PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian v St.Johnstone next monday

pritchie
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
i have noticed this is due to be played next monday! why is this? is it being shown live on t.v?

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes changed for tv. Terrible night for football will be lucky if we get 8k

YehButNoBut
Live on ESPN :agree:

Mary Hinge
It's part of the ongoing process to completely empty every SPL stadium.

pritchie
04-02-2013, 12:15 PM
don't think that waqs well thought out could have played it on the sunday! like u say probably be a poor crowd as its a monday night and cant see saints bringing much of a crowd down with them :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
It's part of the ongoing process to completely empty every SPL stadium.
their doing bloody good job :agree:

marinello59
04-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Getting to a game in Motherwell on Friday night is easy enough but stuff travelling all the way to Edinburgh on a Monday.
I love Fitba under the floodlights, I don't really care which night of the week it is.

pritchie
04-02-2013, 12:22 PM
maybe hibs should consider cutting the prices of tickets for games through the week like this one! if it was for example £20 for an adult and a concession it would increase the chances of a bigger crowd! i can remember the time we played motherwell on a friday night at fir park when the floodlights failed it was £10 for an adult and we had a good support that night!

Diclonius
04-02-2013, 12:22 PM
At least Liam Craig will get a good reception, except when he scores his obligatory goal against us of course. :greengrin

Mikey
04-02-2013, 12:28 PM
maybe hibs should consider cutting the prices of tickets for games through the week like this one! if it was for example £20 for an adult and a concession it would increase the chances of a bigger crowd! i can remember the time we played motherwell on a friday night at fir park when the floodlights failed it was £10 for an adult and we had a good support that night!

And we'd sell more pies :agree:

Saorsa
04-02-2013, 12:30 PM
It's part of the ongoing process to completely empty every SPL stadium.:agree:

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
don't think that waqs well thought out could have played it on the sunday! like u say probably be a poor crowd as its a monday night and cant see saints bringing much of a crowd down with them :rolleyes:

:agree:

I'm sure they recently had a midweek game at home and only managed 2.5k so the chances of them bringing decent away support is 0

Mikey
04-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I would be surprised if Craig plays that night.

JollyGreenGiant
04-02-2013, 12:41 PM
School holidays, so maybe a few folk may be prepared to bring their kids along, since no school in the morning.

Thats what I will be doing anyway!

Hibs Class
04-02-2013, 12:41 PM
There will be more than a few regulars not there with it also being school hols. Our 2 ST seats will be empty - we made travel plans for when it was a Sat KO but when the game was moved it became another one we couldn't manage.

Franck is God
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM

Yesterday's price was £20 and it made no difference to the number of Hibs fans turning up, put to shame by the Aberdeen support which was outstanding.

Too many Hibs fans quick to use an excuse for not turning up, seven of our last ten home games have been on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm and only the games against Hearts and Celtic were there more than 10k Hibs fans in the ground. As far as I'm concerned the fans are letting down the club, not the other way round, if more had turned up over the Christmas period maybe Greg Wylde would have made his debut yesterday?

Just my opinion of course

hibee_girl
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
School holidays, so maybe a few folk may be prepared to bring their kids along, since no school in the morning.

Thats what I will be doing anyway!

Folk might be away though as its holidays, both me and my wee cousin are now missing it for this reason.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Yes changed for tv. Terrible night for football will be lucky if we get 8k

It's the Edinburgh school holidays, so we may get a few extra along, hopefully

Billy Whizz
04-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Folk might be away though as its holidays, both me and my wee cousin are now missing it for this reason.

The wealthy fans will be away on holiday
Ha ha

Teuchter Hibbie
04-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Saints home attendance midweek vs Aberdeen was around 2100. Minus the 500 or so Dons fans makes for a horrendous home turnout. Hardly surprising when the game is televised and the weather is rank. I wouldn't expect more than 200 to make the trip down on Monday.

3pm
04-02-2013, 01:19 PM

I wouldn't - and I reckon he will.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2013, 01:41 PM

i thought that at first, then i remembered scott brown scoring against celtic at ER in his last game before he went to them(iirc)

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
i thought that at first, then i remembered scott brown scoring against celtic at ER in his last game before he went to them(iirc)

If i remember correctly that was a meaningless game for both teams at the very end of the season, seem to remember the celtic fans also cheering when he scored obviously knowing that he was coming to them

pritchie
04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
in all honesty i hope craig doesn't play as i can remember him scoring a few goals against us in previous seasons

JimBHibees
04-02-2013, 02:04 PM

I think he will definitely play dont see any reason he wouldnt to be honest.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
If i remember correctly that was a meaningless game for both teams at the very end of the season, seem to remember the celtic fans also cheering when he scored obviously knowing that he was coming to them

indeed it was, st.johnstone are paying his salary for the next few months so they are perfectly entitled to expect the full use of their own player :agree: i think it's maybe just if a player is on loan to another club that a player wouldn't play against his 'normal' club :)

jgl07
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM

That was after Riordan had scored for celtic.

Brown was brilliant in that game.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2013, 02:22 PM
That was after Riordan had scored for celtic.

Brown was brilliant in that game.

he was, we should have just kept him :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM
indeed it was, st.johnstone are paying his salary for the next few months so they are perfectly entitled to expect the full use of their own player :agree: i think it's maybe just if a player is on loan to another club that a player wouldn't play against his 'normal' club :)

Agree and there is also a high motivation for him to play well as if he puts in a half hearted performance the Saints fans will be first to let him know about it.

cabbageandribs1875
04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Agree and there is also a high motivation for him to play well as if he puts in a half hearted performance the Saints fans will be first to let him know about it.

:agree: and if he does score i imagine his goal celebration would be 'muted' and if not....cancel the deal :greengrin

Gerard
04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
In a ideal World football would be televised on special occasions, such as a cup final or a semi cup final and perhaps a title deciding game. From a point of convenience it is good to watch football from the comfort of your house. The problem is that there are too many football clubs that need the certain money that tv income provides. As we all know our club has been vocal about the issue of televising football and the way in which games are changed to new days with usually little warning.

I would like to see a return to fewer games being on tv. This will not happen until the clubs that are tv money addicted can be persuaded to go back to getting the bulk of their money from fans and not tv.

Mr White
04-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Mondays are crap, at least next Monday there'll be something to look forward to throughout the drudgery of the first day at work of the week.

Hibee Ryan
04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
In a ideal World football would be televised on special occasions, such as a cup final or a semi cup final and perhaps a title deciding game. From a point of convenience it is good to watch football from the comfort of your house. The problem is that there are too many football clubs that need the certain money that tv income provides. As we all know our club has been vocal about the issue of televising football and the way in which games are changed to new days with usually little warning.

I would like to see a return to fewer games being on tv. This will not happen until the clubs that are tv money addicted can be persuaded to go back to getting the bulk of their money from fans and not tv.

:top marksThis!!! Or at least games that will get a good crowd without tv! Such as derbies, title deciders and major tournaments! Having a league game between two mid-table SPL teams on a Monday night is awful for tv. Who really wants to watch it on tv? And how is this good for Hibernian? Sky are bad for putting random games on Monday's nights. I think there is a league 1 tie on tonight so that'll have a poor crowd despite it already being fairly low

Bristolhibby
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
At least Liam Craig will get a good reception, except when he scores his obligatory goal against us of course. :greengrin

Keep the Faith.

We don't lose evening kick offs under the floodlights.

J

The_Sauz
04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Keep the Faith.

J

I guess you missed the league cup game against the same opponents in 2008 :rolleyes:

DH1875
04-02-2013, 08:44 PM
That season ticket has been well worth the money :brickwall. Just add it to the long list of bloody games I've had to miss this season :fuming:.

AlbertK86
04-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Keep the Faith.

J

Eh Ross County last week !!!

Sir David Gray
04-02-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm actually delighted that this game is now on the Monday as I'm off!

I'm working on Saturday so I wouldn't have been there if it hadn't moved.

I also don't see any way that Liam Craig won't be playing on Monday, unless he gets injured.

erin go bragh
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Gutted ill be missing the game , but delighted its on sky as ill find a wee bar in Fuertoventura to watch it ! Lol

Ggtth

YehButNoBut
08-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Didn't realise this but with this game being on Monday we will have played a game this season on every day of the week, just highlights how games get moved around for TV these days. :rolleyes:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibernian-look-to-take-advantage-of-tv-curse-1-2779858

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Didn't realise this but with this game being on Monday we will have played a game this season on every day of the week, just highlights how games get moved around for TV these days. :rolleyes:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibernian-look-to-take-advantage-of-tv-curse-1-2779858

I can't see the problem really, it's been happening for a few years now so you just have to adapt to it. No point in planning a day off any more just look at the fixtures and take the whole week off every time Hibs are playing, what could be simpler!

down-the-slope
08-02-2013, 03:32 PM
wont suit a lot of people thats for sure - however on this occasion its works well being half term holiday (normal week school night not good for girls) means i'll be there + 1...

Looking forward to it - like evening floodlight footie

hibsbollah
08-02-2013, 03:52 PM
My guess is an attendance of less than 9500, lots of families go away at half term...

Sir David Gray
08-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Looking at the forecast, I think the game may be in doubt.

The forecast for Sunday and Monday is for quite a considerable amount of snow in the central belt of Scotland so I wouldn't be making any definite plans at the moment.

hibs4thecup1988
08-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Better not be in doubt. I arranged for my annual leave yesterday haha

pritchie
08-02-2013, 09:23 PM
When was the last time we had a home game postponed?? Must have been a while back

Sir David Gray
08-02-2013, 09:46 PM
When was the last time we had a home game postponed?? Must have been a while back

Probably the pre-season game against Barnsley a couple of years ago.

3pm
09-02-2013, 07:12 AM
I notice Fenlon had a wee dig about the game being moved.

hibsbollah
09-02-2013, 08:35 AM

That says it all really:top marks

NOLA
09-02-2013, 11:36 AM
A free weekend and no hibs game :( times gone by I'd go along to watch meadowbank, looks like an afternoon with stelling + co.

LancashireHibby
09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Probably the pre-season game against Barnsley a couple of years ago.
That one was a shambles. Was stood outside the Four in Hand when someone passing by mentioned it was off and was met with laughter! Ended up spending the afternoon boozing in the Four in Hand with a great mix of Hibbies, Barnsley and Royal Antwerp(!) fans!

Hope I'm not considered a jinx if Monday's game is off!

whiskyhibby
10-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I hope it goes ahead even although I will be in Milan next week, love it or loath it the TV revenue is very welcome and no guarantee we would get it for a rearranged match

Billy Whizz
10-02-2013, 07:25 PM
I wonder what changes, if any, Pat will make for tomorrow's game? Clancy is touch and go, and Claros has been to South America over the last week or so!
Think Robertson may come in for Wotherspoon and possibly Doyle for Stevenson. Anyone got any ideas on what he may do