Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern

Taiwo Claros

Wotherspoon Cairney Done

Griffiths

Discuss ?

:pfgwa:hibees:flag::flag:

Andy74
31-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Not with those players if all fit. Deegan and Robertson for Taiwo and Wotherspoon.

Nevi_SOL
31-01-2013, 10:41 PM
aw aye forgot about robertson. see just shows you the depth we have for midfield. If we play this formation gives you alot of back up

Hermit Crab
31-01-2013, 10:45 PM
anyone think this could be the case from now on

Williams

Taiwo Claros

Wotherspoon Cairney Done

Griffiths

Discuss ?

Doyle??

shetlandhibee
31-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Williams

Maybury
Mcpake
hanlon
stevenson

Done
claros
deegan
cairney

Handling/Doyle
griffiths

This would be my team. Bearing in mind I've not seen Robertson play. Imo Clancy is better than maybury but maybury is more attacking and gives us a different dimension, plus I would like to see him with a little bit more game time to prove himself.

hfcpaul
31-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Williams

Maybury
Mcpake
hanlonf
stevenson

Done
claros
deegan
cairney

Handling/Doyle
griffiths

This would be my team. Bearing in mind I've not seen Robertson play. Imo Clancy is better than maybury but maybury is more attacking and gives us a different dimension, plus I would like to see him with a little bit more game time to prove himself.
No migivern in your team??

California-Hibs
31-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Williams

Maybury
Mcpake
hanlon
stevenson

Done
claros
deegan
cairney

Handling/Doyle
griffiths

Stevenson ahead of Mcgivern.....are you feeling unwell sir?

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 11:00 PM
As long as it's a proper 4-2-3-1, with the 3 midfielders actually attacking, rather than a glorified 4-5-1. Could definitely work with Robertson/Cairney/Done(by the sounds of things) and it fits Deegan and Claros perfectly.

Nevi_SOL
31-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Big Fan of Doyler but seems to be hot and cold sometimes but he could fit in instead of spoony.
Mcgivern before stevenson every time at LB. although stevenson has proved himself worthy of that position.

J-C
31-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Would have Taiwo instead of Deegan the crab any day.

sesoim
31-01-2013, 11:33 PM
anyone think this could be the case from now on

Williams

Taiwo Claros

Wotherspoon Cairney Done

Griffiths

Discuss ?

We seriously need another striker and attacking (goalscoring) midfielder.

The central midfield are slow and only seem to make short easy passes. DW is ineffective too often, and Cairney has unfortunately lost form. Griffiths is being marked out of games because he is our only decent threat.

That looks like a team that would get us.................................... a lot of 1-0 defeats.

J-C
01-02-2013, 07:32 AM
This would be my team

Wiliams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern/Stevenson

Wotherspoon/Doyle
Claros/Deegan
Robertson
Done

Cairney

Griffiths/Doyle/Handling

Subs- Murdoch Doyle Stevenson Handling Stanton Taiwo Horribine

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-02-2013, 07:57 AM
@@@@@@@@@Williams@@@@@@@@@

Clancy@@@McPake@@@Hanlon@@@McGivern

@@@@@@Claros@@@Deegan@@@@@@

@@@Robertson@@@Cairney@@@Done@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@Sparky@@@@@@@@@

number9dream
01-02-2013, 08:15 AM
We'll have to wait and see how Robertson & Done settle in. Hopefully, the latter can inject some pace and bring balance to the left flank.
Cairney & Wotherspoon have both gone off the boil lately, along with a few others! But they remain our best bet of providing a defence-opening pass. I don't remember that being part of Robertson's game.
4-4-1-1 might work but only if Cairney plays close enough to Griffiths.
However, I suspect wee Pat is always going to want the defensively-minded Deegan and/or Taiwo in beside Claros, which bumps Robertson out of the middle...

Williams
Clancy McPake, Hanlon McGovern
Wotherspoon Claros Robertson Done
Cairney
Griffiths

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 09:31 AM
If all fit my team would be.

Williams

Clancy JMP Hanlon McGivern

Claros Deegan

Cairney/Doyle Robertson Done

Sparky

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Williams

Claros Deegan

Done Robertson Cairney

Griffiths

Thank you please

bingo70
01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Williams

Claros Deegan

Done Robertson Cairney

Griffiths

Thank you please

I think that'll be pretty close to being spot on, I'd probably swap cairney and done, but in general I think the three behind Griffiths will be flexible

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM
I think that'll be pretty close to being spot on, I'd probably swap cairney and done, but in general I think the three behind Griffiths will be flexible

:agree:

Not sure if Done is a lefty or a righty :confused:

Cairney has been good on the left, cutting inside onto his right, scored a few and set up a few that way..

Either way I hope we line up like this!!

bingo70
01-02-2013, 10:17 AM
:agree:

Not sure if Done is a lefty or a righty :confused:

Cairney has been good on the left, cutting inside onto his right, scored a few and set up a few that way..

Either way I hope we line up like this!!

Dones a wrong 'un- a leftie.

My only concern about it is Griffiths being isolated up top on his own, in theory it shouldn't happen but when we've played anything like this system before that's what's happened, hopefully having an out and out winger rather than a midfielder playing wide will solve that, but that's definately my concern.

I've also been wondering if having a quick winger on the left might benefit whoever's playing on the right, if him being there causes the other team to drop a bit deeper it might just open up a bit space for us to exploit.

JustSimplyHibs
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd go for

__________Williams

Clancy McGirven Hanlon Stevenson

________Degan Robertson

Doyle Cairney Done

____________Griffiths

Subs
GK, McPake, Maybury, Wotherspoon, Handling, Claros, Tawio

lyonhibs
01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
1 up top at home should be illegal. It never works with the calibre of player (even now) that we have. Those marauding 3 players that people envisage attacking in waves almost always get dragged back into the harum scarum world of an SPL midfield battle, leaving Sparky up top on his tod.

Looks great on paper, but unless Robertson and Done can properly show the quality - in a Hibs shirt - to elevate themselves above the average SPL dirge then this will most probably not work in real life.

Hibee87
01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Williams

Claros Deegan

Done Robertson Cairney

Griffiths

Thank you please

Same as Bingo that should/would be my team of choice but swap cairney and done.

then we have sufficent cover if needed in spoony,doyle,handling,caldwell,taiwo,stevenson,may bury,keeper(i forget his name now) and kuqi.

:flag:

greenteam
01-02-2013, 11:31 AM
I think we should play a 3-4-1-2 system.
Reason.....I think that we have the defensive midfield players to cover this.

Williams
Clancy McPake McGivern
Done Deegan Claros thingy???
Robertson
Doyle Griff

Its not as mad as it seems :na na:

greenteam
01-02-2013, 11:33 AM

Williams
Clancy McPake McGivern
Robertson
Doyle Griff

Cairney, bloody Cairney lol
:faf:

IFONLY
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM

Williams
Clancy McPake McGivern
Robertson
Doyle Griff

No Hanlon, I would have him in long before the liability by the name of McPake.

greenteam
01-02-2013, 12:06 PM

Or Hanlon...good point m8 :top marks

Dinkydoo
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM

So if it was up to you then our captian wouldn't be in the starting 11 most weeks?

IFONLY
01-02-2013, 12:25 PM
So if it was up to you then our captian wouldn't be in the starting 11 most weeks?

You`ve got it in one. Being captain does /should not make him immune to being left out.

greenteam
01-02-2013, 12:27 PM

thats got me thinking too much now. Who would I play in that formation, if they were both fit?????

hard choice that :confused:

J-C
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Why are some peeps still putting Cairney on the left or right, when we've all been saying we need him in the middle.

Williams

Doyle Claros Robertson Done

Cairney

Griffiths

IFONLY
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Why are some peeps still putting Cairney on the left or right, when we've all been saying we need him in the middle.

Williams

Claros

Doyle Spoony Robertson Done

Cairney

Griffiths

With 12 players we may have a chance of winning!!!!!!!!!

JDHibs
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Well since the **** have been cheating for years we may aswell try it!

Winning team!

greenteam
01-02-2013, 03:06 PM

Williams

Claros

Doyle Spoony Robertson Done

Cairney

Griffiths

and why is Doyle a winger??? No m8, we need Cairney cutting in from the wing. We signed Robertson as an AMF, not a central midfielder. What we need to do is play a more open attacking game. I dont give a toss if we concede 4 goals...as long as we score 5.
Until Craig gets here we are going to have a problem, so lets just go for it

J-C
01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
With 12 players we may have a chance of winning!!!!!!!!!

OOOps meant to put Claros beside Robertson :greengrin:greengrin

J-C
01-02-2013, 03:13 PM
and why is Doyle a winger??? No m8, we need Cairney cutting in from the wing. We signed Robertson as an AMF, not a central midfielder. What we need to do is play a more open attacking game. I dont give a toss if we concede 4 goals...as long as we score 5.
Until Craig gets here we are going to have a problem, so lets just go for it

Doyle has been playing there this past few games, has more pace than Spoony and gets up to support Griffiths a lot, unless we're gonna play 2 up then it's the only place for Doyle to get a game.
Playing a 4-4-1-1 will let Robertson get forward from the middle, Cairney has no pace to play wide it's there for all to see, we need him central to utilise his creativity. If Robertson is box to box then he can still cover back when needed and also link up in attack, Spoony cannot play wide, he has no pace and refuses to get back to cover, unlike Doyle.
As for Claros, then either him or Taiwo as the holding mid.

AlbertK86
01-02-2013, 03:33 PM

Williams

Doyle Claros Robertson Done

Cairney

Griffiths

That's the team for me

cammy1969
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
williams

clancy mcpake hanlon mcgiven

<- claros ->

cairney robertson done

doyle griffiths

this would'nt suit every game but for me i'd like us to play a bit more forward for a change and i dont get the 2 holding midfielders. it just lets teams come on to us without us us trying to go forward, if need be robertson can drop off and support when need be. also 4-2-3-1 leaves the striker up on his own with, 2 up top with there movement it would keep there defenders from pushing forward and help keep us on the forward foot

mon the cabbage
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
How many of us has actually watched Done? everyone has him in our best midfield already!

silverhibee
02-02-2013, 12:35 AM
I will just leave it to PF to pick the team, he will no better than us what will be his best team to put out. :wink::greengrin:agree:

Dinkydoo
02-02-2013, 12:38 AM
You`ve got it in one. Being captain does /should not make him immune to being left out.

No, it doesn't mean that he is immune to being dropped but 'you'd have Hanlon in long before the' "liability McPake" suggests to me that he shouldn't be captain. If he's that bad, who would you have replace him - and the arm band?

McPake hasn't been consistently good since the beginning of this and the end of last season but you would struggle to find ANY Hibs player who has performed well all season.

You've exaggerated, which is fine - everyone does it.

Dinkydoo
02-02-2013, 12:43 AM
thats got me thinking too much now. Who would I play in that formation, if they were both fit?????

hard choice that :confused:

A straight choice between our captain and Hanlon would, and should, result in the captain being chosen almost every time.

If the captain's name isn't one of the first names on the team sheet then he shouldn't be captain.

Sure, drop him for a game or two when unfit or totally out of form, but that is fundamentally different from choosing another player over him, when both are fit and able.

Scooter
02-02-2013, 07:21 AM
@@@@@@@@@Williams@@@@@@@@@

Clancy@@@McPake@@@Hanlon@@@McGivern

@@@@@@Claros@@@Deegan@@@@@@

@@@Robertson@@@Cairney@@@Done@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@Sparky@@@@@@@@@

Me personally only change I'd make is deegan out tawio in