PDA

View Full Version : Ratings for tonight

legends of 73
31-01-2013, 01:53 AM
Firstly a 3 1/2 bus journey certainly calms you down

Williams 2 at fault for the goal too slow at making his mind up
Clancy 5 went off injured early so just gets a pass mark
Stevenson 6 tried to get down the line but sometimes final ball was poor always willing to tackle
Mcpake 2 out of position at the goal because he thought he was Stanton and tried to burst through the county midfield and got caught out
Hanlon 5 morrow gave him a hard time but was also caught out at the goal but kept at it
Deegan 2 poor at passing and tackling always wanting to go sideways
Claros 5 if only he could find a pass tried hard
Robertson 5 I thought we bought a box to box player so why play him out wide. Tried hard
Handling 6 tried to get us going but with no one around him he struggled
Doyle 4 too lightweight not clever enough
Griffiths 2 no need to dive in the box when a pass into the middle was on

Subs
Maybury 2 poor at linking up
Caldwell 2 done nothing
Wortherspoon 2 done nothing

Another shambolic performance can't see it getting any better I'm afraid

Hermit Crab
31-01-2013, 02:02 AM

Stevenson 6 tried to get down the line but sometimes final ball was poor always willing to tackle
Mcpake 2 out of position at the goal because he thought he was Stanton and tried to burst through the county midfield and got caught out
Hanlon 5 morrow gave him a hard time but was also caught out at the goal but kept at it
Robertson 5 I thought we bought a box to box player so why play him out wide. Tried hard

Subs
Caldwell 2 done nothing

Another shambolic performance can't see it getting any better I'm afraid

That's a fair assessment of tonight's game agree 100%

lucky
31-01-2013, 03:00 AM

Subs
Caldwell 2 done nothing

Another shambolic perfoance can't see it getting any better I'm afraid

Maybe being a bit hard on Williams and too generous on Deegan and Griffiths. But that apart your spot on.

Centre Hawf
31-01-2013, 03:15 AM
Williams - 3. He couldn't hold onto a single ball it seemed and for the goal he decided to come then went back then decided again. Wasn't his best performance between the sticks.

Stevenson - 6. Looked lively and was always an option for the likes of Deegan and Claros and was up and down the park, final ball was poor but he still looked our best player.

McPake - 4. Why the Sol Campbell style run from deep? left the defence with a gap, Ivan capitalized.

Hanlon- 5. Kept trying hard and didn't really do too much wrong but looked a bit ropey for me still (if it makes sense)

Maybury 5 - Didn't really do a lot wrong for me but offers very little going forward like Stevenson or McGivern do.

Deegan 5 - Offers nout going forward even though he had our best shot at goal (sums up forward line for me) But i still think as a player who breaks up play and does the nasty work hes perfect.

Claros 4 - would be nice to see his passing stats tonight because he gave away the ball a few times. Again like some point out he likes a side ways pass and there is nothing wrong with that but sometimes it HAS to go forward.

Robertson 5 - Showed a lot of strength a times and obviously worked hard being a debut. Dont understand his wider role either need to see him in the dead centre of the park influencing play for me as thats what he was best at.

Griffiths 3 - Developing a Derek Riordan mentality of hiding behind men and hoping it falls perfectly for him instead of WINNING it. Offers little if he doesn't score. The shocking attempt at a dive at the end was just poor. Maybe he should be dropped?

Doyle 4 - Nothing came off for him tonight sadly.

Handling 5 - Worked hard, played really quite centrally and in the thick of things and didn't shy away from a lot if anything.