31-01-2013, 10:28 PM
**** that.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2013, 10:28 PM
What kind of job?

http://i.imgur.com/VqZO7.gif

Houchy
31-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes. Was, and probably still is, a good playmaker. Didn't like how he went about his move away from Hibs but Murray came back and gave his all despite being a splitter and being referred to as "I-Hun" Murray. I'd be willing to give him another chance.

yekimevol
31-01-2013, 10:33 PM
:agree:YES:agree:YES:agree:YES:agree:YES:agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2013, 10:33 PM
I have heard he was going to sign for us, but the deal has fallen through due to his feet being cut to ribbons after walking over some broken glass?

Mon Dieu4
31-01-2013, 10:35 PM
he doesn't need to sign for anyone just now, his Mum will just work over time instead

Russell The Dug
31-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Really hope so. Much much better than any other non Celtic player in the SPL and perhaps he wants to come home?

Russell The Dug
31-01-2013, 10:36 PM
he doesn't need to sign for anyone just now, his Mum will just work over time instead

Hilarious.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Absolutely not.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Easter Road and apart from anything else, his injury problems in recent years would mean that this move would be far too risky.

fat freddy
31-01-2013, 10:38 PM
theres no P in Thomson...:devil:

bathhibby
31-01-2013, 10:39 PM
How about a pay as you ply deal ?

Hermit Crab
31-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I have heard he was going to sign for us, but the deal has fallen through due to his feet being cut to ribbons after walking over some broken glass?

:tee hee: I see what you did there

Captain Trips
31-01-2013, 10:42 PM
**** him.

FRes Hibbie
31-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Bolt

hibee
31-01-2013, 10:50 PM
No thanks.

Baldy
31-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I have heard he was going to sign for us, but the deal has fallen through due to his feet being cut to ribbons after walking over some broken glass?:thumbsup::top marks

how is he going to support his mum now he is unemployed?

3pm
31-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I'd take him back.

BigKev
31-01-2013, 10:55 PM
I'd have him back.

Cairney-Robertson-Thomson-Done

Decent!

Hibrandenburg
Only if he plays for free.

lucky
Total no brainer for me. Has to be a yes if we can get him

givescotlandfreedom
31-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Only if he plays for free.

He was only on buttons before you know.

Captain Trips
31-01-2013, 10:57 PM
:thumbsup::top marks

how is he going to support his mum now he is unemployed?

She saved some money, the bonus for him is she kept his room for him exactly as it was when he left.

PISTOL1875
Of course we should get him back.. He improve our midfield big time..

keep the faith
Definitely. Hope we sort it over the next few days.

Scottie
31-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Did anyone see him play for Boro last week on the tele ?

No a yard off the pace but 20.

He was mince so it's a NO TA frae me.:no way:

Green forever
31-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Haven't seen him recently so no idea of current fitness levels but even if it takes a month or so to get fully fit again, it's a yes for me.

SMAXXA
31-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Some people have no clue what so ever, if anyone thinks he wouldnt improve Hibs then you know nothing about football. He would walk into our midfield and if people put the past behind them and if treated this for how it would be as a signing then he would be an excellent addition.

Feels like so much sour grapes that would cloud peoples views.

CallumLaidlaw
01-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Some people have no clue what so ever, if anyone thinks he wouldnt improve Hibs then you know nothing about football. He would walk into our midfield and if people put the past behind them and if treated this for how it would be as a signing then he would be an excellent addition.

Kevin Thomson is a superb midfielder at our level and would be a first pick. BUT he would need to be close to our top earner, and with his history of injuries, would he be worth it?

SMAXXA
01-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Kevin Thomson is a superb midfielder at our level and would be a first pick. BUT he would need to be close to our top earner, and with his history of injuries, would he be worth it?

Callum I have it on good authority that he said he wanted to come back to Hibs, last season wasnt feasable but he wanted to come back. I know that if Rangers or Celtic came and offered him something that may change things but I genuinly think if something can be done he would be back.

davym7062
01-02-2013, 12:05 AM
hibs had a great bunch a few years ago , brown witts but thompson was the best of the lot imo

Russell The Dug
01-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Give Thommo the captaincy and get him back. What a boost it would be to the club.

sesoim
01-02-2013, 12:26 AM
He's better than what we've got in midfield, but I'd rather spend any last pennies we have on signing a forward or goalscoring midfielder. We need sparky, quick, attacking players who get us what matters - goals.

Scottie
01-02-2013, 12:31 AM

Some people on here have opinions different to your's as this thread is proving.
Thats what the forums are all about.
No-ones denying the lad is a great talent and that he'd walk into our team.Your right the past is the past and i'd welcome him back with open arms but i think his recent injuries would see him more on the physios table than the pitch.
Right now we could do with 11 players up for a scrap and in the opponants faces but on recent performances beside the Celtic&Hearts game how many of the 11 are that bothered.Wed night game being the latest example.
My worry about KT is how many games could he stay fit for !

Russell The Dug
01-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Some people on here have opinions different to your's as this thread is proving.
Thats what the forums are all about.
No-ones denying the lad is a great talent and that he'd walk into our team.Your right the past is the past and i'd welcome him back with open arms but i think his recent injuries would see him more on the physios table than the pitch.
Right now we could do with 11 players up for a scrap and in the opponants faces but on recent performances beside the Celtic&Hearts game how many of the 11 are that bothered.Wed night game being the latest example.
My worry about KT is how many games could he stay fit for !

He wouldn't cost much.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2013, 12:40 AM
FFS! Its Thomson!

Scottie
01-02-2013, 12:42 AM
He wouldn't cost much.

How much would he cost us a week?

Bearing in mind we got the tache as the financeer and not QPR's chairman Tony Fernandes.

Russell The Dug
01-02-2013, 12:50 AM
How much would he cost us a week?

Bearing in mind we got the tache as the financeer and not QPR's chairman Tony Fernandes.

He's left Boro because he wants first team football. If he goes to another SPL side it will be a travesty. Craig Thomson Cairney Robertson would work for me.

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 01:04 AM
He's left Boro because he wants first team football. If he goes to another SPL side it will be a travesty. Craig Thomson Cairney Robertson would work for me.

Do you honestly think outwith the OF he will sign a decent length contract with an SPL club on the wages that are paid here? If we are remembering Thomson for his ability why is his determination at all costs to go for the money regardless not a factor in his make up, aye was a good player 6yrs ago but was a total bawbag with it no reason to think anything different now

If he wants to play for Hibs there is nowt stopping him unless we do not want him. If he came up here it would be for 6mths to get fit into shop window and back to 10k+ p/w hopes.

Diclonius
01-02-2013, 02:02 AM
I was ****ing livid at Thomson's attitude towards us before and shortly after he left but the past is the past. He would be a fantastic signing.

stuart62
01-02-2013, 02:34 AM
I was ****ing livid at Thomson's attitude towards us before and shortly after he left but the past is the past. He would be a fantastic signing.

Me too, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat

Boyle89
01-02-2013, 03:04 AM
Yes please! Still remember his goal against Celtic. Deffinatley add something to the team.

basehibby
01-02-2013, 03:10 AM
I'm surprised at the mainly favourable reaction given some of the poison I've witnessed about Thomson over the years on here - I never held much of a grudge myself although he did abuse his position as captain and some won't be as forgiving.

The main worry for me about Thomson though woud be his horrendous injury record - has spent as much time out with serious injuries as he has playing in his career if I'm not mistaken.

hibernator
01-02-2013, 03:26 AM
If Thommo is willing to come back to ER "Kill the fatted Lamb":thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Yes, I would take him back but it still bothers me a little what he said about this club. Obviously he was badly advised but he was captain and he treated the club and the fans very poorly.

Pete
01-02-2013, 04:32 AM
All the comments came from Glasgow newspapers and remember...he was going to oldco.

It's all about context and details get twisted or lost over time. Thomson is a Hibs man.

On the subject of him coming back, is he the sort of midfielder that we need? Remember that he is older and will be half a yard slower that the man we once knew.

500miles
01-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Kevin Thomson is in the same scrapyard as Ian Murray. Injuries will have immobilised him, and he'd miss at last half of every season. We don't need a guest appearance in the middle of the park, we need someone we can rely on regularly.

1two
01-02-2013, 07:15 AM
But what about his ma?

Lucius Apuleius
01-02-2013, 07:34 AM
But what about his ma?

get her pumped:confused:

Bostonhibby
01-02-2013, 07:35 AM
But what about his ma?
I think she could still do a job for us, and we are still short of a couple of defensive midfielders so why not? I don't see her filling the Ivan role as her best days on the wing are behind her I hear.

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 08:08 AM

Call me petty and bitter but no way do I want to see journey men mercenaries like KT at ER. He showed how he felt about us last time round and now the feeling is mutual. **** off.

Iceman1875
01-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Having known Kev since he was 5, I'd love if he rejoined Hibs. I can't see it happening, not just now, maybe down the line... Plus, we have Claros, Deegan, Taiwo, Stevenson who all can play centre mid. If Jorge didnnt re-sign, I'd be a little more optimistic!

Make him captain? No thanks, we haven't had a captain in the mould of Mcpake for since Jones - he's doing just fine.

Steve20
01-02-2013, 08:31 AM
We have more than enough centre midfielders as it is. Plus, if we have the budget to bring back Thomson, it should have been spent on a more attacking player in the transfer window.

Iceman1875
01-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Call me petty and bitter but no way do I want to see journey men mercenaries like KT at ER. He showed how he felt about us last time round and now the feeling is mutual. **** off.

Clubs in 12 years a journey man? What the hell is Kuqi then?

LancsHibs
01-02-2013, 08:41 AM

Mince?

greenlex
01-02-2013, 08:42 AM
The one of 6 years ago? Hell yeh. This one? No thanks. he seems to be injury prone. We need players doing it on the park.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 08:45 AM

I hate what he did when he left us, and think he's a complete ershole. And i dont have any idea what he's like these days, and would imagine Boro would not be letting go the Kevin Thomson that left Hibs?

That player would walk into this Hibs team, and i'd have that player back in a shot.

Is that the player we'd be getting?

Saorsa
01-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Great player when he left Hibs but a crock now, nae thanks.

LancsHibs
01-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Would deffo have KT back on an appearance based salary

lucky
01-02-2013, 08:53 AM
For all thoses saying he is a crock, how comes he's been playing in the championship this season? Also the fact that he has picked up injuries over his career proves he and all players are correct to fill their bank accounts as much as they can. KT would be a great signing for us and I would welcome it. But in reality I very much doubt it.

lyonhibs
01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
If his knees weren't absolutely gubbed, I'd have him back in a minute. Folk saying he doesn't have it ability wise are spraffing a load of nonsense.

scoopyboy
01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Would deffo have KT back on an appearance based salary

This would be the only way a deal could be structured IMO.

It would be the same anywhere he went I would imagine.

For the record I would take him back.

Golden Bear
01-02-2013, 09:02 AM

:agree:

Spot on.

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 09:03 AM

Journeyman in the sense he doesn't feel the need to be bound by contracts. Kuqi is just a tart.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Having known Kev since he was 5, I'd love if he rejoined Hibs. I can't see it happening, not just now, maybe down the line... Plus, we have Claros, Deegan, Taiwo, Stevenson who all can play centre mid. If Jorge didnnt re-sign, I'd be a little more optimistic!

Make him captain? No thanks, we haven't had a captain in the mould of Mcpake for since Jones - he's doing just fine.

Shirley of all the ludicrous things possible in the world of fitba, that one could never, ever, ever, ever happen. :panic:

Lucius Apuleius
01-02-2013, 09:20 AM
This pay per play thing that we hear quite a lot, does any player actually go on this type of contract? Only one that I know of in my 57 years (nearly) on this planet, is George Best.

Mon Dieu4
01-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Shirley of all the ludicrous things possible in the world of fitba, that one could never, ever, ever, ever happen. :panic:

could get him a column in the Daily Record while we are at it

Golden Bear
01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
This pay per play thing that we hear quite a lot, does any player actually go on this type of contract? Only one that I know of in my 57 years (nearly) on this planet, is George Best.

That one was on a pay when you turn up basis.

:greengrin

neil7908
01-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Difficult one. Right now we have far too many central midfielders at the club and not sure he is really what we need when everyone on here (myself included) has been crying out for a speedy winger, more competition up front and a dymanic, goalscoring midfielder.

Having said all that he is a class player, better than anyone else in his postion that we currently have. If he was coming on a lown weekly wage with a an 'add on' based on appearances to bump up his salary then I would be happy to have him back but not if the cost was going to be an issue.

Ideally he would be a summer signing when Claros will surely be away and Deegan's contract will be up.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 09:30 AM

I was thinking the very same thing up to yesterday, and finally someone else is doing it. Kieron Dyer is doing it for Middlesboro, and Mowbray actually said so. :greengrin

hibee_girl
01-02-2013, 09:30 AM

Isn't Michael Owen on one at Stoke?

Andy74
01-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Not a priority. We've got very good players in the centre of midfield.

scoopyboy
01-02-2013, 09:43 AM

I don't think pay per play is common.

What is however with injury plagued players is a low salary but big appearance money.

Lucius Apuleius
01-02-2013, 09:47 AM

What is however with injury plagued players is a low salary but big appearance money.

That sounds a lot more sensible. Is there a lot on that Scoops do you know?

hibeemikey21
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if there are contracts for injury prone players which aren't necessarily "pay per play", but more "pay when available to play". Doubt anyone would risk forfeiting wages if the manager simply didn't fancy them when free from injury.

Seem to recall Emerson being on a ridiculous appearance fee based contact at rangers. Brought him on for the last 5 at tannadice and it cost them something like £20k!! No wonder they went bust!

Was our John O'Neill not on an appearance based contract which ultimately led to his departure?

Edit: re Emerson -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/3191125.stm

smurf
01-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Not a priority. We've got very good players in the centre of midfield.

Yeah the way we dominate play and create from that area has been a joy to behold.... Watched PF on Hibernian TV rave about all the good players that we have. Why are we watching brutal football then?

Mr White
01-02-2013, 12:08 PM

Chico charnley was on that kind of deal IIRC

SMAXXA
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I hate what he did when he left us, and think he's a complete ershole. And i dont have any idea what he's like these days, and would imagine Boro would not be letting go the Kevin Thomson that left Hibs?

That player would walk into this Hibs team, and i'd have that player back in a shot.

Is that the player we'd be getting?

Im the same I dont like what he did either but whats done is done, I know from personal experience I have made some wrong decision and done things with clubs during my time that I look back on and believe I could have done things differently. My best mate knows him very well and he assures me he is a sound guy and he genuingly does hold Hibs in high regard.

I accept his injuries and have seen him play a few times this season, yet I dont think he looks the player he once was but he still had more about him that any of our midfield 3 IMO.

So in answer to your question BH I dont think we would be getting the same player back but we would still be getting a quality addition.

FWIW I cant see Hibs doing the deal, financially I wouldnt think Hibs will fund it, even though KT wouldnt want anywhere near the wages hes bene on of late.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Im the same I dont like what he did either but whats done is done, I know from personal experience I have made some wrong decision and done things with clubs during my time that I look back on and believe I could have done things differently. My best mate knows him very well and he assures me he is a sound guy and he genuinely does hold Hibs in high regard.

I accept his injuries and have seen him play a few times this season, yet I dont think he looks the player he once was but he still had more about him that any of our midfield 3 IMO.

So in answer to your question BH I dont think we would be getting the same player back but we would still be getting a quality addition.

FWIW I cant see Hibs doing the deal, financially I wouldnt think Hibs will fund it, even though KT wouldnt want anywhere near the wages hes bene on of late.

He genuinely does hold Hibs in high regard? FFS.

Last time I saw Pat Stanton he was looking quite fit. Didn't specifically ask him whether he holds Hibs in high regard, but I guess he does. Sure he wouldn't be as good as he was first time round, but what the heck, let's have him back.

Sproule, Murray, O'Connor, Riordan - has this recent knackers-yard policy really proved better than spending the wages on players who're on the way up?

hibeebizzle
01-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Mutually consented by Boro
Could he do a job for us ?

If that job is be injured and still claim a wage, then yes.

c31
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
probably restore his love affair with the huns, they gave everything to him that Hibs couldn't - they saved his family from destitute so he owes them not us, & they are welcome to him....

SMAXXA
01-02-2013, 01:27 PM
He genuinely does hold Hibs in high regard? FFS.

Last time I saw Pat Stanton he was looking quite fit. Didn't specifically ask him whether he holds Hibs in high regard, but I guess he does. Sure he wouldn't be as good as he was first time round, but what the heck, let's have him back.

Sproule, Murray, O'Connor, Riordan - has this recent knackers-yard policy really proved better than spending the wages on players who're on the way up?

Why just pick out one part of the post to make your own agenda? If you read it there is no way at all I was ever saying this was the reason why I think he would be a good signing? It was in response to BH comment about the way he treated us and his actions in relation to Hibs.

Rediculas post :confused:

patlowe
01-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Can only see him going to Rangers if he's to come back north.

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
I just think that as we remember him as a player for us that was good I do not see how his attitude on leaving can just be ignored, it would be great just to selective remember good stuff.

As good as he was he also showed a lack of any regard or thought to the club at time and those things are part of him regardless. I understand he has said he would like to finish his career here but again as long as it is all on his terms and timescales for when he is available.

At 28 I would still believe that I could muster up a decent contract a lot higher than what any SPL club could afford, if he was to come here or another SPL club it IMO would be to use as a quick stepping stone back to 5 figure p/w wages. We needed him he let us down he can go and get fit elsewhere and finish his career there as well. Only one person has made me think he would do what I have said and that is in the actions and words of the man himself.

The likes of Scott Robertson excite me as a signing, Kevin Thomson doesnt.

greenteam
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Can only see him going to Rangers if he's to come back north.

I feel sick now, thanx for that m8:sick:

allmodcons
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM

So would I. Can't believe some of the garbage that's aimed at ex Hibs players on forums and at matches.
Mark Brown was taking dogs abuse from a couple of 'fans' whilst warming up for the 2nd half at Dingwall on Wednesday.
All a bit sad really. Would have loved to have seen either of them back up their comments 'one to one'.

lapsedhibee
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Why just pick out one part of the post to make your own agenda? If you read it there is no way at all I was ever saying this was the reason why I think he would be a good signing? It was in response to BH comment about the way he treated us and his actions in relation to Hibs.

Rediculas post :confused:

Wasn't intended to be rediculas, just a bit of antidote to the excessive Katielove on here. Same apologist chat gets trotted out every time his name crops up: he was young, he was badly advised, Hibby through and through, blablabla. He worked here, now he doesn't. He wasn't that fantastic a footballer for us, and the drooling that goes on at the thought of him working for us again (or rather, us working for him to get him back in the shop window) makes me want to ever so slightly projectile-vomit. A personal view, obviously.

marinello59
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Wasn't intended to be rediculas, just a bit of antidote to the excessive Katielove on here. Same apologist chat gets trotted out every time his name crops up: he was young, he was badly advised, Hibby through and through, blablabla. He worked here, now he doesn't. He wasn't that fantastic a footballer for us, and the drooling that goes on at the thought of him working for us again (or rather, us working for him to get him back in the shop window) makes me want to ever so slightly projectile-vomit. A personal view, obviously.

Apologist chat? He doesn't need it, the only thing he was guilty of was letting West Coast journalists make him look very silly. The apologist chat is saved for Broonie who behaved rather worse than KT by actually handing in a transfer request straight after a defeat. I wouldn't give either of them a hard time over their actions to be honest but lets at least treat them the same.

adhibs
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
No thanks, he can go and sign for sevco in September

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Apologist chat? He doesn't need it, the only thing he was guilty of was letting West Coast journalists make him look very silly. The apologist chat is saved for Broonie who behaved rather worse than KT by actually handing in a transfer request straight after a defeat. I wouldn't give either of them a hard time over their actions to be honest but lets at least treat them the same.

I do not think so, he let McKay run his mouth over quite a fair amount of time and said nothing about it even though some of the stuff was making Hibs look bad and outright lies such as I will be paraphrasing but "the lads want to stay and if we can get their contracts sorted I will donate my fee to edinburugh hospital sick kids" The lads didnt want to stay after knowing what wages they were to get that was just utter pish.

Anything Mckay said the players agreed with as they said nothing, never will I accept they were young and didnt know, they knew and said nothing as the whole thing suited them. KT got exactly what he wanted so he didnt look that silly. Pair of cocks the 2 of them.

Sudds_1
01-02-2013, 02:47 PM
She saved some money, the bonus for him is she kept his room for him exactly as it was when he left.

so is she........rocking quietly away in that rocking chair, head hardly moving......while oor Kev turns the hoose into a Motel......

.....where have I seen that before?

Sudds_1
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
so is she........rocking quietly away in that rocking chair, head hardly moving......while oor Kev turns the hoose into a Motel......

.....where have I seen that before?

and seriously, no, wouldn't want him back. Seldom works well as history shows - and he's not anywhere near the player he was. With a big fitness questionmark over him.

Zazu62
01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Kevin Thomson?

Nah. Close thread.

CraigHibee
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
i'd take him back in a flash providing he was fit:agree:

--------
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
He's played in 7 games this season, 25 last season, and 17 the season before. His contract has been terminated because he's been "plagued with injury" all his time at Boro. In 11 seasons he's managed to play more than 30 games only 4 times. As a defensive midfielder (he's no sort of a goal-scorer) he would need to be making a lot of tackles and challenges. This would expose him to the risk of further injury.

This, in fact, has been the pattern of his career at Boro.

My feeling, if we want another Sick-Note like Chris Killen, fine - sign him. If we want someone to play in more than the occasional game for us, we need to look elsewhere.

If he were fit, fair enough. He doesn't seem to be anything like fit, or why would Boro have punted him?

keep the faith
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Kevin Thomson?

Nah. Close thread.

Why close the thread??

bathhibby
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Why close the thread??

I've said it before but could the Tache not get him on a Pay as you Play basis given his fitness record ?
PS
He was never that injury prone with us

keep the faith
01-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I've said it before but could the Tache not get him on a Pay as you Play basis given his fitness record ?
PS
I hope we are at least offering training facilities and taking a look at him

hibby rae
01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Absolutely not.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Easter Road and apart from anything else, his injury problems in recent years would mean that this move would be far too risky.

As my mate said, "He's made of chocolate. If he was a horse somebody would've shot him by now."

hibby rae
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
PS

Except the year or so he was out injured.

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
I hope we are at least offering training facilities and taking a look at him

Great idea, Rod give him a call let him know he can use East Mains for a small fee.

hibby rae
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Great idea, Rod give him a call let him know he can use East Mains for a small fee.

Reverse the charges first Rod.

WHUHibs
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
So would I. Can't believe some of the garbage that's aimed at ex Hibs players on forums and at matches.
Mark Brown was taking dogs abuse from a couple of 'fans' whilst warming up for the 2nd half at Dingwall on Wednesday.
All a bit sad really. Would have loved to have seen either of them back up their comments 'one to one'.

Yep those idiots sat behind me and when they started on sproule I was able to provide a menacing glare and they stopped. Ivan may not have been the greatest player but gave me some of my better memories on hibs, always tried hard and made the most of his ability! Kt disgusted me with the way he left and the opposite of Scott Brown but when the young team laid into rangers and Celtic we all enjoyed it,,,we have all made mistakes in our life and I for one would not criticise him !

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Yep those idiots sat behind me and when they started on sproule I was able to provide a menacing glare and they stopped. Ivan may not have been the greatest player but gave me some of my better memories on hibs, always tried hard and made the most of his ability! Kt disgusted me with the way he left and the opposite of Scott Brown but when the young team laid into rangers and Celtic we all enjoyed it,,,we have all made mistakes in our life and I for one would not criticise him !

What mistakes has he made? I was and still am under the impression he wanted to get out of Hibs asap and start earning the big bucks so from his agenda it all went rather well.

jdships
01-02-2013, 04:32 PM
How many midfielders do we need to change light bulb ? :confused:

How many returning Hibbees actually have made an impression ( on the field :greengrin ) over the past twenty years ?
Lets move on - PLEASE :rolleyes:

WHUHibs
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
What mistakes has he made? I was and still am under the impression he wanted to get out of Hibs asap and start earning the big bucks so from his agenda it all went rather well.

Mistakes as far as hibs fans are concerned pressurising the club regarding the move,,,f it was me and football is a short life then I would be happy to move for money,,

Brizo
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM
How many midfielders do we need to change light bulb ? :confused:

How many returning Hibbees actually have made an impression ( on the field :greengrin ) over the past twenty years ?
Lets move on - PLEASE :rolleyes:

Given his medical history I dont think this would be a worthwhile exercise.

i will always be grateful to Katie for weaning me off what had been a long term addiction to the Daily ******. I havent bought that rag since the days of the dry boak inducing Katie/Keith Jackson love in.

Beefster
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM

I dread to think what you've thought of the midfielders since Katie, if you don't think he was that good for us. IMHO, Katie was almost as good as Brown for us and better than any midfielder we've had since Brown left.

One of my bugbears on here is the way Katie is demonised whilst Saint 'Broonaldo' gets the One Direction treatment.

Spike Mandela
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
We don't want to turn in to a retirement home for ex Hibby's. Only criteria should be whether anybody can bring something to the team and KT seems to be too much of a crock for us to risk our limited wages on.

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I dread to think what you've thought of the midfielders since Katie, if you don't think he was that good for us. IMHO, Katie was almost as good as Brown for us and better than any midfielder we've had since Brown left.

One of my bugbears on here is the way Katie is demonised whilst Saint 'Broonaldo' gets the One Direction treatment.I've never understood why Brown is still loved, as bad as Caldwell, Killen and Thomson IMO despite the fee we got for him.

biffo1875
01-02-2013, 05:09 PM

YES get it sorted mr petrie

patch1875
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Released for being injury prone....so they get dyer in:rolleyes:

VickMackie
01-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Nope.

WHUHibs
01-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I've never understood why Brown is still loved, as bad as Caldwell, Killen and Thomson IMO despite the fee we got for him.

Eh,,, have you forgotten his fee donation to our academy plus the fact he did not hand in a transfer request and helped maximise the transfer fee???

Lofarl
01-02-2013, 05:31 PM
We need to stop all this rose tinted nostalgia. Bring back former players carries risks. It's not really worked for O'Connor or Sproule has it. Every transfer window we are linked with former players. Christ give it a few years and we will got all nostalgic for Francombe or Agogo. Bringing back old players never really works. Except if it's David Murphy :wink:

Beefster
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Eh,,, have you forgotten his fee donation to our academy plus the fact he did not hand in a transfer request and helped maximise the transfer fee???

Wrong.

WHUHibs
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Wrong.

Sorry oh wise one

Beefster
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Sorry oh wise one

No bother. Brown put in a transfer request straight after a game in December 2006 IIRC.

WHUHibs
Wrong.

He handed one in nd then withdrew it,,,perhaps the rest of my statement was correct yes??

Billychaotic182
We need to stop all this rose tinted nostalgia. Bring back former players carries risks. It's not really worked for O'Connor or Sproule has it. Every transfer window we are linked with former players. Christ give it a few years and we will got all nostalgic for Francombe or Agogo. Bringing back old players never really works. Except if it's David Murphy :wink:

I don't think it's fair to say Garry was a fail. He came scored a lot of goals. He was hot n cold but he has always been like that as a player. Dare I say if it wasn't for his goals last year we would have went down!

Beefster
01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
He handed one in nd then withdrew it,,,perhaps the rest of my statement was correct yes??

I don't know about the fee (I thought it was O'Connor).

The request was refused rather than withdraw AFAIK.

I've no idea what he did to maximise the transfer fee. Unless he told Celtic he wasn't moving unless they paid £x to Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM

Yes he did, and he threatened to see his contract out so we'd get nothing. :confused:

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Walk over hot coals to get here (Ibrox) still makes me vomit, playing up or not playing up

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Katie in our team would easily improve us , dunno why some cant see that .

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 05:52 PM

How often would you say he'd play?

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
How often would you say he'd play?

How long is a piece of string ? Lets say we signed him and he played most if not all until the season end , would you not agree that we would be better with him ? Better than anyone we have just now in midfield.

brydekirk
01-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Cant afford any physio table warmers, end off.

NOLA
01-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Pay as you play deal? Wouldn't harm us having him here

lapsedhibee
01-02-2013, 06:02 PM

Didn't say he wasn't good, said he wasn't fantastic. They're different things. He was good. There's possibly a slight case for taking legends back, and I'd include Joe Baker and Derek Riordan in that category. Katie was no legend (and also btw imo not nearly as good as Brown).

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 06:33 PM
How long is a piece of string ? Lets say we signed him and he played most if not all until the season end , would you not agree that we would be better with him ? Better than anyone we have just now in midfield.

Thats correct, although history tells us that piece of string is holding his knee together, and the chances of him playing most of the season is up there with Alan O'Brien coming good and finding Brian Kerr?

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Thats correct, although history tells us that piece of string is holding his knee together, and the chances of him playing most of the season is up there with Alan O'Brien coming good and finding Brian Kerr?

Naebody kens if he would get injured , granted if basing it on history then it would be a risk offering a contract. Worth some sort of punt if he was willing to come.

hibsbollah
01-02-2013, 06:51 PM

Kerr is riding around on Shergar and sipping cocktails with Richie Manic.

If Thomson returns as captain i will burn my season ticket. Actually im a walk up punter but you know what i mean. And i'll subject Petrie and Fenlon to an unpleasant parcel campaign.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Kerr is riding around on Shergar and sipping cocktails with Richie Manic.

If Thomson returns as captain i will burn my season ticket. Actually im a walk up punter but you know what i mean. And i'll subject Petrie and Fenlon to an unpleasant parcel campaign.

:faf::faf: Just spat a piece of my blackpudding out over my screen. :top marks

cloudy
01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Get KT back!! far better player than we have at our club at present... as for being injury prone our captain is an eggshell but is giving a contract.. if we dnt make an attempt to bring him back its shows lack of ambition from the club. Some people are happy with chasing players from div 1 but say no thanks to KT really??? Have a word with yourself..

hibsbollah
01-02-2013, 07:02 PM
:faf::faf: Just spat a piece of my blackpudding out over my screen. :top marks

I can make some VERY unpleasant parcels :agree:

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Mistakes as far as hibs fans are concerned pressurising the club regarding the move,,,f it was me and football is a short life then I would be happy to move for money,,

But that's only part of the problem isn't it? Every time a Billy Bigboots decides he's too good for Hibs and decides he's too important to honour his contract, then it has a detrimental knock on effect on the rest of the team. It's partly because of the ilk like KT that we've been ***** the last few years. He was our team captain when he started whoring himself to the Hun instead of being an example to those coming through behind him.

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
But that's only part of the problem isn't it? Every time a Billy Bigboots decides he's too good for Hibs and decides he's too important to honour his contract, then it has a detrimental knock on effect on the rest of the team. It's partly because of the ilk like KT that we've been ***** the last few years. He was our team captain when he started whoring himself to the Hun instead of being an example to those coming through behind him.

Partly because Kevin Thomson wanted to leave that we have been mince these last few seasons , behave .

We have signed dozens since he left , blame players who could go on to bigger things ???

Paisley Hibby
01-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Has anybody actually got any reasonable evidence that he would be interested in coming to Hibs and, more importantly, that Hibs would even be interested in him if he was? As far as I can see the answer to both questions is no.

marinello59
01-02-2013, 07:32 PM

The KT of a few years ago maybe. He has been released because his days of playing week in week out look to be over. We can't afford to waste wages on what would be a gamble, even if he wanted to come to us.

Hibee Ryan
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
If we could get him fit and well he'd easily improve our team. But it's a very big IF and I don't think he'll ever get back to being fit enough to look like the KT of his first spell

jacomo
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM
The KT of a few years ago maybe. He has been released because his days of playing week in week out look to be over. We can't afford to waste wages on what would be a gamble, even if he wanted to come to us.

He would be a big gamble now, regardless of previous history. It's amazing how football works, and it's Mowbray who has released him from Middlesborough - a manager who knows all about how good a player he was.

To be released half way through the season does not bode well. He may find another club on the right deal but his career might well be finished.

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Partly because Kevin Thomson wanted to leave that we have been mince these last few seasons , behave .

We have signed dozens since he left , blame players who could go on to bigger things ???

No, that's not what I'm saying. KT as team captain should have been setting a good example by nurturing the the ideal that the team is bigger than any individual. Instead he was only interested in what he could get out of Hibs , just like a few more of the so called "golden generation", an attitude that was to prevail in our dressing room for years afterwards and that cost us a few decent managers.

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 08:12 PM

If I remember correctly did John Collins not say he chucked it in the bin, assuming it was a written request. Did the whole carry on not start by the classy sacking of their agent by text?

jacomo
01-02-2013, 08:22 PM
If I remember correctly did John Collins not say he chucked it in the bin, assuming it was a written request.

JC was asked if he'd received a written transfer request from Scott Brown.

He replied: 'I read it, ripped it up and threw it in the bin.'

As far as I know Katie did not hand in a written request and was telling us all about his family struggles via his column in the Daily Record. Yet both players had appointed Willie McKay to try and force Hibs to either grant them huge pay increases or sell them to the Old Firm.

Frazerbob
01-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Looking at the big picture, how sad that three of our "golden generation" are currently without clubs when they should be at the peak of their careers.

Frazerbob
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM

As far as I know Katie did not hand in a written request and was telling us all about his family struggles via his column in the Daily Record. Yet both players had appointed Willie McKay to try and force Hibs to either grant them huge pay increases or sell them to the Old Firm.

Knowing full welll that the wages they were after were FAR higher than Hibs would ever pay therefor they were basically trying to force a move to Glasgow. Both of them were a disgrace!

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Teams with large budgets and squads can afford to carry gambles like KT unfortunately we arent one of them.

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Knowing full welll that the wages they were after were FAR higher than Hibs would ever pay therefor they were basically trying to force a move to Glasgow. Both of them were a disgrace!

Yep there was never an attempt to stay and get a rise from Hibs was all about Redknapps dodgy agent mate earning commission by getting them a move.

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 08:30 PM
No, that's not what I'm saying. KT as team captain should have been setting a good example by nurturing the the ideal that the team is bigger than any individual. Instead he was only interested in what he could get out of Hibs , just like a few more of the so called "golden generation", an attitude that was to prevail in our dressing room for years afterwards and that cost us a few decent managers.

In an ideal world he would have , he went chasing the money like you or i would have .

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 08:32 PM

Which they knew we couldnt do so was all posturing for the real agenda of get me out of here. Only 1 reason that agents were changed and it was fa to do with anything Hibs had to offer.

Im gonna stick to my thoughts from 6yrs ago I do not want him ever to have the honour to play for the club again regardless of his ability, on principle he can go do one.

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
In an ideal world he would have , he went chasing the money like you or i would have .

I would like to think I would have given my employer and good supporters a hell of a lot more respect in that chase. So no not like me at all.

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 08:56 PM
I would like to think I would have given my employer and good supporters a hell of a lot more respect in that chase. So no not like me at all.

Heaven 17 , if offered 7 times your current wage you would not jump at the chance , especially the age he was at the time ?

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Heaven 17 , if offered 7 times your current wage you would not jump at the chance , especially the age he was at the time ?

It could be that he may have left but wouldn't have been a petulant little turd whilst trying to engineer it.

LeighLoyal
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
No thanks.

NotoriousLor
01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
It could be that he may have left but wouldn't have been a petulant little turd whilst trying to engineer it.

Exactly, it's not what he done, it's the way he went about it that that sticks in the throat

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 09:36 PM
It could be that he may have left but wouldn't have been a petulant little turd whilst trying to engineer it. Would you forgive him if he bettered the team , he was a kid when that happened.

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 09:40 PM

Speak for yourself but don't assume I share your values.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Nah, can't stand him. The way he and the much revered brown left wont be forgotten. By me, at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Speak for yourself but don't assume I share your values.

Im speaking for the 99% , the rest are kidding themselves or the majority.

Hibrandenburg
01-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Im speaking for the 99% , the rest are kidding themselves or the majority.

That's always been the problem with people who have low morals, they excuse their behaviour by assuming everyone else would do as they do.

stoneyburn hibs
01-02-2013, 10:13 PM
That's always been the problem with people who have low morals, they excuse their behaviour by assuming everyone else would do as they do.

My morals have at times been lower than a sewer rat , no excuses . I assume nothing.

surreyhibbie
01-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Nah. Pissed all over us on the way up, now he is on the way down apparently, he can GTF.

hibbysam
01-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Didn't Murray "piss all over us" when going to Rangers.. Middle finger etc at Ibrox.. I was there, I witnessed it, we move on, he came back and was accepted..

Didn't Riordan "piss all over us" when going to Celtic.. No transfer fee or compensation as he waited until the right age to go! He got a hero's return..

No wonder we get nowhere when we would quite happily not take a past captain back because he decided to move along the m8 to greater his weekly earnings by about 10 fold... Not forgetting half of what was said was in the Daily Record and guaranteed wasn't him that said it..

He has since come out saying how high he holds the club and fans etc...

A Kevin Thomson that can play 75% of Hibs games in a season would be a huge asset to the club!

Captain Trips
01-02-2013, 11:13 PM

Again read what I said, were did I or anyone say they wouldnt want the money I and others would have gone about things differently, you bring up his age in another post as if its an excuse he was 22/23 ffs and 100% knew exactly what he was doing. The first move was sacking agent so knew exactly what the score was.

There is no argument here IMO he shouldnt play for us again thats my view but I have no say in what managers do.

IWasThere2016
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I said when he left he'd be back one day - and I'll stick by that.

Welcome back also (too good not to IMHO).

JustSimplyHibs
01-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Wonder if he will be in the stands on Sunday :thumbsup:

cleanyman
01-02-2013, 11:42 PM
He's pretty much crocked.

Not a player I want in a Hibs top again, only my opinion of course.

Velma Dinkley
02-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Fenlon said: "Kevin's name hasn't cropped up here. With someone like that, and it's similar with some of the other ex-players, as soon as they become available they are linked with Hibs.
"But we are not in a position financially to do anything else. We have done as much as we can - unless he wants to do a Beckham.
"He's a fantastic player and I'm sure he won't be short on offers."

silverhibee
02-02-2013, 02:39 AM

I am sure he could do a great job for us.

But it won't happen. :aok:

Steve-O
02-02-2013, 03:05 AM
I would allow him back, but boo his every touch :agree:

lucky
02-02-2013, 08:22 AM
KT and SB got their moves and big money deals. Hibs got a training center on the back of the transfers.
IM and DR got their moves and big money deals
Hibs got pennies for DR and nothing for IM. Yet the two of them got welcomed back. FFS Murray shafted Hibs the most yet we gave him a testimonial.
KT made a few stupid comments but if he wants to come back and we can get him then we should

Brizo
02-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Exactly, it's not what he done, it's the way he went about it that that sticks in the throat

Agree with this. KT engineered his move in a way far more cynical than most other players who have left Hibs. He used the column he "wrote" in the ****** and his media chum Keith Jackson to tout himself to Rangers via the media in a way i thought showed no respect for Hibs or the fans. if he had acted in a more dignified way id be happy to welcome him back .... provided he was going to be fit enough to do a job. His medical record over the last few years suggests otherwise. All the people on this thread saying he would be better than what weve got.... how many are basing that on what theyve seen him do in a Boro shirt and how many are basing it on memories from his Hibs days.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2013, 09:31 AM
KT and SB got their moves and big money deals. Hibs got a training center on the back of the transfers.
IM and DR got their moves and big money deals
Hibs got pennies for DR and nothing for IM. Yet the two of them got welcomed back. FFS Murray shafted Hibs the most yet we gave him a testimonial.
KT made a few stupid comments but if he wants to come back and we can get him then we should

:agree: An absolute scandal in my opinion.

hibee_girl
02-02-2013, 09:31 AM

:agree: he'd have to do a lot if grovelling and even then I'm not sure I'd accept him back!

Anyway the last thing we need is another midfielder!

bigwheel
02-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Fenlon said: "Kevin's name hasn't cropped up here. With someone like that, and it's similar with some of the other ex-players, as soon as they become available they are linked with Hibs.
"But we are not in a position financially to do anything else. We have done as much as we can - unless he wants to do a Beckham.
"He's a fantastic player and I'm sure he won't be short on offers."

Well that would be a way to win the fans back - play for free !

JustSimplyHibs
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
:agree: he'd have to do a lot if grovelling and even then I'm not sure I'd accept him back!

Anyway the last thing we need is another midfielder!

Yep your right, another midfielder on par with our current group.

KT is a player that can pick a forward pass, from anywhere on the pitch. Something which we are missing. The boy gives the same dig, if not more than the current group. Quality player, who could do a job and walk into our team, no problem.

Will never happen, and like Fenlon says. unless he is prepared to do a Beckham offer. Cut his wages for a season or two then move on if a decent offer comes in.

Win win if KT is willing :thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Yep your right, another midfielder on par with our current group.

KT is a player that can pick a forward pass, from anywhere on the pitch. Something which we are missing. The boy gives the same dig, if not more than the current group. Quality player, who could do a job and walk into our team, no problem.

Will never happen, and like Fenlon says. unless he is prepared to do a Beckham offer. Cut his wages for a season or two then move on if a decent offer comes in.

Win win if KT is willing :thumbsup:

Beckham isn't playing for nothing. He's playing for a ******* ginormous salary and choosing to give it away. Fenlon is mistaken in introducing the analogy. We know he'd give away all his earnings, straight to his mum, but Thomson wouldn't be free to Hibs if he 'did a Beckham'.

bigwheel
02-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Beckham isn't playing for nothing. He's playing for a ******* ginormous salary and choosing to give it away. Fenlon is mistaken in introducing the analogy. We know he'd give away all his earnings, straight to his mum, but Thomson wouldn't be free to Hibs if he 'did a Beckham'.

I think we understood his point though ....

JustSimplyHibs
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Yes i agree.

Although to some human understanding this analogy can be interpreted as we are not prepared to pay high wages and if there was some form of financial contract between club and player on the table, it would be close to zero. And with Hibs there will be defo be no financial deal between charity and club.

lapsedhibee
02-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes i agree.

Although to some human understanding this analogy can be interpreted as we are not prepared to pay high wages and if there was some form of financial contract between club and player on the table, it would be close to zero. And with Hibs there will be defo be no financial deal between charity and club.

If Katie agreed to pay Hibs for putting him in the shop window, then that might be a contract worth considering. Perhaps a relatively small amount to Hibs as a retainer, then a substantial sum for every appearance?

Captain Trips
02-02-2013, 04:26 PM
If Katie agreed to pay Hibs for putting him in the shop window, then that might be a contract worth considering. Perhaps a relatively small amount to Hibs as a retainer, then a substantial sum for every appearance?

Is it not time to move on from deals like these, half our problem is to many loans/short term deals and constant squad revamping. PF has to identify players whom will improve us and commit that is way forward and why players like Robertson are the way to go hopefully.

jeffers
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I made the point on another thread - we supposedly tried to get Craig early and were after a winger. We got one of the two but now we have no money to sign Thomson (or anyone else for that matter)....??

Andy74
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I made the point on another thread - we supposedly tried to get Craig early and were after a winger. We got one of the two but now we have no money to sign Thomson (or anyone else for that matter)....??

You can't work out the difference? I presume most freed players will be looking for more than a 6 month contract.

jeffers
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
You can't work out the difference? I presume most freed players will be looking for more than a 6 month contract.

That would be a fair point if we were keeping all the players we currently have signed beyond next season but I highly doubt Kujabi and Kuqi will be offered new deals nor do I expect Claros, Sparky and McGivern to all be there next season.

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Boro may have released him, but the treatment table is made of sterner stuff and I can't see it letting him go quite so easily.

greenteam
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
didnt he slag hibs off when he left

Andy74
02-02-2013, 06:34 PM
That would be a fair point if we were keeping all the players we currently have signed beyond next season but I highly doubt Kujabi and Kuqi will be offered new deals nor do I expect Claros, Sparky and McGivern to all be there next season.

Yeah and they will need replaced when they go.

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2013, 06:37 PM
didnt he slag hibs off when he left

he slagged hibs off whilst still at the club, him and his vile agent wullie Mc*ock(whatever), total disrespect for the captains armband that he should have been proud to wear

jeffers
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Yeah and they will need replaced when they go.

I'm not really following you then. If I've mis-read reports and it was either Craig or a winger and we signed Done then I understand why Paddy is saying we can't sign anyone else. However if it was both then where has the money gone we were going to be paying Craig ? If we could pay him as well as Done then we should still have scope to sign another player no ? If we choose to offer that player a deal beyond the end of the season then we use the salary of the player(s) that won't be offered a new deal in the summer.

And I'm not trying to be a smart -arse I'm genuinely interested why we apperared to have scope to sign 2 players before the window closed, only signed 1 and our manager is saying we don't have funds to sign anyone else. Of course it could just be a simple as we've used up all our available budget on signing Done.