PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson's goals

KiddA
29-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Don't know if this has been posted but a decent wee watch looks handy on the edge of the box :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1O_YUJVvk

Tollhouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Don't know if this has been posted but a decent wee watch looks handy on the edge of the box :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1O_YUJVvk

at least he makes an effort to get into the box and will fit in nicely along with deegan. afraid taiwo and claros time on the pitch may be very limited for the rest of the season

CRAZYHIBBY
29-01-2013, 08:49 AM
He looks like an excellent goalscoring midfielder............but we need a winger to get the ball to him

neil7908
30-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Looks like exactly the kind of player we need. Highlight reels are always a bad way to judge a player but ultimately were signing a proven SPL player with a good track record in the league. His signing along with Craig really makes me believe we are going the right way under Fenlon, even if some of the football is not fantastic at moment he is clearly identifying the correct kind of players to improve the team.

Its always a little hit and miss if new signing will suceed but compare the likes of Robertson and Craig to the guys we were bringing in a couple of years ago and its clear to me that the manager knows what he is doing.

Still desperately need a winger but if we can someone in before the end of the window this will have been a very productive January. Also, hope Claros can stay as I personally think he is about the best midfielder at the club and certainly the most consistent.

neil7908
30-01-2013, 09:20 AM
He looks like an excellent goalscoring midfielder............but we need a winger to get the ball to him

Watching the goals on link the by the OP I think your spot on - a fair few came from some excellent work out wide by Mackay-Steven giving him great service.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I think he'll be a good signing but I'm not too sure he'll prove to be a goalscoring midfielder to be honest.

In his career so far he's scored 22 goals in 247 appearances, which, based on that kind of ratio, would mean he'll score about 4 goals a season for us.

For next season, it'll be Liam Craig who will be expected to score the majority of our goals from midfield.

It's not a negative post though as I do think he'll add something to our midfield.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I think he'll be a good signing but I'm not too sure he'll prove to be a goalscoring midfielder to be honest.

In his career so far he's scored 22 goals in 247 appearances, which, based on that kind of ratio, would mean he'll score about 4 goals a season for us.

For next season, it'll be Liam Craig who will be expected to score the majority of our goals from midfield.

It's not a negative post though as I do think he'll add something to our midfield.

He did score 7 last season tho.
Craig and Robertson will certainly give us something more tho as only really Cairney is a goal threat