PDA

View Full Version : Well despite all the predictions.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Our season is far from over, we have a cup quarter final to look forward to, are STILL 4th in the league, any chance we could get behind this bunch of crap and actually support them to the end of the season?

Mr White
03-02-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure you'll get any replies from the posters you're aiming this at mate. They'll all still be at the end of season party they said was happening today won't they?

Hibees07
03-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Great result today, not sure about the comment about getting behind the team as I personally do nothing but support the team during the games. That doesn't mean I need to be happy at the performances.

Today was a prime example, we showed almost no attacking prowess in the first half yet for the first 15 minutes in the second half we were great, so why the difference?.

Aberdeen were really poor until we sat back & gave away freekick after freekick which was pretty stupid.

I'd like to see Cairney on the right & Done on the left so we can try and get crosses in the box & take defenders on.

Strange how Cairney refuses to kick with his left foot, he had a great chance on his left but tried a stupid flick with his right foot.

Anyway, good result lots of room for improvement.

Northernhibee
03-02-2013, 06:08 PM
blackpoolhibs out, Hibees07 in.

Heisenberg
03-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I was wondering myself where all these guys had gone, no doubt be back in force if we don't win against St Johnstone.

inglisavhibs
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Our season is far from over, we have a cup quarter final to look forward to, are STILL 4th in the league, any chance we could get behind this bunch of crap and actually support them to the end of the season?
Hibs supporters like any others will get behind the team given any encouragement from the team on the park. In the first half today the atmosphere died almost immediately as the supporters were subjected to what can only be described as dire fare, a team almost incapable of making any chances. Deegan's goal lifted the crowd as well as Aberdeen and the second half gave us some entertainment. Not for the first time this season though we relied on a mixture of bad finishing by our opponents and inspired goalkeeping by Ben Williams. The team that started the match can't and won't take us forward as a club so hopefully the introduction of Robertson and Done might give us a more attacking threat for the remainder of the season. Your sarcastic remarks in thread opener are aimed at the wrong people. Most people on here are regular supporters and are entitled to point out the obvious deficiencies in our team. Better that than burying you'd head in the sand and pretending all is well. We now need to improve in the next four weeks before meeting Killie in the next round.

Craig_in_Prague
03-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I actually enjoy coming on here because there are many honest people who tell it how they see it, everyone has different opinions on the games & Win, Lose or Draw, theres many posters who are able to see the postitives and negatives from our performances.
I have also been concerned by our form, which has been rotten for quite a while. Nonetheless we all want Hibs to win and many were rightly worried that defeat today would see our season fizzle out rater sadly...

As it is, loads to play for! Lets enjoy that no, this is a forum where all views make it worth coming on to read. Most folks are adults, good football people and can discuss things beyond a result.
Really hate doom n gloomer or happy clapper pigeon holes with people.
Prefer realists and discussing everything that makes us pleased or concerned, whilst everyone gets behind the team at the actual match!

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Well that's what's wrong with us, although sect 43 are trying to change this. Its up to us as well to encourage when the chips are down as well as when we are doing well. The constant negativity on here and on the terrace does spread to the players and does not help one bit.

ronaldo7
03-02-2013, 07:25 PM
I thought the atmosphere was decent today. The fans got them over the line again.:flag:

HiBremian
03-02-2013, 07:26 PM
The relationship between team and fans is mutual. 99% of fans give their all at each game. But as the game unfolds, if the players fail to reciprocate with even half decent football, the fans' backing starts to fade. If the players show commitment and some skill, the fans respond positively. Today was a case in point. That first half performance generated some boos at half time. But the goal, and the first 15 mins of the second half got the fans behind the team again, and we helped carry the team through. That's just how it works for most of us, happy clappers and doom and gloomers alike. It's called the "matchday experience" :-)

Northernhibee
03-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Well that's what's wrong with us, although sect 43 are trying to change this. Its up to us as well to encourage when the chips are down as well as when we are doing well. The constant negativity on here and on the terrace does spread to the players and does not help one bit.

:agree:

We're through to the quarter finals of the Scottish cup with a great chance of making the semis for the second year running and some on here can't wait to lay into Spoony/Maybury or whoever the latest scapegoat is.

If we do actually win the cup this year I fully expect the first thread posted here afterwards to be "Do we even practise throw ins at East Mains?"

Mikey
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure you'll get any replies from the posters you're aiming this at mate. They'll all still be at the end of season party they said was happening today won't they?

They'll all be too busy being "delighted to be proved wrong" to be on here tonight.

Northernhibee
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Here's a wee game for you, a selection of quotes from todays game. Let's see who can guess which are .net comments and what are Kickback or other Hearts twitter/facebook page comments.

1 - On David Wotherspoon

Cannae tackle cannae run back and help and head is constantly down

2 -
(Hibs) are AWFUL to watch

3 -
(Fenlon) is slowly becoming the new Craig levein

4 -
I just love to ask (Fenlon) how he expects to score a goal.... Scary stuff

5 - Before kick off

Dire team

Could do a lot more but not trawling through more rubbish for the sake of a wee game.

Beefster
03-02-2013, 08:24 PM
What I love is how irrespective of whether we win, draw or lose, you can always find some folk from one extreme gloating about it on here to the other extreme.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I can't deny I'm very happy tonight, and I make no apologies for that.

lord bunberry
03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I can't deny I'm very happy tonight, and I make no apologies for that.

I love gloating. Being proved right pleases me no end.

inglisavhibs
03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Here's a wee game for you, a selection of quotes from todays game. Let's see who can guess which are .net comments and what are Kickback or other Hearts twitter/facebook page comments.

1 - On David Wotherspoon

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 - Before kick off

Could do a lot more but not trawling through more rubbish for the sake of a wee game.

you could try and be a bit more honest and agree there's a fair element of truth in all these statements like it or not. Won't stop me supporting the team I have watched since 1963 but it also won't stop me wanting them to play better than we currently are.

Saorsa
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Fenlon out, Butcher in :agree:

lEXO
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
How about trying to enjoy the win? It,s a night for positive posts, lets face it there are plenty negatives when we dont

Fergus52
04-02-2013, 12:49 AM
D
They'll all be too busy being "delighted to be proved wrong" to be on here tonight.

This gave me a good laugh :thumbsup:

Graham Law
04-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Hibs supporters like any others will get behind the team given any encouragement from the team on the park. In the first half today the atmosphere died almost immediately as the supporters were subjected to what can only be described as dire fare, a team almost incapable of making any chances. Deegan's goal lifted the crowd as well as Aberdeen and the second half gave us some entertainment. Not for the first time this season though we relied on a mixture of bad finishing by our opponents and inspired goalkeeping by Ben Williams. The team that started the match can't and won't take us forward as a club so hopefully the introduction of Robertson and Done might give us a more attacking threat for the remainder of the season. Your sarcastic remarks in thread opener are aimed at the wrong people. Most people on here are regular supporters and are entitled to point out the obvious deficiencies in our team. Better that than burying you'd head in the sand and pretending all is well. We now need to improve in the next four weeks before meeting Killie in the next round.

Was about to comment until I read this response. Well written and just about covers everything I was going to say ....

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 07:55 AM
I actually enjoy coming on here because there are many honest people who tell it how they see it, everyone has different opinions on the games & Win, Lose or Draw, theres many posters who are able to see the postitives and negatives from our performances.
I have also been concerned by our form, which has been rotten for quite a while. Nonetheless we all want Hibs to win and many were rightly worried that defeat today would see our season fizzle out rater sadly...

As it is, loads to play for! Lets enjoy that no, this is a forum where all views make it worth coming on to read. Most folks are adults, good football people and can discuss things beyond a result.
Really hate doom n gloomer or happy clapper pigeon holes with people.
Prefer realists and discussing everything that makes us pleased or concerned, whilst everyone gets behind the team at the actual match!

Craig thats the bit i'd take issue with, i agree SOME of the football has not been the best, but some posters have made their minds up that EVERY game is now eye bleeding stuff.

Even yesterdays game was honking apparently, just read the match update thread, its very very funny, and surprise surprise quite a lot of them have disappeared, i wonder why? :confused:

khib70
04-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Craig thats the bit i'd take issue with, i agree SOME of the football has not been the best, but some posters have made their minds up that EVERY game is now eye bleeding stuff.

Even yesterdays game was honking apparently, just read the match update thread, its very very funny, and surprise surprise quite a lot of them have disappeared, i wonder why? :confused:
All this would be fine if it wasn't coming from a poster who was at one time the most relentlessly negative individual on the board, , and was known as "Doctor Doom". You got a lot of stick for that, just as anyone who doesn't hail this season as the dawning of a new Golden Age does on here now. I always conceded that you were doing that out of a frustration born of your genuine support for the club. You don't appear to make the same concession to anyone else nowadays.

An awful lot of this season's fare has been stultifyingly negative, and not very productive either - including the first half yesterday. Playing a lone striker isolated by a huge gap from a relentlessly defensive midfield, and making him chase long balls all day is never going to work.

On the other hand, as in the second half yesterday, the team has started to look more positive, retain the ball better, and support the front man effectively. That is progress and I'm glad to recognise that. There's a long way to go but there are good signs that we're heading the right way.

We're all always going to have different views on where we are and where we're going and we all have them because we want success and entertainment from Hibs, without having to sacrifice either one for the other. What is seriously annoying is that people are so quick to attribute ulterior motives to anyone who disagrees with their particular view.

Well done everyone who contributed to an important victory yesterday. Let's do that consistently and we'll get to a point where we can all agree we're where we want to be

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 08:47 AM
All this would be fine if it wasn't coming from a poster who was at one time the most relentlessly negative individual on the board, , and was known as "Doctor Doom". You got a lot of stick for that, just as anyone who doesn't hail this season as the dawning of a new Golden Age does on here now. I always conceded that you were doing that out of a frustration born of your genuine support for the club. You don't appear to make the same concession to anyone else nowadays.

An awful lot of this season's fare has been stultifyingly negative, and not very productive either - including the first half yesterday. Playing a lone striker isolated by a huge gap from a relentlessly defensive midfield, and making him chase long balls all day is never going to work.

On the other hand, as in the second half yesterday, the team has started to look more positive, retain the ball better, and support the front man effectively. That is progress and I'm glad to recognise that. There's a long way to go but there are good signs that we're heading the right way.

We're all always going to have different views on where we are and where we're going and we all have them because we want success and entertainment from Hibs, without having to sacrifice either one for the other. What is seriously annoying is that people are so quick to attribute ulterior motives to anyone who disagrees with their particular view.

Well done everyone who contributed to an important victory yesterday. Let's do that consistently and we'll get to a point where we can all agree we're where we want to be

I was critical in what direction the club was going, it was replacing decent to very good players with crap. Results were getting worse and worse, hence the criticism.

We got to a stage where we had one real relegation battle and a flirt with another. A new manager has come in, seen whats wrong with the club, the culture of the players and how low the fans were.

He's brought in new players, installed a different attitude, dare i say it a winning attitude, but the football has not been the best AT TIMES.

We HAVE played well at times, we HAVE had some great games, we HAVE scored some terrific goals. Progress IS being made, something I have been banging on about for ages, why would i not be happier?

As i have said earlier or on another thread, some posters are so set in their way they WONT see anything decent, and certainly wont say it. You could never level that accusation at me?

Progress is what we all want, its not quick enough for some. 4th place in the league, the quarter final of the cup, but we need to be playing like Brazil now.

All that 6 months after fighting a relegation battle, ridiculous imo.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 09:13 AM

I think we have been on same page on a few things over last few years and been on different ones, if it is ok with Mikey I am haapy about the way things are turning out, I made no secret I had massive concerns over PF and I still have some like I would any manager but thus far this term he has done a hell of a lot better than I first thought.

What annoys me is this told ye so guff (not by u I may add). Like PF has now been a success and thats that like he cannot fail now so its safe to say told you so, well its never safe or wise. Me and you were onto CC pretty early were there folk defending him? yes. Did I come on here and look for folk whom said he was ok? No.

It seems ok to gloat if its for a positive view but I think if things went wrong rather than critic fans who were wrong I would like I did with CC criticise him and employers. I get accussed of taking a positive post away, well maybe I have but it appears some others rather than be happy for the club are even more happy to comment on people who thought different.

Well **** it this is for you lot:

Told you about Calderwood "delighted to be proved right"

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 09:36 AM
whether we like the manager or not, we seem incapable of getting behind the club when its going in the right direction, because its not quick enough and the football on show is not Brazil like every week. Bearing in mind just where we were only 6 months ago? That's what I find staggering?

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
whether we like the manager or not, we seem incapable of getting behind the club when its going in the right direction, because its not quick enough and the football on show is not Brazil like every week. Bearing in mind just where we were only 6 months ago? That's what I find staggering?

I would say I have high expectations, even a manager coming into us last season I would be still be looking for a finish of were we are now. If PF had come in at seasons start I would be looking for a few places higher than 11th, he had 6mths to think about summer window so my expectations that a quality manager could get us 5th+. I wasnt sure he was that man and now for me it would be dissapointing to drop down any more places.

Some think he is ahead of schedule, I think he is where a capable manager should be at this time. I think if anyone had higher hopes than 4th then I think maybe that was tough call.

greenlex
04-02-2013, 09:54 AM
I think we have been on same page on a few things over last few years and been on different ones, if it is ok with Mikey I am haapy about the way things are turning out, I made no secret I had massive concerns over PF and I still have some like I would any manager but thus far this term he has done a hell of a lot better than I first thought.

What annoys me is this told ye so guff (not by u I may add). Like PF has now been a success and thats that like he cannot fail now so its safe to say told you so, well its never safe or wise. Me and you were onto CC pretty early were there folk defending him? yes. Did I come on here and look for folk whom said he was ok? No.

It seems ok to gloat if its for a positive view but I think if things went wrong rather than critic fans who were wrong I would like I did with CC criticise him and employers. I get accussed of taking a positive post away, well maybe I have but it appears some others rather than be happy for the club are even more happy to comment on people who thought different.

Well **** it this is for you lot:

Told you about Calderwood "delighted to be proved right"
Even a broken clock is right once in a while.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I would say I have high expectations, even a manager coming into us last season I would be still be looking for a finish of were we are now. If PF had come in at seasons start I would be looking for a few places higher than 11th, he had 6mths to think about summer window so my expectations that a quality manager could get us 5th+. I wasnt sure he was that man and now for me it would be dissapointing to drop down any more places.

Some think he is ahead of schedule, I think he is where a capable manager should be at this time. I think if anyone had higher hopes than 4th then I think maybe that was tough call.

I disagree, we were at such a low spot players and fan wise, I think where we are now is a huge success.

khib70
04-02-2013, 10:04 AM

:agree:That's pretty much it for me.

The point is we have played some good football, but not nearly enough. We have scored some great goals (yesterday for a start) but we haven't scored enough (or indeed enough goals of any kind). Only an idiot would say we've made no progress. And nobody has ever expected us to play like Brazil. I want us to play like Hibs - that will do nicely. I genuinely see signs that we're heading in that direction. albeit slowly. I hope it continues.

I also hope that people coming on here after every result, good or bad, to have a dig at anyone who has dared to disagree with them, will stop. Not big, not clever, not the Hibs way.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Even a broken clock is right once in a while.

Like everyone else on here we all have viewed managers even players and I am sure you have been right or wrong more than once as have I. I have had plenty right and wrong on here like probably everyone but as I said if its a positive correct its fine to gloat.

A broken clock is actually right twice a day which is not bad.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I disagree, we were at such a low spot players and fan wise, I think where we are now is a huge success.

That is were we disagree on expectation and nobody is wrong with that. You think mine were too high, I think some are too low and even some are too high also even for me.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 10:49 AM
:agree:That's pretty much it for me.

The point is we have played some good football, but not nearly enough. We have scored some great goals (yesterday for a start) but we haven't scored enough (or indeed enough goals of any kind). Only an idiot would say we've made no progress. And nobody has ever expected us to play like Brazil. I want us to play like Hibs - that will do nicely. I genuinely see signs that we're heading in that direction. albeit slowly. I hope it continues.

I also hope that people coming on here after every result, good or bad, to have a dig at anyone who has dared to disagree with them, will stop. Not big, not clever, not the Hibs way.

No thats it as PF total Hibs career including future has been decided, he is a success and anyone whom said different is wrong and being told so now then. These lucly ones will need to let me have a drive of their De Lorean.

PF is being succesful he is not a success until he leaves and we see were we are at over that time, PF is being succesful he isnt a succeess though as yet we could get relegated next year or finish 2nd.

Fergus52
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
No thats it as PF total Hibs career including future has been decided, he is a success and anyone whom said different is wrong and being told so now then. These lucly ones will need to let me have a drive of their De Lorean.

PF is being succesful he is not a success until he leaves and we see were we are at over that time, PF is being succesful he isnt a succeess though as yet we could get relegated next year or finish 2nd.

See, that's just not true. If our season was to slump badly and we end up 8th or 9th, nearly all posters would be critical.

However, when posters come on now, slagging him and the team off constantly after tremendous improvement from last year, I see nothing wrong with giving them a hard time.

We have had some dire performances and they have been rightly criticised. However far too many posters forget that in many games we have played some pretty good stuff to watch.

To say that fenton hasn't done well overall is nothing short of idiotic.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 11:14 AM
See, that's just not true. If our season was to slump badly and we end up 8th or 9th, nearly all posters would be critical.

However, when posters come on now, slagging him and the team off constantly after tremendous improvement from last year, I see nothing wrong with giving them a hard time.

We have had some dire performances and they have been rightly criticised. However far too many posters forget that in many games we have played some pretty good stuff to watch.

Exactly.

Hibercelona
04-02-2013, 11:16 AM
We've won 1 league game in our last 9. That isn't being negative, it's a statistical fact.

But there seems to be an issue with factual information on here if it doesn't look good in the clubs favour.

The tactics have been pretty poor from Fenlon lately and it wasn't until he got the midfield line pushing further forward, that we actually looked like we could string an attack together.

Griffiths up front on his own when the midfield are sitting too deep simply doesn't work. He just gets brushed aside by about 3 defenders who are under no pressure at all.

Fergus52
04-02-2013, 11:22 AM
We've won 1 league game in our last 9. That isn't being negative, it's a statistical fact.

But there seems to be an issue with factual information on here if it doesn't look good in the clubs favour.

The tactics have been pretty poor from Fenlon lately and it wasn't until he got the midfield line pushing further forward, that we actually looked like we could string an attack together.

Griffiths up front on his own when the midfield are sitting too deep simply doesn't work. He just gets brushed aside by about 3 defenders who are under no pressure at all.

We hit a bad run of form and weren't playing well either. I'd rather during a bad run we were tight and conceded very few goals than we get hammered each week.

I actually thought that yesterday (in the second half at least) the midfield pushed up pretty well and did what they were supposed to do in a 4-5-1.

I will admit when I saw the team I was pretty annoyed, however I thought it worked fine. We were tight in the first half and didn't concede any, then came out and attacked quite well in the second.

Diclonius
04-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the first counter-attacking, defensive display from us I've seen that worked.

Ever.

Fergus52
04-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the first counter-attacking, defensive display from us I've seen that worked.

Ever.

Celtic at home?

Mikey
04-02-2013, 11:31 AM

Given that it's a Hibs supporter's forum it's understandable that those who have an agenda and continue to criticise, despite the obvious improvement, will find people quick to defend the club :agree:

Mikey
04-02-2013, 11:31 AM

:hilarious

proud_and_green
04-02-2013, 11:33 AM

Dear God, has someone stolen BlackpoolHibs and replaced him with a easy going optimist!

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 11:43 AM

It is true, we are talking about people whom months ago like me said that Pat wasnt right man etc etc, now did I criticise him? yes absoloutley did I say he was a failure? No. Did I say he was failing? Yes. Thats my point.

Its as if if you said he wasnt right manager thats been proved wrong well it hasnt and wont be until we see final analaysis. Absolutly come on and slag off each other over individual performances etc, I made a prediction that he would fail and some think as we are 4th now then thats it all done.

Pat has done well overall absolutly he us being successful now, I am talking about people whom appear to have put a finality on it that its all over he is a success I was totally wrong all this long before tenure is done.

If we were 9th/10th now and I said thats he has failed would that be accepted? Course not, In reality I would say he is failing, we would argue it is to early in process and he can still improve he has another window and we would all argue the toss so we would argue about what will happen in future. So I think I would certainly get argued down from saying he was a failure of course I wouldnt agree :greengrin

We are 4th now would I get away with like above mentioning all the things that could go wrong instead of right to have us slide down league now and for next season? I do not think anything will go wrong but having that discussion would be as valid on principle.

The principle is exact same we would both be commenting on what lies ahead but its more definitive if its a positive it appears.

PF is doing well better than I thought and I hope that continues he is not a success or failure at the moment he is being successful and long may it continue.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Given that it's a Hibs supporter's forum it's understandable that those who have an agenda and continue to criticise, despite the obvious improvement, will find people quick to defend the club :agree:

Im critising you, not the team or club whom for weeks have been given praise certainly from myself I cannot speak for others whom did not like look of Fenlon early on with how they feel now.

When positive its definative when negative its open, that seems how you role. Should be open for both equally valid thoughts.

allmodcons
04-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Despite Mikey thinking this is hilarious I actually agree with some of your post.
Our current league form cannot be described as good - 10 points in 10 games ? I think that Griffiths is definitely suffering from playing up top on his own - 2 goals in last 13 games proves the point? I wouldn't agree 100% that PF's tactics have been poor because of the wins against Hearts (cup), Celtic (league) and Aberdeen (cup) but he is treading a fine line trying to make us 'hard to beat'. Dingwall last week was a case in point where his game plan went flat because RC scored first. After going a goal down, we offered absolutely nothing in terms of guile to work an opening and get ourselves back in the match and from where I was sitting PF did not have a plan b.

IWasThere2016
04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Despite Mikey thinking this is hilarious I actually agree with some of your post.
Our current league form cannot be described as good - 10 points in 10 games ? I think that Griffiths is definitely suffering from playing up top on his own - 2 goals in last 13 games proves the point? I wouldn't agree 100% that PF's tactics have been poor because of the wins against Hearts (cup), Celtic (league) and Aberdeen (cup) but he is treading a fine line trying to make us 'hard to beat'. Dingwall last week was a case in point where his game plan went flat because RC scored first. After going a goal down, we offered absolutely nothing in terms of guile to work an opening and get ourselves back in the match and from where I was sitting PF did not have a plan b.

I think Kuqi was meant to be that .. sadly he is not going to make an impact on a game.

Mikey
04-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Im critising you

Just me? Or anyone else who supports the club?

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Just me? Or anyone else who supports the club?

At the moment just you.

3pm
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
There's no need to have a go at anyone on here. That's why McDonalds employ people. :agree:

Mikey
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
At the moment just you.

:aok:

khib70
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM
And that's fine.

Unless your definition of "defending the club" (which no one is attacking in the first place) is responding to a perfectly coherent criticism of the manager's tactics with a laughter smiley.

The only "agenda" anyone has on here is the same as yours. We want a successful, entertaining Hibs side. Disagreeing with some of the ways in which the job is being done is not "attacking the club". That attitude is reminiscent of the dark days of Thatcher, when those who attacked her disastrous policies were accused of being, in some way, unpatriotic.

It's clear that attempts are being made to address the biggest problem - the isolation of LG or any other lone striker in front of a midlfield with a defensive outlook and little creative input. In the second half yesterday there was more width and imagination in attack, and it got results. The new signings are clearly aimed at improving the situation. I'm a lot more optimistic than I was a month or two ago, but there's no way I'll accept that turning a blind eye to our shortcomings makes anyone a better supporter than anyone else.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Now that the hysteria of winning has subsided slightly, I find myself recalling the conversation and feelings I had at half time. Back to reality, we're still pretty pish despite being an improvement on last season, when we were total pish so onwards and upwards I guess albeit pretty slowly.

Mikey
04-02-2013, 12:31 PM
It's clear that attempts are being made to address the biggest problem -

Correct.

Mikey
04-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Now that the hysteria of winning has subsided slightly, I find myself recalling the conversation and feelings I had at half time. Back to reality, we're still pretty pish despite being an improvement on last season, when we were total pish so onwards and upwards I guess albeit pretty slowly.

I didn't expect much else yesterday after I saw the line up. With Robertson and Done on the bench we were clearly in for more of the same.

Thankfully more of the same was enough :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
At the moment just you.

Dear oh dear. Get over yourself. Did you not want Fenlon sacked before the final?

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
And that's fine.

Unless your definition of "defending the club" (which no one is attacking in the first place) is responding to a perfectly coherent criticism of the manager's tactics with a laughter smiley.

The only "agenda" anyone has on here is the same as yours. We want a successful, entertaining Hibs side. Disagreeing with some of the ways in which the job is being done is not "attacking the club". That attitude is reminiscent of the dark days of Thatcher, when those who attacked her disastrous policies were accused of being, in some way, unpatriotic.

It's clear that attempts are being made to address the biggest problem - the isolation of LG or any other lone striker in front of a midlfield with a defensive outlook and little creative input. In the second half yesterday there was more width and imagination in attack, and it got results. The new signings are clearly aimed at improving the situation. I'm a lot more optimistic than I was a month or two ago, but there's no way I'll accept that turning a blind eye to our shortcomings makes anyone a better supporter than anyone else.

That is mine and I have different opinions on the process but thats it spot on, I wonder if Mikey can elaborate on what other agendas fans have as I cannot believe for 1 minute that every Hibs fan doesnt want the highlighted part in bold, I am keen myself to see what Mikey thinks some peoples agendas are :faf::faf:icon is at ready for this.

One Agenda on here Hibs fans wanting exactly what Khib says in highlight, lots of us going about it differently but believing our actions or comments are what will be right way. If thats not case I would be eager to see what other fans hopes are.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Dear oh dear. Get over yourself. Did you not want Fenlon sacked before the final?

I do not need to get over anything, perfectly fine here.

Fergus52
04-02-2013, 12:45 PM
It is true, we are talking about people whom months ago like me said that Pat wasnt right man etc etc, now did I criticise him? yes absoloutley did I say he was a failure? No. Did I say he was failing? Yes. Thats my point.

Its as if if you said he wasnt right manager thats been proved wrong well it hasnt and wont be until we see final analaysis. Absolutly come on and slag off each other over individual performances etc, I made a prediction that he would fail and some think as we are 4th now then thats it all done.

Pat has done well overall absolutly he us being successful now, I am talking about people whom appear to have put a finality on it that its all over he is a success I was totally wrong all this long before tenure is done.

If we were 9th/10th now and I said thats he has failed would that be accepted? Course not, In reality I would say he is failing, we would argue it is to early in process and he can still improve he has another window and we would all argue the toss so we would argue about what will happen in future. So I think I would certainly get argued down from saying he was a failure of course I wouldnt agree :greengrin

We are 4th now would I get away with like above mentioning all the things that could go wrong instead of right to have us slide down league now and for next season? I do not think anything will go wrong but having that discussion would be as valid on principle.

The principle is exact same we would both be commenting on what lies ahead but its more definitive if its a positive it appears.

PF is doing well better than I thought and I hope that continues he is not a success or failure at the moment he is being successful and long may it continue.

I get your point, no way can he be deemed as "a success" yet just because we are 4th half way through a season.

But the thing is, I don't think any of the "positive" posters are claiming him to be "a success" we just believe him to be succeedING more than some posters care to acknowledge.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I get your point, no way can he be deemed as "a success" yet just because we are 4th half way through a season.

But the thing is, I don't think any of the "positive" posters are claiming him to be "a success" we just believe him to be succeedING more than some posters care to acknowledge.

Im with you on that Fergy my point is some have closed case game over he is a success. Nobody is right or wrong yet no matter what side, the thing I think we are honest my views were honest in me thinking not good Im not going to just lie and say I think great. Im delighted he is doing well and do not give a toss about being right or wrong I just want us to win.

Stevie Reid
04-02-2013, 01:00 PM
When we beat Killie 1-0 at home at this stage last year with a pretty heroic defensive performance (with McPake being immense) I came on here and said that I enjoyed watching us defend, which was a rare thing indeed. I felt the same yesterday, it was an emotional rollercoaster and Williams' penalty save was celebrated as much as the goal, and every other save was rousing to watch. A great goal and a great atmosphere capped off a great day.

We have been absolutely dire in an attacking sense recently, of that there is no doubt - we played some really good football earlier on in the season, some of the best in many years, but it does seem a long way away now. However, as much as it is hard to watch at times, we are difficult to beat and competitive, something that we certainly were not for either of the two previous seasons. I can handle short term disappointment if I believe that we are going in the right direction long term, and I fully believe that we are.

It is only four days after Fenlon's third transfer window, and his success rate in the transfer market thus far has been good. I like the business that we have done in this window with the 3 loanees retained, immediate reinforcements brought in, and long term planning sorted in the shape of Liam Craig. The signings of Clancy and Liam Craig show that we are prepared to outbid other SPL teams and our financial position can only get stronger compared to everyone else due to the fact that we still (despite the opinion of many) attract good crowds to ER. I fully expect him to add more attacking quality in time.

I can understand people not being happy with the quality of the football at the moment, but the progress that we are making is undeniable, and Fenlon proved earlier in the season with his 4-4-2 formation that defensive is not his default setting. We conceded 6 goals in 2 games against Motherwell and ICT in December, since then we have conceded 4 goals in 7 games, so at least we are doing the defensive thing well.

allmodcons
04-02-2013, 01:03 PM
I think Kuqi was meant to be that .. sadly he is not going to make an impact on a game.

I expect he did make an 'impact' on the bench.

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Felon at this minute in time is a success, that could all change but I don't see the point of predicting it will?

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Felon at this minute in time is a success, that could all change but I don't see the point of predicting it will?

I think he will continue to improve.

bigwheel
04-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Changing tangent a little...I view that Fenlon has deliberately changed to more cautious tactics to be stronger defensively .. We we're losing too many goals in the first half of the season, and only our scoring rate kept us in the top half. It never was going to be consistently sustainable. I sense that he has deliberately taken a more cautious approach which has seen us lose less goals in recent weeks. It has also seen us score less. His response has been to bring in Done and Robertson , two more
forward thinking players into the squad, and one which gives is a more natural width option.....these changes won't instantly bed in , but to me, shows his understanding of what's working and what isn't

IWasThere2016
04-02-2013, 01:23 PM
I like entertaining football - who doesn't - but given the dross we've had to endure in recent years, I have moved on to getting results particularly in the Scottish. Another cruddy 1-0 at Killie will do me fine tbh - and if it takes another 270 minutes of dross to win the cup I couldnae give a eff! Let's just hope the better football returns soon though.

I've booked my cup final hotel room :pfgwa

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2013, 03:04 PM

Summed it up perfectly mate.

Its brilliant that our season is still alive cup wise ... but the truth is that we have been very poor since the new year and any positive results we have achieved have been more down to poor finishing by the opposition and good goalkeeping by Mr Williams.

Like ( I hope ) thousands of other Hibbies I was planning my trip to Kilmarnock on the way home on Sunday, but if we are serious about winning the cup or doing well in the league we have to address the issues which lead us to playing at home to an average SPL club like Aberdeen with one striker

I have been screaming for weeks at the midfield to get forward ( much to the annoyance of some of the poor buggers that have to listen to me ) but what happens when Deegan manages to get himself into the last 3rd, for about the second time all season ..... he scores a cracker.

So yeh ... its great that we still have the cup to look forward to and are still 4th in the league .... but we need to improve. Saying that doesnt make you a bad supporter ... or a fairweather one ..... it makes you a realist who isnt prepared to see Hibs go do the same road as the last few years by turning a blind eye to the obvious deficiencies in our overall play.

Mikey
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
That is mine and I have different opinions on the process but thats it spot on, I wonder if Mikey can elaborate on what other agendas fans have as I cannot believe for 1 minute that every Hibs fan doesnt want the highlighted part in bold, I am keen myself to see what Mikey thinks some peoples agendas are :faf::faf:icon is at ready for this.

One Agenda on here Hibs fans wanting exactly what Khib says in highlight, lots of us going about it differently but believing our actions or comments are what will be right way. If thats not case I would be eager to see what other fans hopes are.

So post after post after post criticising the manager, and asking for him the be sacked, isn't an agenda then?

Aye, ok :aok:

Stevie Reid
04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Its brilliant that our season is still alive cup wise ... but the truth is that we have been very poor since the new year and any positive results we have achieved have been more down to poor finishing by the opposition and good goalkeeping by Mr Williams.

The fact that we finally have a goalkeeper that wins us points/games is a wonderful thing. Football is about attacking and defending and sometimes your defending will win the points for you - I'm delighted, it's been a long, long time since that's been the case. In the games we have won we have finished better and defended better than the opposition - if they finish poorly that's their problem.

Our season is still alive league-wise as well, incidentally.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 03:46 PM
So post after post after post criticising the manager, and asking for him the be sacked, isn't an agenda then?

Aye, ok :aok:

Of course it is with the outcome for us to be the best we can which I assume is what you want but you have worded it in such a way it reads that people are looking for something else by asking for a sacking or hoping a guy stays, I ask you again what do you think people maybe like me are hoping when they disagree with you?

You are saying agenda as if me wanting rid of a manager and you wanting them to stay were for different outcomes when they clearly are not, we had different ideas on way forward. You have suggested an agenda as if people wont something different from an outcome I ask you again what is your thinking what would my agenda be for wanting rid of Pat or any other manager other than hoping we got a better one and moved on to where we all hope to be?

Me wanting rid of Pat post after post was me looking for the exact same as somebody wanting to keep Pat post after post, both wanting success thinking it will be acheived differently. It appears the latter is way to go and thats great im happy with that no biggy I may have got Pat wrong and thats no problem for me, i,ll predict a lot of things over years and I will be right or wrong. You used word Agenda as if some people are looking for a different result in their opinions, I am interested in what you think those results are.

Are you suggesting people want us to fail year after that are Hibs fans? Thats how your comment reads to me.

Mikey
04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Of course it is with the outcome for us to be the best we can which I assume is what you want but you have worded it in such a way it reads that people are looking for something else by asking for a sacking or hoping a guy stays, I ask you again what do you think people maybe like me are hoping when they disagree with you?

You are saying agenda as if me wanting rid of a manager and you wanting them to stay were for different outcomes when they clearly are not, we had different ideas on way forward. You have suggested an agenda as if people wont something different from an outcome I ask you again what is your thinking what would my agenda be for wanting rid of Pat or any other manager other than hoping we got a better one and moved on to where we all hope to be?

Me wanting rid of Pat post after post was me looking for the exact same as somebody wanting to keep Pat post after post, both wanting success thinking it will be acheived differently. It appears the latter is way to go and thats great im happy with that no biggy I may have got Pat wrong and thats no problem for me, i,ll predict a lot of things over years and I will be right or wrong. You used word Agenda as if some people are looking for a different result in their opinions, I am interested in what you think those results are.

Are you suggesting people want us to fail year after that are Hibs fans? Thats how your comment reads to me.

I've absolutely no idea what you're thinking.

3pm
04-02-2013, 04:45 PM
I like entertaining football - who doesn't - but given the dross we've had to endure in recent years, I have moved on to getting results particularly in the Scottish. Another cruddy 1-0 at Killie will do me fine tbh - and if it takes another 270 minutes of dross to win the cup I couldnae give a eff! Let's just hope the better football returns soon though.

Gonna stop saying that you've booked yer room! Get a ****in ticket for Easter Road tae!!!! :o)

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
I've absolutely no idea what you're thinking.

Well on Hibs wether I want us to sign a player or not, sack or keep a manager it is always with the hope that it is the right thing for us to the best we can. Do you think somebody wanting a manger sacked means they do not want what is best for Hibs because you think that manager is ok.

Look at Riordan I wanted him back because I thought he would improve us, some did not want him back as they thought won't. Totally different view to me but they will be thinking exact same as me on outcome it would be best for Hibs to sign him for me and them best for hibs if don't.

theonlywayisup
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Last season - Fenlon's job to keep us in the SPL (job done, Cup Final was a bonus that went horribly wrong)
This season - Fenlon's job to make us harder to beat (whilst not perfect, we do seem harder to beat)
Next season - Fenlon's job will be to add flair to a firm foundation (Craig is a start, there will be more to follow)

Mikey
04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Well on Hibs wether I want us to sign a player or not, sack or keep a manager it is always with the hope that it is the right thing for us to the best we can. Do you think somebody wanting a manger sacked means they do not want what is best for Hibs because you think that manager is ok.

Look at Riordan I wanted him back because I thought he would improve us, some did not want him back as they thought won't. Totally different view to me but they will be thinking exact same as me on outcome it would be best for Hibs to sign him for me and them best for hibs if don't.

Nope, sorry, you've completely lost me.

What exactly is it that I'm guilty of? Not wanting Fenlon sacked, or is it more than that?

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Nope, sorry, you've completely lost me.

What exactly is it that I'm guilty of? Not wanting Fenlon sacked, or is it more than that?

Your not guilty of anything on Fenlon you wanted him kept you thought at time correct and it still is.

It just appears Mikey and I am happy to be wrong that you have suggested with an agenda that if a view isnt same as yours such as mine on Fenlon 6mths ago that they do want same for club as you. I just do not get the "those with an agenda" remark it is like you think folk want some sort of failure Mikey.

Beefster
04-02-2013, 05:04 PM

As much as I like to know all about your and Mrs TQM's sleeping arrangements, that's the 435th time that I've heard about this ****ing hotel booking. Any chance of finding out where you're going for your summer holidays instead?

Northernhibee
04-02-2013, 06:27 PM
At times I find it incredible that some people are so devoid of joy that they can't hold off celebrating a hard earned victory for a day or two. Immediately after the game far too many can't wait to go slagging off Spoony/Maybury/Hanlon/Fenlon/Whoever is their target for that week.

If you cannae max out on a victory for a day or two before getting back into the doom and gloom (or realism as some call it) then why support a football team? When are we actually allowed to enjoy success on the pitch, if at all?

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 08:14 PM
At times I find it incredible that some people are so devoid of joy that they can't hold off celebrating a hard earned victory for a day or two. Immediately after the game far too many can't wait to go slagging off Spoony/Maybury/Hanlon/Fenlon/Whoever is their target for that week.

If you cannae max out on a victory for a day or two before getting back into the doom and gloom (or realism as some call it) then why support a football team? When are we actually allowed to enjoy success on the pitch, if at all?

I assume you are also able to direct your post at people who have a go at other posters just like the ones on at players?

Northernhibee
04-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I assume you are also able to direct your post at people who have a go at other posters just like the ones on at players?

No, most of the time when people speak utter bollocks on here about Hibs or will criticise the team but become strangely absent when we win it's deserved.

We get through to the quarter finals of the Scottish cup again and the first thing some people do is criticise Spoony for not celebrating a goal in the right way. What's the point of supporting a team if you're not going to enjoy a well deserved victory?

Too many people on here laying into our team then giving it the "Oh, poor me" act when someone pulls them up about it.

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
No, most of the time when people speak utter bollocks on here about Hibs or will criticise the team but become strangely absent when we win it's deserved.

We get through to the quarter finals of the Scottish cup again and the first thing some people do is criticise Spoony for not celebrating a goal in the right way. What's the point of supporting a team if you're not going to enjoy a well deserved victory?

Too many people on here laying into our team then giving it the "Oh, poor me" act when someone pulls them up about it.

Ok so you are as bad as them? As is me then for pulling you up, what a vicious circle it is on here. Great result and we are both on here not really mentioning the performance like the thread was all about.

Why not start a thread then on the performance instead of doing what you are basically moaning about and not really being positive, simply ignore it and start a thread enjoying the result then. Having looked through the sparse anount of postive threads on match I do not recall you posting, nor have I though but im not moaning about it.

Mikey
04-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Ok so you are as bad as them?

Them and us. Just what we need :aok:

Captain Trips
04-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Them and us. Just what we need :aok:

Indeed added to those with agendas its a right mess :)

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Ahhh....

Theres nothing quite as devisive on Hibs.net as a Hibs win ;)

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 07:28 AM
I suppose the answer to my original question is a no? :rolleyes:

Mikey
05-02-2013, 07:37 AM
I suppose the answer to my original question is a no? :rolleyes:

Your thread may have reached 3 pages but a lot of it is the same one or two people telling us over and over and over again just how bad things are. Wouldn't worry about it.

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Your thread may have reached 3 pages but a lot of it is the same one or two people telling us over and over and over again just how bad things are. Wouldn't worry about it.

Indeed Mikey with your first point in the thread having a wee pop at folk and nowt really to do with BH original stuff but I suppose thats ok though. I havent actually noticed anyone saying how bad things are.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Indeed telling us how bad some of the fans are eh.

The original question was, the seasons is not over despite what some were predicting, can everyone just get behind this team and support it through to the end of the season?

What then happened was we get folk telling us how lucky we are and how sheite we are. A simple no would have done? :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 08:01 AM
The original question was, the seasons is not over despite what some were predicting, can everyone just get behind this team and support it through to the end of the season?

What then happened was we get folk telling us how lucky we are and how sheite we are. A simple no would have done? :rolleyes:

You going to quote everyone else on the thread who long before me took your thread onto what having a pop at other fans and havent answered you?

I have said before we have had luck both good and bad we are 4th on merrit as in 1/4 of cup also on merit.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
You going to quote everyone else on the thread who long before me took your thread onto what having a pop at other fans and havent answered you?

I have said before we have had luck both good and bad we are 4th on merrit as in 1/4 of cup also on merit.

I only quoted your post, as you summed it up, the original post i made has not been answered once? I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
I only quoted your post, as you summed it up, the original post i made has not been answered once? I wonder why?:rolleyes:

I do not know why BH but by time I looked at your thread it had turned it what it is now, I may have carried that on but certainly did not start why it is here now, but I will answer your question but think you should have been quoting other posters long before me though I understand why to a point.

I am already behind them and for final push it would be wise for people swithering to even get to 1/2 games which could be a boost for next term. There are 2 things to play for so lets be right in there until end.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 08:15 AM
I do not know why BH but by time I looked at your thread it had turned it what it is now, I may have carried that on but certainly did not start why it is here now, but I will answer your question but think you should have been quoting other posters long before me though I understand why to a point.

I am already behind them and for final push it would be wise for people swithering to even get to 1/2 games which could be a boost for next term. There are 2 things to play for so lets be right in there until end.

Thats what we need, anyone who wants the club to get better and progress further, get yer backside down to easter road soon. And maybe, just maybe you can say you were part of the great Hibernian revival?

GreenOnions
05-02-2013, 08:17 AM
:clapper::clapper::clapper:
Last season - Fenlon's job to keep us in the SPL (job done, Cup Final was a bonus that went horribly wrong)
This season - Fenlon's job to make us harder to beat (whilst not perfect, we do seem harder to beat)
Next season - Fenlon's job will be to add flair to a firm foundation (Craig is a start, there will be more to follow)

To help "re-focus" the thread .... FWIW I agree with this post.

I think it's easy to forget just how far we had gone backwards prior to PF arriving. There are time lags before the effects of things become apparent - such as the one that resulted from Mowbray's departure. TM built such a strong squad ("bought" players as well as youngsters) that it actually took two/three years before all those players had left. Thus disguising decline for a time.

Similarly - I think that some elements of improvement will take time to become consistently visible. We have to remember how few of the squad PF inherited were even close to being of the standard required - as well as acknowledging the fact that he had to effectively waste longer term re-building time by bringing in emergency loan players to help us avoid the immediate danger of relegation.

It's true that we have a bigger budget than most but it takes time to offload those who aren't up to the job and to free up resources. Surely the key consideration is "are we confident that as resources become available to Pat he will use them judiciously?".

I think Pat has earned the right to expect our confidence on this point and, although it's frustrating that we're not playing like the Tornadoes just yet, I also think most of us agree that he has begun re-building in the right way - by bringing in strong characters and starting with goalkeeper and defence.

This summer we already have Liam Craig lined up and Scott Robertson will be bedded in by then. Kuqi, Kajabi and Galbraith will be leaving and this will give further budget to Pat to strengthen us in a creative sense. I am optimistic that Pat will be able to use this available budget well.

Hopefully he can help further by ensuring a good league placing and an ongoing run in the cup!

Mikey
05-02-2013, 08:20 AM
............. the original post i made has not been answered once? I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Because they're STILL too busy being delighted to be proved wrong :greengrin

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 08:22 AM

Or busy working on their hope we fail agenda, somebody who on lots of occasions talks about fan support by page 4 of a thread on it still hasnt answered it really.

GreenOnions
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Or busy working on their hope we fail agenda, somebody who on lots of occasions talks about fan support by page 4 of a thread on it still hasnt answered it really.

Aaaaaaarrrgh ............... :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Aaaaaaarrrgh ............... :rolleyes:

Great you in the clique as well, its alright for certain folk club? No arghhh for Mikey continuing? no of course not.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Thats what we need, anyone who wants the club to get better and progress further, get yer backside down to easter road soon. And maybe, just maybe you can say you were part of the great Hibernian revival?

I honestly think thats just about happened, looking at 4th just now I thionk we can at worst stay there and next season better that to where for me we should be. The cup that's anyones at the moment and cant plan for that but the revival is very much well into it's course.

I have said it before I think Robertson is a great bit of business on a contract as well.

cabbageandribs1875
05-02-2013, 08:53 AM
this thread has me all

http://6inchmove.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/smiley20confused.jpg?w=627

GreenOnions
05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Great you in the clique as well, its alright for certain folk club? No arghhh for Mikey continuing? no of course not.:rolleyes:

Not in any clique. I just don't know how to quote multiple posts :doh:

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Not in any clique. I just don't know how to quote multiple posts :doh:

Maybe start with the first off topic ones then :agree:

lord bunberry
05-02-2013, 09:35 AM

You have spent weeks desperately trying to reposition yourself after previously saying you wanted fenlon sacked etc. But you have done it in such a slow and long winded way that its been painful. You could have just said at the start that you were a bit quick to write of fenlon and you were now behind him and the team. We all change our mind about things from time to time but your u turn has been worthy of a politician

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 09:43 AM
You have spent weeks desperately trying to reposition yourself after previously saying you wanted fenlon sacked etc. But you have done it in such a slow and long winded way that its been painful. You could have just said at the start that you were a bit quick to write of fenlon and you were now behind him and the team. We all change our mind about things from time to time but your u turn has been worthy of a politician

Desperatly trying to resposition myself aye very good:faf:, nothoing desperate about quite calm and simple really.

Total p1sh, so you saw my first ever post on my saying I was wrong about Fenlon then? I think not as your post proves. as per part in bold why do I need to do that, do you decide how folk should change minds aye? Is that the right way to do things LB? your way or its not a proper change of mind?

I accept and have done for a while about Pat wether I have done so to your satisfaction isnt of interest to me I have done it but now me changing mind doesnt meet your criteria, dont give a toss LB.

From what I can see on MB there are still critics of players and manager out there even after win other day, maybe look to them instead of telling me about how I went about change of mind on Pat. In the back pocket LB. Why dont you go and have a word with those not happy with him or players now.

marinello59
05-02-2013, 09:57 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaargh.

There you go matey, you both have Aaaaaaarghs. Now could you both carry on in the style of Pirates, this conversation needs livened up a bit :greengrin

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaargh.

There you go matey, you both have Aaaaaaarghs. Now could you both carry on in the style of Pirates, this conversation needs livened up a bit :greengrin

Well one of us could be walking the plank soon. :greengrin

Mikey
05-02-2013, 10:54 AM

Is this some sort of nasty Hibs supporting clique?

Dreadful eh?

You're going to get some people on here challenging your position because it's a Hibs supporter's website. You know............. they support Hibs :wink:

Mikey
05-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Any chance of finding out where you're going for your summer holidays instead?

Glasgow. End of May :agree:

lord bunberry
05-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Desperatly trying to resposition myself aye very good:faf:, nothoing desperate about quite calm and simple really.

Total p1sh, so you saw my first ever post on my saying I was wrong about Fenlon then? I think not as your post proves. as per part in bold why do I need to do that, do you decide how folk should change minds aye? Is that the right way to do things LB? your way or its not a proper change of mind?

I accept and have done for a while about Pat wether I have done so to your satisfaction isnt of interest to me I have done it but now me changing mind doesnt meet your criteria, dont give a toss LB.

From what I can see on MB there are still critics of players and manager out there even after win other day, maybe look to them instead of telling me about how I went about change of mind on Pat. In the back pocket LB. Why dont you go and have a word with those not happy with him or players now.

You don't have to do anything to meet my criteria or do anything to my satisfaction. I'm happy that you have changed your views on fenlon and that you seem much more positive about the rest of the season. I was merely pointing out that it took you a while to finally come out and say it. As for others with misgivings about the direction we're heading in I disagree with them but maybe they will be proved right time will tell

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Is this some sort of nasty Hibs supporting clique?

Dreadful eh?

You're going to get some people on here challenging your position because it's a Hibs supporter's website. You know............. they support Hibs :wink:

Perhaps some don't according to you :wink:

GreenPJ
05-02-2013, 11:11 AM
As we would all agree (I think) football is too expensive these days and if you don't make the product attractive then a lot of people are simply not going to go or renew their season ticket. Too expect people to pay a lot of money and not be entertained for a 12/18 month period is a big ask.

It may be that this formation and hard to beat football is the necessary platform to build on to lead to a more entertaining side down the tracks but if that's the case there needs to be a recognition that a lot of people are not going to go along until that entertainment is on show. Perhaps the board need to look at some loyalty scheme whereby there is a frozen (or even reduced :cb) season ticket available for people who hold their season ticket for the 2 years that the building process will take.

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 11:12 AM
You don't have to do anything to meet my criteria or do anything to my satisfaction. I'm happy that you have changed your views on fenlon and that you seem much more positive about the rest of the season I was merely pointing out that it took you a while to finally come out and say it. As for others with misgivings about the direction we're heading in I disagree with them but maybe they will be proved right time will tell

You werent just pointing out it took a while, 20 games in is a fair reflection on the season thus far therefore I changed my view on him. I do not think thats a long time at all I think perfectly acceptable time to review from end of last season to then. I said it when I felt it was right to do so. I accept it being pointed out I changed my thoughts like weeks ago why does the timescale of it need pointed out? Utter nonsense.

jeffers
05-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I can't agree with anyone who says we haven't made progress from last season. I don't really care how we play on the cup if it means we continue to progress, but league-wise with this uber defensive formation we have gone backwards. We may not be conceding many goals but we create very little at the other end. Many posters say Paddy is building a firm foundation for next season with flair players to be added to those already there. I hope this is the case. But we could potentially lose the 4 loan players and have to replace them....so rather than building on what we have it could just be back to square one.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 01:20 PM
I can't agree with anyone who says we haven't made progress from last season. I don't really care how we play on the cup if it means we continue to progress, but league-wise with this uber defensive formation we have gone backwards. We may not be conceding many goals but we create very little at the other end. Many posters say Paddy is building a firm foundation for next season with flair players to be added to those already there. I hope this is the case. But we could potentially lose the 4 loan players and have to replace them....so rather than building on what we have it could just be back to square one.

Well just enjoy the misery now, don't despair at our lack of creativity, this time next season we will be back to square one? :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 01:26 PM

One thing I did say about Pat at seasons start was I was glad to see the signings were on contracts, yes we could be in a bit of trouble with 2/3 key players on loan but we may be able to secure 1 or 2 of them though. It all depends on what happens with loans for me if we keep even Leigh I think 4/5 players of quality will see us for the better, bear in mind we will get rid of some not required freeing up space/money.

jeffers
05-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Well just enjoy the misery now, don't despair at our lack of creativity, this time next season we will be back to square one? :rolleyes:

Not sure I follow you ? I meant if we were to lose the three loanees (not seen enough of Done yet) rather than building on what are good foundations we could be trying to replace key players with little money to do so. That's what I was getting at.

jeffers
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
One thing I did say about Pat at seasons start was I was glad to see the signings were on contracts, yes we could be in a bit of trouble with 2/3 key players on loan but we may be able to secure 1 or 2 of them though. It all depends on what happens with loans for me if we keep even Leigh I think 4/5 players of quality will see us for the better, bear in mind we will get rid of some not required freeing up space/money.

That's what I hope happens. I'd love to see Sparky, McGivern and Claros all retained (in that order) and new players in to supplement in the numbers you mention, not replace them.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Not sure I follow you ? I meant if we were to lose the three loanees (not seen enough of Done yet) rather than building on what are good foundations we could be trying to replace key players with little money to do so. That's what I was getting at.

What if we keep them, what if we replace them with better?

jeffers
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM

Aah get you. I'd like nothing better, I'm just a pessimist at heart.

JimBHibees
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM

I think it will be pretty clear who are options from the loan players and who arent e.g we cant afford to buy them. So no doubt PF will be planning already on options (we already have Craig, talk of Daly, no doubt others we dont know of). What is clear is that there are a number of our players out of contract also at end of the season so PF has a decent chance to get rid of players he considers are replaceable and bring in better. Given we have done pretty well this season I think we will see a number of changes in the team and actually consider that we will be in a very good position in August compared to a number of other SPL teams. Bit of patience required.

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 03:49 PM

I would stick with better the devil, these players are capable and good enough for us, I would rather Pat was looking at 4 players than 4 plus the loans we lose, Pat will not get every signing right so I would be happy to keep the loans and add 4.

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I think it will be pretty clear who are options from the loan players and who arent e.g we cant afford to buy them. So no doubt PF will be planning already on options (we already have Craig, talk of Daly, no doubt others we dont know of). What is clear is that there are a number of our players out of contract also at end of the season so PF has a decent chance to get rid of players he considers are replaceable and bring in better. Given we have done pretty well this season I think we will see a number of changes in the team and actually consider that we will be in a very good position in August compared to a number of other SPL teams. Bit of patience required.

Pat has to finish top 4 for me next season, I think a season and a half is plenty.

JimBHibees
05-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Pat has to finish top 4 for me next season, I think a season and a half is plenty.

Personally think saying things like that are meaningless. As long as he is building a strong team and squad and there is continual improvement which will leave the club in a strong position for a number of years I will be satisfied.

jeffers
05-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I would stick with better the devil, these players are capable and good enough for us, I would rather Pat was looking at 4 players than 4 plus the loans we lose, Pat will not get every signing right so I would be happy to keep the loans and add 4.

I doubt many of us would disagree with that. Like I said I'm a pessimist by nature but it's hard to build from one season to the next when you could be losing your best player and arguably two of your better ones. If we keep all three and add some flair I'll be one of the first to come on here and say I should have had more faith !

Captain Trips
05-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Personally think saying things like that are meaningless. As long as he is building a strong team and squad and there is continual improvement which will leave the club in a strong position for a number of years I will be satisfied.

Building a strong team will go hand in hand with a finish a strong team has to have a point and that point for me is top 4 and as far as possible in cups. I agree with what you say but its not meaningless.

sesoim
05-02-2013, 05:17 PM

LOL, I seem to remember you constantly posting negative comments when other managers were in charge. If Fenlon was a Glaswegian ex-Rangers player, say Bobby Williamson, as opposed to an Irishman, I wonder if your opinion would be slightly different?

sesoim
05-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I was wondering myself where all these guys had gone, no doubt be back in force if we don't win against St Johnstone.

And I wonder where most of "you" guys will go if we continue our low scoring defeat-draw-defeat type form in the SPL for much longer?

sesoim
05-02-2013, 05:26 PM

Where we were six months ago isn't as relevant as you make out. Everyone apart from Celtic lost loads of players in the summer, many of them having no money to replace them. Fenlon has been able to sign loads of players. Oh, and Rangers aren't in the League any more, which should have helped a wee bit (although looking at our results against Dundee.....).

Personally, I don't think we can complain if we finish in the top four, but our results (and our complete reliance on Griffiths) since November put that in severe doubt.

And our style of football WILL lose us fans if it continues much longer. Can we afford to lose many more?

sesoim
05-02-2013, 05:28 PM

Six points ahead of 11th?

Mikey
05-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Or 3 points off second.

Some look down, some look up. That's human nature I guess.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
LOL, I seem to remember you constantly posting negative comments when other managers were in charge. If Fenlon was a Glaswegian ex-Rangers player, say Bobby Williamson, as opposed to an Irishman, I wonder if your opinion would be slightly different?

Yip i did, WHEN WE WERE SHEITE, whats the excuse now? No idea why you bring up where the managers were born? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Where we were six months ago isn't as relevant as you make out. Everyone apart from Celtic lost loads of players in the summer, many of them having no money to replace them. Fenlon has been able to sign loads of players. Oh, and Rangers aren't in the League any more, which should have helped a wee bit (although looking at our results against Dundee.....).

Personally, I don't think we can complain if we finish in the top four, but our results (and our complete reliance on Griffiths) since November put that in severe doubt.

And our style of football WILL lose us fans if it continues much longer. Can we afford to lose many more?

We can all see very clearly how much drink is in your cup. :rolleyes:

Saorsa
05-02-2013, 05:50 PM
We can all see very clearly how much drink is in your cup. :rolleyes:nowt, I think somebody knocked it over :greengrin

Stevie Reid
05-02-2013, 06:00 PM

Given the 14 point gap that exists between 11th and 12th, being 6 points away from 11th isn't in any way perilous. If we finish the season in 4th place and 6 points clear of 11th, would you be happy? Conversely, if we were in 11th and 6 points off 4th, would you be making it out to be such a small gap?

Beefster
05-02-2013, 06:42 PM

Yip i did, WHEN WE WERE SHEITE, whats the excuse now? No idea why you bring up where the managers were born? :confused:

So it was okay to be constantly negative on here when we were really sheite? Didn't those teams need your support even more than now? Isn't it possible that the sheite teams' had even more fragile confidence and so were even more affected than any of the current team?

I think it's great that you're positive about everything nowadays but I don't think you're the best person to be pontificating about how everyone else should be ultra-positive too.

khib70
05-02-2013, 09:02 PM
So it was okay to be constantly negative on here when we were really sheite? Didn't those teams need your support even more than now? Isn't it possible that the sheite teams' had even more fragile confidence and so were even more affected than any of the current team?

I think it's great that you're positive about everything nowadays but I don't think you're the best person to be pontificating about how everyone else should be ultra-positive too.
:top marks Very true indeed

khib70
05-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Probably it would be, and so would that of a lot of posters on here. But you're getting a bit near to the real truth there.......

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM

You could be right, perhaps i was too negative when we were pish? Perhaps i should stay negative for ever then, even when things get better?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Probably it would be, and so would that of a lot of posters on here. But you're getting a bit near to the real truth there.......

What a load of pish, i'd have Harold Shipman if he was still alive if he had us winning?

jacomo
06-02-2013, 01:58 PM

I think we have learned that chopping and changing managers does nothing to improve our style of play. Changing the manager takes compensation money away from the squad, the new man wants new players who take a while to settle, and the pressure for instant results overwhelms everything else.

I would love Hibs to adopt Swansea's approach, where they define the way the club operates and the style of play (from youth teams through to the first team) and then find a coach who can work with that philosophy. But our failure to show genuine leadership from the Board room is hardly PF's fault.

Pat was fighting years of underachievement and a bad ethos at the club when he joined. He had a huge task on his hands and you have to say his team has shown real progress this season. That's all we can ask for.

Stevie Reid
06-02-2013, 02:16 PM
I think we have learned that chopping and changing managers does nothing to improve our style of play. Changing the manager takes compensation money away from the squad, the new man wants new players who take a while to settle, and the pressure for instant results overwhelms everything else.

I would love Hibs to adopt Swansea's approach, where they define the way the club operates and the style of play (from youth teams through to the first team) and then find a coach who can work with that philosophy. But our failure to show genuine leadership from the Board room is hardly PF's fault.

Pat was fighting years of underachievement and a bad ethos at the club when he joined. He had a huge task on his hands and you have to say his team has shown real progress this season. That's all we can ask for.

Fully agree with all of your post.

As for the bit I have highlighted, I have also praised Swansea in the past for their ethos as a club, but I suddenly remembered this at the weekend just passed - how different might their last 3 years have been had this not happened?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hamilton_academical/8812939.stm

The Tubs
06-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Fully agree with all of your post.

As for the bit I have highlighted, I have also praised Swansea in the past for their ethos as a club, but I suddenly remembered this at the weekend just passed - how different might their last 3 years have been had this not happened?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hamilton_academical/8812939.stm

Ha ha! Or this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8083654.stm

Stevie Reid
06-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Ha ha! Or this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8083654.stm

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2013, 04:02 PM
FFS Hibs, when is our season going to finish?

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Another month at least until our season might end, this is just not on hibs. Some people need to book their summer holidays? :pfgwa

Keith_M
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Another month at least until our season might end, this is just not on hibs. Some people need to book their summer holidays? :pfgwa

You just can't let things go, can you :wink:

That's me booked my flights from Munich and the hotel for the semi-final. Does Fenlon realise how much money it costs us fans to keep the season going so cruelly?

Fenlon out, McGlynn in.