PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene.

DH1875
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Was the first half really that bad? They must have shown all off 30 secs of highlights :confused:.

007 Mickey Weir
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Yup

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Was the first half really that bad? They must have shown all off 30 secs of highlights :confused:.

i made it at least 60 seconds :) and yep...it was very poor

WestEndHibee
03-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I stopped watching it for the last 15 and took arty photos on my camera as neither team had any intent of doing anything other than hoofing the ball to a tiny forward and waiting for it to come back. However there was much more fire in that second half and the goal was worth waiting for!

SaulGoodman
03-02-2013, 09:46 PM
If that was Forster they would've been ranting and raving about that performance.

Williams? Got lucky, shots were at his body.

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
If that was Forster they would've been ranting and raving about that performance.

Williams? Got lucky, shots were at his body.

it could be argued all the saves were good positioning by the keeper :)

PatHead
03-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Nish's header for Dundee is unreal. Never knew anything about it!

cam75
03-02-2013, 09:51 PM
I thought the head tennis was a joke,hibs and sheep tried to get the ball on the deck and at times the sheep done better.Cant see how they never showed the claros and Anderson shoulder to shoulder very funny :-)

DH1875
03-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Look like he had a cracking game all round though.

hibsbollah
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Delighted they gave us **** all credit, the comment about Williams' saves being easy ones by Jackie Mac was just laughable. Keeps the expectation levels low:aok:

Theres something disturbing about Rob Maclean. Someone that boring can't be wholesome.

LeighLoyal
03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
The negative tactics won't win the cup or get top six, Nevin is right.

Purehibee_MYB
03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
I stopped watching it for the last 15 and took arty photos on my camera as neither team had any intent of doing anything other than hoofing the ball to a tiny forward and waiting for it to come back. However there was much more fire in that second half and the goal was worth waiting for!

I can confirm that Highland Hibbee started taking artsy photo's on his camera, mainly of Jamie Langfield weirdly enough.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2013, 10:01 PM
All I took from that was how lucky we were according to the pundits.

Really fed up with the Sportscene "experts" going on about how lucky we've been after a victory.

We're into the quarter finals, how lucky is that!? :bye:

The_Todd
03-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Sportscene does the Scottish game no justice at all and doesn't help the profile of the game up here at all. Zero analysis, bargain basement production values. I'm glad I've got cable so I can skip right ahead to MOTD2 instead.

hibsbollah
03-02-2013, 10:08 PM

Really fed up with the Sportscene "experts" going on about how lucky we've been after a victory.

If a crap programme like Sportscene is saying nice stuff about us, we're doing something wrong.

SaulGoodman
03-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Did he just say Kilmarnock beat us at the same stage last season?

green glory
03-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Sportscene does the Scottish game no justice at all and doesn't help the profile of the game up here at all. Zero analysis, bargain basement production values. I'm glad I've got cable so I can skip right ahead to MOTD2 instead.

The BBC chooses to give more money to individual English clubs than it does to the whole of Scottish football. And we wonder why there are problems here, and Sky are obscene in that regard.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-02-2013, 10:16 PM

Aye. Amazing since they mention last seasons Cup Final.often enough.

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2013, 10:17 PM

yup, wrong way round the silly man :(

hibbysam
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM

He did indeed! Amateur programme!

It must have been a total nightmare we were on last season.. May never happened after all

The_Todd
03-02-2013, 10:36 PM
The BBC chooses to give more money to individual English clubs than it does to the whole of Scottish football. And we wonder why there are problems here, and Sky are obscene in that regard.

True that may be but it's still an abysmal program and really not worth watching.

GreenOnions
03-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Yes - it seems that they only remember the things in a game that happened most recently. They didn't really mention that Aberdeen had had no shots on target at all until about fifteen minutes to go.

Also - in view of the lengthy chat about how unlucky the Dons were not to get a penalty for McPake's tackle on McGinn - does anyone else agree that it's odd there was no comment about the offside given against Griffiths (clearly incorrectly given the tv evidence) in the second minute of the game? He was slightly to the left of goal but, because the Dons defence had been running out, Griffiths was at least 10 yards ahead of them and would have been one on one with Langfield. I would have put some money on Griffiths scoring.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Any mention of Mr Lunny looking at Ian Blacks hand gesture during yesterdays game at Tannadice? :confused:

davhibby
03-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes - it seems that they only remember the things in a game that happened most recently. They didn't really mention that Aberdeen had had no shots on target at all until about fifteen minutes to go.

Also - in view of the lengthy chat about how unlucky the Dons were not to get a penalty for McPake's tackle on McGinn - does anyone else agree that it's odd there was no comment about the offside given against Griffiths (clearly incorrectly given the tv evidence) in the second minute of the game? He was slightly to the left of goal but, because the Dons defence had been running out, Griffiths was at least 10 yards ahead of them and would have been one on one with Langfield. I would have put some money on Griffiths scoring.

Well Griffiths was in a similar position to the goal he scored against celtic, very good chance of him putting that away

hibby rae
03-02-2013, 11:03 PM

Does this mean we released him too early?

Sir David Gray
03-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Any mention of Mr Lunny looking at Ian Blacks hand gesture during yesterdays game at Tannadice? :confused:

:faf:

I'll crack the jokes.

Ultrabee1-0
03-02-2013, 11:24 PM
The funding and production for sport scene is horrible the football league show looks 10 times better and go into more depth in the games the analysis is a lot better and they don't lower the standards when they talk about the league 2 everything seems a lot more better and they give a non bias approach to all the teams! Sportsence is *****!

ekhibee
03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Despite the fact that Nevin does apparently go to Hibs games, and supports them, I have to say that on Sportscene tonight he was talking a fair to large amount of crap. But then that's just my opinion, and others will have perfectly good reasons to disagree. I can't be bothered with Craig Paterson on Sportsound either, he just spouts all the predictable boring rhetoric that they all churn out, and he, by his own admission, hasn't been to many Hibs games this season anyway. That's another one loads of people will probably disagree with too! I have been to all the home games this season, and sometimes we've played really well but we don't seem to hear much about that, it's all about how lucky we were, or the other team missed barrowloads of chances. One of them tonight as well said that Motherwell will finish 2nd in the league, they're the 2nd best team in the league apparently. Plenty of time to make these people look stupid IMO, not saying WE'll finish second either but it was a daft thing to say in the first place. Kind of rant over.

hibby rae
04-02-2013, 12:01 AM

Does this mean we released him too early?

The_Sauz
04-02-2013, 12:10 AM
The negative tactics won't win the cup or get top six, Nevin is right.

The old Glasgow Rangers played the same type of tactics and got to the Europa cup final and every pundit was creaming themselves :agree:

The_Sauz
04-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Despite the fact that Nevin does apparently go to Hibs games, and supports them, I have to say that on Sportscene tonight he was talking a fair to large amount of crap. But then that's just my opinion, and others will have perfectly good reasons to disagree. I can't be bothered with Craig Paterson on Sportsound either, he just spouts all the predictable boring rhetoric that they all churn out, and he, by his own admission, hasn't been to many Hibs games this season anyway. That's another one loads of people will probably disagree with too! I have been to all the home games this season, and sometimes we've played really well but we don't seem to hear much about that, it's all about how lucky we were, or the other team missed barrowloads of chances. One of them tonight as well said that Motherwell will finish 2nd in the league, they're the 2nd best team in the league apparently. Plenty of time to make these people look stupid IMO, not saying WE'll finish second either but it was a daft thing to say in the first place. Kind of rant over.

Paw Broon said that in his interview!

Hibercelona
04-02-2013, 12:23 AM
The show is cheap to say the least. But I can't really disagree with most of what was said.

Aberdeen may have only had 20 minutes, but what a hellish 20 minutes it was. On another day, they could have scored 3 or 4 goals in that period.

Disagree about the saves being "easy" though. I just think Ben Williams is a top keeper and positions himself perfectly time and time again. If he keeps up those level of performances, he could very quickly reach hero status at the club.

Mr White
04-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Would have liked to have seen the claros Anderson incident in the second half. Looked like a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge at the time.

Aldo
04-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Apart from Pat Nevin, the majority of the BBC Sportsound/Sportscene teams never give us much credit for anything. I really think they are Anti Hibs.

I stopped listening to Sportsound cos of that twat Preston.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-02-2013, 06:44 AM
Would have liked to have seen the claros Anderson incident in the second half. Looked like a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge at the time.

Another issue with sportscene

They never seem to show the game talking points that don't result in a shot at goal.

Very poor considering the detail and production of match of the day.

EdinMike
04-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Apart from Pat Nevin, the majority of the BBC Sportsound/Sportscene teams never give us much credit for anything. I really think they are Anti Hibs.

"@BBCSportScot (https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot) Still waiting on the Hibs highlights.. I know there's a bias against us at the BBC but at least give us the highlights ! GGTTH"

Still no reply or highlights !! :grr: By the by exactly 140 characters :wink:

Edit: They are up now as of 9am. Peer pressure much ?!

Jim44
04-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Despite the fact that Nevin does apparently go to Hibs games, and supports them, I have to say that on Sportscene tonight he was talking a fair to large amount of crap. But then that's just my opinion, and others will have perfectly good reasons to disagree. I can't be bothered with Craig Paterson on Sportsound either, he just spouts all the predictable boring rhetoric that they all churn out, and he, by his own admission, hasn't been to many Hibs games this season anyway. That's another one loads of people will probably disagree with too! I have been to all the home games this season, and sometimes we've played really well but we don't seem to hear much about that, it's all about how lucky we were, or the other team missed barrowloads of chances. One of them tonight as well said that Motherwell will finish 2nd in the league, they're the 2nd best team in the league apparently. Plentyo of time to make these people look stupid IMO, not saying WE'll finish second either but it was a daft thing to say in the first place. Kind of rant over.

For some time now I've thought that Nevin was past his sell-by date. He's gone from being an honest insightful pundit to being ' up his own ' spouting drivel on occasions.

hibsbollah
04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
I havent liked Nevin as a pundit for quite a while. He seems to have a reputation as a bit of an intellectual in the game, probably because hes usually sitting next to Rob Maclean and the like.

brog
04-02-2013, 11:57 AM

You're spot on ( & the commentator was pathetic as well ) but it was actually only about 10 seconds into the game & it would have been an easier chance than his goal v Celtc! Even if he misses, the whole game changes, there's a good chance in 1st minute & there's a crowd & player reaction. Instead the first half never happened!
PS, re Paw Broon, anyone remember him saying how lucky they were to win at ER in December with their only shot on target? No, thought not!

clerriehibs
04-02-2013, 12:07 PM
You're spot on ( & the commentator was pathetic as well ) but it was actually only about 10 seconds into the game & it would have been an easier chance than his goal v Celtc! Even if he misses, the whole game changes, there's a good chance in 1st minute & there's a crowd & player reaction. Instead the first half never happened!
PS, re Paw Broon, anyone remember him saying how lucky they werte to win at ER in December with their only shot on target? No, thought not!

We all remember . Broon is so bitter that he makes levein and jefferies look like sugar and spice
(But pretends he's the voice of reason)

number9dream
04-02-2013, 12:13 PM
We may be suffering from Nevin fatigue syndrome - the wee man pops up on just about every football show going!
He's right to say Griffiths needs more support but a blind man could see that.
Jackie McNamara seems like a thoroughly decent chap but is rather bland.
Pat Bonnar is probably the best telly pundit.

Elephant Stone
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
"@BBCSportScot (https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot) Still waiting on the Hibs highlights.. I know there's a bias against us at the BBC but at least give us the highlights ! GGTTH"

Still no reply or highlights !! :grr: By the by exactly 140 characters :wink:

Edit: They are up now as of 9am. Peer pressure much ?!

They hate Hibs too much to reply, everyone hates Hibs.

We shall overcome.

--------
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM

Well, the foul McPake was yellow-carded for would have been called as a penalty if the Main Stand-side linesman had spotted Alan Maybury playing the Aberdeen forward onside. AM was right at the far side of the pitch in front of the East, and if the flag hadn't gone up Brines would have called a penalty and probably sent Big Jake off, since by that time in the match he was apparently giving the Dons just about everything they asked for.

Pat Nevin did say that Williams' positioning was top-class and that he was very quick to get back to his feet after a save, which made his saves LOOK easy, when in fact they were down to his total mastery of the angles in the 6-yard box and his quick reflexes. It was only McNamara who was playing things down, and even he said that Williams' positioning was good.

BTW, I find that if I put "McPake" into the spellchecker I get "pancake", and "Brines" gives me the result "bribes". Odd. :cb

jdships
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Some interesting comments here !
Given McLean fronts the programme I very seldom watch it - long past his 'sell bty date '
Just use the videos on BBC main site/ I Player
I watched the game TV yesterday and wanted to see THE goal again so tuned in
McNamara acts like a latter day Shiels !
We were given no credit whatsover and this was compounded by ' Paw Broon' spouting about how the Dons have ' MISSED two penalties in two weeks'
Excuse me they had two penalties SAVED in two weeks
You miss penalties when you do not hit the target !!!
:rolleyes:

greenlex
04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Some interesting comments here !
Given McLean fronts the programme I very seldom watch it - long past his 'sell bty date '
Just use the videos on BBC main site/ I Player
I watched the game TV yesterday and wanted to see THE goal again so tuned in
McNamara acts like a latter day Shiels !
We were given no credit whatsover and this was compounded by ' Paw Broon' spouting about how the Dons have ' MISSED two penalties in two weeks'
Excuse me they had two penalties SAVED in two weeks
You miss penalties when you do not hit the target !!!
:rolleyes:
Two very dubious decisions to start with into the bargain.

.Sean.
04-02-2013, 03:47 PM

Correct, it's really amateur looking. Cringey.

GlenrothesHibee
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Preston and Robertson

theonlywayisup
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Not really a surprise, but why do they always have to mention "one hundred and XXX years" every time we play a game in the Scottish Cup. It always comes up in the first five seconds of any broadcast. Tell us something that we don't know!!!

Just Alf
04-02-2013, 05:01 PM

CHANCE!!!!!!!!!

Sigh...,, :-(

sesoim
04-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I woouldn't give any other team any credit for playing the way Hibs are at the moment, so why do any of you expect them to give Hibs any?

Personally, I'm quite happy they aren't complementing Hibs, because it might give Fenlon and co the impression that the way we are playing is acceptable. We might scrape the odd 1-0, but we will lose a lot more points (and fans) if this keeps up.

sesoim
04-02-2013, 06:13 PM

If you were a pundit, would you complement Hearts if they were playing the way we are playing?

I agree about Preston though, he would annoy me regardless of whether he was a Jambo or not.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
If you were a pundit, would you complement Hearts if they were playing the way we are playing?

I agree about Preston though, he would annoy me regardless of whether he was a Jambo or not.

The BBC wouldn't dream of allowing Rangers and Celtic minded pundits to make the sort of comments about the other one that we often get from the Hearts pundits.

GreenOnions
04-02-2013, 07:07 PM

I know what you're saying and it's hard to disagree - I do think many of the marks given on the ratings thread are wishful thinking. However, I think the thing that annoys people is the relatively unfavourable comparison the pundits were making about Hibs compared to Aberdeen.

Let's be candid - neither team played well in an attacking sense - but Aberdeen probably played worse than Hibs for longer periods and I think the tv showed stats with about 15 mins to go showing them as having had one shot off and no shots on target up to that point!

The overall balance of their combined opinion seemed excessively flattering to Aberdeen given that they offered either the same as or less than Hibs for the majority of the game I think.