PDA

View Full Version : Non season ticket holders who buy tickets for the cup game

hibeedonald
27-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Non season ticket holders who buy tickets for the cup game should be told by Hibs that if we reach the cup final they will get priority to buy tickets (after ST holders). Not that likely we will get to the cup final but we have proven we can beat anyone on our day. At worst would it not just generate a few extra ticket sales. The same could be done with stubs for future rounds, then the fans with the most would get priority after season ticket holders. More and more people would get tickets for each game closer. Also means that walk up fans who can't afford to go every week but have followed the club through all cup rounds will be rewarded before "cup final" fans.

ALF TUPPER
27-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Non season ticket holders who buy tickets for the cup game should be told by Hibs that if we reach the cup final they will get priority to buy tickets (after ST holders). Not that likely we will get to the cup final but we have proven we can beat anyone on our day. At worst would it not just generate a few extra ticket sales. The same could be done with stubs for future rounds, then the fans with the most would get priority after season ticket holders. More and more people would get tickets for each game closer. Also means that walk up fans who can't afford to go every week but have followed the club through all cup rounds will be rewarded before "cup final" fans.

Agree - seems fair :agree:

hfc rd
27-01-2013, 10:49 PM

Seems good.

hibs4thecup1988
27-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Seems good....

But seems as good as Celtic advising people who bought tickets today would be guaranteed a ballot place for the final vs Hearts before a ball is even kicked!

It would be like printing a managers team talk.

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 10:57 PM

Seems like a clever idea in theory but how would you do this if we get an away game as last season at Cowdenbeath you didn't get a ticket.

It's a good idea but it needs a lot of work that is unlikely to even be used in the end as the chances of getting to the final are fairly small

LancashireHibby
27-01-2013, 11:07 PM
This was exactly why the club membership scheme existed last year. Shame the club have decided to discontinue it.

Carheenlea
27-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Do many supporters really miss out on Cup Final Tickets? I don`t know anyone from my town who goes to watch Hibs, whether that is every week or occasionally, to not get their hands on tickets for such occasions.
There is always hysteria surrounding Cup Final ticket sales, when the reality is that pretty much everyone who wants to go manages to get a ticket without too much of a fuss.

.Sean.
27-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Seems like a clever idea in theory but how would you do this if we get an away game as last season at Cowdenbeath you didn't get a ticket.

It's a good idea but it needs a lot of work that is unlikely to even be used in the end as the chances of getting to the final are fairly small
I've got a ticket stub for the Cowdenbeath game.

It's a good idea and one that can be implemented easily as the club has a record of who buys what.

Hibee Ryan
28-01-2013, 12:05 AM
I've got a ticket stub for the Cowdenbeath game.

It's a good idea and one that can be implemented easily as the club has a record of who buys what.

I don't but I paid at the gate. If you are really desperate for a final ticket there are other ways of going about it. I like the idea of rewarding fans who go to a lot of games and if something can be put in place then I'm all for it even though it wouldn't affect me

marinello59
28-01-2013, 06:19 AM
The recently sold half season tickets came with guaranteed priority yet apparently very few were bought. If the club want to reward loyalty then surely attendance at league games has to be considered as well? We had people whining about not getting tickets for last Years final despite the fact they had 'made the effort' to go to the semi final.

Bristolhibby
28-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Should have kept the Club Membership going.

J

HH81
28-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Should have kept the Club Membership going.

J

Correct, i would have increased tne price and i reckon they would have sold a fair few this time. I think £50.00 would have been about right.

hibeedonald
28-01-2013, 04:42 PM
The recently sold half season tickets came with guaranteed priority yet apparently very few were bought. If the club want to reward loyalty then surely attendance at league games has to be considered as well? We had people whining about not getting tickets for last Years final despite the fact they had 'made the effort' to go to the semi final.

If they made the effort to go the semi then surely they should get one for the final as there was less than 25000 hibs fans there.

marinello59
28-01-2013, 04:48 PM
If they made the effort to go the semi then surely they should get one for the final as there was less than 25000 hibs fans there.

I don't find going to support your team in a national cup final an effort. My point is some were claiming attendance at one game entitled them to a ticket. No scheme will please everybody and the only scheme that is correct is the one that suits yourself. :greengrin

cwilliamson85
28-01-2013, 04:56 PM
I like the idea of having a loyalty scheme (Tartan Army system). If you get a season ticket then you get X number of points and guaranteed a ticket for games like cup finals etc.

For walk up supporters you can buy a membership for £25/£50 (its up to the club to say how much) and if you go to home games you get X number points per game and get more points for away games.

When tickets for big games become available for purchase they get released in tariffs like the Tartan Army system.

SouthamptonHibs
28-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Non season ticket holders who buy tickets for the cup game should be told by Hibs that if we reach the cup final they will get priority to buy tickets (after ST holders). Not that likely we will get to the cup final but we have proven we can beat anyone on our day. At worst would it not just generate a few extra ticket sales. The same could be done with stubs for future rounds, then the fans with the most would get priority after season
ticket holders. More and more people would get tickets for each game closer. Also means that walk up fans who can't afford to go every week but have followed the club through all cup rounds will be rewarded before "cup final" fans.

Not a bad idea but I`d say it's 1. Season ticket holders 2. Hibernian scheme members 3. Club members 4. PATG fans and cup stubs from previous rounds. For a final we get around 25,000 tickets by doing the above that will cover cover all fans that go on a regular basis Hail Hail

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2013, 07:27 PM
In the unlikely event that we make the final

ST holders should be guaranteed 2 each
Overseas fans should be guaranteed 1 each providing they have purchased in the last twelve months.
Semi final attendees that aren't ST holders should be guaranteed 1 each
Public sale for the rest at 1 each to commence on a Sunday morning to give the workers a chance of queuing :greengrin

hibeedonald
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Hibs should definitely tell those that go to Killie to keep there stubs, we need a big support.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Overseas fans should be guaranteed 1 each providing they have purchased in the last twelve months.
Public sale for the rest at 1 each to commence on a Sunday morning to give the workers a chance of queuing :greengrin

Or better still, have subscribed to Hibs TV for that 12 months.

clerriehibs
05-02-2013, 11:02 PM

Bollocks to overseas fans getting any prefrrential treatment over at home fans. Choosing to live overseas takes many factors into account - including jeopardising seeing your team. "Oh I want to live in the sun but I still want a guaranteed ticket for any hibs final" ... jog on.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Bollocks to overseas fans getting any prefrrential treatment over at home fans. Choosing to live overseas takes many factors into account - including jeopardising seeing your team. "Oh I want to live in the sun but I still want a guaranteed ticket for any hibs final" ... jog on.

Deary me

clerriehibs
05-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Deary me

You'll have to elucidate ...

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 11:12 PM

Many overseas fans put money into the club by various means. Many local fans never darken the door at ER until a cup final comes along. I know which group is more deserving

clerriehibs
05-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Many overseas fans put money into the club by various means. Many local fans never darken the door at ER until a cup final comes along. I know which group is more deserving

You've qualified that though. Far more overseas fans do nothing for Hibs than the 'many' that do.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 11:18 PM
You've qualified that though. Far more overseas fans do nothing for Hibs than the 'many' that do.

If you read my response to the original suggestion re overseas fans you'll see I suggest those taking out a Hibs TV membership for 12 months should attract some sort of priority for tickets. Clearly I'm talking only of those who put money in and not those that don't

marinello59
05-02-2013, 11:20 PM

Why should he? If he is happy with hairy legs leave him be.

:doh:

clerriehibs
05-02-2013, 11:21 PM
If you read my response to the original suggestion re overseas fans you'll see I suggest those taking out a Hibs TV membership for 12 months should attract some sort of priority for tickets. Clearly I'm talking only of those who put money in and not those that don't

I'd completely agree to that. But my objection to the post I was replying to still stands.

*edit - actually, not completely. Anyone's preferential treatment must be solely on how they contribute to the club, and location is irrelevant.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 11:23 PM
I'd completely agree to that. But my objection to the post I was replying to still stands.

You'll have to elucidate ....:wink:

Jonnyboy
05-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Why should he? If he is happy with hairy legs leave him be.

:doh:

How'd you know I've got hairy legs? :greengrin

Twiglet
05-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Says here they get a priority ticket for a final if we're there and they sign up to live matches 1/2 season ticket.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?254791-overseas-fans-Hibs-TV-Xtra-Half-season-ticket&highlight=

hibeesjoe
06-02-2013, 01:28 AM
The club know who has bought what tickets so a loyalty system cant be too hard to organise, even the tramps in gorgie manage to have one. After season ticket holders have had there allocation then it should be supporters that have been to a few matches over the season that get first choice.

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 03:23 AM

Wtf?
"Choosing to live overseas takes many factors"
Aye it does, I live in Australia and yes it is nice and sunny thanks, I sit up until stupid oclock watching the Hibs games, buy stuff from the clubstore on a regular basis have a Hibs Tv membership. Add this into a massive flight home (money +time) then i do think we have more right to have a ticket instead of the 'cup final fans'
Right im angry, off to the pool to calm down

Pete
06-02-2013, 03:54 AM
I can't believe we're arguing about how the cup final tickets should be distributed!

I know theres a caveat chucked in but FFS! We've some tough games to play first and it's totally jinxing it!

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Wtf?
"Choosing to live overseas takes many factors"
Aye it does, I live in Australia and yes it is nice and sunny thanks, I sit up until stupid oclock watching the Hibs games, buy stuff from the clubstore on a regular basis have a Hibs Tv membership. Add this into a massive flight home (money +time) then i do think we have more right to have a ticket instead of the 'cup final fans'
Right im angry, off to the pool to calm down

You have no more right to a cup final ticket than the person who lives next door to ER and spends no more or less on HIBS than you do. Giving £800 to qantas so you can be a "cup final" fan does nothing for Hibs.

Beefster
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
If you really want a cup final ticket, just have a family member who has a ST. That's how my missus, mum, granny, great auntie Ethel and second cousin Enid got to attend the 2012 final as their debut game.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 12:11 PM

:faf: I love this forum. :greengrin

Keith_M
06-02-2013, 12:15 PM

You sir, are a Gentleman :thumbsup:

Anyway, that's me booked my flights over for the weekend of Semi-Final. The worst that can happen is I'm visiting Edinburgh for a few days, without a game to watch, which I often do anyway.

Speedy
06-02-2013, 12:17 PM
If you really want a cup final ticket, just have a family member who has a ST. That's how my missus, mum, granny, great auntie Ethel and second cousin Enid got to attend the 2012 final as their debut game.

Good to hear we're still attracting new fans to games :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 12:20 PM

I'll accept that as an either/or amendment to my proposal.....................................all those in favour say aye.

Keith_M
06-02-2013, 12:20 PM

I object to that based purely on the fact that I haven't seen any sunshine here for about three weeks.

This discussion came up some time last year (probably April) and some guy suggested I don't deserve a ticket for the Final because I live abroad. Apparently, if I really loved Hibs I would never have married a gorgeous German Burd and move to a decent job in another country.

Dunno about you but it made me laugh :greengrin

Hermit Crab
06-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Season ticket holders get 2 each then a free for all in my opinion. That's the way it used to be. anyway lets not worry about it until we get to the final. (if we get to the final)

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I forgot to mention that early bird season tickets holders should get further preferential treatment by being allocated 4 tickets instead of the standard two for ST holders.:greengrin

Keith_M
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
I forgot to mention that early bird season tickets holders should get further preferential treatment by being allocated 4 tickets instead of the standard two for ST holders.:greengrin

You're enjoying the attention, admit it :wink:

Billy Whizz
06-02-2013, 12:43 PM
If we win the 1/4 final, then the season tickets for next year will start to go on sale before the end of March. Simplest way is to buy one!

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 12:50 PM
You have no more right to a cup final ticket than the person who lives next door to ER and spends no more or less on HIBS than you do. Giving £800 to qantas so you can be a "cup final" fan does nothing for Hibs.

Dunno if you are just casting a rod but you have my attention...
1) I didnt say that it gave me any special treatment
2) You seem to be obsessed by the value of all this, its purely principal for me. I do as much as I can to support Hibs from the other side of the world, why should I or anyone else be at a disadvantage in regards to tickets? (unless a season ticket holder etc)
3) Not everyone moves abroad through choice: i.e Family, Partner etc
4) You seem rarer aggrivated, I worry...
5) Quantas would charge much more the £800 for a return ticket at that time of year.
6) This is all irrelevant as I didnt give Qantas any money as I didnt go to the last final.
As I said its principal, IMO all clubs have two types:
"Supporters" who support the team and add money to the club.
"Fans" who just go to Finals...
Thats the difference I was referring too, not the fact the id have to spend thousands getting from A to B and all additional costs.
7) it has been 33 degrees here today
;D

Hibercelona
06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
The only people who miss out on cup final tickets are those who wait until the very last minute to bother to try and get one.

Otherwise, they have plenty of time leading up to the final to get their hands on one.

The priority thing mentioned by the OP is good in theory, but not at all necessary.

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Dunno if you are just casting a rod but you have my attention...
1) I didnt say that it gave me any special treatment
2) You seem to be obsessed by the value of all this, its purely principal for me. I do as much as I can to support Hibs from the other side of the world, why should I or anyone else be at a disadvantage in regards to tickets? (unless a season ticket holder etc)
3) Not everyone moves abroad through choice: i.e Family, Partner etc
4) You seem rarer aggrivated, I worry...
5) Quantas would charge much more the £800 for a return ticket at that time of year.
6) This is all irrelevant as I didnt give Qantas any money as I didnt go to the last final.
As I said its principal, IMO all clubs have two types:
Supporters who support the team and add money to the club.
Fans

Most of your points are pointless, but I'll take you up on your last one.
I 100% agree with it. And the supporter who puts money into the club is the supporter who should get preferential treatment. If the club can arrange a decent loyalty system, then all the better. And "overseas address" means 0 additional points to the loyalty ststem.

MB62
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
What cup final is everybody talking about?
The last I saw, we had a quarter final game against Killie at Rugby park to play, or have they pulled outalong with another couple of clubs and we are straight in to the final?

A few people on here counting chickens I would suggest.

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 01:19 PM
What cup final is everybody talking about?
The last I saw, we had a quarter final game against Killie at Rugby park to play, or have they pulled outalong with another couple of clubs and we are straight in to the final?

A few people on here counting chickens I would suggest.

The OP has a big IF in his 1st sentence. Seems a valid topic to me. Or if it"s true that talking about means we cannot get there, we could wait to see IF we make the final and then have carnage again when it comes to ticket allocation.

pacorosssco
06-02-2013, 01:25 PM
when the reality is that pretty much everyone who wants to go manages to get a ticket without too much of a fuss.[/QUOTE]

not true . I had huge problems getting a ticket and travelled from holland for quarters semi and final. I also know people who although not seasons are strong supporters of hibs over the years and they luckily didnt get a cup final ticket . hibs should have a loyalty scheme.

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Most of your points are pointless, but I'll take you up on your last one.
I 100% agree with it. And the supporter who puts money into the club is the supporter who should get preferential treatment. If the club can arrange a decent loyalty system, then all the better. And "overseas address" means 0 additional points to the loyalty ststem.
I dont think my "points are pointless"
I thought they had context, number 4 especialy! :D
I agree with the loyalty system but surely that would be difficult to achieve with said abroad fans?

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
when the reality is that pretty much everyone who wants to go manages to get a ticket without too much of a fuss.

not true . I had huge problems getting a ticket and travelled from holland for quarters semi and final. I also know people who although not seasons are strong supporters of hibs over the years and they luckily didnt get a cup final ticket . hibs should have a loyalty scheme.[/QUOTE]

'Luckily' post-event?

HibernianJK
06-02-2013, 01:36 PM
if you really want to be in with a chance of a cup final ticket... buy a season ticket...even if you can only make a few games. it's expensive I know but it it's worth a glorious day at hampden (touchwood) it would be worth it

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 02:20 PM
if you really want to be in with a chance of a cup final ticket... buy a season ticket...even if you can only make a few games. it's expensive I know but it it's worth a glorious day at hampden (touchwood) it would be worth it
Aye alright moneybags...

Hermit Crab
06-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Aye alright moneybags...

Use the payment plan. Easy way to pay for a season ticket.

Danderhall Hibs
06-02-2013, 02:37 PM

:hilarious

Time For Heroes
06-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Use the payment plan. Easy way to pay for a season ticket.

Surely for people living abroad its a bit excessive dont you reckon?

HibernianJK
06-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Surely for people living abroad its a bit excessive dont you reckon?

ok it would be different for overseas fans. maybe the club should set up some sort of overseas deal. if said person is going to attended any games during the season

pacorosssco
06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
not true . I had huge problems getting a ticket and travelled from holland for quarters semi and final. I also know people who although not seasons are strong supporters of hibs over the years and they luckily didnt get a cup final ticket . hibs should have a loyalty scheme.

'Luckily' post-event?[/QUOTE]

yes although they didnt feel lucky before it

pacorosssco
06-02-2013, 02:51 PM

I would normally agree but as I get older its hard to justify to the other half and when money becomes tighter you cant just gift Hibs money(something I have done in the past)

As for this year. Ill hopefully be over for Kille game and then a semi . Ill leave final talk this year until at least after killie game. Long way to go yet

Beefster
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
when the reality is that pretty much everyone who wants to go manages to get a ticket without too much of a fuss.

It wouldn't apply this year if we got to the final but last year, everyone without a ST could have had a £20 membership. 'Strong supporters' need not have struggled to get a ticket.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 03:18 PM
No need to worry at all. IF we get to the final, supply will not exceed demand, our fan base is dwindling anyway, you only have to look at attendances this season to realise that. People just can't be ersed anymore, plenty have told me so directly so I can reassure everyone there will be no scramble for tickets!

pacorosssco
06-02-2013, 05:43 PM
It wouldn't apply this year if we got to the final but last year, everyone without a ST could have had a £20 membership. 'Strong supporters' need not have struggled to get a ticket.

Could you define strong supporter please you obvouisly are one?. I didnt have a £20 membership as I dont pay that much attention to official site but put quite a considerable sum Hibs way over last season and years. A club membership last year though an investment of £20 would have defined strong support.

Beefster
06-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Could you define strong supporter please you obvouisly are one?. I didnt have a £20 membership as I dont pay that much attention to official site but put quite a considerable sum Hibs way over last season and years. A club membership last year though an investment of £20 would have defined strong support.

You were the one who used the term 'strong supporter'. I was merely mentioning that any 'strong supporter' (or any other kind of supporter) who struggled to get 2012 cup final tickets only really had themselves to blame.

By the way, the memberships were discussed on here quite a bit too.

Hainan Hibs
06-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Not this again, if we get to a final anyone who wants a ticket will get one.

Gatecrasher
06-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I hate all this Hampden talk before we get there but if your really that bothered, Donate £10 per month to Hibernians and get priority on tickets

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/FeaturedContent/0,,10290~2853104,00.html

lucky
06-02-2013, 06:17 PM
There is already two ways to get priority on tickets, buy a ST or join Hibernians. Don't see the need for further schemes. We are lucky to get 10k for a home game.

HH81
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I have paid into the hibernians for maybe a couple of years, good to know im helping out and I can get tickets for finals.

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 06:51 PM
I dont think my "points are pointless"
I thought they had context, number 4 especialy! :D
I agree with the loyalty system but surely that would be difficult to achieve with said abroad fans?

Swings and roundabouts results when choosing to live abroad.

If you're abroad, buy a season ticket, give it to hibs.net, retaining the priority rights So what if you make it to no games- you'll still be supporting the club.

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 06:54 PM
ok it would be different for overseas fans. maybe the club should set up some sort of overseas deal. if said person is going to attended any games during the season

No it wouldn't and yes they should. A loyalty system, including shop, for ALL fans, irrespective of location.

3pm
06-02-2013, 06:54 PM
We won't be in the final. This thread has ensured so.

Dalianwanda
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM

That wouldnt work for ROI based fans though

Hermit Crab
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM

this :agree:

pacorosssco
06-02-2013, 07:34 PM
You were the one who used the term 'strong supporter'. I was merely mentioning that any 'strong supporter' (or any other kind of supporter) who struggled to get 2012 cup final tickets only really had themselves to blame.

why, please explain

By the way, the memberships were discussed on here quite a bit too.

they were i dont pay much attention here any more either. last year I put more than £500 hibs way through tickets and the shop. I shouldnt have bothered and just donated £20 t. No I should have however I wish a loyalty system would have taken into consideration people who attend games but dont have a season tickets when it comes to bigger games.

I will also make it clear I am also discussing that it was far from easy to get tickets last year and that good supporters did miss out . They did not have themselves to blame. No further mention about what will happen this year

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I think we all agree that overseas supporters deserve some kind of priority.

pacorosssco
06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
No it wouldn't and yes they should. A loyalty system, including shop, for ALL fans, irrespective of location.

I agree I dont expect as an oversea fan to get preference but I am still a walk up supporter who attends games each season and I spend large amounts in club shop. Pay on the gate then club shop points should be considered . It is easy to do. I know of people who went to their first hibs game last year and some who only go finals. Its a disgrace.

I would however try and secure a ticket for someone who had travelled a great distance to attend if I could

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 07:44 PM
That wouldnt work for ROI based fans though

We don't really care about ROI based fans just overseas ones. :wink::greengrin

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 07:54 PM

No we don't.

As someone else said ... join Hibernians, £10/month, get priority.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 07:56 PM
No we don't.

As someone else said ... join Hibernians, £10/month, get priority.

:greengrin

Andy74
06-02-2013, 07:59 PM
We get about 8,000 who care enough to go and watch Hibs. I don't really care about whether the rest get cup final tickets or not. With the spaces we have every week this sort of chat is ridiculous.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 08:01 PM
We get about 8,000 who care enough to go and watch Hibs. I don't really care about whether the rest get cup final tickets or not. With the spaces we have every week this sort of chat is ridiculous.

No further participation required from you on this thread then!

Andy74
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
No further participation required from you on this thread then!

Correct!

hibee81
06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
I haven't got a season ticket because I live 3 hours away from Edinburgh and have a young family (Mrs would kill me), but I make away games within decent traveling distance i.e Aberdeen, Ross county, ICT, St Johnstone at a push as much as possible, try to get down to Easter road when I can and try to travel to most cup games, spend a fortune in online at the shop, but don't have anymore right for a ticket thank the next. A loyalty scheme would certainly benefit me, especially after spending nearly £250 on cup final ticket last year.

People who think they are super fans because they have a season ticket, but never travel anywhere else outside Edinburgh shouldn't have priority either IMO as its just a role reversal of what I am doing by PATG away from home.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I personally don't think where you live has any bearing on eligibility of any cup final tickets we may get in the future.

Those who live abroad can buy a season ticket for Hibs tv, that guarantee's a ticket should we reach any cup final.

Those who live in this country can buy a season ticket, that guarantee's at least one ticket, and as others have said there is the chance to join the Hibernians, which also guarantee's a ticket.

I fail to see why anyone who is not in the above, and does not actually go much to easter road should be guaranteed any cup final tickets?

Some folk will say they spend hundreds on merchandise, so do i, does that mean i can get an extra one on top of what i'm entitled to for being a season ticket holder?

Living abroad is great, done it myself, but with that means you cant get to easter road. A season ticket for Hibs tv was a life saver for me. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2013, 08:09 PM
I haven't got a season ticket because I live 3 hours away from Edinburgh and have a young family (Mrs would kill me), but I make away games within decent traveling distance i.e Aberdeen, Ross county, ICT, St Johnstone at a push as much as possible, try to get down to Easter road when I can and try to travel to most cup games, spend a fortune in online at the shop, but don't have anymore right for a ticket thank the next. A loyalty scheme would certainly benefit me, especially after spending nearly £250 on cup final ticket last year.

People who think they are super fans because they have a season ticket, but never travel anywhere else outside Edinburgh shouldn't have priority either IMO as its just a role reversal of what I am doing by PATG away from home.

Most ridiculous post yet. You do realise that the ST money paid up front is vital to the running of the club?

Hermit Crab
06-02-2013, 08:17 PM

The last paragraph is jobby mate.

HibeeN
06-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Most ridiculous post yet. You do realise that the ST money paid up front is vital to the running of the club?

Agreed. And the fact that away games provide no extra financial benefit for Hibs. ST holders and home PATG fans are the two main avenues of income in terms of fans putting money into the club.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 08:19 PM

I don't think i'm a super fan because i have a season ticket, but i do realise it helps pay towards OUR clubs signings and running of everything Hibernian.

What does the entrance money we pay to the opposition clubs do?

clerriehibs
06-02-2013, 08:23 PM

I don't really agree with this ... but there's something to be said for fans at away games being beneficial to the team. I'm sure the infirm fans are worth a good few away points every season.

Glory Lurker
06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Everyone who wisnae too feart to go to the first derby of the season should have priority, and those who were should be dumped at the back of the general sale queue. :cb

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Everyone who wisnae too feart to go to the first derby of the season should have priority, and those who were should be dumped at the back of the general sale queue. :cb

:tee hee:

SouthamptonHibs
06-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I think the 381 Hibs fans who went to Killie on the Sunday for a 12.45 two days before Xmas for a game that was live on TV should get priority tickets, clearly we are the ubber fans. No idea why people who go to four cup games should get priority tickets hail hail there are 38 league to play aswell

3pm
06-02-2013, 10:11 PM
I booked the bus for MK Dons. Entitled to 12 in my opinion.

hibeedonald
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM
The point of this thread wasn't to argue about who should get priority for a final we haven't reached.

Would more or less Hibs fans go if they knew it guaranteed them a cup final ticket in the event we got there? More.
Would this make more money for the club? Yes.
Would fans back this? Judging by most of the responses on this, yes.

Beefster
07-02-2013, 07:00 AM
I agree I dont expect as an oversea fan to get preference but I am still a walk up supporter who attends games each season and I spend large amounts in club shop. Pay on the gate then club shop points should be considered . It is easy to do. I know of people who went to their first hibs game last year and some who only go finals. Its a disgrace.

I would however try and secure a ticket for someone who had travelled a great distance to attend if I could

Everyone wants a priority scheme that takes how they spend any money with Hibs into account. I buy a pie most games and drink in BTG, can I get some points for those too?

It's fairly black and white for all strong supporters - if you want to be guaranteed a ticket for big games then buy a ST or pay £10 a month to the youth development programme. Simples.

We've got folk on this thread who think that they have a right to priority because they attend some away games (i.e. zero contribution to Hibs) or because they went to a pre-final cup game (conveniently ignoring the 18/19/20 home league games). That's the real disgrace.

IWasThere2016
07-02-2013, 07:14 AM
I don't see the club doing a stubs scheme - it will be a scrum for those not guaranteed via being a ST-holder etc.

3pm
07-02-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't see the club doing a stubs scheme - it will be a scrum for those not guaranteed via being a ST-holder etc.

For what?!

We're nowhere near a ****in final!

Lucius Apuleius
07-02-2013, 07:23 AM
For what?!

This!!!!!

IWasThere2016
07-02-2013, 07:41 AM
For what?!

Oh, ye of little faith! :greengrin

Keith_M
07-02-2013, 08:37 AM

I used to think you were just an annoying Scouse Git.

I've now changed my mind completely, you're now my favourite annoying Scouse Git.:thumbsup:

Keith_M
07-02-2013, 08:38 AM
I booked the bus for MK Dons. Entitled to 12 in my opinion.

This.

All those that signed up to not go to the MK Dons game should have top priority

MB62
07-02-2013, 09:19 AM

I've now changed my mind completely, you're now my favourite annoying Scouse Git.:thumbsup:

Better be careful with accusations such as these. Somebody might report you to the EEN who will run a story about you being a rascist and before you know it, the polis will be knocking on your door and charging you.
I've heard mental things like this can actually happen!

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2013, 12:48 PM

The debate should be around introducing a loyalty points system - not about whether we're in a Cup Final.

I think a loyalty points system should be in place. ST holders will still get first dibs, just won't be able to get another for their pal - the pal will have to "earn" it himself.

IWasThere2016
07-02-2013, 12:50 PM
The debate should be around introducing a loyalty points system - not about whether we're in a Cup Final.

I think a loyalty points system should be in place. ST holders will still get first dibs, just won't be able to get another for their pal - the pal will have to "earn" it himself.

This.

3pm
07-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Agreed about the loyalty system - there should be one.

However, I didn't see discussions about loyalty taking place when we Queen of the South horsed us out the League Cup. People think have a chance of getting to the final therefore the subject has cropped up again.

Beefster
07-02-2013, 01:07 PM

I think it's unreasonable to expect my second cousin Enid to earn her cup final ticket. She has bingo on Saturday afternoons and WI knitting club all day Sunday. You need to have a priority system that doesn't penalise the regular cup final supporters.

clerriehibs
07-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Agreed about the loyalty system - there should be one.

However, I didn't see discussions about loyalty taking place when we Queen of the South horsed us out the League Cup. People think have a chance of getting to the final therefore the subject has cropped up again.

You're right, we should wait to see if we can get to the final before having any discussions on it, and then have a pig's ear distribution with not enough time to give or make work suggestions on how it could be done better.

Talking about it just now encourages the sun god to piss on our parade, if you believe in that.

hibsmad
07-02-2013, 01:24 PM

Completely agree with this however I don't think that the club, after last season, want to introduce one.

I was listening to Sportsound the other night and either Regan or Doncaster was being interviewed (can't remember which one) and he was justifying the 12-12-18 set up by claiming that there would be more meaningful games. He said that for proof of the fans wanting this you only had to look at Hibs largest attendance of last season which was in the final home match against Dunfermline. He claimed that the reason for this was due to the position of both clubs in the league.

The real reason that the attendance that night was the largest is because of the ballot for the last remaining final tickets. Don't think that Petrie has not remembered that.

Although the fair way to do it would be to introduce a loyalty scheme, I think that the club probably feel that there are other ways to maximise the revenue from reaching a final. IF we go on to reach the final this year then watch out for the tache revealing that there will be a ballot of 500 tickets drawn from the supporters attending each home game for the remainder of the season. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2013, 05:10 PM

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-02-2013, 05:46 PM

Who are the others😄

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2013, 10:13 PM
I love these Cup Final Ticket threads......:rolleyes:

The real way to guarantee one is to invest in a Season Ticket........Simples

3pm
07-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I love these Cup Final Ticket threads......:rolleyes:

The real way to guarantee one is to invest in a Season Ticket........Simples

We're not even near the final, that's the best bit!

How many did we take to Hampden for the semi last year?!

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2013, 10:30 PM

Indeed......Look at our average home gates this season.......

Suddenly as we near the business end of the Cup it becomes a problem? Let's just get to the Final first, then let the bun fights occur.......:cb

hibeedonald
07-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Not why I posted the thread, the idea behind it was that it would make more money for the club, our chances of making the final are pretty slim.