PDA

View Full Version : Boycotts and being dictated by Chairmen/fans groups - What would we do?

Carheenlea
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
This has maybe been covered in the Huns down the tubes thread, but it`s not a thread I`ve been following.
In regards to the boycott at Tannadice this afternoon, I just wondered how us Hibs fans would react in a similar position? If our club had major issues with another club and Rod Petrie decided he was not going to take up any tickets for an away game at such a club, or told us they would not welcome us travelling to such a game, would you obey the request?
Now I`ve no time for Rangers fans, but I do feel for those fans who would have travelled to the game (in larger numbers than the 300), fans who maybe go every week, home and away backing their team. To have Supporters groups thinking they are speaking on behalf of the support as a whole (as we know fine well is not the case at our club) and telling fans what games they can and can`t attend is just crass.
If we were being dictated to by Rod Petrie, Pat Fenlon and the HSA like the Rangers support has with Green, McCoist and supporter groups, they would be getting told to bolt. As a fan, I`d like the decision on whether or not to boycott a certain club/game to lie firmly with me.

Mr White
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
I couldn't ever see hibs urging fans not to attend another clubs ground. Its not how we do things.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
I would never boycott a game because someone tells me to.

I attend the games that I want to attend and I wouldn't want to see a Hibs team running out to a stadium that has no Hibs fans in it, particularly a match that is as important as a Scottish Cup tie.

Just Alf
02-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I couldn't ever see hibs urging fans not to attend another clubs ground. Its not how we do things.

Hibs class

Mr White
02-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Hibs class

Exactly.

LeighLoyal
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I hope United don't pay Sevco a dime, or at least least wait until they start legal proceedings. Might be worth a court case actually.

jacomo
02-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I think Hibs had far more justification to boycott a club than Sevco ever did. Some fans choose not to go to the PBS and that's fine as it's their decision, but this is just another example of Charles Green playing to the gallery to line his own pockets. The fact he is claiming half the gate money just shows what an unprincipled charlatan he is.

His behaviour is so transparent it amazes me the Huns keep falling for it - just shows what an unthinking horde they are.

Hibs Class
02-02-2013, 11:18 PM
There are so many differences between hibs and the rangers that there is no valid comparison.

Just Alf
02-02-2013, 11:21 PM
I think Hibs had far more justification to boycott a club than Sevco ever did. Some fans choose not to go to the PBS and that's fine as it's their decision, but this is just another example of Charles Green playing to the gallery to line his own pockets. The fact he is claiming half the gate money just shows what an unprincipled charlatan he is.

His behaviour is so transparent it amazes me the Huns keep falling for it - just shows what an unthinking horde they are.

Totally on the ball, I've spoken to loads of Sevco fans (most of my family :-( ) and they just can't see it

Ozyhibby
03-02-2013, 07:41 AM
No chance. If the club came out with a statement like that I would make a point of going even if I was not originally intending to. The board of Hibs must be constantly held to account by the fans, not the other way round. After being suckered by Duff and Gray, I hope most Hibbies have learned never to trust the owners of the club again. To always question everything they do is healthy for the club.
Fans of Rangers (old and new) seem to follow whoever currently owns their club as if they were some kind of deity. Hearts do it as well. Don't know why.
In short, even when you think Petrie is making the right call, ask him why. Make him give you an answer.
And I think Petrie is doing a great job. So far.

ALF TUPPER
03-02-2013, 07:48 AM
WE are the football club
WE are the Hibees

WE do what we want !! :scarf:

:flag:

oregonhibby
03-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Big club throwing weight around.

Dundee United did the right thing and stuffed them 3 - 0.

Big club not as big as they thought. So the boycott did nothing at all.

Jack
03-02-2013, 09:40 AM
The sevco boycott was just about the most despicable thing I have ever heard of a club doing.

No danger Hibs could do that.

Besides if any club other than sevco did try it on I'm sure the SFA would find some way of punishing them. The way they shirked their responsibilities in bringing sevco to account was disgraceful.

jamieross
03-02-2013, 09:43 AM
I found it funny how Greens called for a fans boycott of the game yet went himself. :confused:

Greens a class A roaster.