PDA

View Full Version : Wind Factor?

Col2
03-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Granted I am higher up in Midlothian but very windy just now and forecast suggests central edinburgh will be 25-30 mph winds by kick off.

What's it like in leith just now? I hate games spoilt by the wind, not least because it impacts our long ball game :)

Thecat23
03-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Granted I am higher up in Midlothian but very windy just now and forecast suggests central edinburgh will be 25-30 mph winds by kick off.

What's it like in leith just now? I hate games spoilt by the wind, not least because it impacts our long ball game :)

The wind last night was unreal.. I was half expecting to look out my window and see the yellow brick road as my house felt it was taking off! Hopefully dies down because like yourself I hate watching games when it's really windy just ruins it. Saying that at least they will have to keep it on the ground! :D

legends of 73
03-02-2013, 07:48 AM
The wind last night was unreal.. I was half expecting to look out my window and see the yellow brick road as my house felt it was taking off! Hopefully dies down because like yourself I hate watching games when it's really windy just ruins it. Saying that at least they will have to keep it on the ground! :D

It was windy on Wednesday in Dingwall and they couldn't keep it on the ground so we've no chance today

Thecat23
03-02-2013, 08:14 AM
It was windy on Wednesday in Dingwall and they couldn't keep it on the ground so we've no chance today

That's a good point to be fair!!

jonty
03-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Chilli for tea last night. Wind is so bad it's beginning to sting.

hibsbollah
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Today is what my mother used to call a 'good washing day'. If you have a pair of pishstained breeks a la George Fowkes, this morning would be a fine opportunity to slam your load in the zanussi and pop them out on the line. They'll be as fresh as a daisy in no time in this 24 mph westerly.

Temperature of 7C is normal for the time of year, and the strong wind across the pitch might well favour the diagonal ball behind the fullbacks so Maybury and Stevenson please show your full attention.

No rain is forecast, sunset 4:51. High pressure 1006, falling according to the Bollah Barometer.

:aok: