team might just take off :wink:

(The 'attack, attack' then 'defend, defend' chants were actually quite funny)

My thanks go out to you for trying to create a bit of atmosphere http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Pedantic_Hibee
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm 100% getting a season ticket for next year regardless if we lose every game from now until then.

My uber pessimist of a dad is getting one too. If Pat Fenton can put a smile on that old ride's coupon then he'll deserve a shot at my mother. The end.

superfurryhibby
04-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Funny how perceptions differ. I felt the Hibs fans were a bit quiet yesterday. A sheep supporting colleague who attended the game said the same. Did notice the West Upper singing, hats off to the guys that got it going.

maturehibby
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Sorry if it came across that I am deriding the FF stand as I have a couple of great HIbs fans friends in there .
What I hope for is that some of Section 43 get in amongst them and show them how they go about encouraging the team and could even get the drummer in amongst them to encourage them and also the noise would carry over to the West stand lower(where I am) and upper west too .
Wasn't it great too for us all to be recognised for the cheering on of our team .
So once again I say it "Take a Bow " to all Hibs fans who attended

hfcok
04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Sorry if it came across that I am deriding the FF stand as I have a couple of great HIbs fans friends in there .
What I hope for is that some of Section 43 get in amongst them and show them how they go about encouraging the team and could even get the drummer in amongst them to encourage them and also the noise would carry over to the West stand lower(where I am) and upper west too .
Wasn't it great too for us all to be recognised for the cheering on of our team .
So once again I say it "Take a Bow " to all Hibs fans who attended

Yeh take a boo you guys very much deserved........Kaimend esp you, never stopped singing

kaimendhibs
04-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Blooming hoarse today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killie-hibby
04-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Att: 11,877

To me ,seemed more than 11,877. ER's capacity is 20,250. Aberdeen had approximately 3,200 fans in the South Stand,leaving 8677 Hibs supporters in the East,West and FF stands. The FF with a 3700 capacity was half empty, say 1850. Theoretically the remaining 6827 Hibs supporters could have been seated in the East stand leaving the West completely empty. Is it possible Hibs dont include Early bird ST holders in their cup tie figures.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2013, 07:09 PM
To me ,seemed more than 11,877. ER's capacity is 20,250. Aberdeen had approximately 3,200 fans in the South Stand,leaving 8677 Hibs supporters in the East,West and FF stands. The FF with a 3700 capacity was half empty, say 1850. Theoretically the remaining 6827 Hibs supporters could have been seated in the East stand leaving the West completely empty. Is it possible Hibs dont include Early bird ST holders in their cup tie figures.

I'm really not sure where we could have fitted almost 8,500 extra people into Easter Road yesterday.

Aberdeen were a couple of hundred short of selling out their end, there was maybe 1,400 seats going spare in the Famous Five Stand, maybe about 3,000 empty seats in the West Stand and I'm not sure about the East Stand as that's where I was but I really don't think there were about 4,000+ empty seats in there.

I thought the attendance was maybe about 13,500.

Brooster
04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
The atmosphere in the east has been good all season to be fair but what was really good about yesterday was the 'Hibees' chants from the 'North' stand. Brought back memories so it did.

silverhibee
04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm 100% getting a season ticket for next year regardless if we lose every game from now until then.

My uber pessimist of a dad is getting one too. If Pat Fenton can put a smile on that old ride's coupon then he'll deserve a shot at my mother. The end.

Your a funny guy. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcyDWq-fO64 :thumbsup:

steviehibsleith
04-02-2013, 08:35 PM

He can get in line :cb

JIm
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
He can get in line :cb

Your already in the line :cb

Diclonius
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Have all the fans got back from the game yet? I feel as though I can't really comment on their performance until they're all back. :dunno:

scoopyboy
05-02-2013, 06:45 AM

This work thing isnae really agreeing wi you is it?

MB62
05-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Strangely enough, sitting in the East way down towards the FFS, I thought section 43 was a bit quiet for large parts of the game yesterday but did latterly hear some singing coming from the FFS.
Did think in the last 10 - 15 minutes though the three Hibs stands did give the team good vocal support.

WestEndHibee
05-02-2013, 12:25 PM
The first half totally sucked the life out of all 4 stands but through the second it was much better. Every save that Williams made was celebrated like a goal!