PDA

View Full Version : Cheltenham Antepost bets

IanM
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Don't know what following this board has for the horses but is there anyone who's dabbled in the ante post market for the festival in March? or has any strong fancies?

Pretty Boy
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I stuck a huge wedge on Big Bucks at 15/8 thinking I was robbing the bookies blind, one injury later and I dont feel so smart. Since Big Bucks injury i've cleaned up twice with Reve De Sivola and at 9/2 antepost I could tempted to back him for the World Hurdle, would have to be looking like heavy goingthough.

Champion Hurdle has about 4 potential winners. Zarkandar, Hurricane Fly, Cinders and Ashes, and Countrywide Flame and thats before mentioning last years winner Rock on Ruby or the impressive novice Grumeti.

Simonsig should win the Arkle.

Qevega will win the Mares Hurdle.

Sprinter Sacre will win the Queen Mothrr Chase.

The tough ones are the Ryanair Chase and the Gold Cup because so many horses are entered in both. For what its worth i'd go Silvnacio Conti for the Gold Cup and Flemstar or Sizing Europe for the Ryanair. Although I wouldnt rule out old timer Imperial Commander or Long Run in the Gold Cup and Flemstar may yet run in that race too.

Pretty Boy
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Darlan, who I somehow managed to miss out of my Champion Hurdle picks, sadly fatally injuredat Doncaster today. Tipped over the last hurdle and suffered a broken neck.

Killiehibbie
13-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I've backed Rock On Ruby for Champion Hurdle.

lord bunberry
19-02-2013, 02:18 PM
3 weeks today. Anyone else heard any tips. I'm heading down for the thursday and friday

jodjam
19-02-2013, 08:50 PM
All this talk of food is making me hungry

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Quite fancy an ew bet on Cottage Oak for The Foxhunters, currently trading at around 11.5 on Betfair.
Won well @ Kelso last month and put up an even better performance when defeating last years Aintree Foxhunters winner Cloudy Lane @ Haydock on Sat.

lord bunberry
20-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Quite fancy an ew bet on Cottage Oak for The Foxhunters, currently trading at around 11.5 on Betfair.
Won well @ Kelso last month and put up an even better performance when defeating last years Aintree Foxhunters winner Cloudy Lane @ Haydock on Sat.

I've been quite lucky in that race in the past. I like a horse to be up with the pace as there tends to be carnage behind

gringojoe
20-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Only two so far Long Run for the Gold Cup and Solwhit for World Hurdle.

IanM
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM

I'm a huge admirer of Chapoturgeon (on at 13) for the foxhunters. Unlucky last year and with Salsify's form not holding up that well since I'm convinved he'll go one better this year.

Bordoni for the Fred West
Cantflow for the JLT (with a run)
Pendra for the Vincent O Brien

that's my ante posts so far.. down for the first 3 days then back up with my tail between my legs again!

Pretty Boy
04-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Gone £20 on Arabella Boy at 6s in the Glenfarclas Cross Country.

£50 on Reve De Sivola in the World Hurdle at 4/1 and nightly prayers for rain between now and then.

Killiehibbie
04-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Gone £20 on Arabella Boy at 6s in the Glenfarclas Cross Country.

£50 on Reve De Sivola in the World Hurdle at 4/1 and nightly prayers for rain between now and then.15mm of rain forecast between now and next Tuesday, going will probably be good/soft.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Bordoni for the Fred West

I used to stay in Gloucester when I went down for The Festival, but, that's quite a funny typo!

Pretty Boy
05-03-2013, 07:20 PM
William Hill going 10/1 on Long Run for the Gold Cup.

That has to be worth a look even with the indifferent form and dodgy jockey.

Hiber-nation
05-03-2013, 09:05 PM
William Hill going 10/1 on Long Run for the Gold Cup.

That has to be worth a look even with the indifferent form and dodgy jockey.

Who's on? I haven't had a bet on the nags since last year's National so a bit out of touch!

Pretty Boy
06-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Who's on? I haven't had a bet on the nags since last year's National so a bit out of touch!

Sam Waley-Cohen.

Amateur, son of the owner.

IanM
06-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Sam Waley-Cohen.

maximum £10 bet.. not much of a value bet from WH if you ask me.

IanM
06-03-2013, 08:39 AM
I used to stay in Gloucester when I went down for The Festival, but, that's quite a funny typo!

haha.. fred winter fred winter fred winter.. dont want to be going down looking for a punt on fred west!

Hiber-nation
06-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Sam Waley-Cohen.

Cheers, I see what you mean but it probably wouldn't put me off.

Killiehibbie
06-03-2013, 02:32 PM
maximum £10 bet.. not much of a value bet from WH if you ask me.Just a publicity stunt not to be taken serious. They don't really want us backing horses just playing games they have a guaranteed margin.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2013, 05:01 PM
maximum £10 bet.. not much of a value bet from WH if you ask me.

Aah didn't see that.

Killiehibbie
07-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Coral going evens Sprinter Sacre. Max bet £20 if you can get it, they offered me a tenner.