PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Claros

theonlywayisup
01-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Reading the Evening News article, it looks like he enjoys being in Edinburgh and playing for Hibs. I really loved his reaction to Wotherspoon's goal against THEM.

Good luck when he plays in the World Cup Qualifier.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/jorge-claros-vows-to-repay-hibs-faith-1-2771484

down-the-slope
01-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Jorge is my current cult hero - when he is on song we play so much better

Mr White
01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Good to see he's put back his trip to join up with his national team so he can play against the dons in the cup.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Really glad he is staying. Too player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultrabee1-0
01-02-2013, 09:01 PM
I love the boy I can see him signing a deal in the summer for us he seems a nice loyal player and he rarely puts a foot wrong now a days, his english has came on a barrel load since last season.
Viva claros.

Vault Boy
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Class act. I'd love him to stay permanently, and I think he would like to as well. :big grin:

Sir David Gray
01-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Glad to hear he's staying for the cup game on Sunday.

He's certainly played well this season, a lot better than last season anyway and I've no doubts that the fact his family has now joined him in Scotland has really helped him.

IainA
01-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I love the boy I can see him signing a deal in the summer for us he seems a nice loyal player and he rarely puts a foot wrong now a days, his english has came on a barrel load since last season.
Viva claros.

Couldn't have put it better - he come across as a genuine guy too

:top marks

Russell The Dug
01-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Honestly fantastic. Mon the ****ing cabbage! X

Hibee87
01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Honestly fantastic. Mon the ****ing cabbage! X

how some people on here cant see he is a brill player is beyond me :confused:

CapitalHibs
02-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Class act. I'd love him to stay permanently, and I think he would like to as well. :big grin:

I would agree with that. Honduras rates as one of the most violent countries in the world. I think Jorge would prefer the relative safety of Scotland (Deegan attacking neds excepted!) as he seems to adore his wife and kid.

steakbake
02-02-2013, 01:20 AM
For my part, he and his family are very welcome in our city and our country. Hope he signs a permo after all of this. On his game, he's exactly what we need.

Thecat23
02-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Claros would happily stay in Edinburgh for another 5 years if he could. He loves this city and he is understanding our game a lot more now. His family don't want to leave and that also played a big part in him staying. He's genuinely loves Hibs and also can't stand that mob over the road. I hope come the summer we tie him down for another couple of years. He's a class player.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Quality player and seems to be a nice guy as well, the Neutrals I watch games with nearly always see him as one of our better players / passers, I think he really does have a football brain on him, delighted he has signed again, love to keep him.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Claros would happily stay in Edinburgh for another 5 years if he could. He loves this city and he is understanding our game a lot more now. His family don't want to leave and that also played a big part in him staying. He's genuinely loves Hibs and also can't stand that mob over the road. I hope come the summer we tie him down for another couple of years. He's a class player.

I hope he stays too, i never thought id say that after last season, but he's converted me 100%. Every team needs a player like him, and we'd miss him big style if he left imo. He always likes to keep the ball, he wont give it away cheaply, but if he does misplace a pass, nobody in the team works harder at getting it back. :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
02-02-2013, 09:02 AM
I hope he stays too, i never thought id say that after last season, but he's converted me 100%. Every team needs a player like him, and we'd miss him big style if he left imo. He always likes to keep the ball, he wont give it away cheaply, but if he does misplace a pass, nobody in the team works harder at getting it back. :thumbsup:

:agree:

That's about right. And I'm convinced he could do equally well in a more advanced midfield role if ever he was asked to play there.

LeighLoyal
02-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Maybe play him alongside Craig next year if he does sign on perm, and we'll see the best of him, just now you can tell he's a player but imo he needs to play alongside a guy who gets forward more so he can concentrate on what he does best - getting the ball and passing. Glad he's still here though, has class.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2013, 09:11 AM
:agree:

That's about right. And I'm convinced he could do equally well in a more advanced midfield role if ever he was asked to play there.

I think he could too, although i don't think he'd be a player who'd break into the box and score bundles of goals, he has the ability to make a pass further up the park. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2013, 09:39 AM
He has adapted really well in his time with us. but I wouldn't blame anyone who thought that we had been sold a pup based on his first outings. Now as much as we can see his improvement and his potential, the person that really needs to show his trust in him is Pat Fenlon, and he can start by picking a midfield that compliments his abiliities rather than stifles them by picking players that are similar.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2013, 09:47 AM
He has adapted really well in his time with us. but I wouldn't blame anyone who thought that we had been sold a pup based on his first outings. Now as much as we can see his improvement and his potential, the person that really needs to show his trust in him is Pat Fenlon, and he can start by picking a midfield that compliments his abiliities rather than stifles them by picking players that are similar.

Yip i'd agree with most of that, and Pat has brought in 2 midfielders in the last week in Robertson and Done who will hopefully help in making us more creative.

hibsmad
02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
In my opinion Claros, along with Leigh, is the most naturally gifted player at the club.

I would be absolutely thrilled if we managed to get him on a permanent contract at the end of the season, as we would either have a player who would go on to do great for the club, or would make the club a tidy profit from a big money move.

The guy moved from Honduras to Scotland and people expected him to hit the ground running. Ok players sometimes manage it but it should never be expected. I also didn't realise he never saw his son for the first three months of his life which obviously make it worse.

Jorge Claros is a class act!

brydekirk
02-02-2013, 11:43 AM

This

Thecat23
02-02-2013, 11:47 AM

That's exactly how I feel about him BH. He's a hard worker and he rarely gives the ball away. Last season I couldn't care less if he went but he's defo a player we can't afford to lose right now.