PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Wotherspiniesta
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Williams- 10. Simply outstanding. One of the best goalkeeping performances I've witnessed.

Maybury- 7 Never put a foot wrong.
McPake- 8 Solid throughout. Unlucky to give away the penalty IMO.
Hanlon- 8 Very good again from Paul. Maturing as a defender.
McGivern- 8 Class player. Defends well and supports the attack.

Deegan- 8 Involved throughout, Cracking goal and run himself ragged.
Claros- 8 Brings a calm to the team. Would love him to stay beyond the summer.
Stevenson - 7 Can never fault his effort.
Cairney- 6 Would like him to attack the full back a bit more positively, but played with his head up.
Wotherspoon- 3 Weak link today. No excuses. Very poor.

Griffiths- 6 Needs more support but worked his socks off.

Done- 4.
Handling- 5. Nice bit of hold up play near the end.
Robertson- 4.

Vault Boy
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Williams- 10. Simply outstanding. One of the best goalkeeping performances I've witnessed.

Cairney- 6 Would like him to attack the full back a bit more positively, but played with his head up.

Done- 4.
Robertson- 4.

Pretty much agree with this. I think Deegan had a poor first half, and for that reason I'd give him a 7, but what a goal. :top marks

hibee_girl
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Williams 10 - Didn't do one thing wrong, he's simply amazing!

Maybury 9 - Solid game from him
McPake 8 - few shaky moments from him again but still pretty good
Hanlon 9 - His best game for a while
McGivern 7 - thought he had a quiet game

Deegan 8 - mostly for his goal because in the first half he was so slow and kept breaking our play up. Improved massively in 2nd half
Stevenson 8 - another good game from him, very composed, always looking to get forward etc, he needs to work on his shooting though!
Claros 9 - Great from him today, he would have got my MOTM if Williams hadn't been so heroic
Spoony 3 - awful
Cairney 7 - some great play in 1st half, thought he faded in 2nd quite a bit.

Griffiths 7 - found it difficult up front on his own but he still got stuck in and had a few chances.

Subs:

Done 4 - looked like he's got a bit of pace, nothing to suggest he's better than Ivan YET :greengrin
Handling 6 - done well to hold play up towards the end
Robertson 4 - didn't really have time to do much

stanton10
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM

Done- 4.
Robertson- 4.
My god ,that must have hurt you giving spoony 3 told yi ??

Hibs90
03-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Williams- 9
Maybury- 8
McPake- 7
Hanlon- 7
McGivern- 8

Deegan- 8
Claros- 8
Stevenson - 6
Cairney- 6
Wotherspoon- 5 - ***** today and he knew it.

Griffiths- 6

Subs - 3

Elephant Stone
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Williams - 10. What a signing. Love him.

Maybury - 7. Some unconvincing stuff in the second half. Decent performance overall.
McPake- 7
Hanlon- 7
McGivern- 7

Cairney - 7
Claros- 9
Deegan 8
Stevenson- 7
Wotherspoon 4

Griffiths - 7. It's hard enough being the lone striker without being fouled constantly. Got no help from the ref.

Half time tunes - 0 .

allezsauzee
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm not one of those who enjoys getting on Spoony's back but I think there was something not quite right today. Apart from his generally poor performance, he was the only outfield Hibs player who didn't join in the goal celebration. Seemed to be in the huff about something

Done- 4.
Robertson- 4.

ancient hibee
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Wotherspoon didn't join the goal celebrations-lokked as if he wanted to be somewhere else.

Baldy
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm not one of those who enjoys getting on Spoony's back but I think there was something not quite right today. Apart from his generally poor performance, he was the only outfield Hibs player who didn't join in the goal celebration. Seemed to be in the huff about something

I think he was being smart ... all the players ran out the Aberdeen half, if the ref had allowed them to kick off they would have had an open goal.

Spoony realised that and promptly started wandering around their half to make sure that they couldnt kick off before we were ready

Brightside
03-02-2013, 06:36 PM

Agreed. Was very very poor today. Head down all the time and no effort.

Williams superb.
Hanlon superb. One mistimed tackled but he got back and won the ball.
Deegan - scored the goal but again was 2nd to most tackles.
Claros - involved in almost everything. He puts in an amzing amount of work.

The rest were no better than average. Delighted to get through but we were really under heavy fire for a lot of that game.

Mr White
03-02-2013, 06:36 PM

We noticed that, was a bit weird!

allezsauzee
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I think he was being smart ... all the players ran out the Aberdeen half, if the ref had allowed them to kick off they would have had an open goal.

Spoony realised that and promptly started wandering around their half to make sure that they couldnt kick off before we were ready

A clever footballer? are you sure? :tee hee:

#FromTheCapital
03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Other than Williams I thought Claros was outstanding as well as mcpake. Maybury the weak link imo

hibbybrian
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Other than Williams I thought Claros was outstanding as well as mcpake. Maybury the weak link imo

What exactly did Maybury do wrong :confused:

Wotherspiniesta
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM

Really? I thought he was solid. Thought for a split second he was going to scream one into the top corner aswell :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
03-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Thought Maybury was very solid and done well to clear at one point in the first half with two sheep waiting to knock it in the net.

Squealing pig
03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Also thought may bury had a decent game, solid enough. Mcpake came onto a game after a nervy start. Wotherspoon posted missing. Hanlon terrific apart from one error.

SneakersO'Toole
Cannot believe people are saying Maybury was the weak link or deserved less of a mark than any of the other defenders. Nonsense IMO.

He was as good if not better than most and deserves praise not pelters. Thought he gave a very assured and professional performance.

Aldo

Bollocks re your comment bout Maybury. Think Wotherspoon was the weak link, never in the game.

What exactly did maybury do wrong. Played in a defence that kept a clean sheet and we won.

SneakersO'Toole
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Witherspoon on the other hand was shocking. Absolutely shocking.

I will shed no tears if he leaves in the summer. He will never make a consistent SPL performer for an aspiring top 4 SPL club.

Malthibby
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Thought Ciaros was motm until Ben boy did his multiple things. I'm a DW fan but he was very out of sorts today.
Still, onwards & onwards.
GG

wookie70
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Williams- 9 Excellent performance

Maybury- 7.5 Thought he played really well bags of experience but struggled a bit in last 15 mins
McPake- 7 Decent game but thoughted it was a bad mistake to give away pen
Hanlon- 8.5 Brilliant in the first half and very good in second. One mistake in the left back back area where he rushed back and made amends
McGivern- 7 Solid enough could have got forward more

Deegan- 8 Great goal lots of huff and puff but lost ball too often
Claros- 7 All over the pitch but lost the ball too often like Deegan
Stevenson - 8 Thought Lewis was the pick of the midfielders, some good runs and got forward a few times.
Cairney- 6 A bit quiet and although he looked to beat his man was well marked by their defenders
Wotherspoon- 2 Positionally awful, no effort on or off the ball. Should have been hooked way earlier. Looked like he may have been ill to me

Griffiths- 6 Not a lone striker but unlucky with the overhead kick and looked sharp when involved. Hard running with the ball with Anderson on your back

Done- 5 Got involved and tried to take a man on. Should have taken ball to corner flag late on
Handling- 4 Did well but little time
Robertson- 3 Not enough time to make any impact

JMac
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Wotherspoon was poor today and was the only one who didn't celebrate with the team after the goal, he just walked back to our half like we'd conceded. Everyone else got pass marks today in particular, Williams, Hanlon, Maybury and Deegan

wookie70
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM

You were at a different Match from me. Maybury was excellent up until the last 15 mins when Aberdeen got on top of us. For me he was running that whole side of the park as Wotherspoon was a man short today.Unsurprising he tired a wee bit towards the end. Not sure what you saw that made you think he was a weak link.

Wotherspiniesta
03-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Maybury- 7.5 Thought he played really well bags of experience but struggled a bit in last 15 mins
Hanlon- 8.5 Brilliant in the first half and very good in second. One mistake in the left back back area where he rushed back and made amends

Stevenson - 8 Thought Lewis was the pick of the midfielders, some good runs and got forward a few times.
Cairney- 6 A bit quiet and although he looked to beat his man was well marked by their defenders
Wotherspoon- 2 Positionally awful, no effort on or off the ball. Should have been hooked way earlier. Looked like he may have been ill to me

Griffiths- 6 Not a lone striker but unlucky with the overhead kick and looked sharp when involved. Hard running with the ball with Anderson on your back

Done- 5 Got involved and tried to take a man on. Should have taken ball to cornber flag late on

That would explain a lot. Certainly looked a lot more lethargic than usual.

LioNeilMessi
03-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Bollocks re your comment bout Maybury. Think Wotherspoon was the weak link, never in the game.

What exactly did maybury do wrong. Played in a defence that kept a clean sheet and we won.

:agree: I thought Maybury was in contention for our MOTM until Williams made those saves.

TrinityHibs
03-02-2013, 07:03 PM

So few words so much stupidity. You have to be on the wind up he was one of our better players today. Felt a bit sorry for Deegan as that was one of the very few times he might have got MOM for his goal.

Pretty Boy
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
It's funny what a win does. The match updates thread had us as pish, terrible, dire etc. Now almost every player is on 8s and 9s!

Not a criticism of any posters as we were miles better in the 2nd half. Just shows the difference a 30 yard screamer and a penalty save make.

HibeeSince85
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Williams 10

Maybury 6
McPake 8
Hanlon 7
McGivern 6

Spoony 5
Deegan 7
Claros 6
Stevenson 6
Cairney 6

Griffiths 6

We weren't great, we're still so slow going forward and we still lacked creativity but our keeper is outstanding and we're in the quarter's of the Scottish. Paddy needs to work on coaching the team on how to break with the ball and create though.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2013, 07:13 PM

I though Maybury had a cracking match. Really happy with his performance

greenlex
03-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Done- 4.
Robertson- 4.
If you had given Stevenson and Maybury (who I thought after Williams was a candidate for MOTM) mor eI wouldnt have disagreed with much of that.

Shrekko
03-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Maybury was almost perfect today. Stunned to see him being criticised... or am I?

Badabing
03-02-2013, 07:25 PM
It's funny what a win does. The match updates thread had us as pish, terrible, dire etc. Now almost every player is on 8s and 9s!

Not a criticism of any posters as we were miles better in the 2nd half. Just shows ther difference a 30 yard screamer and a penalty save make.

I agree we were honking in the 1st half but I thought we played Ok in the 1st half hour of the second half.

The Voice Of Reason
03-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybury was almost perfect today. Stunned to see him being criticised... or am I?

I think there is only one poster who has criticised maybury!

I thought maybury was solid today - played well.

As for Wotherspoon - that was the worst performance I have ever seen from a hibs player - embarrassment. Mr Fenlon - please drop him.

hibs4thecup1988
03-02-2013, 07:28 PM

Un fricking believable. I thought Maybury was brilliant today. got his foot in won headers had a few runs.

Weak link :faf:

MOM obviously Williams...but I thought Hanlon was superb today

God Petrie
03-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Why was Doyle not even on the bench today?

Andy74
03-02-2013, 07:30 PM

Maybury was superb today.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
I dont get how we were honking in the first half? Both teams were going at it toe to toe, each player trying to win his individual battles. If we were honking, surely we should have been behind?

It was a typical cup game, with both teams not wanting to give anything away. The game opened up in the 2nd half, mainly because we scored, but also through tiredness and them pushing on needing a goal.

It seems to me if we are not winning, then its slaughter the team time these days? :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
03-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Why was Doyle not even on the bench today?

I spoke to Doyle after the game - he was not injured today and did not look too happy!

I would not be happy either if I was our second top scorer and Wotherspoon was in the team before me !

wookie70
03-02-2013, 07:37 PM
As for Wotherspoon - that was the worst performance I have ever seen from a hibs player - embarrassment. Mr Fenlon - please drop him.

Joe Tortolano at Ibrox years ago was worse. Loved the Evening News markings Tortolano - 1 - Nightmare

Mind you Joe put a lot more effort than Wotherspoon did today. Joe cost us the game that day though and Spoony didn't today as he had a rock solid right back behind him

I think Spoony has some quality but something wasn't right today. I have rarely seen a professional put as little effort in as that and I can only assume something was up with him. How he came out for the second half only Paddy knows.

3pm
03-02-2013, 07:38 PM
BH - We were competitive but I felt we were quite deep. There was too much distance between the midfield and Griffiths and the ball kept coming back.

Did we do enough to support Leigh? Prob not.

Far better offensively in the 2nd, got closer / more support. IMO of course.

IWasThere2016
03-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Cannot believe people are saying Maybury was the weak link or deserved less of a mark than any of the other defenders. Nonsense IMO.

He was as good if not better than most and deserves praise not pelters. Thought he gave a very assured and professional performance.

Yup - don't rate Maybury one bit but he played well today. Spoony was poorest today by some way..

J-C
03-02-2013, 07:39 PM

Done- 4.
Robertson- 4.

:thumbsup::top marks

RoxburghHibs
03-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Williams- 9 Excellent performance MOM
Maybury- 7 Some very intellegent play. Thought he was solid.
McPake- 7 Starting to look like the player of last season. harsh penalty award against him and booking.
Hanlon- 7 Solid today with just one slip.
McGivern- 7 Another intellegant player and battled well today.

Deegan- 7 Great goal. I actually thought he was poor in the first half but much better after the goal.
Claros- 8 I thought he was our best midfield player today.
Stevenson - 6 Gave his usual 100% solid performance.
Cairney- 5 Was poor in the first half and better in the 2nd. Not much came off for him.
Wotherspoon- 4 Awfult first half, slightly better in the second but still very poor today.

Griffiths- 6 Very little service. Had one stunning effort and gave his all throughout.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2013, 07:46 PM
BH - We were competitive but I felt we were quite deep. There was too much distance between the midfield and Griffiths and the ball kept coming back.

Did we do enough to support Leigh? Prob not.

Far better offensively in the 2nd, got closer / more support. IMO of course.

I'd agree with that, but we were competing all over the park. As i said, it seems to me if we are not winning games we are honking, yet we win today and we are the dogs danglies again?

When the truth is, we are somewhere in between, but what is abundantly clear is we ARE up for a battle now. :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Oh well it appears that my opinion is invalid sorry hibs.net. Long live Alan maybury you were man of the match

3pm
03-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I'd agree with that, but we were competing all over the park. As i said, it seems to me if we are not winning games we are honking, yet we win today and we are the dogs danglies again?

When the truth is, we are somewhere in between, but what is abundantly clear is we ARE up for a battle now. :greengrin

Correct. It was defo an in between for me.

Nice to get wired in though, makes a huge difference.

greenlex

Amen. I think we have enough to progress at the expense of Killie even if we need to bring them back up the road to do it. For now though lets get 3 pts on Monday next week.

blackpoolhibs
Oh well it appears that my opinion is invalid sorry hibs.net. Long love Alan maybury you were man of the match

He was not man of the match, but he got a good 8/10 from me.

S.sct
03-02-2013, 08:04 PM

Have a word, Mabury was one of our better players today.

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Dear Mr fenlon and Mr petrie, give ben williams more dosh and get the guy on a long-term contract NOW...not in a few months time.... NOWWWWW

that is all ta

J-C
03-02-2013, 08:06 PM
What exactly did Maybury do wrong :confused:

Probably slept with his missus. :greengrin

Fergus52
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Oh well it appears that my opinion is invalid sorry hibs.net. Long live Alan maybury you were man of the match

Not having a go, but Maybury deserves no criticism for today.

He let Pawlett beat him easily once or twice and apart from that I thought he played excellent.

Players shouldn't be scapegoated so easily, especially not our own.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM

I cannae believe you actually think that :confused:

Williams
Hanlon
Maybury

Best today in that order

woodythehibee
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I though Maybury had a cracking match. Really happy with his performance

:agree: Very good performance from Teddy today.

shetlandhibee
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Williams 100

Maybury 8
Hanlon 9
Mcpake 9
Stevenson 8

Wotherspoon 4
Deegan 10 (robertson 7)
Claros 10
Cairney 8 (done 6)

Griffiths 8 (handling 8)

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2013, 08:17 PM
oh aye, and that boy claros has a bit of talent as well :)

AlbertK86
03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Williams - 10

Maybury 8.5
McPake 7
Hanlon 9
McGivern 8.5

Claros 8.5
Deegan 7.5
Stevenson 8

Spoon 1
Cairney 7

Griffiths 7.5

Jonnyboy
03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Williams 100

Maybury 8
Hanlon 9
Mcpake 9
Stevenson 8

Wotherspoon 4
Deegan 10 (robertson 7)
Claros 10
Cairney 8 (done 6)

Griffiths 8 (handling 8)

Take it you didn't rate McGivern then? :wink: :greengrin

ronaldo7
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Williams
Hanlon
Maybury
Claros.

Special mention for Deegan for a fantastic goal.

Benny Brazil
03-02-2013, 08:41 PM

Wotherspoon- 2 Positionally awful, no effort on or off the ball. Should have been hooked way earlier. Looked like he may have been ill to meGriffiths- 6 Not a lone striker but unlucky with the overhead kick and looked sharp when involved. Hard running with the ball with Anderson on your back

Done- 5 Got involved and tried to take a man on. Should have taken ball to corner flag late on

Saw him at one point in the first half and he was dripping with sweat and looked knackered - would add weight to him not being well.

Maybury was solid throughout - I criticised him after the Hertz SC win but today he was good - had a tougher challenge against Pawlett but apart letting him get past on a couple of occassions he handled him well.
Williams was excellent - his positioning is the key to the saves he makes - his penalty save was simply superb.

bingo70
03-02-2013, 08:49 PM
I regularly point out how I don't rate him so its only fair to mention it when he does well but I Thought Stevenson had a terrific second half.

Was great to see him driving forward and taking a chance now and again instead of always going for the safe ball, couple of attempts at goal as well which is totally unlike him, good though, hope he builds on that and starts to add goals to his game as with a bit more confidence and composure I think he could be a good box to box midfielder.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Williams - 9.5 Best Hibs goalkeeper for many years. Stunning display.

McGivern - 7.5 Very good performance, kept Hayes and McGinn quite quiet for most of the game.
Hanlon - 8 Brilliant performance, barely put a foot wrong for the whole game and got his head on just about everything. If it hadn't been for Williams, he was man of the match.
McPake - 7.5 Formed part of an excellent defence and, like Hanlon, rarely did anything wrong.
Maybury - 7 Don't see why anyone would be saying anything negative about him after today. I thought he was solid and did what would have been expected of him.

Claros - 8 Very good performance in midfield, rarely gave away possession and put in some excellent tackles.
Deegan - 7 Average first half but what a brilliant goal that was. Not sure he'll score a better goal than that for the rest of his career.
Cairney - 6 Not involved a great deal, particularly in the first half but I thought he was another one who improved after the break.
Stevenson - 6 He's certainly someone who is up for a battle and has very good ball retention.
Wotherspoon - 4 Poor afternoon for him, nothing really came off.

Griffiths - 7 Must have been really frustrated at his lack of involvement in the first half, much better in the second half and almost scored a goal that would have overshadowed Deegan's strike. Caught offside an awful lot.

Jonnyboy
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
I regularly point out how I don't rate him so its only fair to mention it when he does well but I Thought Stevenson had a terrific second half.

Was great to see him driving forward and taking a chance now and again instead of always going for the safe ball, couple of attempts at goal as well which is totally unlike him, good though, hope he builds on that and starts to add goals to his game as with a bit more confidence and composure I think he could be a good box to box midfielder.

<<<< fainted smiley >>>>

:greengrin

hibsbollah
03-02-2013, 08:53 PM

Who are you and what have you done with the real bingo70? :grr:

number9dream
03-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Lots of 9s and even a few 10s! Are we forgetting that abysmal first half? The team played well for 15 - 20 mins after the interval.
Williams was tremendous in the last quarter, Hanlon, McGivern & Maybury solid throughout.
McPake lacks composure and could easily have conceded another pen when he went through the back of somebody.
Wotherspoon & Cairney were poor.
Lots of graft but lack of creativity remains a worry...

bingo70
03-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Who are you and what have you done with the real bingo70? :grr:

Wonder if its maybe because I never had a pint before the game today?

In fairness though, I've always said my issue with him is that he didn't offer the defence protection and he didn't offer any threat going forward so just always thought he was a bit pointless, I've also always said he's a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive one and with all his energy he should be able to get up to the opposition box more often.

Today I think he did that so credit where credits due.

paulhfc88
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Williams 10 - Didn't have much to do until the last half an hour but when called upon he delivered.

Maybury 9 - Cant fault his performance today
Hanlon 9 - Can't remember him missing a header, won everything. One mistakes that he made could have been costly but thankfully it wasn't
McPake 8 - There when required cleared up
McGivern 9 - Won numerous headers on the left hand side from goal kicks and didn't put a foot wrong defensively. Always looking to get forward

Claros 9 - Controlled the middle of the park brillantly
Deegan 7 - Poor 1st half but got involved more in the 2nd. Great Goal too
Stevenson 8 - Does what you expect from him every week, even took a few players on

Wotherspoon 6 - Nothing went right for him today
Cairney 7 - Had a few good touches, linked up well with McGivern on occasions

Griffiths 7 - Worked his socks off but not enough support

I also would like to mention how easily other players get past our wingers (Cairney,Spoony), They just seem to let them past or are they too scared to make a challenge.

jdships
03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Have read most of the posts on this thread and think there is pretty broad agreement on individual performances
I watched the game on TV and perhaps that means you see things from a different perspective but would make these comments

Williams - words fail me : just superb
Stevenson , I felt had one of his best games of the season
I have to be honest the' jury has been out ' on McPake for me for a while and today thought again that he lacks composure in tight situations
Hanlon's display today put a lie to the idea that he needs an 'old head' alongside him - thought he had a great match

Good all round team display in a typical cup tie situation
Well done to all !!
:flag:

down-the-slope
03-02-2013, 09:44 PM
I cannae believe you actually think that :confused:

Williams
Hanlon
Maybury

Best today in that order

You missed one Jonny B

Williams
Claros
Hanlon
Maybury

Jonnyboy
03-02-2013, 09:47 PM
You missed one Jonny B

Williams
Claros
Hanlon
Maybury

Aye Claros was good too. Just not as good as the three I named :greengrin

down-the-slope
03-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Williams- 9. He could end up being the best keeper I have seen in a hibs shirt in the 25+ years I have seen them.

Maybury- 7 best game so far - showed all his experience in covering for others and making up for Spoony having a mare.
McPake- 6 Nothing spectacular but not the errors of recent games.
Hanlon- 8 How many interceptions did he make - strolled the game and looked a class above with only one missed challenge in 90 mins.
McGivern- 7 decent game but slow start - improved as it went on - suffered a bit by Cairney continually coming back.

Deegan- 7 good shift and will never score better.
Claros- 8 best 90 mins from him - the system suited him getting forward and he must have covered miles
Stevenson - 7 covered a lot for others and gave the protection that let Jorge get forward.
Cairney- 5 wide left is what we need - its not his thing and looked as if he had eaten a curry and several beers before the match - slower than normal and less impact than he can
Wotherspoon- 3 Forget and move on - nothing worked from the off - should have been protected by being hooked earlier.

Griffiths- 6 did a shift but got peed off at lack of support and eased off at points.

Done- 5. direct and showed brain when he headed for the corner near the end
Handling- 5. nice to see him up front.
Robertson- 3. No time

GreenPJ
03-02-2013, 10:58 PM
That was a terrible game of football, we were woeful in the first half and as soon as we scored we sat even deeper:

Williams - 10 - Big Ben was the reason why we were in the draw
MGivern - 6 - He is better at CH, couple of times first half turned inside out by Hayes
McPake - 6 - He one a few headers but no composure, no drive and to be honest didn't see leadership
Hanlon - 7.5 - Thought he played very well, only one error in the second half and made up for his playing partners indifferent performance
Maybury - 8 - Struggled a little bit more when Paulett came on but overall was very assured
Wotherspoon - 3 - Poor, lacking confidence
Deegan - 6.5 - 1 point for the goal but our main culprit for slowing down play and so one footed/sided
Claros - 6.5 - He has talent and started well but faded
Stevenson - 5 first half, 8 second half, showed some great close control and fight in second half
Cairney - 4.5, has cement in his shoes and is really struggling in comparison to early season form, didn't create anything of note
Griffiths - 6 - no service but still think he needs to run the channels a little bit more but a forlorn role at the moment

Fenlon - 3 - What is the formation and is the only objective to not concede. At home and in the Cup you would have at least thought the formation would have been more attacking, long balls up to Griffiths on his own don't work and subs can be made before the 62 minute.

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 02:32 AM
Ok I'm getting slaughtered for daring to have a go at maybury. But from what I can see a lot of people are saying he was good till pawlett came on. I'm truly sorry for being concerned when they brought a half decent attacking player on. I'd love to see how many people would leap to his defence if we'd even drawn today.

lord bunberry
04-02-2013, 05:22 AM
I thought we were awful in the 1st half but as with most home games recently we improved after the break. I wish we could start games a bit faster as we seem to struggle early especially if we go a goal down

DaveF
04-02-2013, 08:21 AM

Not invalid. Just complete bollocks :agree:

IFONLY
04-02-2013, 08:58 AM

Behave yourself!!!!!!!!!

hibsbollah
04-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Wow. #fromthecapital is getting a communal .net bitchslap for this one. Nothing like an angry mob with pitchforks :aok:

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Not invalid. Just complete bollocks :agree:

Can I please refer you to my later posts where I apologise for having an opinion, won't happen again imo

DaveF
04-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Can I please refer you to my later posts where I apologise for having an opinion, won't happen again imo

Och, dry yer eyes.

If you post the type of nonsense which you did then expect to take the flak. It's a wee bit lame to drag out the old 'oh I can't have an opinion on here' stuff.

Maybury has been criticised on here plenty of times when he has had poor games. Yesterday, he was solid and 99.9999999% of fans could see that.

Northernhibee
04-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Fenlon - 3 - What is the formation and is the only objective to not concede. At home and in the Cup you would have at least thought the formation would have been more attacking, long balls up to Griffiths on his own don't work and subs can be made before the 62 minute.

:fenlon

We're through to the next round. One of the most ridiculous things I've read in some time.

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Och, dry yer eyes.

If you post the type of nonsense which you did then expect to take the flak. It's a wee bit lame to drag out the old 'oh I can't have an opinion on here' stuff.

Maybury has been criticised on here plenty of times when he has had poor games. Yesterday, he was solid and 99.9999999% of fans could see that.

Maybury was solid enough until Pawlett came on, at which point my confidence in him dropped probably because of his previous poor games. But I'm sorry for any distress I have caused you by thinking this, have you had your blood pressure checked recently? Could be a good idea...

We're through to the next round. One of the most ridiculous things I've read in some time.

Have you read my post? :wink:

hibsbollah
04-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Before the game I wanted him to play 451 yesterday, because its the best use of the resources at his disposal. Until Cairney Doyle or Spoony come back into form (theyve all been poor for weeks now), we need to concentrate on keeping it tight.

The last eight games we've seen lots of defensive football, only 5 goals and 3 against, won 2 drawn 4 lost 2 isnt that bad. I think thats a reaction to the two humpings, at Inverness and Motherwell at ER, when we conceded 6 goals and looked like a team in freefall. Fenlons gone into his shell, tightened things up, we're still in fourth, in the quarter finals of the BIG cup despite some key players (Cairney, Spoon, Doyle) in shocking form. I think Fenlon's played a blinder.

DaveF
04-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Maybury was solid enough until Pawlett came on, at which point my confidence in him dropped probably because of his previous poor games

If Maybury was solid enough, where is the credit for him having Milsom in his back pocket for 60 odd mins? Oh, that's right you didn't give him any until it was forced out of you :wink:

Pawlett is probably half Maybury's age, twice as quick and tricky so of course he's going to be a more difficult challenge but Maybury coped OK.

But I'm sorry for any distress I have caused you by thinking this, have you had your blood pressure checked recently? Could be a good idea...

Distress..... :faf:

Northernhibee
04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Have you read my post? :wink:

There's a difference between "ridiculous" and "utter bollocks" I'm afraid.

Leishy1995
04-02-2013, 10:38 AM
#FromTheCapital is the kind of fan that wants Butcher in for Fenlon

#FromTheCapital
04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
If Maybury was solid enough, where is the credit for him having Milsom in his back pocket for 60 odd mins? Oh, that's right you didn't give him any until it was forced out of you :wink:

Pawlett is probably half Maybury's age, twice as quick and tricky so of course he's going to be a more difficult challenge but Maybury coped OK.

Distress..... :faf:

And this matters why?

There's a difference between "ridiculous" and "utter bollocks" I'm afraid.

:aok:

#FromTheCapital is the kind of fan that wants Butcher in for Fenlon

Can assure you that your talking pish and being completely unfunny about it at the same time, congrats

DaveF
04-02-2013, 11:04 AM
And this matters why?

Well, if you read the next few words it might help you understand. I can assure you, it matters to me when I'm chasing the tail of someone half my age at the 5s :greengrin

HibeeEmma
04-02-2013, 11:11 AM

Probably annoyed at the abuse he was getting all game.

Could have had a raging argument with some of the guys around me. No support at all to boost his morale. They had him written off before kickoff.

He wasn't great by a mile but it makes you question whether support should be given or should he be boo'd off the park?

bingo70
04-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Probably annoyed at the abuse he was getting all game.

Could have had a raging argument with some of the guys around me. No support at all to boost his morale. They had him written off before kickoff.

He wasn't great by a mile but it makes you question whether support should be given or should he be boo'd off the park?

It annoys me when players get abuse but as a pro footballer he needs to man up and deal with it, he gets a bit stick from a few people but its not that bad, not near as bad as say Colin nish used to get.

If he can't handle that yesterday imo he needs to drop down a level to a club where there's less pressure and hope he can make it back up to this level again when he's tougher mentally