PDA

View Full Version : Matt Done (Confirmed)

Fergus52
31-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Assuming this is going to happen.

Seems a decent player and pretty much what we need out wide.

Had a wee look on a Barnsley forum and they didn't seem to fussed that he was coming here, however many thought that he was unlucky due to injuries and since recovering has not had much of a chance.

Reportedly rejected a 500k bid from Crystal Palace for him in the summer so there must be something there :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Played 30 odd games last season according to Wiki?

Mon Dieu4
31-01-2013, 10:51 PM
on the basis he has the no 10 shirt there i would hope he is half decent, but if wiki is correct 10 goals in 180 appearances isn't great, hope they missed out 79 assists in 180 games!!

other than Kuqi all of Pats signings in the summer were good so i would trust his judgement and see how the guy does, any attack minded player just now is a bonus

Hibhibhooray
31-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Wikipedia has him signed on loan til the end of the season,

stewthehibee
31-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Just heard this is a done deal:thumbsup:

DAVE1875
31-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Wikipedia has him signed on loan til the end of the season,

Didn't know they had a team :confused:

Hiber-nation
31-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Confirmed at last :thumbsup:

Fergus52
31-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Played 30 odd games last season according to Wiki?

aye, this season I mean, he only has 13 or something

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Ivan Sproule on a jet pack.

JimBHibees
31-01-2013, 11:11 PM
aye, this season I mean, he only has 13 or something

Think he has been injured.

California-Hibs
31-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Fenlon - ''He is exactly what we were looking for - a quick, skilful winger with an eye for goal and he will provide us with an extra attacking option.''

Fingers crossed he's the winger we've been crying out for! :agree:

Fergus52
31-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Think he has been injured.

aye he has, that's what i was saying.

The fans I saw posting felt that since coming back he's had limited oppertunities

fat freddy
31-01-2013, 11:24 PM
As his anagram suggests he may be a bit of a hothead...'' A T.N.T. Dome''....but he might get full marks on match of the day...''A m.o.t.d. ten''....clutching at straws now, he might be explosive and put a dent in oppostion defences...''ATOM DENT''

I'll get my 'taco'..:taxi

Hibhibhooray
31-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Didn't know they had a team :confused:

Football folk no what I mean't, :wink: transfer window nervs or its my fat fingers, :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
31-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Shamelessly stolen from Crystal Palace forum (they were poised to sign him in the last summer window)

Matt Done seems to fit the Palace specifications, in that he is young, a bit of a rough diamond, and could be improved further, but clearly has talent and has done very well at Barnsley by all accounts. He plays as winger which is the position Palace are looking to fill. He wouldnt cost a lot of money.

Sounds promising

basehibby
31-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Well thank FFT! Was always a must - we've been crying out for a pacy option on the wings all season. We had Sproule but I tend to agree with the opinion that he was not providing the same threat he had previously with Hibs. I think Done is at a better stage of his career to kick on and do the business - welcome Matt (no pun intended) looking forward to seeing you in action :thumbsup:

NOLA
31-01-2013, 11:54 PM
http://www.mightydrive.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Masswelcomemat.jpg

Greentinted
01-02-2013, 12:13 AM

Nice. :top marks

Russell The Dug
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Welcome to the club Matt.

If Keith Hill rated you enough to take you from the Dales to Barnsley that's good enough for me.

Gmack7
01-02-2013, 06:55 AM
is he fit/eligable for sunday?

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 07:01 AM

Beat me to it!

KeithTheHibby
01-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Well done Pat, addressed the problem.

Fingers crossed he turns out to be a good player for us.

LancsHibs
01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Good luck to Matt, he and SR will help to bolster our midfield and make us more of an attacking unit:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
01-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Welcome Matt - may your Hibernian career be a happy and fruitful one.

For everyone's sake I just hope that:-

a) He's played in the right position and

b) He gets decent service and support from the midfield payers.

The defence continually pumping long hopeful balls in his general direction is not what the majority of fans want to see.(I believe)

Fingers crossed that things will improve.

Craig_in_Prague
01-02-2013, 09:26 AM
What's his shirt number?

Done

Done

fat freddy
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
the big question is...which newspaper will be the first to produce this headline after he scores a goal...''Done and Dusted''...my moneys on the D.R.

Spike Mandela
01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Never has one man's arrival prompted so many puns.:greengrin Glad we didn't sign Dean Windass:cb

johnrebus
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
the big question is...which newspaper will be the first to produce this headline after he scores a goal...''Done and Dusted''...my moneys on the D.R.

I thought you said, 'newspaper'?

:confused:

fat freddy
01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Sorry, of course i meant to type 'Sevco Fanzine'

Hiber-nation
01-02-2013, 10:38 AM

Takes me back to "Good Evans - its Gareth!".

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Last season was very good, one of our stand out players but this season has really struggled, his confidence looks extremely low. This move could do him the world of good, and think it will be good for both clubs. Wish we had taken the 500k from Palace in the summer though.

fat freddy
01-02-2013, 10:54 AM
or who could forget the lazy headline writers staple...'Kane Is Able'

TomoHFC
01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Welcome to hibs done

trev the hat
01-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the family Matt, see u Sunday !!!

bingo70
01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Last season was very good, one of our stand out players but this season has really struggled, his confidence looks extremely low. This move could do him the world of good, and think it will be good for both clubs. Wish we had taken the 500k from Palace in the summer though.

Cheers.

We're not on a great run ourselves just now so maybe not ideal place for player lacking in confidence, hopefully if he gets a wee break of the ball or two on his debut that'll give him a boost and he can start to enjoy his football again.

If he does well is it realistic we could keep him next season or will you still likely be wanting a fee for him next year?

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Cheers.

We're not on a great run ourselves just now so maybe not ideal place for player lacking in confidence, hopefully if he gets a wee break of the ball or two on his debut that'll give him a boost and he can start to enjoy his football again.

If he does well is it realistic we could keep him next season or will you still likely be wanting a fee for him next year?

I'm not too sure on how long his contract was, probably has 1 more year left, but I don't think he will fit into our plans, unless he does brilliantly for you then may either keep him or try and get some money for him. I can see him leaving us for a very small fee or on a free.

I forgot to add, he is a player who gives everything and never stops running but just lacks the extra quality needed for the championship.

JustSimplyHibs
01-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm not too sure on how long his contract was, probably has 1 more year left, but I don't think he will fit into our plans, unless he does brilliantly for you then may either keep him or try and get some money for him. I can see him leaving us for a very small fee or on a free.

I forgot to add, he is a player who gives everything and never stops running but just lacks the extra quality needed for the championship.

Which is?????

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Which is?????

?? Not Matt Done

Weej1875
01-02-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing a nice "Matt finish"

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Is he quick, can he beat a man, can he put a decent ball in? Are there any players in his position that we might know that his style of play is similar too? Cheers.

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Is he quick, can he beat a man, can he put a decent ball in? Are there any players in his position that we might know that his style of play is similar too? Cheers.

Hes fast, can sometimes beat a man but depends if he's having a good game. Can't think of any players that match his style, just a real grafter but expect 2/3 crosses to be over hit.

NOLA
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Takes me back to "Good Evans - its Gareth!".

"Evans Above" :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
01-02-2013, 11:36 AM
?? Not Matt Done

Sorry i just asked what that extra quality is.

Can he beat a man?
Does he go in for a tackle?
Can he pass a ball?
Does he communicate?
Does he maintain his position?
etc. etc.

It's just that i personally think the EPL is over-hyped (due to SKY and the money they pump into it) yet the gulf between EPL and Championship is huge over the course of a season.

HibeeN
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Griffiths was also deemed to be not good enough for the Championship and has been doing pretty well up here. Hopefully Done can make a positive impact in the team and give us a bit more of an attacking threat than we've had recently. (Doubly so if he plays on the left and allows Cairney to move into the middle - would be like another new signing as Cairney has been suffering out on the wing).

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry i just asked what that extra quality is.

Can he beat a man?
Does he go in for a tackle?
Can he pass a ball?
Does he communicate?
Does he maintain his position?
etc. etc.

It's just that i personally think the EPL is over-hyped (due to SKY and the money they pump into it) yet the gulf between EPL and Championship is huge over the course of a season.

Sorry didn't know what you were asking

Can he beat a man? Yes at times
Does he go in for a tackle? Yes, always tracks back and helps the fullback
Can he pass a ball? Not his best attribute but can make short passes
Does he communicate? Not too sure about this one, never seen him shouting at anyone, but probably would communicate when needed.
Does he maintain his position? Yes but tracks back.

I think the championship is getting more competitive all the time, teams such as ourselves, Peterborough find it very hard, trying to stick to the financial rules but teams like Leicester, Cardiff ignore this and makes it harder for us. The championship table proves my point, even the likes of Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn are struggling, these are teams that have got very good players, premiership players, plus parachute payments.
The Scottish league to me has always been very poor (no offence) but when you see average league 1/2 players moving and making a big impact, I think Jon Daly is one but I could be wrong.

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Hes fast, can sometimes beat a man but depends if he's having a good game. Can't think of any players that match his style, just a real grafter but expect 2/3 crosses to be over hit.

Thanks for that. That is more than we currently have and if he has a good hard working attitude then he will do well up here.

neil7908
01-02-2013, 12:05 PM

Does he communicate? Not too sure about this one, never seen him shouting at anyone, but probably would communicate when needed.

I think the championship is getting more competitive all the time, teams such as ourselves, Peterborough find it very hard, trying to stick to the financial rules but teams like Leicester, Cardiff ignore this and makes it harder for us. The championship table proves my point, even the likes of Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn are struggling, these are teams that have got very good players, premiership players, plus parachute payments.
The Scottish league to me has always been very poor (no offence) but when you see average league 1/2 players moving and making a big impact, I think Jon Daly is one but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to say cheers for coming on and giving us an honest and hopefully impartial assessment. I dont watch a lot of football down in England below EPL level so cant talk about quality compared to the SPL, only thing I would say though is that I think the Scottish league has some gems up here and has good value for money - cant believe some of the fees being paid for guys like Zaha down south who have no real experience of being tested at the highest level when there's players up here like Mackay-Steven and Russell at Dundee Utd who may not be Man Utd quality, but are a steal at the 1.5-2m being quoted in the press.

Back to Done, I thought I read he was out of contract at the end of the season - any idea if thats the case? Based on what you've said I think he can do a job for us. We desperately need a bit of pace and width injected into our team and even of he's not a world beater, if he can do that and give 100% like you say I'm hopeful.

BarneyK
01-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Cheers.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8384826/

He's out of contract in the summer according to this.

JustSimplyHibs
01-02-2013, 12:12 PM

No offence taken, at all. It is what it is - i enjoy it...

Although I will highlight that Hibs have produced and played many a EPL calibre player. Fletcher, Whittaker, Va Tez to name some (might not have been a direct transfer, but they are playing there)...in fact i'm sure that if you look at the players of EPL clubs, the ones that have had a stint in Scotland, the biggest proportion of them have graced the green and white of Hibs.

However, we have had our fair share of very poor standard of player coming from down south, Donovan, Soars - again to name a couple that really shouldnae be called footballers and should never have came before young Scottish players in the pecking order! Opinions eh :wink:

Anyways, thanks for the info bud!! Good luck for the rest of the season.

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Just wanted to say cheers for coming on and giving us an honest and hopefully impartial assessment. I dont watch a lot of football down in England below EPL level so cant talk about quality compared to the SPL, only thing I would say though is that I think the Scottish league has some gems up here and has good value for money - cant believe some of the fees being paid for guys like Zaha down south who have no real experience of being tested at the highest level when there's players up here like Mackay-Steven and Russell at Dundee Utd who may not be Man Utd quality, but are a steal at the 1.5-2m being quoted in the press.

Back to Done, I thought I read he was out of contract at the end of the season - any idea if thats the case? Based on what you've said I think he can do a job for us. We desperately need a bit of pace and width injected into our team and even of he's not a world beater, if he can do that and give 100% like you say I'm hopeful.

No worries.
Can see him staying with you after the loan deal if that's the case, obviously if you want him. I agree about Russell, seem him a few times and seems very good, think Sheffield United had a bid of around 400k rejected which seemed abit disrespectful to me.

Best of luck to Hibs and Done for the future

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
No offence taken, at all. It is what it is - i enjoy it...

Although I will highlight that Hibs have produced and played many a EPL calibre player. Fletcher, Whittaker, Va Tez to name some (might not have been a direct transfer, but they are playing there)...in fact i'm sure that if you look at the players of EPL clubs, the ones that have had a stint in Scotland, the biggest proportion of them have graced the green and white of Hibs.

However, we have had our fair share of very poor standard of player coming from down south, Donovan, Soars - again to name a couple that really shouldnae be called footballers and should never have came before young Scottish players in the pecking order! Opinions eh :wink:

Anyways, thanks for the info bud!! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Vaz, now there's a player we could do with! can remember a few Hibs fans mocking us when we signed him haha :wink:

JustSimplyHibs
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Vaz, now there's a player we could do with! can remember a few Hibs fans mocking us when we signed him haha :wink:

That's why i mentioned his name :wink:

RyeDaTyke
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
That's why i mentioned his name :wink:

At least you seem a friendly bunch, I went on the Millwall forum a few weeks ago to ask a question and got told '****** off you ******'

Bob Box Fish
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I have a Barnsley season season ticket holder at my work and he said he's a good player and liked what he saw of him but he's not had much of a chance.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Have a mate who lives in and supports Barnsley, Alan freeman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
At least you seem a friendly bunch, I went on the Millwall forum a few weeks ago to ask a question and got told '****** off you ******'

Sorry, but this made me :tee hee: I can just imagine :rolleyes:
:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 01:59 PM

Why Don't yo go back and mention you made friends with a few Hibs fans. Then come back and tell us how you got on? Lol

Jones28
01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Which is?????

*Must read convo's before typing haha

hibbybrian
01-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Why Don't yo go back and mention you made friends with a few Hibs fans. Then come back and tell us how you got on? Lol

You're a bad man G. :tsk tsk:

they'd probably try tracing his IP addy :greengrin

kaimendhibs
01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi mate yes we all well hope you all well .matt done is Avery good player carnt understand why he's on loan cos he's hard working and he scores goals

kaimendhibs
01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi mate yes we all well hope you all well .matt done is Avery good player carnt understand why he's on loan cos he's hard working and he scores goals

Just got this text from my Barnsley supporting mate.