PDA

View Full Version : The Pedantic_Hibee Memorial Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:58 AM
It is with a heavy heart and a glum countenance that I start this thread. Pedantic_Hibee, who so masterfully directed the exquisite mayhem of Transfer Deadline Day in the past two windows, cannot be with us. Equally famous for his surreal TDD missives and his anti-Hertz rhetoric (actually both the football club and the car hire company; the latter just comes up less often on here), PH is a .net colossus. Without his input, 2013's first TDD may well be a pale shadow of what has gone before.

But I come here to praise PH, not to bury him. For one thing, he's not even dead, just in gainful employment and therefore unable to spend 18 hours in his pants on his living room floor, hard-wired into the internet. The selfish dick. Regardless, at the behest of the .net PMs* I am stepping in to breach. Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. I hope that today is the day that I am on the receiving end of a great thrust from powers unseen.

Unhappily I am also working today, but early start = early finish, and so I shall return on my trusty steed (a Peugeot racing bike by the name of Zinedine) at 3.30, stopping only to stock up on Irn-Bru, Hula Hoops and crystal meth. By then, I trust this will have organically become a twitching trouser-snake of a thread, combining moments of raw hilarity with others of staggering, heart-stopping beauty.

You will have heard the rumours that PH is to return, sweeping in like an electronic Jim White to guide us to the frenzied climax. You may even have heard that he'll be appearing with Jim White on SSN. Both may be true, or neither - talk of jobs and commitment could be a dazzling feint, and PH could already be face-down in his first grab bag of Chilli Heatwave Doritos. Let come what may.

There may even be a transfer.

* A single PM of questionable wisdom suggested that I should start the thread.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 07:00 AM
P.S. For those who prefer transfers to be the main course, rather than a distant relative of whatever direction the thread takes, there is a more serious transfer thread here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?255952-The-Transfer-Deadline-day-thread-All-rumours-and-confirmed-deals).

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Startlingly brilliant opening gambit, Shiny.

I am currently greetin' on an X44 bus on my way to work with only a lukewarm can of fizzy pop and a packet of Quavers. Depressing scenes on Lithuania Regional Transport.

My ETA is 7pm for tonight's festivities. I had the foresight to indulge in a shopping trip in preparation for this evening. Far less spend half an hour sweating my Mark McGraw's off beside the oven, I have arranged a veritable banquet of brown bread and Swedish krisprolls to provide the foundations for my cheese, coleslaw, wafer thin chickens and hams as well as the juvenile procurement of Primula. A varied selection of crisps will follow with the potential for an Angel Slice should I take a fancy for a sugar rush.

Twitter, BBC Sport, .net, Pm Board and Sky website are already tabbed on the laptop whilst I have set the Sky Channel to 405 on the box to save vital seconds upon my return.

No stone has been left unturned in my pursuit of TDD thrills.

I may also have a phantom bout of the trots during office hours to enable an intermittent swatch at .net in trap 1.

Until then, fight the good fight, adorn this page with gifs, nubile women and culinary choices for the day.

hibs4thecup1988
31-01-2013, 08:32 AM
:faf: :top marks

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 08:42 AM

I know I should be offended by this, but I just can't, this thread is beautiful.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2013, 08:43 AM

I am currently greetin' on an X44 bus on my way to work with only a lukewarm can of fizzy pop and a packet of Quavers. Depressing scenes on Lithuania Regional Transport.

My ETA is 7pm for tonight's festivities. I had the foresight to indulge in a shopping trip in preparation for this evening. Far less spend half an hour sweating my Mark McGraw's off beside the oven, I have arranged a veritable banquet of brown bread and Swedish krisprolls to provide the foundations for my cheese, coleslaw, wafer thin chickens and hams as well as the juvenile procurement of Primula. A varied selection of crisps will follow with the potential for an Angel Slice should I take a fancy for a sugar rush.

Twitter, BBC Sport, .net, Pm Board and Sky website are already tabbed on the laptop whilst I have set the Sky Channel to 405 on the box to save vital seconds upon my return.

I may also have a phantom bout of the trots during office hours to enable an intermittent swatch at .net in trap 1.

Until then, fight the good fight, adorn this page with gifs, nubile women and culinary choices for the day.
At least you will be home in time for Jim White :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm having to factor in the +1 hour difference here, meaning that I'll get in a few hours between work and some sport called "badminton" I've been roped into playing later, then a couple afterwards.

Crisp sandwiches will be consumed, top ups of cigarettes and booze will be bought and any number of spurious food-related (or maybe not....) debates will inevitably spring up as the day progresses.

However, the only football-related content of this thread can be Hibs related, Hearts firesale related, Jim White praising or updates as Harry Redknapp winds down his car window at the exit of Spurs training ground (yes, I know he's not actually their manager any more, but doubtless he'll find a reason to loiter there today, just for old times sake)

scoopyboy
31-01-2013, 08:46 AM

A true legend.

Hibby70
31-01-2013, 08:48 AM

I thought he'd already done one in trap 1

PatHead
31-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Absolutely gutted that I am about to set off for work and haven't seen a packet of Quavers far less sight of Harry Rednapp on SSN. He is probably filling up with petrol for his frequent drives up and down the driveway at QPRs training facility before peaking out the window to utter some words of wisdom.

Although I will try and pop in and out of the hibs.net, I won't finish work until about 8.30 so will miss the bulk of the day but will invest in a large packet of Haribos, 6 pack of Quavers and a bottle of red cola so I am there in spirit. Have a great day lads and I hope pedantic remembered to get dressed this morning as I have heard of rumours of a man seen on the X44 wearing only a pair of 3 day old pants. Complete with piss stains and skid marks after being turned inside out. (Probably Harry which would explain his absence from the telly)

flash
31-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Just tucked a haggis roll with hp sauce away.
That should get things moving.

Benny Brazil
31-01-2013, 09:26 AM
0916:
HARRY REDKNAPP INTERVIEWED THROUGH A CAR WINDOW
Deadline day has definitely started now. Yes, the QPR manager has just been interviewed as he arrives for training. He appears to have confirmed the signing of defender Chris Samba, saying "it is good we have brought him in to replace Ryan Nelsen," but that is not a definite done deal yet.

On BBC website - at least some part of the TDD is staying as normal even though PH isnt here.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 09:29 AM
having been out since dark O'Clock I can confirm the weather is almost as miserable as last nights match thread - in fact its so bad I would not even make the mother in law goto the post box :wink:

My plans this week have altered more often than a woman's mind choosing shoes, meaning I am a tad unprepared for todays events. It may require some rummaging in the rear of the fridge for those Christmas cheese & pickles that have thus far failed to be ejected by the food police. This may require some inventive form of nachos by melting said cheeses over pickles smeared on the ignored shoved to the back of the cupboard crisps & snacks......a veritable culinary napalm ....it could be the most extraordinarily unexpected delight....or a gut wrenching farce that leaves me feeling ill for days.....A bit like watching Hibs then :rolleyes:

So far the window has brought too much concrete activity...so much so that the climax may not match the expectation...we can only hope that random sightings at airports and train stations mixed with better snack options and updates from TRAP 1 might provide the excitement required

xyz23jc
31-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Absolutely gutted that I am about to set off for work and haven't seen a packet of Quavers far less sight of Harry Rednapp on SSN. He is probably filling up with petrol for his frequent drives up and down the driveway at QPRs training facility before peaking out the window to utter some words of wisdom.

Although I will try and pop in and out of the hibs.net, I won't finish work until about 8.30 so will miss the bulk of the day but will invest in a large packet of Haribos, 6 pack of Quavers and a bottle of red cola so I am there in spirit. Have a great day lads and I hope pedantic remembered to get dressed this morning as I have heard of rumours of a man seen on the X44 wearing only a pair of 3 day old pants. Complete with piss stains and skid marks after being turned inside out. (Probably Harry which would explain his absence from the telly)

Pretty sure that's George Foulkes....:duck:

Green Man
31-01-2013, 09:45 AM
I am at work today, but the office is pretty quiet so I hope to be able to keep a semi-regular eye on TDD goings on. Annoyingly I have my end of year performance review this afternoon so will be out of the game for a whole hour. Once work is done, the wife is well aware of the importance of this day so I will be returning home to sit on the couch from approximately half 5 until the window slams shut at 11. I am informed that spaghetti bolognaise will be provided for tea; for the rest of the evening I have some chocolate remaining from Christmas, including a fairly large Toblerone. Should I require a cold beverage my fridge contains four cans of Carlsberg Export, also remaining from Christmas, which is not of the high standard I aspire to in my drinking but seems appropriate for the occasion.

Oscar T Grouch
31-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for cheering me up with this thread on what is a thoroughly miserable morning :thumbsup: Keep up the good work and humour, got a feeling I will need this today.

GGTTH

jodjam
31-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Is it too much to ask for a striker and wide man tonight?

No it's not too much. I want more. I want the lovely Natalie to take a break as she has to pop out to wipe some of the alcohol-based drool that jim has dribbled on her top. (who is running a book for Sawyers dress colour tonight?)

Then the gorgeous Rachel Wyse comes off the bench and delivers the news us fans want that pat has got a forward and wing man. Oh to hear it delivered in that soft irish lilt would be just fine :greengrin

Sylar
31-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Ah - a day when having refused to make the transition yet from PhD student to Researcher a worthwhile decision.

The TV is already on SSN, the first brew of coffee has been set to go and the cupboard is stocked with all necessary supplies.

It just won't be the same without PH and NSF leading the charge but hopefully there are an array of young upstarts hoping to make a name for themselves and attempt to fill the hollow.

IWasThere2016
31-01-2013, 10:05 AM
If Pedantic really wanted to be here, he'd be here :wink: We true TDD Uberfans are! :agree:

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 10:08 AM
(who is running a book for Sawyers dress colour tonight?)

I've only ever once put money on money on the colour of somebody's dress before. I put a tenner on the Queen's dress being yellow at the opening ceremony, but the bitch decided to wear a coral pink colour :grr:

http://www.mobilesportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Queen.jpg

Just look at her, smug cow.

Jones28
31-01-2013, 10:09 AM
It is with a heavy heart and a glum countenance that I start this thread. Pedantic_Hibee, who so masterfully directed the exquisite mayhem of Transfer Deadline Day in the past two windows, cannot be with us. Equally famous for his surreal TDD missives and his anti-Hertz rhetoric (actually both the football club and the car hire company; the latter just comes up less often on here), PH is a .net colossus. Without his input, 2013's first TDD may well be a pale shadow of what has gone before.

But I come here to praise PH, not to bury him. For one thing, he's not even dead, just in gainful employment and therefore unable to spend 18 hours in his pants on his living room floor, hard-wired into the internet. The selfish dick. Regardless, at the behest of the .net PMs* I am stepping in to breach. Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. I hope that today is the day that I am on the receiving end of a great thrust from powers unseen.

Unhappily I am also working today, but early start = early finish, and so I shall return on my trusty steed (a Peugeot racing bike by the name of Zinedine) at 3.30, stopping only to stock up on Irn-Bru, Hula Hoops and crystal meth. By then, I trust this will have organically become a twitching trouser-snake of a thread, combining moments of raw hilarity with others of staggering, heart-stopping beauty.

You will have heard the rumours that PH is to return, sweeping in like an electronic Jim White to guide us to the frenzied climax. You may even have heard that he'll be appearing with Jim White on SSN. Both may be true, or neither - talk of jobs and commitment could be a dazzling feint, and PH could already be face-down in his first grab bag of Chilli Heatwave Doritos. Let come what may.

This is the single best opening post to any thread, ever :not worth

Speedway
31-01-2013, 10:12 AM

Quick word to the wise re: snack choices today. If you indulge in Snickers or Topics, chew thoroughly. Mastercating with care allows for a very gentle Jim White when the times comes.

No it's not too much. I want more. I want the lovely Natalie to take a break as she has to pop out to wipe some of the alcohol-based drool that jim has dribbled on her top. (who is running a book for Sawyers dress colour tonight?)

Then the gorgeous Rachel Wyse comes off the bench and delivers the news us fans want that pat has got a forward and wing man. Oh to hear it delivered in that soft irish lilt would be just fine :greengrin

Jim Gray and David Duff have just been spotted heading into ER to we've got a chance of two wide men today.

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2013, 10:13 AM

:greengrin I hope you've not started with the money shot.

s.a.m
31-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Mr Rhinoceros‏@MrNorthiceIn Sweden, we celebrate Transfer Deadline Day on what you call Transfer Deadline Day Eve. Today, we regret our indulgence.

Jones28
31-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Well it's been a fairly subdued start to TDD on my part, had first breakfast and took the dog out. Anyone got any advice on what to go for food-wise next? Is bacon combined with bread a suitable choice on this day of days? Do we know our SSN line up for the day?

I love TDD :thumbsup:

Speedway
31-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Can we not merge the two threads? It would be much more entertaining.

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 10:29 AM

Yeah I second this, what made these threads so great is that they're a good blend of funnies as well as actual news.

Sylar
31-01-2013, 10:30 AM

Seconded :greengrin

Balotelli has signed for AC Milan.

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Talk (albeit not very much) of Niall McGinn going to Leeds, that would be great news for us.

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Well now off out the door to meet with our board and get into what I expect to be some hefty renumeration negotiations. May Rod be with me. I'm sure the workforce won't mind taking a less than inflation pay rise providing Hibs get a few new good signings.

Get intae them Rod!

Treadstone
31-01-2013, 10:51 AM

I am reliably informed that Ms. Sawyer receives 'a garment allowance to adorn herself with attire befitting a broadcaster to the tune of £500'.

Or as the SSN producer put it "Love, here's a monkey, get yourself something to show off your rack"

(Dress Colour : I sense a vamp it up Red.)

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah I second this, what made these threads so great is that they're a good blend of funnies as well as actual news.

Best thing would be to ramp up the rumour content of this thread... I suggest shamelessly plagiarising the other thread.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 11:29 AM
UPDATE

with the sleet now battering against the front windows I have taken the decision to commit properly to TDD - canceling jobs for rest of day...wood burner lit to drive away cold

I have managed to shoehorn some morning rolls filled with garlic sausage and cheese into the toastie machine - coupled with some tomato & chili relish and some lonely bombay mix I hope that Mrs DTS will appreciate the efforts made to clear out unwanted items ....

PS Becks off to PSG

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Best thing would be to ramp up the rumour content of this thread... I suggest shamelessly plagiarising the other thread.

Andros Townsend from Spurs to QPR now off.

@RobHarris: David Beckham will be unveiled as a Paris Saint-Germain player at 5pm French time

You heard it here first folks.

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2013, 11:31 AM

@RobHarris: David Beckham will be unveiled as a Paris Saint-Germain player at 5pm French time

:na na:

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 11:41 AM

That's the spirit!

Ultrabee1-0
31-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Also just herd darren bent to liverpool I really hope not he's ****!

Green Man
31-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Lunchtime is approaching. I have brought in a sesame bagel (M&S) filled with garlic & herb soft cheese and chorizo, salami and Parma ham (the remnants of a cold meat selection consumed on Monday night). I quite fancy accompanying it with some soup, but the canteen menu hasn't been put up this week so I'll need to go downstairs (2 floors), running the risk of a wasted trip if the soup on offer is no good. On the plus side, the TV in the canteen is sometimes tuned to Sky Sports News, if this is the case today the potential soup situation would be redeemed.

Green Man
31-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Also just herd darren bent to liverpool I really hope not he's ****!

Photo evidence here: Liverpool sign bent (http://frrole.com/o/breaking-did-not-see-this-one-coming-li-paddypower-liverpool)

Ultrabee1-0
31-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Am going to see liverpool vs zenit in febuary in the europa league and he better not start he is utter ****!

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 11:49 AM
UPDATE

with the sleet now battering against the front windows I have taken the decision to commit properly to TDD - canceling jobs for rest of day...wood burner lit to drive away cold

I have managed to shoehorn some morning rolls filled with garlic sausage and cheese into the toastie machine - coupled with some tomato & chili relish and some lonely bombay mix I hope that Mrs DTS will appreciate the efforts made to clear out unwanted items ....

PS Becks off to PSG

Good try...but ultimate fail :greengrin

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Good try...but ultimate fail :greengrin

You see that's what I meant to do. This thread has the news TWICE, which officially makes it better than the other one :agree:

PatHead
31-01-2013, 11:58 AM
I am reliably informed that Ms. Sawyer receives 'a garment allowance to adorn herself with attire befitting a broadcaster to the tune of £500'.

Or as the SSN producer put it "Love, here's a monkey, get yourself something to show off your rack"

(Dress Colour : I sense a vamp it up Red.)

Well lunchtime arrived, what is everyone eating. Tucking into Red Cola, packet of sandwiches, Thai sweet chillis sensations and a 4 pack of bounties, (late changes once shelves were scanned).

On the Natalie Sawyer side looking forward to seeing our girl but did anyone see the SSN girl in the diving programme. Fair old camel's hoof.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Lunchtime is approaching. I have brought in a sesame bagel (M&S) filled with garlic & herb soft cheese and chorizo, salami and Parma ham (the remnants of a cold meat selection consumed on Monday night). I quite fancy accompanying it with some soup, but the canteen menu hasn't been put up this week so I'll need to go downstairs (2 floors), running the risk of a wasted trip if the soup on offer is no good. On the plus side, the TV in the canteen is sometimes tuned to Sky Sports News, if this is the case today the potential soup situation would be redeemed....

Risk it - good soup potential should not be missed..:agree:

PS - just had Desperate Housewife looking for emergency job done to break access for the plumber....

Should I respond / or sit on my erchie enjoying random snacks and TDD rumors?

Green Man
31-01-2013, 12:02 PM

PS - just had Desperate Housewife looking for emergency job done to break access for the plumber....

I'm away down to investigate the soup. I'll report back shortly.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 12:04 PM

Don't move a muscle.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Don't have Sky.....is this why so many do ?

What if she is the Desperate Housewife :eyes:

matty_f
31-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Just scranned some cheeses with some fresh crusty bread. Ben and Holly's Magic Kingdom giving the kids some temporary respite from transfer deadline day. Thank God for Sky Go!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Hayley McQueen sporting a nice tight red top on SSN. Quality breastage!

_hucks_
31-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Of all the days to be working a 13 hour shift, I've picked a stinker. I'll hear the Liverpool chatter no doubt (I work in a betting shop, plenty rumours mooted), but no SSN to keep me on track.
Anyway, I have a box of Golden Grahams and a freshly brewed pot of coffee to keep me going until my Tesco run (twiglets seem like an appropriate TDD purchase), let's hope theres some good deals to keep people smiling!

PatHead
31-01-2013, 12:30 PM

Thats the one from the diving. What a photo but can you get her to stand up?

PatHead
31-01-2013, 12:32 PM

Mmmm. Tasty, Any other photos? (he tried to ask in a non perverted way)

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Afforded myself a day off from the mind numbing revision schedule I have been subjecting myself to over the past couple of weeks for what is the highlight of my January. Needless to say the thread has not disappointed so far. The NSF/PH double team to kick it off truly was spoiling us and I worry that such an intimidating duo leading the charge will deter the traditional decoration of pish rumours and sexual innuendo that make this thread what it is.

Regardless, in the tantalising hope that I am spouting keech and the thread is as legendary as ever, I have prepared myself with a feast of meaty snacks, sweets and suitable beverages to accompany me through the SSN wilderness of Redknapp shouting at interviewers, Holloway making sex jokes and - if we're lucky - a gripping interview with uncle fester himself as he talks up the "young lads" that will win them that elusive Champions League one day. It promises to be a good one.

NOTE: In the event that Hibs actually sign a fast winger that isn't just an Irishman on a scooter, I endorse a celebratory troll on sickback; shouting and bawling that "The munay prolbems were al a trik 2 get 1 ovar the hobos, hw hav they beet us 2 that laddy? We are teh big teem, they shud let us hav the gud plaers? Jimmy even smeared his sh*t on they'r toalet walls?"

Mind you, they'll probably all agree with it. :grr:

danhibees1875
31-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Hayley McQueen sporting a nice tight red top on SSN. Quality breastage!

Confirmed. :agree:

Food wise, I've cut, boiled and mashed some yam's to accompany some haggis I had that didn't get used on Friday.

Have hibs signed Beckham or Stevie Howard yet?

Green Man
31-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Today's canteen soup offering is an unappealing looking chicken broth, or caramelised carrot, a flavour I haven't encountered before but am going to give a try. Also picked up some Thai sweet chicken McCoys which will be an excellent addition to my TDD food.

Thecat23
31-01-2013, 12:36 PM

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Getting the train back from Inverness @ 1545, Greggs products and Strongbow to wash it down will be procured before boarding the train and perusing this thread.

For the record I predict a figure hugging yellow number for our Natalie (sorry HibbyAndy!)

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2013, 12:43 PM
First can of Stella now open and about about to stick a couple of Greggs steak bakes in the oven. Genius idea by Iceland!!!

HibbyAndy
31-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Getting the train back from Inverness @ 1545, Greggs products and Strongbow to wash it down will be procured before boarding the train and perusing this thread.

For the record I predict a figure hugging yellow number for our Natalie (sorry HibbyAndy!)

:not worth

I predict Natalie will be giving me the whole 'Come to bed eyes' Round about 10pmish...The girl kens she's bang tidy and boy she kens how to float ma boat!.

Sergio sledge
31-01-2013, 12:48 PM

No greggs in Inverness I'm afraid. Get yourself a dream ring from Harry Gow's (on union st across from the train station) You'll need some wipes for your hands if you are reading this thread on the train on a tablet/touchscreen phone, wouldn't want to get cream all over your screen.

Cream from the dream ring of course.....

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 12:49 PM
:not worth

I predict Natalie will be giving me the whole 'Come to bed eyes' Round about 10pmish...The girl kens she's bang tidy and boy she kens how to float ma boat!.

Andy, any chance you could 'confirm' that Wylde isn't coming to Hibs? Think he'd be a good signing for us :wink::greengrin

Green Man
31-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Lunch update. The caramelised carrot soup was not too great, just a mild taste of carrot really. I can see why coriander is usually added. Did better with the bagel, although I prefer all chorizo to the meat triumvirate. Possibly some tension between the Spanish and Italian factions (actually I can't remember if it was German or Milano salami, so there's another consideration).

I now have to decide whether to eat my crisps now, or save them for later and have a healthy snack now.

Actually I've decided, crisps now. Got a meeting 2 till 3 after which I don't want to spoil my appetite for tea.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Andy, any chance you could 'confirm' that Wylde isn't coming to Hibs? Think he'd be a good signing for us :wink::greengrin

:hilarious

If a say he wull that means he wullnae:greengrin

HibbyAndy
31-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Lunch update for me,..Bought a wee cheap egg poacher hing fron Dunnel ,Straiton ..Absolute barry but has made one hell of a mess in my Microwave!!..Bits ay Egg everywhere :Ummm:

Speedway
31-01-2013, 12:59 PM
How's the thread merge coming along?

Wylde deal still on the cards, chaps.

Hibee Ryan
31-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Lunch update:
Chicken and chips is on its way! Route looks fine so should be here within 30 minutes. Will keep you all posted on any changes

Green Man
31-01-2013, 01:28 PM
A twist in proceedings with news of a potential injury. The hot soup appears to have left some blistering on the roof of my mouth. It doesn't appear too serious, but it's too early to tell if it will impact any potential deadline day dealings. Cold water is currently being administered to keep the situation under control.

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-01-2013, 01:30 PM

Any others likely or is that the one?

Daly, Erskine, QOS lads?

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 01:42 PM
A twist in proceedings with news of a potential injury. The hot soup appears to have left some blistering on the roof of my mouth. It doesn't appear too serious, but it's too early to tell if it will impact any potential deadline day dealings. Cold water is currently being administered to keep the situation under control.

Oof, it's not looking good for salt and vinegar McCoys later.

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 01:48 PM
http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/news/transfer-deadline-day-2013-live-on-bbc-sport-sky-sports-news-54133/

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 01:54 PM
No greggs in Inverness I'm afraid. Get yourself a dream ring from Harry Gow's (on union st across from the train station) You'll need some wipes for your hands if you are reading this thread on the train on a tablet/touchscreen phone, wouldn't want to get cream all over your screen.

Cream from the dream ring of course.....

Millie Clode is my dream ring, evidence available on my avatar!

Inverness town centre seems to be bereft of offies as well! any near the station?

Pretty Boy
31-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Breaking news

Jim White is in the building!

Green Man
31-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Disappointment for Green Man as a one-hour meeting interrupts TDD activity. I'm looking forward to catching up with the action when I return.

Golden Bear
31-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Lunch update for me,..Bought a wee cheap egg poacher hing fron Dunnel ,Straiton ..Absolute barry but has made one hell of a mess in my Microwave!!..Bits ay Egg everywhere :Ummm:

:greengrin

Baked potatoes wrapped in tinfoil don't do particularly well in the microwave either. The scene was reminiscent of a Sky at Night program. Patrick Moore would have been well impressed.

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Breaking News.

Jim White has just arrived in the building for deadline Day.

Still no reports of the gorgeous http://www.starspreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Natalie-Sawyer.jpg as yet.

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Harry now chasing Peter Crouch, has left the training ground to fill the car up again, destination unknown.

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Danny Graham signs for Sunderland. £5m

JimBHibees
31-01-2013, 02:11 PM

I wonder if the Wylde deal is a back up in case we cant get Craig now.

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 02:14 PM
4th Bid for Hooper from Norwich has been rejected by Celtic. Go on Gary do the right thing :greengrin

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 02:15 PM
celtc knock back a 4th bid for Hooper from Norwich.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Breaking news

Jim White is in the building!

Breaking News.

Jim White has just arrived in the building for deadline Day.

Still no reports of the gorgeous http://www.starspreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Natalie-Sawyer.jpg as yet.
:jmcp:

Speedway
I wonder if the Wylde deal is a back up in case we cant get Craig now.

I wonder if we're trying to get Craig now because we're struggling to get Wylde.

JimBHibees
I wonder if we're trying to get Craig now because we're struggling to get Wylde.

Yep IMO think they are linked but we wont have both.

Hibee Ryan
31-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Hibs get (hopefully our first) mentioned on sky sports news

Unfortunately it was about some boy standing outside east mains saying it was freezing

adhibs
31-01-2013, 02:21 PM
possibly tring to use what we'd spend on wylde's wages untill the end of the season to bring craig in? Wouldn't imagine itd add upto much though

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Hibs get (hopefully our first) mentioned on sky sports news

Unfortunately it was about some boy standing outside east mains saying it was freezing

Is it Bollah? If so, can we expect a typically comprehensive weather update?

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Luke Shanley at darkheid.

Some Hibs news Luke.

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Luke Shanley at darkheid.

Some Hibs news Luke.

Nothing.

Get it sorted Petrie. :greengrin

Hibee Ryan
31-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Is it Bollah? If so, can we expect a typically comprehensive weather update?

I think we went by the name "John" which is the same name as John O'Neill which is also Martin O'Neill who is Nothern Irish, who stereotypically don't like the Republic of Ireland which leads me to believe that we are 100% signing an Irish player! Damn it Fenlon!!!

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 02:44 PM
oOOOHH Natalie has been announced :greengrin

Golden Bear
31-01-2013, 02:45 PM
oOOOHH Natalie has been announced :greengrin

Who does she play for likesay.

danhibees1875
31-01-2013, 02:46 PM

FC Cluj :duck:

JimBHibees
31-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Brest. :greengrin

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 02:54 PM
BREAKING: Jim White's head has been spotted over the top of a desk in the Sky Sports backroom centre. More to follow.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 02:55 PM

:tee hee:

Speedway
31-01-2013, 02:56 PM

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2013, 02:56 PM

She's wanted by young boys.

green glory
31-01-2013, 02:59 PM

Yam!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Udinese is it not? Wouldnae be surprised if she ended up at Bristol City at some point!

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 03:03 PM

Arsenal?

Golden Bear
31-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Udinese is it not?

Correct. And she has a team mate by the name of Louise I believe.

:agree:

1875er
31-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Please don't let anybody Scunny!! :greengrin

Funkydunc
31-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Would like to see her Reggina

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Please don't let anybody Scunny!! :greengrin

I'd love to see how many people have been sitting there debating with themselves where the line was.:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Correct. And she has a team mate by the name of Louise I believe.

:agree:

Harry's laddie did alright with his mrs of the same name! I've always had a "soft" spot for her!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 03:15 PM
The SSN girls have upped their game for TDD, nae point in commenting on transfers until Hibs do something! Kirsty looking resplendent in a lovely blue garment! She might've had a wee trim too, its hard to tell whilst she is sat behind that desk.

Green Man
31-01-2013, 03:16 PM
This just in... Green Man has returned to his desk after a very successful end of year review. Green Man can now lay to rest speculation that he would be moving in this transfer window, as his current employer emphasised his worth to the team and recognised the excellent work done over the past year.

Green Man then realised he was referring to himself in the third person and decided it was time for coffee - a mocha from the office vending machine.

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Reporting from Edinburgh.
http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/images/news-staff/guillem-balague/guillem-balague-Image-002.jpg

Pete
31-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Being self employed, I've a lot of money to give over to the taxman today.

Anyone else feel like telling him to shove it and handing over the money to pat for players?

silverhibee
31-01-2013, 03:31 PM
;poundit;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=4R2tX2NP-bk

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

The_Sauz
31-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Confirmed. :agree:

Food wise, I've cut, boiled and mashed some yam's to accompany some haggis I had that didn't get used on Friday.

Have hibs signed Beckham or Stevie Howard yet?

:sick:Who would want to eat them!

PatHead
31-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Being self employed, I've a lot of money to give over to the taxman today.

Coffee time

Anyone else feel like telling him to shove it and handing over the money to pat for players?

Great idea, think I'll tell him to shove it in a Hun/Jambo manner and advise him to swivel. I'll say I'll pay it in May if he is lucky as I need the money I've just got in and give Rod a wee sub. Can't see how they will disagree.

MoscowHibs
31-01-2013, 03:53 PM

She's wanted by some Aulder boy's tae, trust me !!!!!

Speedway
31-01-2013, 04:04 PM
;poundit;

*sigh*

Green Man
31-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Home time for me, I'll keep an eye out for potential signings on the 21 bus.

danhibees1875
31-01-2013, 04:10 PM
:sick:Who would want to eat them!

:greengrin they're dirty little things so need a good old wash. But after that you can go to town on them with a knife and masher.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Right, I'm home from work. No sign of the Cambridge fish man today, so I had to make do with a fish-finger sandwich and a tug.

Irn-Bru, caramel wafers, a selection of antipasti and a multipack of Hula Hoops have been procured. My command centre is up and running: .net on the main laptop; SSN on the old laptop; the Grauniad's live blog on the tablet; Twitter on my phone.

Consider me ensconced.

greenlex
31-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Guillem Balague is in Edinburgh. He is usually in the know regards ins and outs to and from Spain. 2+2 = 34567213.

greenlex
31-01-2013, 04:22 PM
WTF is Charlie Nic wearing. Sort yersel oot man.

Macaroon
Right, I'm home from work. No sign of the Cambridge fish man today, so I had to make do with a fish-finger sandwich and a tug.

Irn-Bru, caramel wafers, a selection of antipasti and a multipack of Hula Hoops have been procured. My command centre is up and running: .net on the main laptop; SSN on the old laptop; the Grauniad's live blog on the tablet; Twitter on my phone.

Consider me ensconced.

Let the fun commence :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
;poundit;

Funny that, I saw that exact same face as at 24 seconds in just last night.............

Back in from work - last 2 hours spent walking round a tourism fair pretending I had a ****ing clue what was being spraffed at me, extremely quickly, in Deutsch.

All I could think of was "Jam doughnut or chocolate cake................."

For the extra danger factor of jam spurting everywhere, it's jam doughnut time.

Spike Mandela
31-01-2013, 04:24 PM
WTF is Charlie Nic wearing. Sort yersel oot man.

Ha ha. News from Scotland:confused: he talks about Hooper then they move on to Arsenal:rolleyes:

Hibee Ryan
31-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Guy on SSN currently calling Aiden McGeady "Aiden McCready". See when your only job is to get people's names right, you'd think they'd put a little effort into learning them! Same with commentators

JimBHibees
31-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Guy on SSN currently calling Aiden McGeady "Aiden McCready". See when your only job is to get people's names right, you'd think they'd put a little effort into learning them! Same with commentators

Obviously a Balamory fan. :greengrin

Golden Bear
31-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Help ma boab ------------ Twitter is down

What an absolute disaster.

:rolleyes:

Speedway
31-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Twitter's fine for me, been working all day no problem.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Help ma boab ------------ Twitter is down

What an absolute disaster.

:rolleyes:

Presumably the Twitter downtime will be added to the end of the window as stoppage time?

Golden Bear
31-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Presumably the Twitter downtime will be added to the end of the window as stoppage time?

But of course.

:rules:

frazeHFC
31-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Obviously a Balamory fan. :greengrin

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Jim!!

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 04:53 PM
jim!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :panic:

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 04:55 PM
He is on top form tonight. What a section from the big man. Clearly in the mood tonight!

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Jim lording it over all in sundry. FA lit up the Arch for him and planes flying overhead are flying low and dipping their wings in deference to him.

A god amongst men.

nonshinyfinish
He is on top form tonight. What a section from the big man. Clearly in the mood tonight!

Great positional sense. :agree:

Hibbyradge
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :panic:

Jim has no fear!

http://i.minus.com/iWausUdsBaXtI.gif

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 04:58 PM
PH on the first of two buses home.

In cinematic terms, at this juncture it's the equivalent of Bruce Willis in Armageddon on the asteroid (No.3 to Mayfield) touching base with NASA HQ (.net).

Let's hope by the end of the night I'm not making a final call prior to blowing myself up having just forcibly sent Nonshinyfinish up my chute. Oo and indeed, er.

Food news - An elderly Christian (henceforth known as my mother) has potentially derailed my impending snackathon by texting to say she has prepared a dinner for me. Without wishing to sound ungrateful, if this puts a scupper on my snacky supper I'll glass the wee ride with a Babybel.

Weather news - Wet in patches.

Trouser news - See above.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Almost forgot, have we signed anyone yet?

cocopops1875
31-01-2013, 05:04 PM

In cinematic terms, at this juncture it's the equivalent of Bruce Willis in Armageddon on the asteroid (No.3 to Mayfield) touching base with NASA HQ (.net).

Let's hope by the end of the night I'm not making a final call prior to blowing myself up having just forcibly sent Nonshinyfinish up my chute. Oo and indeed, er.

Food news - An elderly Christian (henceforth known as my mother) has potentially derailed my impending snackathon by texting to say she has prepared a dinner for me. Without wishing to sound ungrateful, if this puts a scupper on my snacky supper I'll glass the wee ride with a Babybel.

:top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Quality post, although the part about your old dear poses a question or two!

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Almost forgot, have we signed anyone yet?

I've just ploughed through the 'serious' transfer thread to catch up: no, but Speeders is dropping weighty hints that Taylor and Wylde will sign. Plus it looks like there's a decent chance of getting Craig now rather than in the summer.

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 05:10 PM

HAHAH Brilliant :hilarious

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Redknapp seems to be doing his interviews out of his car these days.

The world is going to the dogs.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Apparently Jack Butland chose Stoke over Chelsea because he wants first team football. Good to see a young player making the less obvious (but sensible) choice.

Hibs90
31-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Any actual news then gents?

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Can of Irn-Bru; cheese and onion Hula Hoops. I've got a Hula Hoop on the end of each digit, yet I'm still able to operate the can effectively. Tekkers.

frazeHFC
31-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Hahaha PH :faf:

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 05:16 PM
This is obviously pish, but I'm getting murmurings through the more "fish man's wives bridge partner's dog walker" style channels that Lee Bowyer has been spotted at ER.

Sorry to lower the tone with actual football chat, but felt this was meritworthy.

Lining up a mean bowl of homemade soup as we speak.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Who's the twat with the Fred perry on?

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Who's the twat with the Fred perry on?

Simon Jordan, ex Palace chairman.

Looks like he should be the "Perma tanned perv" on TOWIE or similar.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Thanks, the orange just glows doesn't it.

Thecat23
31-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Simon Jordan & Ray Wilkins on SSN. They look like Morph & Chas from Tony Hearts Heartbeat!!

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Simon Jordan & Ray Wilkins on SSN. They look like Morph & Chas from Tony Hearts Heartbeat!!

:hilarious

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Would this be a good time for some German jazz-techno?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BG2076Gz8Y

Yes it would.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 05:29 PM

i.e me in ten years.

I'm absolutely starving here. I feel like Gandhi without the toke.

In better news, I'm now on the X44 homeward bound wearing my game face. If it's a smooth journey I'll celebrate by blacking up for tonight's footballing frolics.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Worth noting that at roughly this exact moment 365 days ago Hibs.net collectively produced white coconuts from the veiny palm tree of love over the signing of Kujabi.

In hindsight, that's one money shot we'd gladly remove from the archive of tugging.

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Random off topic post: PH after reading your tweet a few weeks ago, I've now added the word 'thunder****' to my vocabulary :thumbsup:

On topic: Any advancements on signings?

Danderhall Hibs
i.e me in ten years.

I'm absolutely starving here. I feel like Gandhi without the toke.

In better news, I'm now on the X44 homeward bound wearing my game face. If it's a smooth journey I'll celebrate by blacking up for tonight's footballing frolics.

I read the thread title and thought you were dead! Good to hear from you!

lyonhibs
Worth noting that at roughly this exact moment 365 days ago Hibs.net collectively produced white coconuts from the veiny palm tree of love over the signing of Kujabi.

In hindsight, that's one money shot we'd gladly remove from the archive of tugging.

Humour us, who else did we sign that January? I suspect with the glory of hindsight, many bishops were needlessly bashed that night.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Hibs trying to get a winger, but it's looking unlikely now.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1fdsr5k5X1qkam0vo1_500.gif

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I can see Jim White's head again.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:41 PM
I can see Jim White's head again.

Text in and tell him to do up his fly.

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Text in and tell him to do up his fly.

Are you crazy?!

Green Man
Sky Sports News is on the telly, spaghetti bolognaise is on the hob. This thread is warming up nicely as well. On the iPad just now but will need to get on the laptop later to keep up with multiple news sources.

nonshinyfinish
Humour us, who else did we sign that January? I suspect with the glory of hindsight, many bishops were needlessly bashed that night.

The thread's in the vault, go and find out for yourself. :na na:

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 05:45 PM
The thread's in the vault, go and find out for yourself. :na na:

Nut. Dinnae want to.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I've only ever once put money on money on the colour of somebody's dress before. I put a tenner on the Queen's dress being yellow at the opening ceremony, but the bitch decided to wear a coral pink colour :grr:

http://www.mobilesportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Queen.jpg

Just look at her, smug cow.

http://www.geekextreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Gif-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Giving-Finger.gif

Jack Hackett
31-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Hate to be 'Pedantic'...but that would be 366 days ago as last year was a leap year :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Hate to be 'Pedantic'...but that would be 366 days ago as last year was a leap year :greengrin

Boom!

Thecat23
31-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Sky Sports News is on the telly, spaghetti bolognaise is on the hob. This thread is warming up nicely as well. On the iPad just now but will need to get on the laptop later to keep up with multiple news sources.

Can I pop round? Spagball is my fav. I'll do the dishes?!!!

Peevemor
31-01-2013, 05:53 PM
My girls are watching cartoons on the pc so I can't get on, meanwhile Madame Peeve's doing some steamed fish thingy. Oh aye! - and the cat shat in the bath this afternoon.

At least things can only improve!

Dinkydoo
31-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Thread on Hibs Bounce suggesting that Kuqi is away to Sheffield until the end of the season....

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.geekextreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Gif-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Giving-Finger.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pz02rOWv1qh8wol.gif

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 05:55 PM
the cat shat in the bath this afternoon

You hear that Rod? YOU HEAR THAT?!

Brighten the poor homme's day with a signing FFS.

R'Albin
31-01-2013, 05:55 PM

Oh, snap!

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Man City have signed some 18 year old Ghanian striker whose name can only be described as phenomenal.

Godsway Donyoh

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2013, 06:00 PM
My girls are watching cartoons on the pc so I can't get on, meanwhile Madame Peeve's doing some steamed fish thingy. Oh aye! - and the cat shat in the bath this afternoon.

At least things can only improve!

Im just in and the big telly won't go on! Cushions flying everywhere..it'd be fine if it was far kin eastenders! Plus side scotmid where selling mackies crisps for £1 and I'm having fish n chips for my tea it's not all doom and gloom :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2013, 06:02 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pz02rOWv1qh8wol.gif

http://i.imgur.com/E9QU4.gif

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Getting tore into this antipasti now, salty and delicious.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2013, 06:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/E9QU4.gif

3pm
31-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Pizza ordered. Pepperoni, Onion and Jalapenos.

I'm_cabbaged
31-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Just in after a couple after work, Mrs has got a lamb casserole on the go. I've got a beer in hand watching SSN, she's stripping wallpaper. :)
We've got a deal, she strips, I put it up............

frazeHFC
31-01-2013, 06:17 PM
After sitting in the hairdressers listening to the radio go on about Beckham for half an hour its of great relief to get home to the real TDD bonanza. Mackerel fillets and potato wedges on the go just now......bring on the transfers!

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm home, laptop on, SSN on the telly.

I'm shortly to be in receipt of two chicken breasts with Philadelphia and bacon encapsulating it/in it/on it/all over it. To supplement this fine dish, I have managed to recruit two chocolate mousses, a full carton of Ready Salted Pringles, two cans of Coke, a packet of Simply Sea Salted Walker's Crinkles, Quavers and a packet of Frazzles. Vice wise, I'm at 18 cigarettes with no requirement or wont for any alcohol.

However, if we sign an exotically named winger I'll be cracking open the old dear's drinks cabinet and getting blootered on cheap champagne.

Sartorial related matters now; a pair of battered Adidas trackies, a Diesel polo shirt that has seen better days and a dressing gown. The collar is erect, Cantona style, to show that I mean business.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:21 PM
No Transfer Deadline Day thread is complete without the obligatory appearance of the future Mrs Pedantic.

Gents (and ladies of an appreciative nature), I present you Natalia Domestico.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/yt2CS4GhSj8/0.jpg

A weekend with her and she'd be quintessentially rogered more times than a walkie-talkie. Hubba hubba.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Sartorial related matters now; a pair of battered Adidas trackies, a Diesel polo shirt that has seen better days and a dressing gown. The collar is erect, Cantona style, to show that I mean business.

I'm heating things up in an attempt to lure some players to ER. I've slipped into a sexy little number - this season's home top.

green glory
31-01-2013, 06:23 PM
No Transfer Deadline Day thread is complete without the obligatory appearance of the future Mrs Pedantic.

Gents (and ladies of an appreciative nature), I present you Natalia Domestico.

A weekend with her and she'd be quintessentially rogered more times than a walkie-talkie. Hubba hubba.

She'd get 'it'. Very badly!

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Oh aye, and I'm having cheesy mash to augment the chicken extravaganza.

As well as launching an ambitious attempt to double my post count before midnight. F****ing barry! :greengrin

thebakerboy
31-01-2013, 06:35 PM
When does Jim White actually appear 'cause nothing really happens till he is on?????????????

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:36 PM
When does Jim White actually appear 'cause nothing really happens till he is on?????????????

Usually comes in around 8 IIRC. He did a wee prick-teasing segment on the roof earlier.

Greendub
31-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Just in from the gym, canni believe they never had SSN on, daft Norwegians

:-)

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Oh aye, and I'm having cheesy mash to augment the chicken extravaganza.

As well as launching an ambitious attempt to double my post count before midnight. F****ing barry! :greengrin

Might I trigger off at least a hundred posts (nay, threads) with the following question.

Q. Please express, in as verbose a manner as possible, your feelings about Heart of Midlothian football club?

Homemade lentil soup getting shovelled in my gub at the moment. The real joys of having a Ms LyonHibs.

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Yikes, has the SSN reporter been reading earlier on in this thread?

"There was a real "tug of love" over Danny Graham this morning between Sunderland and Middlesbrough"

That is one soggy biscuit session no-one wants to imagine.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Just in after a couple after work, Mrs has got a lamb casserole on the go. I've got a beer in hand watching SSN, she's stripping wallpaper. :)
We've got a deal, she strips, I put it up............

Which way :Ummm:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Why is there a slim Shane Warne on SSN on Transfer Deadline Day?

Alan Hutton learning Spanish? I dae that tae.....I often watch Dora the Explorer in my underpants whilst eating biscuits.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:43 PM
That last sentence, admittedly, sounded better in my head.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Why is there a slim Shane Warne on SSN on Transfer Deadline Day?

Alan Hutton learning Spanish? I dae that tae.....I often watch Dora the Explorer in my underpants whilst eating biscuits.

Why is Dora the Explorer in your underpants?

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Might I trigger off at least a hundred posts (nay, threads) with the following question.

Q. Please express, in as verbose a manner as possible, your feelings about Heart of Midlothian football club?

Homemade lentil soup getting shovelled in my gub at the moment. The real joys of having a Ms LyonHibs.

Currently making short work of my dinner however I shall respond to your question forthwith. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
That last sentence, admittedly, sounded better in my head.

lyonhibs

and what sort of biscuits add the most to the overall experience??

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Sorry rude of me to hastily reply to that startlingly honest post without explaining my absence.....I did indeed go and provide emergency service to the Desperate Housewife who called......my mother brought me up to be kind...and I just cant ignore genuine pleas

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:46 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

It's a long story http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/dragon_fang/dragon_fang0802/dragon_fang080200023/2487347-man-looking-confused-during-his-telephone-call-isolated-against-a-white-background.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:49 PM
I take it David Beckham is honoured to be at PSG, aye?

stokesmessiah
31-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I don't know why but i have not clicked in this thread all day, i was pretty disappointed with the TDD thread only for someone (very kindly) pointing me in this direction. This is what deadline day is all about.

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I take it David Beckham is honoured to be at PSG, aye?

And with the number of offers he recieved. And to have trained at arsenal. And to be able to donate his salary to 'the kids'. He has more than enough honour to dish out.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 06:54 PM
by the way...one of my many media channels on is BBC news...I note that yet again theres another Pregnant weather Girl...they must have fertility rates equal to Bunnies :rolleyes:

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:55 PM
by the way...one of my many media channels on is BBC news...I note that yet again theres another Pregnant weather Girl...they must have fertility rates equal to Bunnies :rolleyes:

Let's try to get Bollah in there to cover her maternity leave.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, that chicken dinner went down quicker than you can say Barry Prenderville.

Have Hibs actually accomplished any business at all today? Anyone released etc?

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Boo - just been made to do Taxi service to Guides....:furious:

back soonish

frazeHFC
31-01-2013, 06:58 PM

back soonish

You really have got your priorities all wrong!

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm heating things up in an attempt to lure some players to ER. I've slipped into a sexy little number - this season's home top.

No, and consequently I am taking my seductive attire up a notch by donning a Borussia Monchengladbach away top from 1987:

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/G/l/Gladbach-88-HomeLS_4_2.jpg

Phwoar.

lyonhibs
31-01-2013, 07:01 PM
You really have got your priorities all wrong!

Continuing that theme, I'm off to play badminton. Missus booked it last week and I had no say in the matter :rolleyes:

Back at about 8.30ish UK time. Going to forego the usual post game beer. That can wait until next week.

CallumLaidlaw
Well, that chicken dinner went down quicker than you can say Barry Prenderville.

Euan smith on loan loan to Arbroath. Sam Stanton loan extended.

Northern Hibby
Deadline Day Thread, superb, fingers crossed we get somebody just so I can drift off to slumber land with a wee contented smile, I get excited about any new player but more so if i have never heard of them!

Pedantic_Hibee
That is gorgeous.

Something that is not gorgeous however, is the Stoke City fans behind the SSN lackey. The boy on the left wearing the pink hoody looks like he's brushed his hair with a toffee apple. WHAT A DICK.

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Seems there's a massive inbreeding issue down stoke way...... A fine bunch

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Continuing that theme, I'm off to play badminton. Missus booked it last week and I had no say in the matter :rolleyes:

Back at about 8.30ish UK time. Going to forego the usual post game beer. That can wait until next week.

Is she f***in' nuts?!?!? :confused:

frazeHFC
31-01-2013, 07:04 PM

Dear oh dear, my full sympathies! :bitchy:

flash
31-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Steak pie, mashed tats n peas tucked away.

Going to crack open the king size Toblerone I got for Christmas.

Come on Hibs get it done.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Where is Jim White?

Why does Kirsty Gallagher's eyebrows put me off her?

Are Hearts doing any business on this day, Transfer Deadline Day, or is it just simply Thursday to them?

Where is big_mo with his Deadline Day scoops?

And where is a self-satisfying Daffy Duck gif when you need him?

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Guides and badminton in the space of 5 mins the male species is dying a death

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Gregg Wylde on his way back to Bolton. Source? Him. Channel? Twitter. Me? Meh.

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Thought this was worth pilfering from the other thread:

BREAKING: David Villa signs for Villa, Antonio Valencia signs for Valencia, Nile Ranger signs for Rangers & Danny ****tu signs for hearts :greengrin

London Hibs Supporters Club
31-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm just heading off to Quinn's now for the TDD London Hibs Meet-up, and Pierre is laying on what us regulars refer to as the Quinn's Smörgåsbord. Lots of little canapés that really do showcase his one Michelin star.

SSN will be shown in the piano bar for anyone who fancies popping along and the white wine will be flowing all night.

BTW - Quinn’s are celebrating truffle season with truffle shavings available to pair with any dish at £5 per gram from now through until the end of March 2013 :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
31-01-2013, 07:15 PM
What time does the window close in Scotland?

Sky shows it as 10.00.

stokesmessiah
31-01-2013, 07:16 PM

Sky shows it as 10.00.

11pm

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2013, 07:17 PM
7.5% pay rise is on the table with a commitment to no industrial action regarding pay for 3 years.

C'mon Rod, top that!.:thumbsup:

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 07:18 PM
7.5% pay rise is on the table with a commitment to no industrial action regarding pay for 3 years.

C'mon Rod, top that!.:thumbsup:

Don't let this big-time Charlie hold you to ransom, Rodders.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2013, 07:18 PM

Sky shows it as 10.00.

11 ocloak ahink.

down-the-slope
31-01-2013, 07:23 PM

back soonish

UPDATE

TDD being something of a survival of the fittest / those who can negotiate & stay calm under pressure - it struck me that 'Guides' required passing the Beer Shop......:greengrin I now have some of the Best Best available and am throwing the 'Its a School Night' rules out the window ........

Gatecrasher
31-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Why does Kirsty Gallagher's eyebrows put me off her?

because it makes her look like she has the crazy eyes

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I was gonna hold off till jim got let off the leash but I'm needing a drink now ....chilled cream soda, wee bit o galaxy caramel I've really pushed the boat out today...and I've no got any Michelin stars

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2013, 07:27 PM
UPDATE

TDD being something of a survival of the fittest / those who can negotiate & stay calm under pressure - it struck me that 'Guides' required passing the Beer Shop......:greengrin I now have some of the Best Best available and am throwing the 'Its a School Night' rules out the window ........

Power to the people! A fine comeback DTS :aok:

nonshinyfinish
SSN going live to Germany after the break...hopefully it's that hübsche Deutsche presenter. :agree:

One Day Soon
Evening all

hibbybrian
31-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Stephen Dobbie to Crystal Palace - hope Rod has a multi transfer compensation deal in place :aok:

back to the G & T and Phillipino pork scratchings for me :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 07:30 PM
SSN going live to Germany after the break...hopefully it's that hübsche Deutsche presenter. :agree:

Baws, I'm almost certain that's not her.

Mon Dieu4
31-01-2013, 07:34 PM
im in with the ipad, laptop and tv on and settled

someone nameless tried to throw a spanner in my meticulous plans, "will i get a take away on the way home?" erm i finish 1 hour after you, "you can heat yours up"

normally i would have said, well that kinda defeats the purpose of a take away, but i have my TTD game face on and simply said no i will sort myself out

now sitting with a glass bottle of Irn Bru, a melted ham and cheese wrap x2, some salt n Vinegar squares and a Yorkie, Ainslie Harriot would be proud of that bag of wonderment

3 hours 25 to go, i will have a creative playmaker and a tricky winger who is as fast as Rastamouse after some mature cheddar please Rod

One Day Soon
31-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Some of you may recall that this time last year I was under serious pressure from Brown Owl and some of her more menacing sidekicks to bring them up to the minute Hibs related transfer deadline chat. That's because last year deadline day was Friday - which is Brownie night.

I have to tell that you that on Friday of last week Brown Owl could barely look me in the eye. When I mentioned deadline day I got a sort of sneer without any words. I'm fairly sure that the blonde one next to her - Otter is her title - let out an audible 'Meh' in response. I left quickly in case they cut up nasty. Put that together with the BBC Radio Scotland relegation from transfer window deadline all night programming to "follow our transfer tweets" as announced on the 7pm news and I think we have a picture of meager pickings.

Hell, my tucker for the evening tells its own story. We're talking a packet of quavers, some mini eggs and a small bottle of chilled cider. Hard times and triple-dip recession it is.

Maybe we'll sign a new cook?

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Some of you may recall that this time last year I was under serious pressure from Brown Owl and some of her more menacing sidekicks to bring them up to the minute Hibs related transfer deadline chat. That's because last year deadline day was Friday - which is Brownie night.

I have to tell that you that on Friday of last week Brown Owl could barely look me in the eye. When I mentioned deadline day I got a sort of sneer without any words. I'm fairly sure that the blonde one next to her - Otter is her title - let out an audible 'Meh' in response. I left quickly in case they cut up nasty. Put that together with the BBC Radio Scotland relegation from transfer window deadline all night programming to "follow our transfer tweets" as announced on the 7pm news and I think we have a picture of meager pickings.

Hell, my tucker for the evening tells its own story. We're talking a packet of quavers, some mini eggs and a small bottle of chilled cider. Hard times and triple-dip recession it is.

Maybe we'll sign a new cook?

Jeezo, you'll never make it to 11. Can anyone in the local area get to ODS with an aid package?

One Day Soon
31-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Jeezo, you'll never make it to 11. Can anyone in the local area get to ODS with an aid package?

I think you're right. I'm going to rake in the cupboards and see what turns up.

Mrs One Day Soon is clanking around making noises about 'getting an early night' though. I know what that's all about and it doesn't involve a spectacular last minute surprise from Rod with a new big man up front - unless its TOTALLY the wrong kind for TDD.

I'll play it cagey and deploy a fake 20 minute falling asleep on the sofa to throw her off the trail, after I've searched for more scran.

hibs0666
31-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm on the train so they'll be no Daffy Ducking for me in this window.

pontius pilate
Gregg Wylde on his way back to Bolton. Source? Him. Channel? Twitter. Me? Meh.

Someone put on the BBC website Wylde signing for us soon could be the usual pi*h as they also had kenny miller possibly signing for us. It's been very quiet though. I was hoping for 2 signings like everybody else a playmaker/winger and a striker

HibeeSince85
Spent the whole day in East Kilbride in a meeting where I've had about 20 mins access to my phone. In about half an hour ago and now deadline day begins.. Chinese on the way - sweet n sour chicken/rice/chips and crackers - juice in the fridge - I'd say I've got about enough energy left to just make it til 11pm. Enough time for a few signings for the cabbage.

hibsbollah
31-01-2013, 07:51 PM
im in with the ipad, laptop and tv on and settled

someone nameless tried to throw a spanner in my meticulous plans, "will i get a take away on the way home?" erm i finish 1 hour after you, "you can heat yours up"

normally i would have said, well that kinda defeats the purpose of a take away, but i have my TTD game face on and simply said no i will sort myself out

now sitting with a glass bottle of Irn Bru, a melted ham and cheese wrap x2, some salt n Vinegar squares and a Yorkie, Ainslie Harriot would be proud of that bag of wonderment

3 hours 25 to go, i will have a creative playmaker and a tricky winger who is as fast as Rastamouse after some mature cheddar please Rod

Surely rastamouse should be Rod's transfer window guru: 'Making a bad t'ing good'.

One Day Soon
31-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Stand by for momentous deadline nosh news....

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 07:55 PM
White and Sawyer after the break. Strap yourselves in, lads.

Speedway
31-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Right, now we enter a serious period (it's that time of the month) and I'm taking no prisoners....it's time for the Barratt's Licorice Wheels!!

Jim White and Natalie Ooyah are on next.

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Two bottles of coke and a box of mini cheddars have been procured. Bring on Jim.

Macaroon
31-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Yellow!

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Jim White and Natalie Ooyah are on next.

Colour coordinated too.