PDA

View Full Version : Mr HH81

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
"Manchester United will struggle to finish third, miles behind City and Chelsea"

You circa 2012. Any re-appraisal forthcoming? :cb

FranckSuzy
02-02-2013, 11:08 PM
"Manchester United will struggle to finish third, miles behind City and Chelsea"

He's just back from the cinema. I'm sure he'll be along soon :wink:

Saorsa
02-02-2013, 11:11 PM
:greengrin

HH81
02-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the thread, glad i made an impression. Did you go today?

silverhibee
02-02-2013, 11:14 PM

Any trouble with the flight. :greengrin

Saorsa
02-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the thread, glad i made an impression. Did you go today?That disnae really answer the question :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2013, 11:15 PM

No, I watched on telly. Your heart must be broken as Fergie gives the two finger salute to all the pundits again.

HH81
02-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Any trouble with the flight. :greengrin

I trust the pilot...... :-)

HH81
02-02-2013, 11:19 PM
That disnae really answer the question :wink:

Its not question time.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Its not question time.

Come on, it hurts, admit it. Chelsea are eating dust and Citeh are under real pressure. Fergie says :fenlon

HH81
02-02-2013, 11:21 PM
No, I watched on telly. Your heart must be broken as Fergie gives the two finger salute to all the pundits again.

I dont think swearing is very professional.

silverhibee
02-02-2013, 11:58 PM
Just in case you missed the highlights HH.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx8f55_fulham-vs-manchester-united-0-1-match-highlights_sport?start=6#.UQ2oJ6Vg_Y8 :na na:

HH81
03-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Just in case you missed the highlights HH.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx8f55_fulham-vs-manchester-united-0-1-match-highlights_sport?start=6#.UQ2oJ6Vg_Y8 :na na:

Its starts tomorrow 2pm, you need updates?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Its starts tomorrow 2pm, you need updates?

Unless Citeh produce another miracle of last season, your dreams are over. All your chips are on one bet now.

HH81
03-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Unless Citeh produce another miracle of last season, your dreams are over. All your chips are on one bet now.

The subject is no longer football related, keep up.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:24 AM

Quick change of subject, eh?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:30 AM

If this United team manages to win the league by miles, despite being so inferior to the non-Champions League City and Chelsea, will you be big enough to congratulate them?

hibs4thecup1988
03-02-2013, 09:19 AM
If this United team manages to win the league by miles, despite being so inferior to the non-Champions League City and Chelsea, will you be big enough to congratulate them?

Now now. United are lucky to be were they are. It is their fault that citeh and chelsea, never mind arsenal, are so poor this year. :rolleyes:

I say United to win it by 15 at least.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM

The non-Champions League Chelsea that are the current winners of the Champions League trophy, or some other Chelsea?

In any case, it's always possible for an inferior team to win a football competition reasonably convincingly - see Denmark, Greece, Hearts, etc.

HH81
03-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Seens as though this thread is going downhill fast, lets look at some class chants. The man u fans could copy and change the words?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsbg9NiMRzk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW6TfeVDRKA&feature=youtube_gdata_player although with this one they might struggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuJZQbwJm4&feature=youtube_gdata_player warning this contains images of inside old trafford and may excite some. Also look at all them empty seats that the man u fans on here could have had....

Oh and one final one, mon the hibs and cougars today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV33u0qNQNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Having just read the thread I see questions have still to be answered!

hibs4thecup1988
03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Seens as though this thread is going downhill fast, lets look at some class chants. The man u fans could copy and change the words?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsbg9NiMRzk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW6TfeVDRKA&feature=youtube_gdata_player although with this one they might struggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuJZQbwJm4&feature=youtube_gdata_player warning this contains images of inside old trafford and may excite some. Also look at all them empty seats that the man u fans on here could have had....

Oh and one final one, mon the hibs and cougars today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV33u0qNQNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 game doesn't make you a great team.

Who did Man City get in the champions league 2nd round this year or last? You won the league last year in the 94th minute due to Bolton's game finishing first and QPR knowing they were staying up. Guaranteed if that had not happened QPR would not have stopped playing.

Never mind. Normal service was resumed when your half man ducked out the way of RVP shot. Citeh will be lucky to finish 2nd.

HH81
03-02-2013, 10:00 AM
I dont support man city.

Saorsa
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Having just read the thread I see questions have still to be answered!:agree:

Rossco1875
03-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Glad the game was in london yesterday so the man united fans didnt have a long journey home.

hibs4thecup1988
03-02-2013, 11:14 AM
8 hours back to Edinburgh was long enough, but thanks for your concern :aok::agree:

HH81
03-02-2013, 12:04 PM
8 hours back to Edinburgh was long enough, but thanks for your concern :aok::agree:

Impressive. Coach, train or walk?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:11 PM

Sorry, for the wee wind up, HH, but the depth of your hatred is a joy to behold. :faf:

What will you do if they beat Real Madrid? You may self-combust.

HH81
03-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Sorry, for the wee wind up, HH, but the depth of your hatred is a joy to behold. :faf:

What will you do if they beat Real Madrid? You may self-combust.

If....... You should go be a fair few tickets no doubt

Ps if you think your winding me up your about as far away from the truth as you will ever be. Ha ha ha

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:26 PM
If....... You should go be a fair few tickets no doubt

Ps if you think your winding me up your about as far away from the truth as you will ever be. Ha ha ha

Just shows what you can do with poor players when you have team spirit. The great Manchester City really need to beat Liverpool today.

hibs4thecup1988
03-02-2013, 12:27 PM

Supporters coach. We stopped in at Old Trafford on the way for a title party :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Supporters coach. We stopped in at Old Trafford on the way for a title party :agree:

Premature, mate, don't tempt fate. Remember last season! However, it's now a two horse race and City need results. The joyful writing off of United this season was equally premature. I see Mankini is already talking about spending £150 million in the summer.

HH81
03-02-2013, 12:36 PM

You should have just jumped in the water outside the ground and partied in there.

Iggy Pope
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM

If anyone needs to ask why "admirers" "followers" "fans" etc of ManUre are treated with such wide contempt by those in the outside world, they need look no further than bollox like this. How very Hertzish.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
You should have just jumped in the water outside the ground and partied in there.

You see, that isn't very nice.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
If anyone needs to ask why "admirers" "followers" "fans" etc of ManUre are treated with such wide contempt by those in the outside world, they need look no further than bollox like this. How very Hertzish.

Steady on there, I don't think he was being serious :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
03-02-2013, 01:02 PM

I was joking mate honest I was. :greengrin

I think United will win the league this year to be honest citeh haven't got going, but United have battled this year more than I can remember. Last night was another tough game and they came through it.

I just cannot see citeh making up 10 points. They will need to hope United drop a lot of points, and yes it happened last year, but Fergie will make damned sure it doesn't happen this year.

As for the party in the water...hmmm! You are VERY bitter towards United but not a citeh fan...interesting...

HH81
03-02-2013, 02:48 PM

I think United will win the league this year to be honest citeh haven't got going, but United have battled this year more than I can remember. Last night was another tough game and they came through it.

I just cannot see citeh making up 10 points. They will need to hope United drop a lot of points, and yes it happened last year, but Fergie will make damned sure it doesn't happen this year.

As for the party in the water...hmmm! You are VERY bitter towards United but not a citeh fan...interesting...

So you have to be a city fan to hate man u?

leither17
03-02-2013, 03:53 PM

I hate man utd and I don't support city I support hibs

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 06:22 PM

Nine points clear, thirteen games to go. Still a lot of football to be played, but would you be big enough to congratulate such a terrible team if they managed to win the league ahead of the richest club in the world. A great achievement, yes?

HH81
03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Nine points clear, thirteen games to go. Still a lot of football to be played, but would you be big enough to congratulate such a terrible team if they managed to win the league ahead of the richest club in the world. A great achievement, yes?

You off to killie?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 06:43 PM
You off to killie?

Yes, I'll be there.

Will you congratulate whichever team in Manchester becomes champions? :cb

HH81
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes, I'll be there.

Will you congratulate whichever team in Manchester becomes champions? :cb

Have you ever been to Elland Road?

Look forward to our premiership catch up.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM

You really don't like answering a straight question. Have you thought about a political career? Just don't wear a red rosette!

To answer a straight question, no I've never been to Elland Road. They're about as friendly as yourself.

HH81
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
You really don't like answering a straight question. Have you thought about a political career? Just don't wear a red rosette!

To answer a straight question, no I've never been to Elland Road. They're about as friendly as yourself.

Im not here to answer all your questions. We can re-visit this thread at the end of the season and if your 2nd team have won the league you can get all excited.

How do you know how friendley they are if you have never been. Im actually quite friendly, i baught my mate a bovril today when it was cold.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Im not here to answer all your questions. We can re-visit this thread at the end of the season and if your 2nd team have won the league you can get all excited.

How do you know how friendley they are if you have never been. Im actually quite friendly, i baught my mate a bovril today when it was cold.

I've witnessed them at Old Trafford. Two hours of Munich songs, gestures and inflatable aeroplanes are quite enough. Very bitter people.

HH81
03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I've witnessed them at Old Trafford. Two hours of Munich songs, gestures and inflatable aeroplanes are quite enough. Very bitter people.

Do man u fans behave at all times?

Iggy Pope
03-02-2013, 07:25 PM

You're quoting someone else my friend. I never said anything about that. And I'm not bitter about United. Just dislike every ****er that pretends to support them.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Do man u fans behave at all times?

No, but they aren't Leeds, a club still infiltrated by the far right element. Much more cosmopolitan, perhaps because of the 'diversity' of the support :rolleyes:

Anyway, your early season prediction ( some might say wishful thinking ) is unravelling. A distant third?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 07:28 PM
[/B]

You're quoting someone else my friend. I never said anything about that. And I'm not bitter about United. Just dislike every ****er that pretends to support them.

What about those who support other big clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Celtic, Rangers? That's an awful lot of hatred you're carrying.

HH81
03-02-2013, 07:29 PM
No, but they aren't Leeds, a club still infiltrated by the far right element. Much more cosmopolitan, perhaps because of the 'diversity' of the support :rolleyes:

Anyway, your early season prediction ( some might say wishful thinking ) is unravelling. A distant third?

Anyway im out, off to watch highlights of that crap i watched in Batley today, have a nice evening.

R'Albin
03-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Guys we won today, can't we just all be friends ?

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Guys we won today, can't we just all be friends ?

Indeed. Even old Yorkshire coupon can smile at that.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2013, 07:36 PM
What about those who support other big clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Celtic, Rangers? That's an awful lot of hatred you're carrying.

Plenty peeps on this board take an interest in Liverpool and Arsenal but I don't think any of them carry on like the Manchester fetishists.

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Plenty peeps on this board take an interest in Liverpool and Arsenal but I don't think any of them carry on like the Manchester fetishists.

Nor have to contend with the anti-Manchester fetishists in the same way :wink:

Iggy Pope
03-02-2013, 07:43 PM

True. Not easy. Although I did say 'dislike', not hate, so I would prefer it if you ManUre 'supporting' fantasisers would refrain from mis-quoting me.. I keep the billious hatred for the sparryheids. (and the huns).
:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
03-02-2013, 07:55 PM
True. Not easy. Although I did say 'dislike', not hate, so I would prefer it if you ManUre 'supporting' fantasisers would refrain from mis-quoting me.. I keep the billious hatred for the sparryheids. (and the huns).
True, you did say dislike.

silverhibee
09-02-2013, 08:14 PM
:cb

:wink: HH.

Tynie01011973
10-02-2013, 12:31 AM

Aah finally, the Gloryhunter who stopped supporting his home town team reveals his true colours !!!

GIRFUY :na na::na na::na na:

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 06:05 PM
The Samiratans - 08457 90 90 90

Real Madrid have 180 minutes to save his sanity.

HH81
10-02-2013, 07:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UL7jK0AtOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As requested.

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:02 PM
I think he looks a bit like Silver.....:-)

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Aah finally, the Gloryhunter who stopped supporting his home town team reveals his true colours !!!

GIRFUY :na na::na na::na na:

Stop supporting my home town team in what way?

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:17 PM
The Samiratans - 08457 90 90 90

Real Madrid have 180 minutes to save his sanity.

Posted from your mobile?

silverhibee
10-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I think he looks a bit like Silver.....:-)

Is he a player manager. ?????????????????

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Posted from your mobile?

As mobile as somebody who has no connection to Manchester yet is consumed with hatred :na na:

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Is he a player manager. ?????????????????

Yes good player, gets stuck in and throws a few punches every game.

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
As mobile as somebody who has no connection to Manchester yet is consumed with hatred :na na:

Whats your connection to Manchester again? Was it your mates, sisters, best mate once went and said it had a good shopping centre?

lapsedhibee
10-02-2013, 08:31 PM

You can only dislike things which are connected to the town you live in? :confused:

I have to give up disliking the the huns? :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Whats your connection to Manchester again? Was it your mates, sisters, best mate once went and said it had a good shopping centre?

No, my mother was from there and her side of the family are there. Near Salford Quays, Buile Hill Park.

As someone with no rational reason to have strong feelings either way, is envy your motivation? Just a thought.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2013, 08:36 PM

You seem over-fond of that word. Not a lot of people using it on this thread except you

Bostonhibby
10-02-2013, 08:37 PM

To be fair, as a regular punter on MU, however hard they try, they have found it well nigh impossible to achieve third this season, inflated league with most of last years top teams struggling and United waltzing through with not much effort so far.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
You can only dislike things which are connected to the town you live in? :confused:

I have to give up disliking the the huns? :confused:

Rangers play in the same country and are rivals. Why feel so strongly about others? If Manchester United were another Torquay United, or Sheffield United, would they really provoke the hatred of so many?

lapsedhibee
10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Rangers play in the same country and are rivals. Why feel so strongly about others? If Manchester United were another Torquay United, or Sheffield United, would they really provoke the hatred of so many?

Why do you think 'so many' peeps 'hate' Manchester U?

Iggy Pope

There you go again!

HH81
No, my mother was from there and her side of the family are there. Near Salford Quays, Buile Hill Park.

As someone with no rational reason to have strong feelings either way, is envy your motivation? Just a thought.

Why not support Salford, great little club house and they could do with your cash?

Hibernia&Alba
You seem over-fond of that word. Not a lot of people using it on this thread except you

Mr HH really does hate, hence the thread. Ask his opinion.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Why not support Salford, great little club house and they could do with your cash?

Why not support my local pub team in Leith rather than Hibs? Now you're being silly. Literally the local club to where my mother's family live is Manchester United, yet even they you wish to portray as gloryhunters.

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Torquay is a great night out, small little ground at top of a hill. Had some great weekends there.

I also went to Sheffield derby last season. Wednesday end, north stand.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Mr HH really does hate, hence the thread. Ask his opinion.

I know his opinion and like the rest of us, he's entitled to it. And he lives a lot closer to the problem than most of us.
Only you using the word hate though. And fairly repeatedly.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Torquay is a great night out, small little ground at top of a hill. Had some great weekends there.

I also went to Sheffield derby last season. Wednesday end, north stand.

And were your feelings of antipathy as strong? If not, why not? What makes you feel so strongly about Manchester United?

Iggy Pope
10-02-2013, 08:47 PM
And were your feelings of antipathy as strong? If not, why not? What makes you feel so strongly about Manchester United?

That's better!

HH81
10-02-2013, 08:47 PM

Watch the link i posted further up, each hit he gets makes money and in turn is put back into the cougars. Cheers.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2013, 08:48 PM
FWIW here's my take on it.

I hardly watch any EPL football, unless I happen to stumble upon match of the day.

My love is Hibernian, and nothing compares to them.....

However, it gets on my thrupennies reading post after post of arguing about City or United, when it's clear that the majority of poster's arguing have never set foot in the ground that their "heroes" play in......SKY TV has a lot to answer for..........:cb

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Salford City play at Lower Broughton, which, as the crow flies, is further from Salford Royal Hospital ( Buile Hill ) than Old Trafford. Hence supporting ones local team, if that's the key to being a football fan :na na:

Which is the team nearest to your home? Is it really the one you support?

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2013, 08:53 PM
There are supporters and there are fans. Nothing wrong with either in my opinion.

Pete
10-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Hibs fans have never bragged about how big they are or looked down their nose at anyone. It's not our way.

All of this going on about how great and big Manchester united are by some supposed hibbys doesn't sit right.

Yes, well done! You support one the easiest clubs to support in the world!

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Watch the link i posted further up, each hit he gets makes money and in turn is put back into the cougars. Cheers.

What about Newcastle United, whose support is drawn from across the north-east? Carlisle United, whose fans may have a parks team nearer than the stadium?

HH81
10-02-2013, 09:01 PM
What about Newcastle United, whose support is drawn from across the north-east? Carlisle United, whose fans may have a parks team nearer than the stadium?

What about Stockport, Altrincham or Bury not fancy one of them?

HH81
10-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Infact Stalybridge should have been your Manchester club.

Or Rochdale.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 09:03 PM
What about Stockport, Altrincham or Bury not fancy one of them?

No, why should I? I don't know of anyone from those towns. :confused:

LancashireHibby
10-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Rough as a badger's backside around there :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Rough as a badger's backside around there :wink:

Aye, real people, but good people. Staunchly working class but no different from many areas of central Scotland.

LancashireHibby
10-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Aye, real people, but good people. Staunchly working class but no different from many areas of central Scotland.
Won't find any argument from me, it's barely 10 miles down the road from me. Played in the Salford League as a kid and still occasionally go watching Salford rugby with mates who support them (albeit nowhere as much as I did when they were still at The Willows).

That said, I do find it odd to come on here and see the 'Manc' arguments, especially living in a town that is pretty split between Bolton, Utd and City.

Hibernia&Alba
10-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Won't find any argument from me, it's barely 10 miles down the road from me. Played in the Salford League as a kid and still occasionally go watching Salford rugby with mates who support them (albeit nowhere as much as I did when they were still at The Willows).

That said, I do find it odd to come on here and see the 'Manc' arguments, especially living in a town that is pretty split between Bolton, Utd and City.

Aye, Salford RLFC at Barton now. They nearly went bust but were saved at the last minute thankfully. I'm more of a rugby union fan and will take in a Sale game there at some point.

LancashireHibby
10-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Aye, Salford RLFC at Barton now. They nearly went bust but were saved at the last minute thankfully. I'm more of a rugby union fan and will take in a Sale game there at some point.
Don't bother, Sale are dreadful! Even though geographically it wasn't a huge move in terms of distance, it really has taken Salford away from the heart of their support and it will take a long time to recover, though the money of the 'Doc' who has taken over will hope with improving the club's infrastructure.

hfc rd
10-02-2013, 09:34 PM
United just need 25 points to win the league. Can't see them f****** it up the same way they did last year.

HH81
05-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Evening.

I enjoyed it between my snooker shots tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2013, 01:26 AM
I want the referee tarred, feathered, locked in solitary for at least a decade on bread and water, then banned for life :greengrin

Utterly shocking red card that really did change the tie. United were looking good and the tie was there for the taking up to that point. Fair play to Madrid for taking advantage for the next few minutes when the United players were still stunned. Like all good teams, they were ruthless when their chance arose. However, their goalie was man of the match, and as Mourinho was big enough to admit, the better team lost. It could have been such a good finale to two excellent matches. The tactics and chess match between the managers was as interesting as the game itself. Real Madrid wanted United to go at them and then hit on the break. United sat quite deep and allowed Madrid to have a good deal of possession in front of them, looking to use the counter themselves. I still would have started with Rooney. Not to be, such is life. Not Real Madrid's fault, they did their job; something the referee wasn't up to. It would have fascinating to see the last half hour with all players on the pitch.

jgl07
06-03-2013, 02:18 AM
I want the referee tarred, feathered, locked in solitary for at least a decade on bread and water, then banned for life :greengrin

Utterly shocking red card that really did change the tie. United were looking good and the tie was there for the taking up to that point. Fair play to Madrid for taking advantage for the next few minutes when the United players were still stunned. Like all good teams, they were ruthless when their chance arose. However, their goalie was man of the match, and as Mourinho was big enough to admit, the better team lost. It could have been such a good finale to two excellent matches. The tactics and chess match between the managers was as interesting as the game itself. Real Madrid wanted United to go at them and then hit on the break. United sat quite deep and allowed Madrid to have a good deal of possession in front of them, looking to use the counter themselves. I still would have started with Rooney. Not to be, such is life. Not Real Madrid's fault, they did their job; something the referee wasn't up to. It would have fascinating to see the last half hour with all players on the pitch.

Blame the referee or anyone for trhe defeat.

If you want to avoid being sent off try to avoid kung fu tackles.

jgl07
06-03-2013, 02:19 AM

Blame the referee or anyone for the defeat.

lapsedhibee
06-03-2013, 06:16 AM
However, their goalie was man of the match, and as Mourinho was big enough to admit, the better team lost.

Shirley he didn't really believe that - he was sooking up to Manure fans in case he gets their manager gig in the near future. He's dropped enough hints that he's interested.

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Blame the referee or anyone for the defeat.

Kung FU tackles? There was no tackle. Nani didn't know there was a player near him to tackle.

A lot of people trying to be clever/controversial after the event about the sending off - Mr R keane esq. I defy anyone who was matching the match to say that at the moment it happened they were thinking a red card was possible. It didn't cross my mind for a second. Clive Tydlesley said something along the lines of Nani would get a yellow card when he got up. I thought "perhaps, but I'd just glive a free kick". Never in a million years did I think it might be red. If every player who lifted his foot like that to control a ball was sent off, every game would be five a side. He was looking at the ball all the way as the Madrid lad, who had a full view of what was happeneing, came in. it could be equally valid to ask why didn't he avoid running into Nani then. There was no kick, no straight leg into the player, no mailicious intent, no risk of serious injury. Mental sending off, but nothing is surprising in the modern game. Physical contact of any kind is now a foul, a booking or a red card.

Kris1875
09-03-2013, 07:02 AM
I thought it was a yellow at worse on first look though after seeing it over and over nani does seem to kick out once he makes contact with the player . Did he mean it ? Only he will know I'm afraid , I don't think arbeloa helped though .

lapsedhibee
09-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Kung FU tackles? There was no tackle. Nani didn't know there was a player near him to tackle.

A lot of people trying to be clever/controversial after the event about the sending off - Mr R keane esq. I defy anyone who was matching the match to say that at the moment it happened they were thinking a red card was possible. It didn't cross my mind for a second. Clive Tydlesley said something along the lines of Nani would get a yellow card when he got up. I thought "perhaps, but I'd just glive a free kick". Never in a million years did I think it might be red. If every player who lifted his foot like that to control a ball was sent off, every game would be five a side. He was looking at the ball all the way as the Madrid lad, who had a full view of what was happeneing, came in. it could be equally valid to ask why didn't he avoid running into Nani then. There was no kick, no straight leg into the player, no mailicious intent, no risk of serious injury. Mental sending off, but nothing is surprising in the modern game. Physical contact of any kind is now a foul, a booking or a red card.

In your world, did Neil Lennon headbutt Alan Shearer's boot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fMbxLTpps)?

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2013, 08:29 PM
In your world, did Neil Lennon headbutt Alan Shearer's boot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fMbxLTpps)?

Shearer saw Lennon coming and went for him. The two scenarios are entirely different.

Who, when watching the match Tuesday, really thought a red card might be produced to Nani? Who did at that moment? Roy keane apparently did. I'm yet to hear one other person say say they thought it possible at that time. Lots of internet big mouths afterwards, right enough.

lapsedhibee
09-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Who, when watching the match Tuesday, really thought a red card might be produced to Nani? Who did at that moment? Roy keane apparently did. I'm yet to hear one other person say say they thought it possible at that time. Lots of internet big mouths afterwards, right enough.

I agree that almost no-one watching would have expected a red card. It was after all a Manchester United player playing at Old Trafford. It's a rare event. (Personally think there's currently a UEFA conspiracy against English clubs and in favour of The Spanish Giants - Chelsea have suffered worse than Manchester U.)

Hibernia&Alba
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I agree that almost no-one watching would have expected a red card. It was after all a Manchester United player playing at Old Trafford. It's a rare event. (Personally think there's currently a UEFA conspiracy against English clubs and in favour of The Spanish Giants - Chelsea have suffered worse than Manchester U.)

No conspiracy, just an awful decision. How was that deemed a red card when the bringing down of Evra when clean through at the Bernabeau not? United produced by far the best chances and near misses over the two legs ( hit the post three times ) and it's just a shame the climax couldn't be played out as it could between two great teams and two great clubs. Mourinho was refreshingly honest in his assessment, fair play. Bad decision, really impressive exploitation of that decision by Madrid.

hfc rd
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
No conspiracy, just an awful decision. How was that deemed a red card when the bringing down of Evra when clean through at the Bernabeau not? United produced by far the best chances and near misses over the two legs ( hit the post three times ) and it's just a shame the climax couldn't be played out as it could between two great teams and two great clubs. Mourinho was refreshingly honest in his assessment, fair play. Bad decision, really impressive exploitation of that decision by Madrid.

Best thing to do mate is just move on now. Yes it was a poor decision but stupid things like these happen in football for you or against you. It's just the game. I spoke to a couple of Real Madrid fans at the end of the game and they were so stunned like everyone else in the ground and the millions worldwide at the decision as they never saw that red card coming except for one certain jealous bitter man in the ITV studio. It spoilt a great tie between two of the best clubs in world football. But like I said just move on now. EPL & FA Cup still to play for.