PDA

View Full Version : Weather forecast for next few months - Stormy dark clouds gathering

pacorosssco
30-01-2013, 08:45 PM
hope for improvement but damp setting in. AGAIN

Saorsa
30-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Still quite sunny where I am thanks :agree:

The Harp
30-01-2013, 08:53 PM
hope for improvement but damp setting in. AGAIN

The deep depression that has centred over the area lately could be lifted by Sunday (there again, maybe not).:rolleyes:

ronaldo7
30-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Time for all good Hibernian Men and Women to stand up, and support the team:flag:

The Harp Awakes
30-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Tomorrow is a very important day for us. We desperately need to sign a wide player with pace. It could make or break our season starting on Sunday:I'm waiti

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Time for all good Hibernian Men and Women to stand up, and support the team:flag:

It's like Groundhog Day from this time last year.

ronaldo7
30-01-2013, 09:14 PM

I put cash on at the bookies you'd be along, but the time was out by a few minutes.

Heisenberg
30-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Seriously? Have we dropped from 4th to 11th without me noticing?

Nakedmanoncrack
30-01-2013, 09:19 PM

Not yet, but a mete 6 pts above 11th place St Mirren who on current form must be confident of making that up.

Bishop Hibee
30-01-2013, 09:20 PM

:faf: :blah:

Back to the OP's point, the cup game on Sunday is a huge one for our season. The Dons have a hit a seriously bad patch of form too so here's hoping that we can pull a winning performance out the bag. With any luck we'll have an attacking wide player as an addition to the squad before the window shuts.

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I put cash on at the bookies you'd be along, but the time was out by a few minutes.

That's nice.

All is rosy though eh?

Maybe if we say it enough it might become believable. Unforutnately I care more about the falling crowds that are going to appear than popularity on a football forum.

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 09:25 PM

No, but there was the same rallying call this time last year. We backed the and supported the side. Now it's the same again.

We have fallen that ***** since Mowbray and all our players leaving we even get "is it really that bad". Aye it is. The team is ****ing *****.

ronaldo7
30-01-2013, 09:26 PM
That's nice.

All is rosy though eh?

Maybe if we say it enough it might become believable. Unforutnately I care more about the falling crowds that are going to appear than popularity on a football forum.

:spammy:

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 09:26 PM
:faf: :blah:

Back to the OP's point, the cup game on Sunday is a huge one for our season. The Dons have a hit a seriously bad patch of form too so here's hoping that we can pull a winning performance out the bag. With any luck we'll have an attacking wide player as an addition to the squad before the window shuts.

What happens if Aberdeen beat us again at ER? Season over? Bottom 6? No emotional blackmailing the fans into getting season tickets except the guys on here blaming the support for the ***** on the pitch and not the proper problem that's been staring the club in the face for the past 5 years?

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2013, 10:15 PM
No, but there was the same rallying call this time last year. We backed the and supported the side. Now it's the same again.

We have fallen that ***** since Mowbray and all our players leaving we even get "is it really that bad". Aye it is. The team is ****ing *****.

So whats the answer, moan like a pussy like you do every post, or roll our sleeves up and get behind the team?

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 10:20 PM
So whats the answer, moan like a pussy like you do every post, or roll our sleeves up and get behind the team?

Roll our sleeves up and demand answers and change from the board that have taken us that far back it's not so bad to get gubbed off Ross County every time we play them.

The team on the pitch just now is honking. Just not as much as last season. It's still nowhere good enough though.

Oh aye it's better to "moan like a bitch" because I'm more and more concerned with the way the club is going that to "moan like a bitch" about hearts every other thread on here.

Who gives a **** about Jambo tossers like Preston or fat gimp Robbo (no offence gary) when were struggling so poorly? It's like the final last year has taken the fight out many and no folk just accept pish because its less pish than last year. That won't get supporters back and neither will finishing a wee bit better than last year.

Robertson on a long term deal is a good signing. We need more though. Short term thinking is what's gotten us into the shambles the club has become.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Roll our sleeves up and demand answers and change from the board that have taken us that far back it's not so bad to get gubbed off Ross County every time we play them.

The team on the pitch just now is honking. Just not as much as last season. It's still nowhere good enough though.

:faf: Roll your sleeves up and demand change from the board, change what?

RIP
30-01-2013, 10:52 PM
John Stein's article written after the 5-1 cup final debacle is still ringing in my ears. We can post on messageboards from now until doomsday but nothing will improve the basics like application, never say die attitude and a high performance culture without a real desire for change amongst the support.

JohnScott
30-01-2013, 11:02 PM

Thats a bit rich coming from you Blackpool!

JohnScott
30-01-2013, 11:11 PM

Oh aye it's better to "moan like a bitch" because I'm more and more concerned with the way the club is going that to "moan like a bitch" about hearts every other thread on here.

Who gives a **** about Jambo tossers like Preston or fat gimp Robbo (no offence gary) when were struggling so poorly? It's like the final last year has taken the fight out many and no folk just accept pish because its less pish than last year. That won't get supporters back and neither will finishing a wee bit better than last year.

Robertson on a long term deal is a good signing. We need more though. Short term thinking is what's gotten us into the shambles the club has become.

Wonder if guys like Blackpool will still be smiling next year when half the west stand is given over to Hearts and Celtic fans to make up for the lost revenue from the large percentage of the Hibs support who clearly have had enough of watching this dross. Hilarious eh Blackpool.

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 11:12 PM

Change the people in charge ****ing the club up?

No decent managerial appointment in years.

No youth players on to the science since park left.

Falling crowds.

Relegation battles.

The final.

We should all just be happy and back the team though?

Check the players all the other sides are bringing through, even if it is to sell on.

You can do your rolling over laughing pish but the state of the football club is no laughing matter.

Out 3 best players are loan players.

There looks to he no plan going forward.

We are playing *****.

The most important thing for me is the majority of folk I know can't be ****ed with it any more, too many years of supporting the side, selling the jewels, told on the likes of here it will be all good in the future and leave us in good stead and yet it's still year after year of pish. Fenlons not got a scooby either, this is evident by firstly giving Kubjabi a Long term contract, then making Mcpake our captain and now our three best players are loanees.

Are we building for the future?

Is the way forward youth?

Do we have any plan of the way ahead?

At least under Williamson there was signs if we where patient and backed the young lads it would come good. Now there's **** all whilst every over side barring a couple are all bringing through decent players.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble either but there's no danger we will finish top 6 this year, it's covering up the cracks saying so and until they are addressed it will be same old.

Captain Trips
30-01-2013, 11:12 PM

All I can say is we acheived very little since the chance to rebuild from 2007, we have had some poor choices of manager, a traing center build that cost us money at time and will continue to in running costs that appears to give us no advantage at all. There is 1 constant in all this and frankly the good work done off the field has IMO been overshadowed by some decisions on football matters.

Anyone who put themselves in a position of removing CC and then having to give him anything over 1p in compo after being offered even 20p for his services 3 months earlier needs removed.

Russell The Dug
30-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Wonder if guys like Blackpool will still be smiling next year when half the west stand is given over to Hearts and Celtic fans to make up for the lost revenue from the large percentage of the Hibs support who clearly have had enough of watching this dross. Hilarious eh Blackpool.

You get it. It's not about being popular on here or getting a thumbs up its about caring about the way the club is going and ring deeply frustrated more and more are waking away. Yet it's still a laugh when someone who cares like **** says something that's not the given on here.

Mac
30-01-2013, 11:20 PM

**** sake, your doctor changed your medication!!

ronaldo7
31-01-2013, 08:01 PM

**** sake, your doctor changed your medication!!

:agree:He gave it to Russell:aok:

Bishop Hibee
31-01-2013, 08:17 PM
What happens if Aberdeen beat us again at ER? Season over? Bottom 6? No emotional blackmailing the fans into getting season tickets except the guys on here blaming the support for the ***** on the pitch and not the proper problem that's been staring the club in the face for the past 5 years?

IF we lose to Aberdeen then Fenlon must try to get more out of our squad as he did for most of the first part of the season and play for a top 6 place. If you think he is the problem who do you suggest we get as a replacement? I agree that Petrie should bow out and let a new broom take over but please feel free to name the millionaires queueing up to buy Farmer out?

Given the numbers that bought ST's after the worst season in our history, I don't believe the fans are "blackmailed" as you put it.

Russell The Dug
31-01-2013, 09:19 PM
IF we lose to Aberdeen then Fenlon must try to get more out of our squad as he did for most of the first part of the season and play for a top 6 place. If you think he is the problem who do you suggest we get as a replacement? I agree that Petrie should bow out and let a new broom take over but please feel free to name the millionaires queueing up to buy Farmer out?

Given the numbers that bought ST's after the worst season in our history, I don't believe the fans are "blackmailed" as you put it.

Butcher.

Ask yourself why they purchased.

Like being fourth for weeks has papered over the cracks just wait until next years season tickets are bought and see how much they are down.

Are we good enough for top six just now? No danger. Has there been a plan to improve this during January? Doesn't seem like it.

Is there a plan when the loan boys leave in the summer? Lets pray. At least there's not Kubjabi or Shefki this window though.

Petrie should have been punted after the monumental **** up that was Calderwood. We still haven't recovered.

How long does Fenlon get? He's already taken us into the worst result there's ever been. Bottom 6 and he can **** off before a few thousand more fans do.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Butcher.

Like being fourth for weeks has papered over the cracks just wait until next years season tickets are bought and see how much they are down.

Are we good enough for top six just now? No danger. Has there been a plan to improve this during January? Doesn't seem like it.

Is there a plan when the loan boys leave in the summer? Lets pray. At least there's not Kubjabi or Shefki this window though.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i get the impression you are not too happy with Hibs at the moment?

Saorsa
31-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i get the impression you are not too happy with Hibs at the moment?:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Butcher.

Petrie should have been punted after the monumental **** up that was Calderwood. We still haven't recovered.

How long does Fenlon get? He's already taken us into the worst result there's ever been. Bottom 6 and he can **** off before a few thousand more fans do.

Course we are otherwise we wouldn't be top six just now.

jabis
31-01-2013, 09:24 PM
You get it. It's not about being popular on here or getting a thumbs up its about caring about the way the club is going and ring deeply frustrated more and more are waking away. Yet it's still a laugh when someone who cares like **** says something that's not the given on here.

Butcher.

this is the type of "fans" that lose us 10 points a season :rolleyes:

Russell The Dug
31-01-2013, 10:58 PM

Aye, and the ones that have said everything is ok for the last 5 years are amazing right enough.

Captain Trips
31-01-2013, 11:07 PM

***** players cost us points and good play against us its as simple as that.

Lucius Apuleius
01-02-2013, 05:47 AM
Aye, and the ones that have said everything is ok for the last 5 years are amazing right enough.

Feel free to show where people are saying everything has been OK for the last five years.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 08:08 AM

You talk the biggest load of crap anyone has ever spouted on here, for once just once back up what you have said and bring up some of the posts where folk are saying everything is ok over the last 5 years.

Nobody and i mean nobody thinks things are all hunky dory, but the more intelligent know things are getting better, obviously slower than what we'd all like, but they are trying.

So come on mutley, give us the proof, show us where folk are happy and saying things have been ok?

Kato
01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
You talk the biggest load of crap anyone has ever spouted on here.....

I think that's a tad unfair, Hibercelona is surely giving him a run for his money in the crap talking stakes.

It's especially interesting when posters not only talk crap but refuse point blank to ever consider they might be doing so and refuse to listen to any other point being put to them.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2013, 08:46 AM

Why make up stories that are not going to happen? 1 Crowds are stable, 2 the club wont give over the west stand to any club. 3 The 3 clubs you mention are struggling these days to sell the allocation they get now.

If the club continue to make progress as its done so far this season, then yes i will still be smiling. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 09:55 AM

If Aberdeen beat us in the cup we will be out of the Scottish much like your own team. We will then concentrate on the league and do our best to get the best position. Cups are one off games which in many cases are decided with a bit of luck. The league game v Aberdeen we were the better team but lost an unfortunate goal and lost. Sunday is a very big game and financially is huge as it could mean another trip to Hampden if we get through however if we lose, we lose disappointing as that may be and we move on, not moan,, scream or phone the Samaritans. We see the bigger picture and continue to improve slowly and steadily.

Cropley10
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Butcher.

Petrie should have been punted?

By whom, exactly?

Oh, and you seem really, really obsessed with crowds and crowd sizes.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Russell the dug likes Butcher...shock! :greengrin

As things stand we are 4th in the league, 3points off 2nd, still in the big cup and have a stronger midfield with width as we've asked for.

I know our current form is poor, but it's not a bad platform to kick on from here.

Trying to predict what season books will look like for next season just now is folly. What if we finish 2nd? What if we finish top 4? Even top 6? That would be progress from last season if any one of those scenario's were to happen. That's not unrealistic is it?

I sometimes wonder what the expectations are from some fans and then I realise that it is not in my power to change them. They are you're opinions, you are welcome to them. Just don't go off on one when someone else has a different view...try and stay Hibs classy at least!

JimBHibees
01-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Petrie should have been punted?

By whom, exactly?

Oh, and you seem really, really obsessed with crowds and crowd sizes.

Hmmm :Ummm:

Saorsa
01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
:singing:

The http://www.mrcjakarta.com/images/smilies/mrcjkt-smilies/sunshine_smiley.gif has got his hat on
Hib-hib-hib-hooray!
The http://www.mrcjakarta.com/images/smilies/mrcjkt-smilies/sunshine_smiley.gif has got his hat on,
He's coming out today.

Now we'll all be happy, :hilarious
Hib-hib-hib-hooray!
The http://www.mrcjakarta.com/images/smilies/mrcjkt-smilies/sunshine_smiley.gif has got his hat on,
And he's coming out today.

:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2013, 10:25 AM
We hit the ground running at the start of the season and our grit and determination got us some good results.

But then the grit and determination became good luck as we won or drew games we had played badly in ... The away game to St Johnston and the cup match and last league game against the Yams being evidence of that.

Now the luck appears to have deserted us and the grit and determination appear to have, if not gone, at least become less effective.

But that aside.... our main problem is that we have a midfield who, though definately more competative than the last few we have had, are totally incapable of creating anything going forward. Our idea of width appears to be Spooney on the right who blows pretty hot and cold ... recently mostly cold ... and Cairney on the left, who I like a lot but just doesnt have the pace to be a winger.

As for our front line ..... well that appears to consist of Leigh Griffiths. I do think Doyle has the potential to get better, but he doesnt look like he is ever going to be a 20 goals a season striker.

I suppose I could ( and usually do ... ha ha ) prattle on for ages but I will boil it down to just two points:

1 ) ..... Our season is on a knife edge ..... If we can beat the sheep on Sunday and improve going forward from midfield onwards in the coming weeks then this could still turn into a decent season. If we cant do these things then we are ****ed.

2 ) .... When was the last time a Hibs player scored a goal by heading in a cross supplied by a winger crossing it in after making a run down the wing?

Kato
01-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Russell the dug likes Butcher...shock! :greengrin

Butcher's taken 4 years to get ICT where they are.

I wonder if those who "like" would be as patient if he were with Hibs?

Mikey
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM
If Aberdeen beat us in the cup we will be out of the Scottish much like your own team. We will then concentrate on the league and do our best to get the best position. Cups are one off games which in many cases are decided with a bit of luck. The league game v Aberdeen we were the better team but lost an unfortunate goal and lost. Sunday is a very big game and financially is huge as it could mean another trip to Hampden if we get through however if we lose, we lose disappointing as that may be and we move on, not moan,, scream or phone the Samaritans. We see the bigger picture and continue to improve slowly and steadily.

It seems there are a few who will be turning their back on the club for the rest of the season if we lose on Sunday. And they wonder why yesterday's transfer activity was so quiet.

There's still plenty to play for.