PDA

View Full Version : What's our best new midfield line-up?

California-Hibs
31-01-2013, 11:22 PM
So, now that we have Done and Robertson added, what midfield do you think Pat will be going with now?

I'd personally line up with

Done Cairney Robertson Wotherspoon

Although for me right midfield is a very tricky one. I'm not a big fan of Wotherspoon, but if we had Claros, Deegan, or Tawio in there then i don't feel they'd be comfortable atall. At the same time i doubt this will be our midfield as i can't see those 3 players all being on the bench.
Robertson's best position is centre midfield though, and the lad done is a left winger, which i think would suit Cairney because i feel he'd give us more playing in the middle.

What do you all think?

CorrieHibs
31-01-2013, 11:25 PM
So, now that we have Done and Robertson added, what midfield do you think Pat will be going with now?

I'd personally line up with

Done Cairney Robertson Wotherspoon

Although for me right midfield is a very tricky one. I'm not a big fan of Wotherspoon, but if we had Claros, Deegan, or Tawio in there then i don't feel they'd be comfortable atall. At the same time i doubt this will be our midfield as i can't see those 3 players all being on the bench.
Robertson's best position is centre midfield though, and the lad done is a left winger, which i think would suit Cairney because i feel he'd give us more playing in the middle.

What do you all think?

Looks good but a bit attacking. Would have claros or Tawio in there.

GJ1875
31-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I'd personally play Done & Cairney on the flanks with Deegan doing the dirty work Infront of the defence (sheer determination to win and get stuck in just edges him over Claros for me granted its not been shown recently but whole team has been lacking) with Robertson supporting the attack.

Heisenberg
31-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Claros Robertson

Spoony Cairney Done

Vault Boy
31-01-2013, 11:28 PM
On current form I'd stick Claros in for Spoony and have Cairney on the wing. With the signings we have made, we have a few decent options at our disposal now! :thumbsup:

thebakerboy
31-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Think our midfield should and probably will be

Claros sitting in front of the back 4

With. Cairney. Roberson and Done in front and Sparky and Doyle up front.

At least at home but maybe with Deegan or Taiwo with Claros and Doyle on bench away.

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Wylde - Flood - Thompson - Swanson

:greengrin

Andy74
31-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Deegan and Claros sitting. Robertson in front. Done and Cairney either side of Grifiths.

Sooner everyone realises Deegan is one of the first on the teamsheet the better!

JHFC
31-01-2013, 11:35 PM
we could probably play a 4231.

Williams
Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Mcgivern
Claros Deegan
Cairney Robertson Done
Griffiths

Think this is our strongest XI

Leishy1995
31-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Claros - Deegan
Done - Robertson - Cairney

Griffiths up top, rotating with Doyle. Give the lad a fright being benched.

shetlandhibee
31-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Done-claros-Robertson-cairney

Andy74
31-01-2013, 11:38 PM

Williams
Claros Deegan
Cairney Robertson Done
Griffiths

Agree.

The_Horde
31-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Done Deegan Claros Robertson Cairney

lucky
31-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Williams
Clancy
Hanlon
Mcgirven
Stevenson
Claros
Cairney
Robertson
Done
Doyle
Griffiths

HibeeSince85
31-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern
Claros
Robertson Cairney Done
Doyle Griffiths

Murdoch, Maybury, Stevenson, Taiwo, Deegan, Spoony(Oops..Forgot him), Handling/Caldwell

California-Hibs
31-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Cairney right midfield?? I like the look of it but has he ever played there?! Always been on the left/middle has he not?

HibeeBigFly
31-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Williams

Cairney Stevenson or Claros Robertson Wotherspoon

Griffiths Handling

Deegan, Doyle, Maybury, Caldwell, Murdoch and Taiwo on bench

J-C
01-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Williams

Spoony/Doyle Claros/Taiwo Robertson/Deegan Done

Cairney

Griffiths

Leishy1995
01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Williams

Clancy - Mcpake - Hanlon - Mcgivern/Stevenson

Claros - Deegan

Robertson

Done Cairney

Leigh/Eoin

Basically more a 4-6-0, Mcpake playing the Puyol role and Hanlon Pique. Clancy taking Dani Alves' role on the right back bombing up the line, Stevenson/Mcgivern doing the same.

Claros playing the Xavi role with Deegan acting as Busquets.

Robertson is my Iniesta with Done playing as the Pedro and Cairney as Fabregas.

Leigh or Doyle can play the Messi role.

true story.:agree:

thebakerboy
01-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Cairney right midfield?? I like the look of it but has he ever played there?! Always been on the left/middle has he not?

The one big thing I disagree with Nutsy I like right footed players on the right and leftys on the left at least in attack. See Ivan playing on right for Staggies and doing well , always played on left by Fenlon did not work. Cairney is right footed mainly and nearly always goes inside on left , maybe on right he could go outside to the byline more often. But I do like the idea of Cairney Robertson and Done as a three in front of Claros or Claros and Deegan/Taiwo.

Liams
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
You may aswell as stevenson in the mix too.. If you look at the midfield if we were too play sparky uptop on his own then you have; spoony, cairny, done, doyle (attacking minded) Robertson, deegan, claros, tawio and stevenson (more deffensive) and you can also add handling inthere too..

However we played well/went on a run when we played te same team every week.. So i wouldny want a rotation system to happen.. Hard times for PF

FranckSuzy
01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
You may aswell as stevenson in the mix too.. If you look at the midfield if we were too play sparky uptop on his own then you have; spoony, cairny, done, doyle (attacking minded) Robertson, deegan, claros, tawio and stevenson (more deffensive) and you can also add handling inthere too..

However we played well/went on a run when we played te same team every week.. So i wouldny want a rotation system to happen.. Hard times for PF

You may aswell add stevenson in the mix too.. If you look at the midfield if we were too play sparky uptop on his own then you have; spoony, cairny, done, doyle (attacking minded) Robertson, deegan, claros, tawio and stevenson (more deffensive) and you can also add handling inthere too..

You may aswell add stevenson in the mix too.. If you look at the midfield if we were too play sparky uptop on his own then you have; spoony, cairny, done, doyle (attacking minded) Robertson, deegan, claros, tawio and stevenson (more deffensive) and you can also add handling inthere too..

Roger, hearing you loud and clear :greengrin Over.

scoopyboy
01-02-2013, 01:18 PM

Williams
Claros Deegan
Cairney Robertson Done
Griffiths

I would go with that.

frazeHFC
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
At the moment i would go with

Claros Robertson Taiwo

Doyle ------------------- Done
Griffiths

Taiwo and Claros have been really good, i would be a bit disappointed if either of them is left out just now.

danhibees1875
01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Claros Robertson

Spoony Cairney Done

We have a lot of options available to us and I can't think of one that automatically hits me as 'ideal' but I think this is what I would go for.

Spoony can be a bit hit or miss but I think he has been fairly direct with his play in comparison to others in midfield so worth having in there. :agree:

Hibercelona
01-02-2013, 01:27 PM
How can randomly sticking "Done" in there make it our best midfield line up?

We haven't even seen him kick a ball yet. :confused:

patlowe
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure I'd have Done in my 'best 11' without seeing him play first. Does anyone have any idea how good he is? I would personally go for:

Williams
Clancy
Hanlon
McPake
McGivern
Deegan
Claros
Robertson
Cairney
Spoony
Griffiths

Liams
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Roger, hearing you loud and clear :greengrin Over.

Sorry stupid signall on my iphone made it send ot 3times ahah

HibernianJK
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM

Williams
Claros Deegan
Cairney Robertson Done
Griffiths

this. three behind sparky can move/change rather than be a rigid 3

frazeHFC
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM

I put him in because surely he will give us something we don't have, going by the 'fast skillfull winger' description from PF.

greenteam
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Done Deegan Claros Cairney

Robertson

3 at the back and griff and Doyle up front

FranckSuzy
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I put him in because surely he will give us something we don't have, going by the 'fast skillfull winger' description from PF.

:agree: Also, he's an unknown quantity to Aberdeen too :wink:

andrew70
01-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Claros Taiwo
Done Robertson Cairney

pacorosssco
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
feel for stevenson as been one of the better players of late , so two line ups

williams
mcpake hanlon mcgivern
wotherspoon deegan claros stevenson
cairney
done leigh

williams
clancy mcpake hanlon mcgivern
deegan
robertson stevenson
wotherspoon
leigh done

to me wotherspoon has been poor and would be the first to lose a start in these formations

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Williams

Cairney Claros Robertson Done (I'll wait until I see him)

Griffiths Handling

Doyle
Taiwo
Deegan
Wotherspoon
Kuqi
Maybury
A-team

trev the hat
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Due to injuries and current form i,d start with this assuming all are fit. No Deegan or McPake for me and Mcgivern was excellent at CB when asked thus accomodating LS who has been consistent.

Williams

Maybury Hanlon Mgivern Stevenson

Claros

Robertson Cairney Done

Griffiths Handling

Cocaine&Caviar
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Hard one,

- we need pace so Done has to play
- Robertson is our best all round CM and has to play
- Cairney has done well so either plays on the right or behind Leigh
- Claros is a decent possession retainer
- Deegan gives us bite
- Taiwo is a tidy player
- Stevenson has done great at LB
- Doyle and Leigh have been a foundation of our early success, so do we go Doyle wide?

Fenlon work your magic.

Imand
02-02-2013, 04:03 PM

Williams
Claros Deegan
Cairney Robertson Done
Griffiths

Agree with this line up :aok:

Prof. Shaggy
02-02-2013, 04:08 PM

This has crossed my mind too!

AlbertK86
02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
If playing 4 in midfield

Doyle Robertson. Claros. Done

Cairney on a free role behind Sparky

If 4-2-3-1

Robertson. Claros/deegs/Taiwo

Doyle/ handling Cairney. Done

We now have a few options which will mean competition for places and hopefully perk us up a bit

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2013, 04:11 PM
This has crossed my mind too!

I'd imagine its because we are pish wide, and the managers seen this and brought someone in to remedy the situation? I'm willing to bet he's not said to himself, christ we have no pace or creativity, what we need is someone worse than we already have?

hfc rd
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Deegan Claros

Cairney Robertson Done

Brightside
03-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Deegan Claros

Cairney Robertson Done

On current form Deegan shouldnt be on the pitch. Lacking in effort. Expect Done to be on the bench.

PeterboroHibee
03-02-2013, 09:37 AM

Williams
Claros Deegan
Cairney Robertson Done
Griffiths

Depending on what Done is like, I agree with that. Most of them are fairly good on the ball so it needs to be drilled into them to keep it on the ground, no point playing that sort of formation and just aimlessly booting the ball up to Griffiths all game.

Andy74
03-02-2013, 09:55 AM
On current form Deegan shouldnt be on the pitch. Lacking in effort. Expect Done to be on the bench.

Deegan lacking in effort. Aye I've read it all now.

Beefster
03-02-2013, 09:59 AM

Given how you jump to his defence, I'm guessing you think as highly of Deegan as you did of O'Brien?

Andy74
03-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Given how you jump to his defence, I'm guessing you think as highly of Deegan as you did of O'Brien?

Aye that's a new one.

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2013, 10:19 AM
I think I'll wait and see what new players/combinations have to offer before I comment on the best line up.

Brightside
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM

He's been poor since he came back into the team. 2nd in the tackle far too often and his passing has been below the standard required. We really dont need 3 holding players, and on current form Claros is ahead of him. You may disagree but thats how many people see it.

Fergos
03-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Deegan has been poor since he came back into team, maybe getting back up to speed etc, but agree that on current from he would be on the bench. I like Deegan, he has bite but he's been slow on the ball and hasn't picked a pass in weeks.

Hard to say on the 2 new boys until they get a run, but I'd be tempted to set the midfield up with 5, Cairney getting the supporting role off Sparky.

The rest at the moments up to debate, be good to get some clear starters based on form and the ability to get over the half way line starting Today!

GGTTH.

J-C
03-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Still can't believe we've got people wanting 2 holding midfielder when our main problem is that we allow teams to come onto us and by having 2 holders that's exactly what happens. 1 holding is enough and with Done coming in, this allows Cairney to be more central, where everyone has been saying he should be, deegan is too slow and is like a crab, not been impressed with him and wouldn't be fussed if he was dropped.

Paloschi
03-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I think as the weeks go on we will be able to identify our best midfield combination.

Personally, I think a 4-3-1-2 with Doyle and Griffiths up top

Supported by Deegan, Claros, Robertson as a mdifield 3 and Cairney in the hole behind the forwards.

Alex Trager
03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I'd go wild and play
Claros or Deegan In front of the defence.
Done and wotherspoon/Robertson on the wings.
Cairney behind the front two

Williams
Deegan-probably
Done Spoon
Cairney
Doyle Griffiths