PDA

View Full Version : Ivan

Billychaotic182
31-01-2013, 04:29 AM
That dreaded thread after tonight. He did it. He did what we all feared but were well aware he was capable off. Will admit I've been on the bevy tonight but after losing 20 pound on the table I look to the screen and see the Spl highlights. And saw ivan scoring the goal which broke my heart to watch. Not coz he scored but his reaction. Almost gutted he had to do it. There are many players I liked growing up a hibs fan that when they scores against us I was gutted. Your Riordans, Browns, Stokes, hell even Thompson. But watching ivan score left me feeling more gutted than I've felt this whole season. Can't help but think we have made a mistake letting ivan go. There is no Hibee here that could say a bad thing about our ivan and even after tonight we will still love him. Cult hero

BoltonHibee
31-01-2013, 05:08 AM
That dreaded thread after tonight. He did it. He did what we all feared but were well aware he was capable off. Will admit I've been on the bevy tonight but after losing 20 pound on the table I look to the screen and see the Spl highlights. And saw ivan scoring the goal which broke my heart to watch. Not coz he scored but his reaction. Almost gutted he had to do it. There are many players I liked growing up a hibs fan that when they scores against us I was gutted. Your Riordans, Browns, Stokes, hell even Thompson. But watching ivan score left me feeling more gutted than I've felt this whole season. Can't help but think we have made a mistake letting ivan go. There is no Hibee here that could say a bad thing about our ivan and even after tonight we will still love him. Cult hero

Apparently he wasn't good enough for us though.

Steve20
31-01-2013, 05:30 AM
Just because he scored a goal against us, doesn't make him suddenly good. He had been poor for us ever since coming back.

BoltonHibee
31-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Just because he scored a goal against us, doesn't make him suddenly good. He had been poor for us ever since coming back.

I would have utilised him in a different way. He has scored a few goals for them now hasn't he?

Was he worse than what was in front of him at ER?

I guess if we were a more attacking force, it would have suited him a lot more.

IWasThere2016
31-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I'll miss the wee man! 1 Ivan Sproule! :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2013, 07:19 AM

He never done it for us second time around, he's gone, good luck to him let's move on eh.

Bleeds green
31-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Time to move on wee legend mind that dance!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-01-2013, 07:41 AM

Not really poor for us, poorly utilised for us!!

Houchy
31-01-2013, 07:45 AM
What was his reaction to scoring last night? Did he celebrate it wildly or was he more subdued (I don't have a problem if he celebrated but would like to think that it was maybe the latter after his "ill bleed green and white" comment.)

easty
31-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Not really poor for us, poorly utilised for us!!

Really poor for us is about right.

Houchy
31-01-2013, 08:07 AM
I still think there has been a bit of a up by paddy, rod or both by letting him go to RC before we played them. Ok, we never expected him to have such an impact and hindsight is a wonderful thing. Surely if RC wanted him that bad, we could/should have said "you can have him on jan 31st". We could have even disguised it by saying "we can't let him go until we get someone in to replace him"

Thecat23
31-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Not being funny but why should we have kept him? He was very poor in his second spell and didn't merit a new contract. He's a great lad and yes we all know how much he loves the club. But the reaction on here because he scored a goal against us is over the top. He wasn't and isn't good enough for Hibs. He will prob do well at County who knows? but I'm glad he's off the wage bill and we can try find a player who can contribute every week than have Ivan wasting a place. Sorry if that sounds harsh but come on eh! It's only one goal he's not Messi.

hibs4thecup1988
31-01-2013, 09:01 AM
He never celebrated at all. It was right in front of the Hibs fans.

Just walked back to halfway line.

Gutted we let Ivan go. I agree he was poorly utilised. Yes he has lost a good lot of his actual pace but he is still twice as fast as our wingers...oh wait...!

I think he will do brilliant at RC. Will never forget having a conversation with him when he came back about his love for the club and the way the club supported him and his wife through the loss of his unborn child. He will never stop loving this club, and I think his attitude all round was superb at the club. That hat trick will never be forgotten.

Sadly...the only thing he done good for us this season was in the Hearts game when he got the ball and ran about 60 yards with it to take the pressure off.

Never mind. Best £5k Rod has ever spent!!

hibsbollah
31-01-2013, 09:09 AM
1. It was the right decision to let him go.
2. He'll always be fondly remembered.

Leave it at that.

spike220
31-01-2013, 09:25 AM

Leave it at that.

This :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
31-01-2013, 09:51 AM
This :agree:

And this. Let's not get too dewy eyed. Love the man. Loved him even more when people around me called him a one trick pony even after the hat trick at the the hunnery. Correct decision was to let him go with our good wishes.

cocopops1875
31-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Not being funny but why should we have kept him? He was very poor in his second spell and didn't merit a new contract. He's a great lad and yes we all know how much he loves the club. But the reaction on here because he scored a goal against us is over the top. He wasn't and isn't good enough for Hibs. He will prob do well at County who knows? but I'm glad he's off the wage bill and we can try find a player who can contribute every week than have Ivan wasting a place. Sorry if that sounds harsh but come on eh! It's only one goal he's not Messi.
Is the reaction not more to do with 3 goals in 3 games and the fact we have no midfield attacking threat ? As opposed to one goal against us ?

Fergus52
31-01-2013, 11:41 AM

Leave it at that.

I know, love how people are trying to blame Fenlon when Sproule had been prety gash in every appearance he made since coming back.

When he left I don't remember any of you tactical geniuses bemoaning how we let him go?

Every post I saw seemed pretty happy about it.

clerriehibs
31-01-2013, 01:24 PM
He infuriated me first time round, he just didn't look like a player to me, but the stats proved me wrong.

2nd time round, he was the ONLY player on our bench who could make an impact coming on. We should have kept him for that reaon if no other, I assume this was purely a case of getting the wage bill down.

allezsauzee
31-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I was disappointed to see him go, but I guess Pat let him go so that he could bring somebody else in. Good luck to him. I hope he continues to be a success at Ross County....well apart from when they play us again!

Dirkster23
31-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Apparently he wasn't good enough for us though.

Vaz Te wasn't good enough for us according to someone.

Tyler Durden
31-01-2013, 08:36 PM
He infuriated me first time round, he just didn't look like a player to me, but the stats proved me wrong.

2nd time round, he was the ONLY player on our bench who could make an impact coming on. We should have kept him for that reaon if no other, I assume this was purely a case of getting the wage bill down.

And when did he last make an impact coming on for Hibs?

This isn't aimed at you Clerrie but there's been some amount of pish spouted re Ivan in the last 24 hours. He had plenty game time in the past 18 months and produced very little. Good luck to him but he's no loss.

goosefat
31-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Give him a few more games and he'll fizzle out.

Delboy*
31-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Ivans injury has settled down so theyv got their fingers crossed that its not too serious. I really hope so for him n wish him all the best. Great guy!

ballengeich
31-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Ivan is doing well for Ross County because he's in a team that can play to his strengths. Their midfielders will put the ball past the opposition's defence for him to run on to. Ours passed the ball to him in positions where he had a group of players to beat. I thought his pace had gone - it hadn't but we weren't using it. Congratulations to Derek Adams is seeing potential which Pat Fenlon couldn't.

Andy74
31-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Ivan is doing well for Ross County because he's in a team that can play to his strengths. Their midfielders will put the ball past the opposition's defence for him to run on to. Ours passed the ball to him in positions where he had a group of players to beat. I thought his pace had gone - it hadn't but we weren't using it. Congratulations to Derek Adams is seeing potential which Pat Fenlon couldn't.

Right, lets see if the new winger beats a man in the next six months.

Malthibby
31-01-2013, 11:55 PM
He's doing a professional job & that sets him apart from the Hears hero, a Hibby but plays for the team who pays his wages.
Bummer but who would want a Skakel. Not me.
GG

muirhousehibby
01-02-2013, 12:11 AM

One trick pony comes to mind!

Systems of play are designed for reasons, To meet the demands of the game, systems don't work either because players are not good enough or can't adjust. There's more to football than lumping it for Ivan to run onto.:agree:

BoltonHibee
01-02-2013, 02:18 AM

And he wasn't.

ballengeich
01-02-2013, 02:40 AM
One trick pony comes to mind!

Systems of play are designed for reasons, To meet the demands of the game, systems don't work either because players are not good enough or can't adjust. There's more to football than lumping it for Ivan to run onto.:agree:

There is more, but on Wednesday evening Ross County scored the only goal by passing (not lumping) the ball beyond our defence for Ivan to run onto using his speed. They're getting something out of him which we didn't. What tricks did our ponies show?

frazeHFC
01-02-2013, 02:43 AM

He wasn't, he was pish for us.

basehibby
01-02-2013, 02:56 AM
He wasn't, he was pish for us.

Scored vs the Yams - was alright that day - certainly NOT pish!

frazeHFC
01-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Scored vs the Yams - was alright that day - certainly NOT pish!

1 goal.........he was pish for us. I'd take him back now he's obviously improved but for us he was useless bar that 1 goal. Was pleased when he left and had he stayed i doubt he would have done as well as he went on to do.

basehibby
01-02-2013, 03:29 AM
1 goal.........he was pish for us. I'd take him back now he's obviously improved but for us he was useless bar that 1 goal. Was pleased when he left and had he stayed i doubt he would have done as well as he went on to do.

How much time did he actually spend on the pitch though? Not a lot! got to say I thought he looked pretty good - a lot better than Clayton Donaldson for example - but even then I've been surprised at just how well he's done down the road.

It does make me feel warm though - the heat of all that embarassment of all the experts who wrote him off as PISH

Vault Boy
01-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Great guy.

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/Sport/Football/I-love-Hibs-admits-County-new-boy-who-sunk-them-31012013.htm

RIP
01-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Great guy.

http://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/Sport/Football/I-love-Hibs-admits-County-new-boy-who-sunk-them-31012013.htm

He is celebrating finding a team who work harder than us.

Wouldn't think that would have been too hard. Almost every player who has left us says something similar

hibsbollah
01-02-2013, 09:21 AM
It'd be interesting to hear what exactly it is about County's training sessions that make them tougher than Hibs (and Bristol City, by implication). They certainly looked fitter than us at ER.