PDA

View Full Version : Could we play Kajabi on the wing?

spike220
31-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Okay he is not a defender, but could he give us the width we need on the wing. He is fast and supplied a goal scoring cross for GOC in the SC semi. I liked the look of him going forward and thinks he gives us options. Now that our defence is tight I think we can afford to experiment, he has some time on his contract too.

Saorsa
31-01-2013, 10:11 PM
NO!

http://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/facepalm_smiley.gif

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 10:12 PM
http://ministryplace.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Third-party-facepalm.jpg

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Why not give Done a chance first before letting him loose on us again?

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 10:15 PM
http://fail.brm.sk/facepalm/extremefacepalm.png

Hiber-nation
Okay he is not a defender, but could he give us the width we need on the wing. He is fast and supplied a goal scoring cross for GOC in the SC semi. I liked the look of him going forward and thinks he gives us options. Now that our defence is tight I think we can afford to experiment, he has some time on his contract too.

OK, Kujabi has never been near the squad all season. Now we sign a left winger. And you are asking if Kuj....:confused:

Fergus52
I actually always thought going forward he seemed pretty decent.

Just his defensive positioning and concentration let him down.

I expect to be in the minority but a couple of injuries/suspensions and I'd happily see this tried.

Tin hat on :tin hat:

Andy74
31-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Why not give Done a chance first before letting him loose on us again?

We misuse wingers mind. Done will be right back.

.Sean.
31-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Only if it's being played on a busy road.

RIP
31-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Based on skill and brains - no

Based on speed, giving 100% and tracking back - perhaps

Hermit Crab
31-01-2013, 10:22 PM

Nice try :faf: :faf: :fishin: :fishin: :troll: :troll:

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 10:23 PM

1) His name is Kujabi
2)
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1266/4706853733_6b06f9bff7.jpg

Captain Trips
31-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I would rather we start with 10 men than play him in any position.

TRC
31-01-2013, 10:47 PM
unless its the mental wing in a hospital then no, the guy thinks he's Roberto Carlos FFS!!

frazeHFC
31-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Not gonna say anything against the OP, as he did do fairly well when attacking for us.....i would rather see what Done is like but wouldn't be against the idea of him getting a chance at LM.

Ozyhibby
31-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Never ever to play for our club again!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Withdrawl symptoms kicked in from the TDD thread! Is it a full moon?

Kenny1875
31-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Hiya Pa!

Scottie
31-01-2013, 11:48 PM
unless its the mental wing in a hospital then no, the guy thinks he's Roberto Carlos FFS!!

Best quote o the night.

basehibby
31-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I actually always thought going forward he seemed pretty decent.

Just his defensive positioning and concentration let him down.

I expect to be in the minority but a couple of injuries/suspensions and I'd happily see this tried.
Tin hat on :tin hat:

Kujabi did ok for us vs bottom half teams last season at LB but didn't have the pace/physique to deal with the wingers he encountered against the better sides in the league. I agree he was good going forward at times showing some good touch and vision and has been somewhat harshly dealt with by some fans in the wake of the debacle in May.

But this season, he's deservedly well down the queue behind McGivern, Stevenson and Maybury for a shot at LB so it would take a few rather than a couple out before I'd be "happy" to see Pa take the field.

As for playing him at LM - once again he had Stevenson and Crainey and now has Done as well ahead of him before he even gets in the picture.

He'd make a cracking LB for a 1st Div side

EdinMike
31-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Is drinking Moonshine something that people do on Transfer Deadline Day !?

...How did I miss this new fad !? :confused:

greenteam
01-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Is drinking Moonshine something that people do on Transfer Deadline Day !?

...How did I miss this new fad !? :confused:

Its something I always worry about. Why the hell not try it in a friendly. The guy IS a footballer and Hibs have lost out on many a good footballer because they didnt try...Dont think its a bad post TBH

spike220
01-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Its something I always worry about. Why the hell not try it in a friendly. The guy IS a footballer and Hibs have lost out on many a good footballer because they didnt try...Dont think its a bad post TBH

Pleased to see some are discussing in the intended spirit, I was disgusted with what happened in May, but life goes on does it not and kajabi did get a few people off their seats (for the right reason). Maybe PF has tried this in training, we dont know. But the hibs net verdict is either 'gash' or 'cult hero' and there are only a few to realise there are some in between. In fact last time I checked football was a team game and tactics & systems are important as are using strengths of individuals to bolster a team and cover for the weakness of others. Deeks is case and point.

GGTTH

Pete
01-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Pleased to see some are discussing in the intended spirit, I was disgusted with what happened in May, but life goes on does it not and kajabi did get a few people off their seats (for the right reason). Maybe PF has tried this in training, we dont know. But the hibs net verdict is either 'gash' or 'cult hero' and there are only a few to realise there are some in between. In fact last time I checked football was a team game and tactics & systems are important as are using strengths of individuals to bolster a team and cover for the weakness of others. Deeks is case and point.

GGTTH

Ridiculous amount of negative replies.

Orman looked like a great right sided midfielder but I didn't fancy him at right back.

Kujabi is here, he's waiting in the wings so why not experiment?

Gala Foxes
01-02-2013, 05:42 AM
Am amazed Kujabi survived the transfer window, would be a step back if he ever pulled on a Hibs shirt again, anyone that was at Palmerston Park in August would agree

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Was never the guys greatest fan but think its shocking how he has been made a scapegoat for that awful day in May!! To put it in perspective, not many comments on how bad mcpake was that day?? And I love our skipper too, but just putting the whole kujabi thing in.perspective! I was also at qos and he wasnt the only rank rotten player that night either...

alnewhaven
01-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Last year I thought he might have been better deployed at midfield rather than LB. And on THAT day, I dont think his cause was helped by the narrow midfield we deployed, was left too exposed

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-02-2013, 07:26 AM
It is a shame what happened in the final but the formation certainly didn't help him, but every player makes mistakes its just his came against Hearts. Ivan certainly didn't get lambasted for getting sent off in the other game.

It's strange because there was a point when the east were giving him the "ooooh Kujabi" as he turned boys inside out. He definitely could play left wing but for one reason or another he won't at this club.

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2013, 07:31 AM
On the wing boeing 747?

green glory
01-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I don't know why we can't give him a shot in goals, after all that Williams character isn't doing us any favours!

spike220
01-02-2013, 09:24 AM
It is a shame what happened in the final but the formation certainly didn't help him, but every player makes mistakes its just his came against Hearts. Ivan certainly didn't get lambasted for getting sent off in the other game.

It's strange because there was a point when the east were giving him the "ooooh Kujabi" as he turned boys inside out. He definitely could play left wing but for one reason or another he won't at this club.

:agree: A short memory some folk have, I think he has been the token scape goat for the final. It is easier to blame one player than look at what happened that day.

LeighLoyal
01-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Couldn't do any worse.

Hibee Ryan
01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
All things aside he's just not very good. He's our 5th choice LM if he's lucky and 4th choice LB. The guy just isn't good enough and unless there is a properly massive injury crisis we won't see him on the bench never mind the pitch

TrinityHibby
02-02-2013, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=Judas Iscariot;3492523]On the wing boeing 747?[/QUOTE
I could see that fixture being a sell out:na na:

bigwheel
02-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Ridiculous amount of negative replies.

Orman looked like a great right sided midfielder but I didn't fancy him at right back.

Kujabi is here, he's waiting in the wings so why not experiment?

Never thought I'd see Orman used as a positive comparison - he was murder....in any position ...

500miles
02-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Never thought I'd see Orman used as a positive comparison - he was murder....in any position ...

Alen Orman was a proper football player, wasted at Hibs at right back under Williamson.

bigwheel
02-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Alen Orman was a proper football player, wasted at Hibs at right back under Williamson.

he struggled in any position , great effort , no composure