PDA

View Full Version : Massive Game on Sunday

hibsbollah
30-01-2013, 10:11 PM
With 4th place looking increasingly tenuous now, and a bit of a slump developing, a continuing Cup run is massive, both financially and for our morale.

Im getting my ticket tomorrow...More.in hope than expectation :flag:

kj79
30-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Be interested in the replies to this as on sunday I posted similar fears about importance of cup game and effect on rest of season and was abused by many as some yam at wind-up :confused::confused:

Seems you need to have over 100 posts to be considered viable poster on here #keyboardwarriors

Ticket already bought (despite the jibes) and hope we can get as close to full house as possible for such an important game.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2013, 10:55 PM
End of Season party if we get beat on Sunday, 6pts away from 11th place on league, 3pts from second top with other teams have had on hands. Our form and lack of goal scoring chances will see us slip nearer 11th than 2nd. Ooh the joys of HFC

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2013, 10:59 PM
End of Season party if we get beat on Sunday, 6pts away from 11th place on league, 3pts from second top, teams have a few game in hands on us. Our form and lack of goal scoring chances will see us slip nearer 11th than 2nd.
Ooh the rollercoaster of emotions the supporters of HFC enjoy each season. It's like groundhogg day every season.

hibsbollah
30-01-2013, 11:05 PM
You just look at a game sometimes and see it defining the whole season. Sunday is one of those IMO.

R'Albin
30-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Last season we were in a similar position going into a game vs them when they 1-0, scored a pen which never should have been, take a wild guess who was ref?!

But anyway, from that point on they went on a wee unbeaten run and had a decent(ish) end to the season, Scottish Cup Run aside we collapsed after that match. This is a very similar situation IMO, both sides in a slump and desperately needing a win to turn their season back round again.

Massive, massive game and will have a big effect on where we finish IMO.

truehibernian
30-01-2013, 11:08 PM
With 4th place looking increasingly tenuous now, and a bit of a slump developing, a continuing Cup run is massive, both financially and for our morale.

Im getting my ticket tomorrow...More.in hope than expectation :flag:

The only saving grace is Aberdeen are on a similar run of poor form mate.

My huge huge worry - Pat doesn't see what we need urgently. His sides all season have played narrow, and he's starting to play players, even youngsters, out of position.

Hibs need wingers - full stop. Have done for last 5 years.

Fife-Hibee
30-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Be interested in the replies to this as on sunday I posted similar fears about importance of cup game and effect on rest of season and was abused by many as some yam at wind-up :confused::confused:

Seems you need to have over 100 posts to be considered viable poster on here #keyboardwarriors

Ticket already bought (despite the jibes) and hope we can get as close to full house as possible for such an important game.

Dont worry, at this rate the happy clappers will soon be a thing of the past !!

Sir David Gray
30-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Yep Sunday is huge.

If we lose and go out the cup, considering our recent slump in the league, we are in danger of sliding down the league.

If we win, it could be the boost that we need to go on and enjoy another good run of form.

Let's hope it's the latter. I just hope that we see a good crowd on Sunday and we can get through to the quarter finals. :aok:

hibsbollah
30-01-2013, 11:18 PM
The only saving grace is Aberdeen are on a similar run of poor form mate.

My huge huge worry - Pat doesn't see what we need urgently. His sides all season have played narrow, and he's starting to play players, even youngsters, out of position.

Hibs need wingers - full stop. Have done for last 5 years.

I dont like a five man midfield normally, but id be happy for Pat to do it this weekend. On current form, we need stability and not to lose the midfield battle. I wasnt there today but id keep Doyle on the bench, hes not been on form. Spoony wide right, Cairney wide left and let them run at will.

Scottie
30-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Biggest game of the season make NO mistake.

The great start we made to the season will be for nothing and we'll be dragged into a messy scrap for survival like last year.

We need a massive commitment from the players and staff as recently its been unacceptable imo.

Unfortunatly the disease thats plagued the club for years is still there despite Pat's efforts to eradicate it.

I KNOW it will take time but as a HIBBY of 35 years i am starting to wonder if i'll (we) will ever get the team on the park that i think we deserve and crave.

kj79
30-01-2013, 11:37 PM
I dont like a five man midfield normally, but id be happy for Pat to do it this weekend. On current form, we need stability and not to lose the midfield battle. I wasnt there today but id keep Doyle on the bench, hes not been on form. Spoony wide right, Cairney wide left and let them run at will.

As much as I want to agree I have absolutely no faith that we could win a replay up at Aberdeen and think we should really go for it at home.

Perhaps 5 man midfield for the best but I always prefer 2 up front if at all possible.

Fingers crossed regardless! :flag::flag:

Sir David Gray
30-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Biggest game of the season make NO mistake.

The great start we made to the season will be for nothing and we'll be dragged into a messy scrap for survival like last year.

We need a massive commitment from the players and staff as recently its been unacceptable imo.

Unfortunatly the disease thats plagued the club for years is still there despite Pat's efforts to eradicate it.

I KNOW it will take time but as a HIBBY of 35 years i am starting to wonder if i'll (we) will ever get the team on the park that i think we deserve and crave.

Not quite.

We're miles ahead of Dundee and I'm fairly certain that there's no way they're going to pick up more than 20 points more than we do in their last 14 games of the season.

There's every chance we could be sucked into 10th or 11th if we're not careful but I really don't think we need to worry about relegation.

Scottie
31-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Not quite.

We're miles ahead of Dundee and I'm fairly certain that there's no way they're going to pick up more than 20 points more than we do in their last 14 games of the season.

There's every chance we could be sucked into 10th or 11th if we're not careful but I really don't think we need to worry about relegation.

Cheers FalkirkHibee moment of madness and panic that the bunching up league table is playing havoc wi my brain.:agree:

NOLA
31-01-2013, 12:12 AM

pish!
you need at least a 1000 posts mate :wink:

NOLA
31-01-2013, 12:19 AM

if we play 5 in the middle sparky will be isolated and we encourage aberdeen onto us as the last game, if we play 1 up on sunday then i despair G.

Pete
31-01-2013, 01:32 AM
If we keep McGinn quiet and isolated then they wont score. If they keep Griffiths quiet and isolated then we could go for hours without scoring.

I reckon we'll both start 4-4-2 but the second strikers will get sucked into a midfield fight.

This will probably be bloody ugly but I don't care as long as we win. Hopefully there will be improvements by the time the next round comes along.

Cameron1875
31-01-2013, 04:48 AM
Win and we can look forward to rest of the season. Lose and season is over. Simple.

Diclonius
31-01-2013, 05:20 AM
I think this quote from Hughes when we had just begun our freefall near the end of the 2009-10 season is appropriate for tomorrow's game.

"I can't keep changing diapers all the time, the onus is on them. You're looking for strong characters to stand up and say, 'let's get this show on the road'. The great thing about football is that we've got the opportunity to do it on Tuesday in the quarter-final of the Scottish Cup. If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will."

We lost and Yogi did indeed prove that the team could be motivated by absolutely nothing. I really hope this isn't the case on Sunday.

Frazerbob
31-01-2013, 08:38 AM
6 point off 11th and 3 points off 2nd, all be it we have played 2 games more than some. Yes, we are going through a slump but if we can snap out of it, it's all to play for. I think we would all have settled for this possition at the start of the season. Celtic and Dundee apart, the league is mentally tight and with no threat of relegation for anyone thanks to Dundee being cut adrift, it's time for us all to relax and enjoy our football. Right? :wink:

Must admit, Hearts being 5 behind with 2 games in hand is a concern though!

Duffys13
31-01-2013, 08:52 AM
You just look at a game sometimes and see it defining the whole season. Sunday is one of those IMO.

Yes, Sunday is so important. A win keeps us going, defeat will mean not a lot to play for after that. I can't wait for Sunday, just a shame it's on the tv (again)