PDA

View Full Version : Bet365

gringojoe
30-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Bet365 were going 11/5 Ross County with 20 minutes to go, obviously a mistake. Still waiting to see if they pay out. :flag:

Hiber-nation
30-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Bet365 were going 11/5 Ross County with 20 minutes to go, obviously a mistake. Still waiting to see if they pay out. :flag:

Their odds on the game were going mental, I couldn't get on, kept going blank whenever I tried to place the bet.

Brightside
30-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Their odds on the game were going mental, I couldn't get on, kept going blank whenever I tried to place the bet.

I got on at 9/4 2/1 and 15/8. We were favs at one point around 75mins??? then 2 mins later 14/1. Id imagine someone will be getting their jotters.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2013, 11:48 PM
You won't get paid. For some strange reason bookies are allowed to make f'ups and punters aint!

gringojoe
31-01-2013, 05:25 AM
You won't get paid. For some strange reason bookies are allowed to make f'ups and punters aint!

I did get paid out but at 1/5 and 1/7 instead of 11/5 and 9/4. Just rubbing salt into the wounds now.

wearethehibs
31-01-2013, 07:05 AM
I did get paid out but at 1/5 and 1/7 instead of 11/5 and 9/4. Just rubbing salt into the wounds now.

Did you take a screen shot? I dont see how they can pay out at a different price than advertised? If that was in a shop and a pack of crisps had the wrong price infront of it, they would have to sell it to you at the advertised price.

Newry Hibs
31-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Did you take a screen shot? I dont see how they can pay out at a different price than advertised? If that was in a shop and a pack of crisps had the wrong price infront of it, they would have to sell it to you at the advertised price.

No they don't. It is purely a suggested proce. If you pay and walk out, then there's nothing they can do.

I think they can get in troubkle for repeatedly doing this, but mistakes are allowed to be rectified.

Every now and again there are reports of TVs being offered online for £5 instead of £500 - cleary a mistake and the shop can refuse your order if you buy any (or 10).

Not great publicity I agree and I would think a bookie would honour a bet, if it probably wouldn't lose too much.

_hucks_
31-01-2013, 09:10 AM
A bet is legally binding contract, so you probably could get paid out if you made enough of a fuss. Mistakes do happen though, and I think the bookies try to legislate for that in their fair play rules.

Newry Hibs
31-01-2013, 10:08 AM
A bet is legally binding contract, so you probably could get paid out if you made enough of a fuss. Mistakes do happen though, and I think the bookies try to legislate for that in their fair play rules.

Taken from another forum somewhere on the web - so it must be true ......

Under the Gambling Act 2005 a bet is now an enforceable contract and Section 334 repealed the old provisions preventing enforcement.

However, Section 335 of the Act, relating to the enforceability of gambling contracts, states ''...gambling contracts may be void on the same basis as any other contract (for example, on the basis of lack of intention, mistake or illegality)''.

Therefore if the odds quoted were a mistake, they don't have to pay I guess. Of course thay may decode to do so to avoid bad publicity etc etc.

Sergey
31-01-2013, 10:14 AM
A bookmaker can cancel (void) your bet, claiming it was a palpable error (commonly known as a "palp"). This can occur when a bookmaker has made "an obvious mistake", such as reversed the odds of a match or some other kind of accidental error made while quoting the odds.

That's what's clearly happened here.

FWIW - the firm bwin are notorious for it. Avoid them when they are top price on a market.

Brightside
31-01-2013, 11:38 AM
A bookmaker can cancel (void) your bet, claiming it was a palpable error (commonly known as a "palp"). This can occur when a bookmaker has made "an obvious mistake", such as reversed the odds of a match or some other kind of accidental error made while quoting the odds.

That's what's clearly happened here.

FWIW - the firm bwin are notorious for it. Avoid them when they are top price on a market.

All 3 of my bets (for decent dough) were returned at 1/3 instead of the odds the bet was accepted at. Ive told them to close my account. I put a decent turnover through them and this kind of ***** cant be a one way street. If the traders arent paying attention this is their fault not mine. If i make a mistake putting odds up on betfair Im not allowed to void the bet. There has to be something good about Hibs playing so poorly!

Houchy
31-01-2013, 11:42 AM

You can bet your arse that if your bet never came in, they wouldn't refund your stake though. They've got you by the short and curlies all ways. It happened to me once in an NFL game where Indy Colts were 20 odd points up in the 3rd quarter and the bookie was still offering 7/4. I put £100 on them then checked my account in the morning to find i'd been paid £20!!! When I questioned them, they just said it was an error in the odds:rolleyes:

Sergey
31-01-2013, 11:50 AM
All 3 of my bets (for decent dough) were returned at 1/3 instead of the odds the bet was accepted at. Ive told them to close my account. I put a decent turnover through them and this kind of ***** cant be a one way street. If the traders arent paying attention this is their fault not mine. If i make a mistake putting odds up on betfair Im not allowed to void the bet. There has to be something good about Hibs playing so poorly!

I just checked Bet365's rules. Pretty standard as this is the norm:

6.2 Incorrect Price - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, where an Obvious Error is identified any open bets will stand and be settled at the bet365 revised price.

Where there is sufficient time before the start of an event, bet365 will endeavour to contact the customer and may in our absolute discretion allow the option of cancelling the bet.

Just thank your lucky stars that you didn't hedge part of your supposed winnings on betfair!

Killiehibbie
31-01-2013, 12:43 PM
The whole lot of them hide behind palpable error when they make a mistake. I would say they should take the hit when they mess up or take it out of culprits wages, it might not happen as often. This happens too often with in running betting where they have too few odds compilers trying to manage too many markets.

Some others go too far the other way and stop taking bets before game has actually kicked off if kick off time has passed.