PDA

View Full Version : Were we really that bad?

Fergus52
30-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Wasn't at the game and the only access to it was open all mikes and the updates thread.

Football is a results business and 3 defeats against Ross County is shocking.

However can anyone who was at the game answer the above question?

66% possession would imply that we weren't completely dominated by them.

Coco Bryce
30-01-2013, 09:45 PM
One half hearted shot at goal in 90mins says it all really.

We are gash!

darwenhibby
30-01-2013, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=fergy;3489433]Wasn't at the game and the only access to it was open all mikes and the updates thread.

66% possession would imply that we weren't completely dominated by them.[/Q

66% of possesion where? doen't seem like it was anywhere in the final third.

do not know what the underlying problem is a ER

The Harp
30-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Wasn't at the game and the only access to it was open all mikes and the updates thread.

Is it just me or does wee Robbo take delight in emphasising how bad Hibs are? To make it worse we have to put up with that clown Preston celebrating a goal more like a fan than a presenter. Poor show all round.

Fergus52
30-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or does wee Robbo take delight in emphasising how bad Hibs are? To make it worse we have to put up with that clown Preston celebrating a goal more like a fan than a presenter. Poor show all round.

open all mikes is completely dreadful

Borderhibbie76
30-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Our form at present is every bit as dreadful

darwenhibby
30-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Youve got to remember they are effin merricks and one is a jakey to be added to for the measure.

Shows what yams class is.

Hate everything about that shambles of a club and what belongs to it.

SouthamptonHibs
30-01-2013, 09:51 PM
We r gash most games but we have the odd surprise result in US. But generally we r gash. Performances, lack of goals,lack of goal scoring chances suggests we r not a good football team just now

erin go bragh
30-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Hibs tv mate ,its £3.99 a month ,but worth it ,as listening to they muppets on bbc is a big no no .
Saying that, its frustrating as hell listening to hibs on anything as we never sound like were going to score . [like ever ]

ggtth

darwenhibby
30-01-2013, 09:54 PM
We r gash most games but we have the odd surprise result in US. But generally we r gash. Performances, lack of goals,lack of goal scoring chances suggests we r not a good football team just now

youve summarised it almost spot on.

All you ask for is 100% and urgency, does not seem either is their at the moment

givescotlandfreedom
30-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Just left the ground. We were that bad. No creativity, ideas or strike force. Cheap goal to concede too.

SteveHFC
30-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Yes we were awful

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Just left the ground. We were that bad. No creativity, ideas or strike force. Cheap goal to concede too.

Sounds like Hibs!

What is wrong with our club?
Why are we so awful. So predictable, soft and other teams favourite opponents.
We set & accept low standards IMO.

Unless Pat signs a creative player or winger tomorrow, he might find the Fenlon out, Butcher in posts, becoming a lot more serious.

Bobby's Cinema
30-01-2013, 10:22 PM
It feels although there is no team in this league, that is capable of completely not turning up, as Hibs do and as regularly. That has been the way for a long time now. But don't mistake me for a doom & gloomer. No quite yet :wink:. We need a win on Sunday

Fergus52
30-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Sounds like Hibs!

What is wrong with our club?
Why are we so awful. So predictable, soft and other teams favourite opponents.
We set & accept low standards IMO.

Unless Pat signs a creative player or winger tomorrow, he might find the Fenlon out, Butcher in posts, becoming a lot more serious.

Other teams only being Aberdeen, Inverness and Ross County.

No other clubs in the league have gained more points against us than we have against them.

Speedway
30-01-2013, 10:28 PM
I reckon Pat has told the boys to be mince for weeks now to get Rod to spend in this window.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2013, 10:32 PM

No other clubs in the league have gained more points against us than we have against them.

We were very fortunate in both games against St Johnstone and of course at Tynie. Utd pumped us at tannadice and we go there again soon.
We are predictable, lethargic/slow football team that really must be easy to set-up against.
0 points from 3 matches against RC. Deary me.

Gmack7
30-01-2013, 10:32 PM

looks like we have a geography issue.i hope peterhead never come up

Speedway
30-01-2013, 10:42 PM
We were very fortunate in both games against St Johnstone and of course at Tynie. Utd pumped us at tannadice and we go there again soon.
We are predictable, lethargic/slow football team that really must be easy to set-up against.
0 points from 3 matches against RC. Deary me.

Almost one third of Ross County's points total this season has come from us.

lucky
30-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Seen us play a lot worse

Gerard
30-01-2013, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=erin go bragh;3489487]Hibs tv mate ,its £3.99 a month ,but worth it ,as listening to they muppets on bbc is a big no no .
Saying that, its frustrating as hell listening to hibs on anything as we never sound like were going to score . [like ever ]

ggtth[/QUOTE
Good value for money

El Gubbz
30-01-2013, 10:48 PM
It feels although there is no team in this league, that is capable of completely not turning up, as Hibs do and as regularly. That has been the way for a long time now. But don't mistake me for a doom & gloomer. No quite yet :wink:. We need a win on Sunday
You're one of the biggest doom and gloomers I know!

Speedway
30-01-2013, 10:52 PM

When Adams challenges his team to 'beat the bottlers' it tells you all you need to know about how we're perceived. Adams of course, having seen it from the inside.

Bobby's Cinema
30-01-2013, 10:52 PM
You're one of the biggest doom and gloomers I know!
A realist, always :agree:

Treadstone
30-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I am playing Fenlon Bingo on his interview going for :

tough game, commitment, defended well, made a couple of chances , a bit unlucky.

If you have any of the following you have no chance :

terrible, no cohesion, never looked like scoring , wits end or if Sparky gets injured we're f*****.

Houchy
30-01-2013, 10:59 PM

And 4 points apiece against the basement boys, Dundee which is p. poor!!!

Sir David Gray
30-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Totally predictable scoreline and it's worrying that our goals seem to have dried up and we're only scoring occasionally now from Leigh Griffiths and no-one else.

You could also have put your mortgage on Ivan Sproule being the goalscorer tonight. I'm just surprised that Mark Brown didn't score from a goal kick from within his own box as well.

Big game for us now on Sunday and we really need to win this to get some positivity about the club again.

IWasThere2016
30-01-2013, 11:04 PM
When Adams challenges his team to 'beat the bottlers' it tells you all you need to know about how we're perceived. Adams of course, having seen it from the inside.

Sadly, very true.

scottyc1875
30-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Not looking brilliant when you consider if the teams below us with games in hand win their games we would drop to 7th and the **** would be above us by a point! Massive game now on Sunday! Cannot continue on this poor run or we will very quickly find ourselves falling out the top 6!

hibs4thecup1988
30-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Watch out. No negative threads allowed because we have progress.

I have said all along this season that this team will toil once we are found out. Sparky was found out a few months back(Before the Dundee game at Dens!!) and has hardly scored since.

We toil against the lower teams, but get motivated for the games against Celtic. Easy to understand. But why is Fenlon not telling them that every game should be treated like a Celtic game?

Not looking forward to Sunday. We need to sign half a team tomorrow!

Hermit Crab
31-01-2013, 02:14 AM
looks like we have a geography issue.i hope peterhead never come up

A geography issue!! We struggle north of the forth bridge!!

NOLA
31-01-2013, 10:26 AM
That's the annoying thing, managers see that about us and we still can't prove them wrong. Joke

sesoim
31-01-2013, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=fergy;3489433]Wasn't at the game and the only access to it was open all mikes and the updates thread.

66% possession would imply that we weren't completely dominated by them.[/Q

66% of possesion where? doen't seem like it was anywhere in the final third.

do not know what the underlying problem is a ER

I wasn't at the game, but if we had 95% posession it wouldn't make a difference. If the opposition knocks in a goal or two with their 5%, I'm sure they are quite happy to sit back and relax while our players pass it back and forward aimlessly before eventually giving it away.

sesoim
31-01-2013, 07:03 PM

:agree: That's became more and more apparent over the years. The thing is, if we signed the best six players from Inverness and the best five from Ross County, would we beat them? I doubt it, because they would probably go and sign another bunch of bargains basement players who still end up raising their game and beating us.

givescotlandfreedom
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM

:agree: and west of London Road