BBC web site headlines, Dundee United beat nine man Rangers.:faf:

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Latest scores in the other Scottish Cup ties;

Dunfermline 0-1 Hamilton
Falkirk 1-1 Forfar
Kilmarnock 1-0 Inverness CT
St Mirren 2-0 St Johnstone

About half an hour left in all four matches.

Heisenberg
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Goncalves seems like a brilliant signing for St Mirren.

Jim44
02-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Jambos 2-1 ahead now.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Dunfermline 0-2 Hamilton
Falkirk 2-1 Forfar
Kilmarnock 1-0 Inverness CT
St Mirren 2-0 St Johnstone

In other news, the tax evaders are 2-1 up at Ross County.

The Green Goblin
02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
He was quickly put in his place , the other guys said he was lucky he lasted as long before his first yellow . *** hate the 2 of them

Totally agree. Just shows you how bizarrely potter sees things if thats the kind of pish he believes

sh00byd00
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
2 points behind as it stands
Who's their other game in hand against?

That's quite scary. Just goes to show how far we've plummeted in recent months.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Potter KNOWS he's been found out.

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
See the boy Taylor who we were reportedly interested in has just scored his 21st of the season.

IF we are interested think we'll have missed boat as he'll be off to championship or higher end league 1 in the summer

And again. Would have loved to have him. Does anyone know if we actually enquired or was it just a rumour?

KeithTheHibby
02-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Harry Potter saying on the radio that he gets picked on :fenlon

And this why Potter is out of a job with stupid opinions like that.

PS Black is a complete and utter cock.

Hibernia Na Eir
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
2-2 last min goal!! :)

Wotherspiniesta
Last minute equaliser for County v hearts :thumbsup:

Malthibby
YEESSSS. Ross County 2:2:flag::flag:

Col2
02-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Injury time as well. Oh what a shame!!!

Cup opening up as well.

Need to win tomorrow.

Feed McGraw
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
I think the rat Black will be sent off today.....unless Thomson is ref, I haven`t checked who the ref is.

Posted this 10 mins. in - granted, not the greatest prediction ever, but I`m giving masel` a pat on the back anyway :greengrin.

#FromTheCapital
02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Get in Ross county!!!! Cheered me up a bit after a miserable day for ma coupons

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Five ties played and five teams through to the quarter finals, no replays so far.

Dundee Utd
Falkirk
Hamilton
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

If we get through tomorrow, I'll take Hamilton at Easter Road please. :agree:

HH81
02-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Five ties played and five teams through to the quarter finals, no replays so far.

Dundee Utd
Falkirk
Hamilton
Kilmarnock
St Mirren

If we get through tomorrow, I'll take Hamilton at Easter Road please. :agree:

Or Raith Rovers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21209424

Check out the comments at the bottom of the page! :greengrin

steakbake
02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I had to turn the commentary off. The number of times I heard the result being explained away as a gulf in the quality and experience of the players was doing my head in. The Rangers players more or less to a man, will be on more than a given Utd player.

They also have a number of internationally capped players and several players who have experience of big cup games, finals etc. The Rangers might be gone but they still cast a shadow on sports journalism.

Golden Bear
02-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Caley beat again. Butcher oot, Fenlon in.

Biggie
02-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Fully expect Chuckie and Sally to put in a formal protest and demand a replay. The ref clearly didn't play the full regulation time, and THE New Huns had every chance of getting back into the match. Its a conspiracy. The SFA have it in for them.

Can u imagine hibs getting pumped 3-0 at ibrox, 2 men sent off, and the ref calls time bang on time ?....no chance.....ref obviously didn't fancy another 5 minutes in case he had to send another Hun off.....so they still carry too much influence.

Other than that the 3rd div team were out their depth.

Andy74
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Caley beat again. Butcher oot, Fenlon in.

Shocking form. On the slide. Season over now out the cups. They will be lucky to stay in the top 6.

bingo70
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Shocking form. On the slide. They will be lucky to stay in the top 6.

Bet there's a calley fan somewhere goin raj cos the progress isn't being made quick enough.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I had to turn the commentary off. The number of times I heard the result being explained away as a gulf in the quality and experience of the players was doing my head in. The Rangers players more or less to a man, will be on more than a given Utd player.

They also have a number of internationally capped players and several players who have experience of big cup games, finals etc. The Rangers might be gone but they still cast a shadow on sports journalism.

Yep.

The Rangers line up today was;

Neil Alexander - 17 years as a professional, experience in the Championship with Cardiff and Ipswich as well as in the SPL with oldco Rangers. Also a Scottish internationalist.
Sebastien Faure - Youngster who came through the ranks at Lyon. A regular with the French international youth teams.
Emilson Cribari - 17 years as a professional, experience in Serie A with Empoli, Udinese, Lazio, Siena and Napoli along with Champions League experience with Lazio.
Ross Perry - Youngster who came through the ranks at oldco Rangers and has played at youth level for Scotland.
Lee Wallace - 9 years as a professional, experience in the SPL with Hearts and oldco Rangers. Scottish internationalist as well and European experience with Hearts and oldco.
Kyle Hutton - Youngster who came through the ranks at oldco Rangers and has played at youth level for Scotland.
Ian Black - 9 years as a professional, experience in the SPL with Inverness and Hearts and a Scottish internationalist, albeit for one game. European experience with Hearts.
David Templeton - 8 years as a professional and SPL and European experience with Hearts. Scottish internationalist at youth level.
Andy Little - 6 years as a professional and came through the ranks at oldco Rangers, where he has SPL experience. Northern Ireland internationalist.
Francisco Sandaza - 10 years as a professional and SPL experience with Dundee Utd and St Johnstone.
Dean Shiels - 9 years as a professional, SPL experience with Hibs and Kilmarnock and Championship experience with Doncaster. European experience with Hibs and Northern Ireland internationalist.

With the exception of Hutton and Perry and possibly Faure, the team that started for them today was full of players with experience of SPL, European and international football.

Andy74
02-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Bet there's a calley fan somewhere goin raj cos the progress isn't being made quick enough.

Plus without McKays goals they would be near the bottom. Even worse some of their wins up to now have had some elements of good fortune!

bingo70
02-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Plus without McKays goals they would be near the bottom. Even worse some of their wins up to now have had some elements of good fortune!

They'd have conceded more if they played without a keeper as well :agree:

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2013, 05:53 PM

A league defeat and out both cups within a week, the seasons over.

Andy74
02-02-2013, 06:02 PM
By the way, Jon Daly, yes please.

Utd have a lot of skill and pace but its such a good option to chip a ball in to him and have him play others in. It doesn't have to be aimless lumps up to a big guy.

steakbake
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Yep.

The Rangers line up today was;

Neil Alexander - 17 years as a professional, experience in the Championship with Cardiff and Ipswich as well as in the SPL with oldco Rangers. Also a Scottish internationalist.
Sebastien Faure - Youngster who came through the ranks at Lyon. A regular with the French international youth teams.
Emilson Cribari - 17 years as a professional, experience in Serie A with Empoli, Udinese, Lazio, Siena and Napoli along with Champions League experience with Lazio.
Ross Perry - Youngster who came through the ranks at oldco Rangers and has played at youth level for Scotland.
Lee Wallace - 9 years as a professional, experience in the SPL with Hearts and oldco Rangers. Scottish internationalist as well and European experience with Hearts and oldco.
Kyle Hutton - Youngster who came through the ranks at oldco Rangers and has played at youth level for Scotland.
Ian Black - 9 years as a professional, experience in the SPL with Inverness and Hearts and a Scottish internationalist, albeit for one game. European experience with Hearts.
David Templeton - 8 years as a professional and SPL and European experience with Hearts. Scottish internationalist at youth level.
Andy Little - 6 years as a professional and came through the ranks at oldco Rangers, where he has SPL experience. Northern Ireland internationalist.
Francisco Sandaza - 10 years as a professional and SPL experience with Dundee Utd and St Johnstone.
Dean Shiels - 9 years as a professional, SPL experience with Hibs and Kilmarnock and Championship experience with Doncaster. European experience with Hibs and Northern Ireland internationalist.

With the exception of Hutton and Perry and possibly Faure, the team that started for them today was full of players with experience of SPL, European and international football.

Nice work FH, that puts that one not just to bed, but also safely to sleep. I couldn't believe the guff I was hearing.

Elephant Stone
02-02-2013, 06:41 PM
That must have been utterly humiliating, could not have happened to a nicer club. Congratulations to United. :cb

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2013, 08:40 PM
That must have been utterly humiliating, could not have happened to a nicer club. Congratulations to United. :cb

:agree:

Horrible right-wing, bigoted, uneducated, narrow-minded fuds. Just **** off.

green glory
02-02-2013, 08:46 PM
And still no one has managed to explain to me satisfactorily what "Weearrapeepo" means.

Mr White
02-02-2013, 08:50 PM
And still no one has managed to explain to me satisfactorily what "Weearrapeepo" means.

I've always taken it to mean we are the the protestant loyalist majority and as such are superior in every way to anyone who doesn't follow follow rangers. Ironic really when you look at the nick of them.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2013, 08:55 PM

A Nazi slogan of nation and volk i.e to be white and ethnically pure. Be 'Protestant' whilst being totally anti-Christian. No blacks, no Jews, no Irish. To be part of the master race is to be from Larkhall, wear a shell suit, have terrible dental hygiene and be unable to read. Kill everybody else.

LeighLoyal
02-02-2013, 09:00 PM
:greengrin:greengrin Check oot this latest zombie blockbuster!!! :hahaha:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/32180_419091978170201_1548193514_n.jpg

CentreLine
02-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Its all about "predestination" being the chosen ones. Worth a check on google. And 100 years before The Rangers were thought of, but obviously preordained, Rabbie Burns tore the concept of predestination apart in his brilliant poem "Holy Willie's Prayer". Also worth a google.

Hibernia&Alba
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Its all about "predestination" being the chosen ones. Worth a check on google. And 100 years before The Rangers were thought of, but obviously preordained, Rabbie Burns tore the concept of predestination apart in his brilliant poem "Holy Willie's Prayer". Also worth a google.

Is Predestination the Calvinists? As an atheist, I get them all confused.

Mr White
02-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Had a wee look at the definition of predestination and it did make me wonder what sort of god would make rangers fans the chosen ones? Think I'd rather take my chances downstairs than spend eternity up to my knees in bucky-pish and vomit.

Newhaven
02-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Very poor from united.

They should have had at least five! Nae luck sevco.

CentreLine
02-02-2013, 09:52 PM
How do the BBC justify the sound coverage of the game. Not a sound could be heard from the crowd throughout the coverage. Strange one????

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm recording Sportscene as I'm watching Match of the Day just now but I just wondered how many times Rob MacLean and the Sportscene panel have mentioned Ian Black's obscene gesture during today's match to bring it to the attention of Vincent Lunny? :dunno:

If last season's incidents with Leigh Griffiths are anything to go by, I'm assuming it's had several re-runs from various different angles and had at least 2 minutes of focus on it?

Hibs Class
02-02-2013, 10:10 PM
How do the BBC justify the sound coverage of the game. Not a sound could be heard from the crowd throughout the coverage. Strange one????

Indeed. Just watched sport scene. I assume there was no petulance from Black after his red card as nothing was featured. Did the same programme show a griffiths gesture last year v Cowdenbeath that led to a ban?

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2013, 10:10 PM
How impressive is Goncalves?

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm recording Sportscene as I'm watching Match of the Day just now but I just wondered how many times Rob MacLean and the Sportscene panel have mentioned Ian Black's obscene gesture during today's match to bring it to the attention of Vincent Lunny? :dunno:

If last season's incidents with Leigh Griffiths are anything to go by, I'm assuming it's had several re-runs from various different angles and had at least 2 minutes of focus on it?

They showed a clip of him applauding the united fans as he went off then giving a wee gesture to some fans. Didn't seem a lot in it TBH. Anyway, who cares? Ian Black is a pish player playing in the fourth tier of Scottish fitbaw.

HibeeN
02-02-2013, 10:17 PM
They showed a clip of him applauding the united fans as he went off then giving a wee gesture to some fans. Didn't seem a lot in it TBH. Anyway, who cares? Ian Black is a pish player playing in the fourth tier of Scottish fitbaw.

Think it was this one that he was talking about

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCGv89gCQAAxJNH.jpg

lapsedhibee
02-02-2013, 10:20 PM

Quite clearly gave the "yous are aw onanists" sign to United fans but - quelle surprise - this was not mentioned at all by Rob McLean. Was too busy claiming how unlucky the Black was to get a first booking.

Such a crap, crap show (even with Pat Nevin on).

Was a hoot watching the Naismith looking perplexed at getting his red though. :faf:

The Falcon
02-02-2013, 10:23 PM

Bing very generous there FH. His international career has lasted 3 minutes plus injury time.

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2013, 10:24 PM

Never seen that one. Don't care either way TBH. The guy is a nobody now.

lapsedhibee
02-02-2013, 10:25 PM

Mail it to Vince!

And the Black did it again as he was trudging off.

Quite wrong that Griffiths gets done for this sort of thing if the Black doesn't.

The Green Goblin
02-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Does anyone have a link for highlights? (Not on BBC though, as they don't work outside the uk) I can't find them.

hibsbollah
02-02-2013, 10:40 PM
How impressive is Goncalves?

Absolutely outstanding. I hope he stays at St Mirren and doesnt make the predictable move to Sevco. Alternatively, would be a good replacementf /partner for Sparky come next season...

Jones28
02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Get it ****ing up you rangers, I couldn't have wanted have better result

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 11:09 PM

Indeed.

Seen clear as day live on Sky Sports and gestures like that are supposed to be red card offences.

I await the response from Vincent Lunny on Monday morning. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
02-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Just watching Sportscene now.

Convenient that the recording of the whole incident cut to something else almost exactly at the moment that he made the gesture.

Wholly unsurprising that the panel made no mention of it.

I asked this question earlier on in this thread and haven't had a reply yet. Am I right in thinking that anyone can get in contact with the SFA and ask for an incident to be reviewed by the compliance officer?

If so, I think there should be a few e-mails to Mr Lunny before Monday regarding this.

Or am I just making that up? :confused:

Scouse Hibee
02-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Just watching Sportscene now.

Convenient that the recording of the whole incident cut to something else almost exactly at the moment that he made the gesture.

Wholly unsurprising that the panel made no mention of it.

I asked this question earlier on in this thread and haven't had a reply yet. Am I right in thinking that anyone can get in contact with the SFA and ask for an incident to be reviewed by the compliance officer?

If so, I think there should be a few e-mails to Mr Lunny before Monday regarding this.

Or am I just making that up? :confused:

Unbelievable, has the game really sunk that low that supporters watch highlights and feel the need to email the football authorities? A sad state of affairs by sad sad people if that is indeed the case.

leither17
02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Unbelievable, has the game really sunk that low that supporters watch highlights and feel the need to email the football authorities? A sad state of affairs by sad sad people if that is indeed the case.

True but it should be the same rules for everyone Leigh was done last season for the same things and sportscene showed them I I remember right

Heisenberg
03-02-2013, 12:10 AM
The reason Hibs fans get wound up by stuff like this not getting brought to attention is pretty clear tbf. Griffiths was given a few minutes each time showing his stupid gestures last season.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2013, 12:16 AM

We wouldn't want there to be any double standards within the game, surely?

Leigh Griffiths (rightly) got banned for some unbelievable stupidity last season and the BBC Sportscene team couldn't wait to highlight it every time it happened.

There has been considerably less coverage of this incident by the media (which comes as no surprise whatsoever), in fact I don't think I've seen a replay of the gesture since it was broadcast live at the time, so Mr Lunny may need a little bit more help to find his incidents this week.

Unless Griffiths gets involved in something later today, that is.

The Green Goblin
03-02-2013, 12:46 AM
We wouldn't want there to be any double standards within the game, surely?

Leigh Griffiths (rightly) got banned for some unbelievable stupidity last season and the BBC Sportscene team couldn't wait to highlight it every time it happened.

There has been considerably less coverage of this incident by the media (which comes as no surprise whatsoever), in fact I don't think I've seen a replay of the gesture since it was broadcast live at the time, so Mr Lunny may need a little bit more help to find his incidents this week.

Unless Griffiths gets involved in something later today, that is.

I think you are right. There is a ridiculous lack of consistency with these things. Trial by whatever Sportscene's editor's choice happens to show, and the way it makes Lunny feel he has to be seen to deal with it, is not a system anyone should have any faith in.

The Green Goblin
03-02-2013, 12:49 AM
And anyways, personally, I liked football better when there weren't any 4th officials or people waiting to retrospectively punish people for every little thing they did during a game. It's overkill and it's all folk end up talking about instead of the game itself. Imho...

The Green Goblin
03-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Highlights, if anyone wants to see them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOFdg37byag

hibsbollah
04-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Rangers defending for the second goal :hilarious

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2013, 08:19 AM
The reason Hibs fans get wound up by stuff like this not getting brought to attention is pretty clear tbf. Griffiths was given a few minutes each time showing his stupid gestures last season.

:agree: I said something about this when Deegan was picked up by some editor from sportscene for a tackle. I'd like the address so we can have fairness, Mr Lunny might have missed the gesture?

Part/Time Supporter
04-02-2013, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbgkSLUDfA

JimBHibees
04-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Got to be said it was good to see Rangers now accepting their current status in the game as a 3rd division team what with turning up at a top league team in the cup with a couple of hundred fans and an awful team.