PDA

View Full Version : anyone watching the game in south queensferry?

Mister P
03-02-2013, 10:39 AM
at a loose end and looking for somewhere to go.

Mister P
03-02-2013, 10:40 AM
at a loose end and looking for somewhere to go.

a pub that is....not looking to get an invite to someones house lol.

HibeeDave
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Why not just go to Easter Road?

Mister P
03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
coz Im skint.

Albanian Hibs
03-02-2013, 11:07 AM
How much will you spend at the pub??

Mister P
03-02-2013, 11:09 AM
less than a tenner! otherwise I would go to the game since its one of the rare sundays I have free. (I work saturdays so never get there then).

TrickyNicky
03-02-2013, 11:23 AM
less than a tenner! otherwise I would go to the game since its one of the rare sundays I have free. (I work saturdays so never get there then).

Can't you just drop by your work and ask for an advance on yesterday's earnings, Jeez, show some commitment man !:wink:

Brooster
03-02-2013, 11:36 AM
What a ridder. Too skint to attend a massive home game but not skint enough to watch it in the pub. Sounds like you could've been at the game if you really wanted to.

monktonharp
03-02-2013, 11:39 AM
What a ridder. Too skint to attend a massive home game but not skint enough to watch it in the pub. Sounds like you could've been at the game if you really wanted to.:agree:

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2013, 11:40 AM
If the guy really is skint and can afford to spend no more than a tenner today then I don't see why he should be given a hard time on here!

Peevemor
03-02-2013, 11:41 AM
If the guy really is skint and can afford to spend no more than a tenner today then I don't see why he should be given a hard time on here!

:agree:

macca70
03-02-2013, 11:46 AM

Who cares, if the club sell there soul to TV deals and stupid kick off times then what's the big deal with watching it in the pub?

If the game wasn't on telly I'd probably go but seen as it is, I'll probably watch from the comfort and warmth of my living room.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Who cares, if the club sell there soul to TV deals and stupid kick off times then what's the big deal with watching it in the pub?

If the game wasn't on telly I'd probably go but seen as it is, I'll probably watch from the comfort and warmth of my living room.

Jeez you've missed the point......................are you skint :greengrin

TrickyNicky
03-02-2013, 11:51 AM

Any chance you can go to Mr P's work, pick up his wages from yesterday and meet him up the pub?:greengrin

macca70
03-02-2013, 11:53 AM
I see the point: spend a tenner watching game in pub v spend 20 quid on a ticket for the game.

My point is that if it wasn't on TV these folk probably would fork out the extra tenner and head along to ER.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Come to think of it Mr P is always talking about Mrs P on dragons den, he can't be skint :greengrin

DarrenSQH
03-02-2013, 12:01 PM
The ferry tap in the middle of the high street is probably the best place in queensferry to watch a game.

TrickyNicky
03-02-2013, 12:01 PM
a pub that is....not looking to get an invite to someones house lol.

I actually think that's a good idea - we are all part of The Hibs Family after all !

You could come to mine's but the games not on until 2 in the morning!

monktonharp
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM

If the game wasn't on telly I'd probably go but seen as it is, I'll probably watch from the comfort and warmth of my living room.do enjoy, but dont moan if we get beat and blame the poor backing from the terracing, or poor quality on the park through lack of funds

HiBremian
03-02-2013, 01:15 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?256225-Spare-ticket-for-tomorrow-FOR-SALE

PM with a wee offer :wink:

Hermit Crab
03-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Why not just go to Easter Road?

This.

God Petrie
03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Can you provide a detailed breakdown of your income and expenditure before I advise of somewhere to go. Preferably certified by an accountant. Thanks.

Moulin Yarns
03-02-2013, 01:52 PM
The Kingfisher Bar in Pitlochry for me. Last week they had Kingfisher Ale at £1 a pint :aok:

First half only, as i've to meet the wife when she finishes work about 4:15

Mister P
03-02-2013, 01:54 PM
The ferry tap in the middle of the high street is probably the best place in queensferry to watch a game.

Thank you. Simple answer to a simple question.

Gus
03-02-2013, 01:59 PM
I hope folk are taking the P. thank god for sky I say. At least I can turn over to the coronation street omnibus when the game is making my eyes bleed

Mister P
03-02-2013, 09:50 PM
that was barry.

spent just over £12, got 3 pints and a burger n chips, watched the Hibees progress to the next round, kept warm throughout and even got a lift back up the road. value for money..

was it cold at the game?

DH1875
03-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Times are hard. Even if the OP could have found another tenner, he'd still have had to find the bus fare and they money for 3 pints and a burger. At least he was up front about not going today :aok:. Wasn't there either so well done to the 8k who could make it :not worth.

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
that was barry.

spent just over £12, got 3 pints and a burger n chips, watched the Hibees progress to the next round, kept warm throughout and even got a lift back up the road. value for money..

was it cold at the game?

well, seeing as yi ask, i had my new trespass jacket on today and i was snug as a bug :) then afterwards i got a nice hibs top in the shop for £15 in the sale :cb:flag:

Bishop Hibee
03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
that was barry.

was it cold at the game?

Start saving for the Killie game :rolleyes:

PatHead
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
that was barry.

was it cold at the game?

Really hope when we get to the final and you come on begging for a ticket someone throws that post back in your face. I actually felt sorry for you before the game as well.

Mister P
04-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Aw cman, bit of banter. I would always attempt to get to a game if it was possible. Pub yesterday was second choice.
Had to endure a pissed jambo shouting his mouth of about how much he 'genuinely hated they cants', and how hearts had that ****ty stand rocking with 15,000 fans and were the first to fill it. Twat. He also preceded to have a pop at someone with "who's the holders if the cup?...aye shut it them". Complete tool.

Gus
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Aw cman, bit of banter. I would always attempt to get to a game if it was possible. Pub yesterday was second choice.
Had to endure a pissed jambo shouting his mouth of about how much he 'genuinely hated they cants', and how hearts had that ****ty stand rocking with 15,000 fans and were the first to fill it. Twat. He also preceded to have a pop at someone with "who's the holders if the cup?...aye shut it them". Complete tool.

Mate there are some planks on this board. U asked a genuine question and some folk moan.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2013, 08:58 PM
that was barry.

was it cold at the game?

:greengrin Glad you enjoyed it, even if you did go slightly over budget!

Many folk including me would have been wishing they were in the boozer with you at half time.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-02-2013, 09:51 PM
that was barry.

was it cold at the game?

I have an electrically heated jacket! :nerd: