PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Nunez

Leitherhibs
29-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Hibs are in for the honduran international winger, heard from
a business associate of his agent.

Vault Boy
29-01-2013, 11:07 PM
He and Pedro Santos on the wings would make for the best sounding forward line in our history, sign him up. :wink:

California-Hibs
29-01-2013, 11:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram%C3%B3n_N%C3%BA%C3%B1ez

Seem's like he has a decent history, attacking midfielder/winger/striker! If Claros stays aswel then it would do them both the world of good. Would be like the Benji/Zemmama day's again :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
29-01-2013, 11:24 PM
A Jorge Claros recommendation :-D

London Hibs FC
29-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Looks like he suffered a cruciate ligament injury early September so, even if we do sign him, he's likely to still be a wee bit away from first team football..... sadly.

hibsbollah
29-01-2013, 11:27 PM

Seem's like he has a decent history, attacking midfielder/winger/striker! If Claros stays aswel then it would do them both the world of good. Would be like the Benji/Zemmama day's again :thumbsup:

Zemmama scored a 25 yard free kick for Boro the other day. He's put on a bit of a weight by the looks of the photo.

DC_Hibs
30-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Would never fit in to our midfield:

"played mostly as an attacking midfielder, providing several assists. He was renowned for his extraordinary vision"

Scooter
30-01-2013, 01:09 AM
It could be worth the risk offering the guy a contract in spite of his injury. He was on a 5 years deal at Leeds and when released Doncaster wanted him so he must have some quality. It's something we might not have had the chance to do if he was fit

Scooter
30-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Couple of videos

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzPztTz6c4&feature=fvwrel

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B34wOT6v3AQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB34wOT6v3AQ

Callum_62
30-01-2013, 03:56 AM
Couple of videos

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzPztTz6c4&feature=fvwrel

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B34wOT6v3AQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DB34wOT6v3AQ

Based on that alone, give him a 10 year deal. :greengrin

spike220
30-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Hibs are in for the honduran international winger, heard from
a business associate of his agent.

Ramon Nunez - He sounds quick, sign him up!

brydekirk
30-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Also known as( the little prince ) .

bingo70
30-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Is this a proper rumour or is it lifted from the football rumours website?

Squealing pig
30-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Is this a proper rumour or is it lifted from the football rumours website?

Don't know tweeted him see what he says.

Scooter
30-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Don't know tweeted him see what he says.

Have u read some of his tweets he's quite funny

Squealing pig
30-01-2013, 08:28 AM
If I could speak Spanish would see the funny side of it as 95% of it is.

Scooter
30-01-2013, 08:38 AM
If I could speak Spanish would see the funny side of it as 95% of it is.

There's alot in English

@RamonNunez20: I wish I could walk through KFC without some ******* handing me their tray. #NotAnEmployee

Jack Hackett
30-01-2013, 08:48 AM
There's alot in English

@RamonNunez20: I wish I could walk through KFC without some ******* handing me their tray. #NotAnEmployee

:faf:

Hibs class

neil7908
30-01-2013, 09:15 AM
There's alot in English

Injury be damned, get him signed up on the basis of that alone!

Golden Bear
30-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Looks like he suffered a cruciate ligament injury early September so, even if we do sign him, he's likely to still be a wee bit away from first team football..... sadly.

:rolleyes:

Here we go again.

Benny Brazil
30-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Núñez suffered a cruciate ligament injury on 3 September during Leeds United development squad's victory against Wigan. The injury would rule him out for the season and hinder his chances of a move away from the club.[40]

Núñez had his contract mutually terminated on 29 January 2013.

Interesting...a gamble given his injury...but interesting anyway

Golden Bear
30-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Núñez suffered a cruciate ligament injury on 3 September during Leeds United development squad's victory against Wigan. The injury would rule him out for the season and hinder his chances of a move away from the club.[40]

We've no money to gamble.

Let's go for fit and tried and trusted players please.

JohnStephens91
30-01-2013, 09:32 AM

Did we not sign Fabian Yantorno in similar circumstances? I seem to remember him having an injury and Gretna released him and he was a good player for us. Personally I wouldn't see the problem if we did sign him and get him fit for next season.

Golden Bear
30-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Did we not sign Fabian Yantorno in similar circumstances? I seem to remember him having an injury and Gretna released him and he was a good player for us. Personally I wouldn't see the problem if we did sign him and get him fit for next season.

Honestly?

He never quite got there imo and we didn't retain him for long is my recollection.

It's proven ability we need right now and not what might me.

Speedway
30-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Nunez on one wing, Santos on the other, now we just need a great name for central midfield.

How about we try and find a footballer called Jose Del Fuente?

Benny Brazil
30-01-2013, 09:44 AM
We've no money to gamble.

Let's go for fit and tried and trusted players please.

We could be looking at him for next season - give him time to recover from the injury and see how he does - am sure Pat is thinking ahead to the summer and next season not just focussing on the next 48hrs of this window - IF we are interested at all that is.

Since90+2
30-01-2013, 09:56 AM

You think so? He played about 5 games and I dont remember him doing anything at all.

JohnStephens91
30-01-2013, 10:00 AM
You think so? He played about 5 games and I dont remember him doing anything at all.

Maybe I went a bit overboard :greengrin but I did think he was a decent player when he played for us.

brydekirk
30-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Nunez on one wing, Santos on the other, now we just need a great name for central midfield.

Maybe we already have !

Golden Bear
30-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Maybe I went a bit overboard :greengrin but I did think he was a decent player when he played for us.

The only real memory of Fabian Yantorno that I have is when Kevin Thomson got absolute dog's abuse for a perfectly legitimate tackle on him! It wasn't a foul, the Ref didn't see it a foul but the abuse he got on here was unreal.

Judas Iscariot
30-01-2013, 10:39 AM
The only real memory of Fabian Yantorno that I have is when Kevin Thomson got absolute dog's abuse for a perfectly legitimate tackle on him! It wasn't a foul, the Ref didn't see it a foul but the abuse he got on here was unreal.

It was a KT special, a ***** bag tackle that didnt need to be made, onto a guy who'd suffered the same injury as him..

Typical cowardly pish from Katie

Golden Bear
30-01-2013, 10:47 AM
It was a KT special, a ***** bag tackle that didnt need to be made, onto a guy who'd suffered the same injury as him..

Typical cowardly pish from Katie

We'll not go there again but it was a hard tackle, maybe harder than necessary, but it was not an illegitimate tackle.

Are you suggesting that our players should be conducting a pre-match in depth review of the opposing team's players, looking at their medical histories and from that deciding on how hard they can tackle them?!

:wink:

bob12345
30-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I thought he was brilliant in the Goal movies.

WestEndHibee
30-01-2013, 11:16 AM

:top marks

--------
30-01-2013, 11:18 AM
He and Pedro Santos on the wings would make for the best sounding forward line in our history, sign him up. :wink:

I nominate this as a candidate for the Stupidest Post Of 2013.

Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull and Ormond.

Edwards, O'Rourke, Gordon, Cropley and Duncan.

Or even - Scott, Hamilton, Martin, Cormack and Stevenson.

Or even - Marinello, Quinn, Stein, Cormack and Stevenson.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

hfc rd
30-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Was that not Santiago Munez? The first two films were good but the third one, was one to avoid.

PatHead
30-01-2013, 11:24 AM

Surely Claros has a fairly exotic name and don't forget Davido Spoonesci could move into an attacking midfield role.

Speedway
30-01-2013, 11:25 AM

You forgot, Morrow, McManus, Konte.

--------
30-01-2013, 11:39 AM
You forgot, Morrow, McManus, Konte.

Yes, Speedway.

I HAD forgotten those three.

And now you've reminded me of them.

And I'm going to have to lie down in a darkened room and cry until I've manged to forget them again. :boo hoo:

ChilliEater
30-01-2013, 12:32 PM
My local team - Perth Glory - have just promoted a youth team midfielder to the first team squad called Blamo Quaqua. No idea if he's any good, but with a name like that, who cares? :greengrin

Vault Boy
30-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Or even - Marinello, Quinn, Stein, Cormack and Stevenson.

I would like to nominate this post, as I was talking about his name. Everyone played on Pedro Santos' name, and I simply making a similar statement with Nunez. Sounding - as in the actual sounds of the player's names. Not ability. :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
30-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Scott, Hamilton, Martin, Cormack and Stevenson.

Did that formation definitely occur? The memory fades, but I'd have said Cormack, Hamilton, Scott, Martin and Stevenson. Principally because I remember Neil M wearing 10 and Peter C being on the right so much. Did I mention, though, that the memory fades?

--------
30-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Did that formation definitely occur? The memory fades, but I'd have said Cormack, Hamilton, Scott, Martin and Stevenson. Principally because I remember Neil M wearing 10 and Peter C being on the right so much. Did I mention, though, that the memory fades?

My memory fades as well. I do remember Jimmy Scott on the right at times, and Peter in the inside-left slot. I also remember them lining up the way you describe. But they tended to switch about a lot once they were on the pitch, IIRC. Suffice to say that if we had those five forwards today (plus Jim O'Rourke who was coming to the fore at that time as well) we wouldn't be complaining about a lack of goals.

Blimey, if we had Willie H today we'd be top of the League - as long as he was sober .... :not worth

CapitalHibs
30-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Didn't Cormack bury the first goal against Real Madrid from the right wing position?

--------
30-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I would like to nominate this post, as I was talking about his name. Everyone played on Pedro Santos' name, and I simply making a similar statement with Nunez. Sounding - as in the actual sounds of the player's names. Not ability. :rolleyes:

Well, you weren't all that clear in the original post, and I still say that any of the lines I nominated SOUND much, MUCH better than whatever five names you were thinking of.

So there. :wink:

Vault Boy
30-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Well, you weren't all that clear in the original post, and I still say that any of the lines I nominated SOUND much, MUCH better than whatever five names you were thinking of.

So there. :wink:

Ah come on, Pedro Santos sounds a lot better than Peter Marinello. My original post was clear as mud. :greengrin

Speedway
30-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Ah come on, Pedro Santos sounds a lot better than Peter Marinello. My original post was clear as mud. :greengrin

'Gie the ba' tae Santos', just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Vault Boy
30-01-2013, 04:11 PM
'Gie the ba' tae Santos', just doesn't have the same ring to it.

'Dar el balón a Santos' isn't too bad, if Google translate is anything to go by. :wink:
I'll concede that one, we need to sign a Reilly. Thomas Reilly at St Mirren is pretty decent, isn't he?

RIP
30-01-2013, 05:23 PM

Mibbies - Mibbies no

Michael Essien and Luis Garcia were both back in 4 months. Depends on the seriousness of the tear. It's not impossible the guy is running and passing already

WindyMiller
30-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Didn't Cormack bury the first goal against Real Madrid from the right wing position?

:agree:

Diclonius
30-01-2013, 05:49 PM

I remember him playing in literally one game, against Inverness I think. We'll never know if he'd be a good player for us or not because Mixu gave him (along with Steve Pinau and a bunch of others he signed) absolutely zero chance of any game time, preferring to stick with the same players throughout the entire season despite it being completely ineffectual.

I remember being glad in January that we had sold Dean Shiels because that meant he couldn't be played out of position any more. In every single bloody game.

London Hibs FC
30-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Mibbies - Mibbies no

Michael Essien and Luis Garcia were both back in 4 months. Depends on the seriousness of the tear. It's not impossible the guy is running and passing already

Absolutely Gogs, I had a similar injury two years ago and was back running after 14 weeks..... albeit slowly at my age!!

Getting match fit, however, is a different ball game though.... as you well know.

This Kid seems to have a fairly good pedigree though and, from the youtube clips, can definitely offer us something that we currently don't have.

Hope to see him in full flight wearing a Hibs jersey some day soon.

Future17
30-01-2013, 06:09 PM
'Dar el balón a Santos' isn't too bad, if Google translate is anything to go by. :wink:
I'll concede that one, we need to sign a Reilly. Thomas Reilly at St Mirren is pretty decent, isn't he?

Nicky Riley at Dundee. Good player and a Hibs fan.

:flag:

frazeHFC
30-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Nicky Riley at Dundee. Good player and a Hibs fan.

:flag:

"Riley was offered another contract for the 2012/2013 season which he signed, he rejected several other SPL and English clubs to stay with Dundee."

Don't know much about him at all myself but sounds as though he's a decent player. :agree: Wonder if we were looking at him?

Aldo
30-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Would rather we signed the boy Carmichael from qots than Riley