PDA

View Full Version : Memories of the last QF at Rugby Park?

Iggy Pope
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Or at least I think it was the QF.
My recollection is the day the HIBEES BOUNCE came of age. Thought the stand was going to come down around us.
:flag:

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
My recollection is the day the HIBEES BOUNCE came of age. Thought the stand was going to come down around us.

You could feel it move. :greengrin

HibernianJK
03-02-2013, 07:53 PM
You could feel it move. :greengrin

i cant remember this game. but stayin semi on topic. the hibees bounce at ibrox 3-0 scottish cup game is one of those moments that will stay with me forever. unbelieveable

Capt Mainwaring
03-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Tam McManus late winner

BroxburnHibee
03-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Wasn't at the game due to work but was driving along the bypass listening to the end of the game when Tam's goal went in - my future wife in the passenger seat got the fright of her life when both my hands came off the wheel as I punched the air :thumbsup: :tee hee:

Iggy Pope
03-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Wasn't at the game due to work but was driving along the bypass listening to the end of the game when Tam's goal went in - my future wife in the passenger seat got the fright of her life when both my hands came off the wheel as I punched the air :thumbsup: :tee hee:

He come on as a sub IIRC. His leap and header was a thing of beauty.

SmashinGlass
03-02-2013, 08:23 PM

I was somewhere over the atlantic on a flight to Toronto that day. Didn't find out the result until the Tuesday! Was worth the wait :greengrin

Onceinawhile
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I was somewhere over the atlantic on a flight to Toronto that day. Didn't find out the result until the Tuesday! Was worth the wait :greengrin

We were about four rows from the front of a packed stand. I remember the noise and bounce when tam scored, it was unreal. Like some have said could feel the stand moving. Same again hopefully.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2013, 08:57 PM
And poor Tam didn't even make the squad for the final

davidw
03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Tam McManus late winner

...from Latapy free-kick. And a crap game and performance up to that point - so the omens are looking good...

givescotlandfreedom
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I can still remember how bad Mike McCurry was that day. Can't remember why now though!

skipster7
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
was at that game with the fishman and big Ecks laddie,brilliant goal and celebrations.Eck phoning his laddie on the way home with us all singing "were gonna win the cup " in the background.cracking day :greengrin

Saturdays Hero
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM

This :wink: that stand was rocking.

LeighLoyal
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I remember Latapy pumping his fist at the end, but it was one of his last games. Still love the wee guy whatever.