PDA

View Full Version : Ross County must wish they could play us every week

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2013, 10:16 PM
How many defeats is that to the Highlands 'middle of nowhere wee club' this season? Not good enough. Top three is required in order to represent a massive stride forward from the Hun included SPL of last season. Ross ****** County are doing my nut in!

goosefat
31-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes, it seems the mulligans we usually gave to hertz every season have now been transferred to Ross County.

:rolleyes:

vla_di_vla
31-01-2013, 10:25 PM
How many defeats is that to the Highlands 'middle of nowhere wee club' this season? Not good enough. Top three is required in order to represent a massive stride forward from the Hun included SPL of last season. Ross ****** County are doing my nut in!

Is it true we have never beaten them in a competitive game? I was told that but haven't checked it out

stoneyburn hibs
31-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Is it true we have never beaten them in a competitive game? I was told that but haven't checked it out

Aye 4 defeats and a draw.

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Aye 4 defeats and a draw.

Considering they also went on a 40+ game unbeaten streak in the league until relatively recently, that rather scotches the classic "wee club from the middle of nowhere" dismissal in the OP I'd say.

Hibernia&Alba
31-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Considering they also went on a 40+ game unbeaten streak in the league until relatively recently, that rather scotches the classic "wee club from the middle of nowhere" dismissal in the OP I'd say.

It's a totally unacceptable record. We're Hibernian and they're Ross County, yet they keep turning us over. See league table.

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 11:37 PM
It's a totally unacceptable record. We're Hibernian and they're Ross County, yet they keep turning us over. See league table.

It's not a good record, of that I am aware, but this chest thumping "We're Hibernian and they're <insert any non OF team here>" line is just pompous prattery.

And I had a butchers at the league table and we are 6 points ahead of them :confused:

Andy74
31-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Celtic prefer playing Barca to us though so it all evens out.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Another negative thread.....:rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
It's not a good record, of that I am aware, but this chest thumping "We're Hibernian and they're <insert any non OF team here>" line is just pompous prattery.

And I had a butchers at the league table and we are 6 points ahead of them :confused:

No wins in 5 games aginst a team in its first ever season in th SPL is 'pompus prattery'? Define successful non-prattery then. We haven't been able to buy a win against a team in its first year at this level.

lyonhibs
01-02-2013, 12:11 AM
No wins in 5 games aginst a team in its first ever season in th SPL is 'pompus prattery'? Define successful non-prattery then. We haven't been able to buy a win against a team in its first year at this level.

But we have however beaten Celtc and Hearts??

I just mean that the mentality that because we are Hibernian FC, we should automatically be beating the so judged "wee teams" is pompous prattery.

Ross County have more than held their own this season. I don't see what it being their 1st year at this level has to do with anything. They strolled the 1st Division last year.

Hibernia&Alba
01-02-2013, 12:22 AM
But we have however beaten Celtc and Hearts??

I just mean that the mentality that because we are Hibernian FC, we should automatically be beating the so judged "wee teams" is pompous prattery.

Ross County have more than held their own this season. I don't see what it being their 1st year at this level has to do with anything. They strolled the 1st Division last year.

So 4 defeats in 5 games against them is acceptable? I say it isn't good enough for our club

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Yes, it seems the mulligans we usually gave to hertz every season have now been transferred to Ross County.

:rolleyes:

Who or wtf are mulligans?

danhibees1875
01-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Who or wtf are mulligans?

I think it's a golfing term for when a player gets to take his shot again without any penalties.

A more appropriate term would probably be a gimme - where by rc would just be awarded the points without actually having to play out the game.

*I can only apologise if these things only exist in the world of ea sports golf on the PlayStation - I've never seen them happen in real life.

basehibby
01-02-2013, 02:51 AM
Celtic prefer playing Barca to us though so it all evens out.

Nail on head! Football throws up these anomolies - hating the record vs Ross County though - we must hump them SOON

clerriehibs
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Hardly nail on head - celtc have flukex their results v barca. Ross County have usually outplayed us and deserved their result.

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Like it or not Ross County are a decent team and I wouldnt altogether be amazed if they finish in the top 6. For all his apparent obnoxiousness Adams has done a great job there and continues to do so. Their recent results have been very good including winning 4-1 away at St Mirren.

Hibercelona
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Like it or not Ross County are a decent team and I wouldnt altogether be amazed if they finish in the top 6. For all his apparent obnoxiousness Adams has done a great job there and continues to do so. Their recent results have been very good including winning 4-1 away at St Mirren.

Ross County are a decent team. But with our resources, we should be even more decent than them.

Everytime we play them, they try harder and look like they know what they're doing. Where as we just run around the field like headless chickens with no game plan at all.

bigwheel
01-02-2013, 01:41 PM
They are a decent team. wr were by far the better side at the game at ER , but we couldn't score and they created a goal from one of their few attacks...they seem to have a hoodoo over us ...mind you , we seem to struggle to win north of Fife these days !

Zorro
01-02-2013, 02:01 PM
My other half is from that neck of the woods - her family are all Ross County fans. Strangely enough they really enjoy me coming up for a visit... so as you can imagine I am very keen for us to give them a going over!!

Craig_in_Prague
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Ross County are a decent team. But with our resources, we should be even more decent than them.

Everytime we play them, they try harder and look like they know what they're doing. Where as we just run around the field like headless chickens with no game plan at all.

It bothers me too and how predictable losing on Wednesday was, it shouldn't be like this.

Where is our fighting spirit and sporting respect. If you've lost to the same team twice already (and one of the games at home quite recently), surely you'd be doubly determined not to lose again.
Yet we just seem to turn up, roll over and back down the road saying another bad day at the office.
Not saying we turned up not wanting to get a result, but it just stinks IMHO.

Hibs really are a soft football club and it seems nothing will ever change, regardless of who is the manager or what the team is.

I enjoyed us beating Celtic, but the work rate they put in that match - chasing everything all over the park AND created some great chances, should be a benchmark that must be there for all matches, not when it suits them.

I appreciate we will lose some games no matter what, but at the very least I want to feel that after the final whistle has blown, we can at least be comferted by the fact the team had a good bash at it and the nature of the game meant we didn't win on that occasion, the problem with Hibs is we all know fine well before some games how it's going to be.

hibsitis
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM

This record asks some hard questions of us.Saying we have had unconvincing wins against hearts and Celtic is no reply. PF has yet to convince and, similarly, comparing him to the underachievers who preceded him is to damn with faint praise. He has been bringing in better players but we still need evidence he knows how to get the best from them.

Andy74
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
It bothers me too and how predictable losing on Wednesday was, it shouldn't be like this.

Where is our fighting spirit and sporting respect. If you've lost to the same team twice already (and one of the games at home quite recently), surely you'd be doubly determined not to lose again.
Yet we just seem to turn up, roll over and back down the road saying another bad day at the office.
Not saying we turned up not wanting to get a result, but it just stinks IMHO.

Hibs really are a soft football club and it seems nothing will ever change, regardless of who is the manager or what the team is.

I enjoyed us beating Celtic, but the work rate they put in that match - chasing everything all over the park AND created some great chances, should be a benchmark that must be there for all matches, not when it suits them.

I appreciate we will lose some games no matter what, but at the very least I want to feel that after the final whistle has blown, we can at least be comferted by the fact the team had a good bash at it and the nature of the game meant we didn't win on that occasion, the problem with Hibs is we all know fine well before some games how it's going to be.

It's more about styles of play now. We can't chase Ross County all over the park as we had most of the ball. We're just not good enough yet to break teams down that sit in or physically better us.

That'll come with having better and different attacking options.

We've been poor against teams that we need to dicate the game and tempo with but we've been very good against those that try and play a bit.

Happy that we will work through it.

Mowbray's teams got regular doings in Inverness for long enough!

clerriehibs
01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
They are a decent team. wr were by far the better side at the game at ER , but we couldn't score and they created a goal from one of their few attacks...they seem to have a hoodoo over us ...mind you , we seem to struggle to win north of Fife these days !

We struggle to win. Full stop. Period.