PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky Games

Fergus52
31-01-2013, 11:22 AM
I've seen on numerous threads now, posts describing how we have been dire all season and whenever we got a good result it was solely down to luck.

In principle I disagree with this, however there are some games I'll concede that we were lucky to win.

However, there have been a number of games where we have done more than enough to win, only to drop points.

Just off of the top of my head (there will be more) I can think of:

Hearts 1-1: controlled it from start to finish, had it not been for Maybury's error we would have won.

Inverness 2-2: again, created multiple chances and should have won.

Aberdeen 0-1: were all over them, created multiple good chances, just nothing ended up sitting nicely for Doyle and Griffiths in the final 3rd.

I wasn't at the Motherwell game so I'm not including it. However from my friends and family who did attend I was told we controlled the game for about 2 thirds of the match, only for our defence to switch off towards the end

The Sea-gull
31-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I've seen on numerous threads now, posts describing how we have been dire all season and whenever we got a good result it was solely down to luck.

In principle I disagree with this, however there are some games I'll concede that we were lucky to win.

However, there have been a number of games where we have done more than enough to win, only to drop points.

Just off of the top of my head (there will be more) I can think of:

Hearts 1-1: controlled it from start to finish, had it not been for Maybury's error we would have won.

Inverness 2-2: again, created multiple chances and should have won.

Aberdeen 0-1: were all over them, created multiple good chances, just nothing ended up sitting nicely for Doyle and Griffiths in the final 3rd.

I wasn't at the Motherwell game so I'm not including it. However from my friends and family who did attend I was told we controlled the game for about 2 thirds of the match, only for our defence to switch off towards the end

Don't think we controlled the first derby from start to finish but if there was a derserved winner on that day it would have been us. Them taking a point was not day light robbery.

Yes, we absolutely beasted Inverness in the first half but after taking a 2-0 lead points should not really be dropped and there is more to it than bad luck if we do drop points.

Aberdeen game we deserved at least a draw and were unlucky that day.

Motherwell game was dire until we scored but again bad luck cannot be cited as a reason for throwing away a 2 goal lead.