View Full Version : Vid of Deegan goal from the stand

The Green Goblin
04-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Just found it on youtube...

What a cracker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKCJ6ldPdns

spike220
04-02-2013, 01:51 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRJrqk0avfAJluMZZIYORlhw9L1GoKe a6eiVYIVWCTigDPDPLe

Gatecrasher
04-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Just found it on youtube...

What a cracker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKCJ6ldPdns
Beautiful :agree:

Kenny1875
04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Is it just me or does the Famous Five sound like a library in that vid?

DAVE1875
04-02-2013, 02:55 AM

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/36/81480522_5e3e31e089_m.jpg

EdinMike
04-02-2013, 07:08 AM
I love the fact you can here some bloke say "Hit it !" before he does.

That and they all rushed to Paddy :pfgwa

sparkiedelpaco7
04-02-2013, 07:22 AM
I love the fact you can here some bloke say "Hit it !" before he does.

That and they all rushed to Paddy :pfgwa

....except from Wotherspoon???

He just walked back to the half way line. ????

matty_f
04-02-2013, 07:58 AM
A sublime goal. Looks great from that angle. :top marks

ronaldo7
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM

:agree: Something going on there then:confused:

bigwheel
04-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't think there is anything up with Spoony here ...he actually started running to celebrate, then all the players ran the other way towards the dugout, so he stops sharpish...I reckon he simply changed his mind ...

ronaldo7
04-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't think there is anything up with Spoony here ...he actually started running to celebrate, then all the players ran the other way towards the dugout, so he stops sharpish...I reckon he simply changed his mind ...

Hope so...It would be nice to see him get a wee bit of form back in the run in. Maybe another goal against them:greengrin

s2hart
04-02-2013, 08:36 AM

Someone mentioned it on another post, it looks like he was loitering in the Aberdeen half as the rest of the team were over at the touch line in our half, so Aberdeen could've taken a quick kick off and went up the other end and.................Williams would've of saved :greengrin

I hope that was the case as the guy should be playing for a contract or a move since he's out of contract!

ALF TUPPER
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Great vid. Better angle than anything i saw afterwards on telly.

Not sure we were like a library in Famous Five. I think we were stunned into silence for a bit because Deegan had not just scored but fired in a cracker into the top bin. Get in son !!! Lovin it.

Jim44
04-02-2013, 01:58 PM

I actually think there was 'something up' here. As you said, he started to run to the goal celebration and abruptly stopped when he saw it was heading to Fenlon. No idea what, but it was an odd bit of behaviour.

OsloHibs
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Been away this weekend and First time I've seen the goal- Whaattttta goal !!!!

Cheers for posting :thumbsup:

Well done Hibs :pfgwa

Paisley Hibby
04-02-2013, 02:16 PM
I actually think there was 'something up' here. As you said, he started to run to the goal celebration and abruptly stopped when he saw it was heading to Fenlon. No idea what, but it was an odd bit of behaviour.

I think you're right. I'm sure I saw Fenlon having words with him on the touchline a few times in the first half - not surprisingly as he was having a very poor game. So maybe he had taken the hump with being criticised? Whatever, it was not good to see, especially as he even seemed to give up on a couple of passes he could have got to.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Too far for him to run...:wink:

Iggy Pope
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM

It is just you. The atmosphere in the FF was fine yesterday

Nothing like a conspiracy theory.

worcesterhibby
04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Someone mentioned it on another post, it looks like he was loitering in the Aberdeen half as the rest of the team were over at the touch line in our half, so Aberdeen could've taken a quick kick off and went up the other end and.................Williams would've of saved :greengrin

I hope that was the case as the guy should be playing for a contract or a move since he's out of contract!

He was the furthest out on the right and starts to run to celebrate but realises he's 30 yards behind everyone else and they are still heading in the opposite direction, so decides that it will be all over by the time he gets there...at least that's what it looks like to me....nothing to see here....move along:wink:

Carheenlea
04-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Wotherspoon was out on the right hand side when Deegan was surging forward, when the goal celebration started he was the only one apart from Williams who was not in the general vicinity to join in. Nothing untoward in it at all in my opinion. Great video, and filmed by Malcolm_Bogie, a Hibs.net poster.

The Green Goblin
04-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Wotherspoon was out on the right hand side when Deegan was surging forward, when the goal celebration started he was the only one apart from Williams who was not in the general vicinity to join in. Nothing untoward in it at all in my opinion. Great video, and filmed by Malcolm_Bogie, a Hibs.net poster.

Hope Malcolm doesn't mind me posting it. Just found it by chance and wanted to share, but glad the person who took it has been credited. Cheers Malcolm!

Carheenlea
04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Hope Malcolm doesn't mind me posting it. Just found it by chance and wanted to share, but glad the person who took it has been credited. Cheers Malcolm!

He is actually my Dad, and after the game he told me he had got lucky after switching on his video in time for Deegan's collectors piece. He probably left it uploading last night and I've no doubt he would have been fully intending posting it on here in due course!

jabis
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
spoony had words with the backroom staff(tam),to change to longer studs.This happened after 10mins,never got the chance to change them in the first half.

had he not held back,aberdeen could have kicked off as soon as all the hibs players went on the pitch.

an old head on young shoulders :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lord bunberry
04-02-2013, 08:44 PM
spoony had words with the backroom staff(tam),to change to longer studs.This happened after 10mins,never got the chance to change them in the first half.

had he not held back,aberdeen could have kicked off as soon as all the hibs players went on the pitch.

an old head on young shoulders :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Has this ever happened before as I can't recall a team ever kicking off while another team is still celebrating

wearethehibs
04-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Has this ever happened before as I can't recall a team ever kicking off while another team is still celebrating

http://youtu.be/TOAqGnbivBw

I know its not a high level of football but it has happened

Monts
05-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Theres the famous one, i think from Germany, where a keeper took a penalty, and as he is high fiving all his team mates the other team take kick off and stick it straight in the empty net.

Edit: Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTZArM1pcCA

DAVE1875
05-02-2013, 12:02 PM

I remember watching Rory McGrath's Own Goals and Gaffs, Preki scores for the Kansas City Wizards (Didn't say who they were playing), they celebrate too long and the other team scores straight from kick-off

lord bunberry
05-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Theres the famous one, i think from Germany, where a keeper took a penalty, and as he is high fiving all his team mates the other team take kick off and stick it straight in the empty net.

Edit: Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTZArM1pcCA

Cheers I hadn't seen that done before. Do all the players have to be on the pitch or just in their own half

Just Alf
05-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Cheers I hadn't seen that done before. Do all the players have to be on the pitch or just in their own half

Not sure...... but the clock's still ticking so if you're not in position it's your fault I guess? ...... also you see guys trying to hold onto the ball and end up wrestling with one of the other team who want it back to take their freekick etc. Mind you after a goal you normally have to wait on the Ref's whistle?

c31
05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Did Kilmarnock not kick off in the second half of the Cup final in 2007 when Jones & Hogg weren't on the park

Monts
05-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Did Kilmarnock not kick off in the second half of the Cup final in 2007 when Jones & Hogg weren't on the park

Think it was murphy, instead of hogg