PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson

pedroorange1875
27-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Heard he is petitioning the SPL now to ensure that when a penalty against Hibs is given the goalkeeper has to stand at the corner flag.....Gutted for him...Well done Ben Williams, gained us a point today :agree:

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Some people on here were claiming that the pen was a stone waller. :confused:

He never even touched him. It was just as poor as the first dive.

Keith_M
27-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I think I'm now joining the list of the paranoid. I only read up on the game when I got home, saw that four Hibs players were booked and immediately got suspicous about who the referee was.

Imagine my surprise.....................

HH81
27-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Some people on here were claiming that the pen was a stone waller. :confused:

He never even touched him. It was just as poor as the first dive.

In first view it looked a pen to me. The ref only got one view not several replays like us.

pedroorange1875
27-01-2013, 04:03 PM
In first view it looked a pen to me. The ref only got one view not several replays like us.

lucky for Aberdeen he was the ref then

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2013, 04:07 PM
i didn't realise sparky had been booked(by the ref, as well as the polis) what was he booked for ? football wise :confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
27-01-2013, 04:26 PM
i didn't realise sparky had been booked(by the ref, as well as the polis) what was he booked for ? football wise :confused:

Booked for arguing with the ref.

Ball hit the Aberdeen defender on the way out of play so we should have had a corner.

Pretty clear

But surprise surprise - not in the world of Craig Thomson.

4 bookings - 1 of which was legitimate

2 were blatent dives by Aberdeen players but not much incentive needed.....

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CROOK

Petition the SFA or SPL but he should be nowhere near hibs games.

Unbeaten in the last 4 he's refereed or not

edinburghhibee
27-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Booked for wanting a corner after his flick on mate

#FromTheCapital
27-01-2013, 04:34 PM
It's blatantly obvious that he has a major problem with us. Was desperate to give that penalty today even though it never was, can imagine his disappointment when Williams saved.

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Booked for arguing with the ref.

Ball hit the Aberdeen defender on the way out of play so we should have had a corner.

Pretty clear

But surprise surprise - not in the world of Craig Thomson.

4 bookings - 1 of which was legitimate

2 were blatent dives by Aberdeen players but not much incentive needed.....

WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CROOK

Petition the SFA or SPL but he should be nowhere near hibs games.

Unbeaten in the last 4 he's refereed or not

Booked for wanting a corner after his flick on mate

ah righty, mentioned that deflection bit on the updates thread, but missed the bit afterwards :aok:ta

quite shocked ben williams missed a booking for saving that penalty

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Craig Thompson :yw: is a cheat END OF.

JimBHibees
27-01-2013, 04:42 PM
I also wouldnt be that surprised if he knows exactly who in the Hibs team are close to suspension. Deegan and Sparky must be pretty close I would have thought after todays bookings. Both of which were a joke IMO.

Northernhibee
27-01-2013, 04:58 PM
We're not keeping the heat on him like the first game of the season (constant cheat chants) and he's getting back to his old cheating ways.

We have to be vocal about his cheating.

LeighLoyal
27-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Why haven'y the club complained about this cheat? :confused:

Westie1875
27-01-2013, 05:18 PM
How many times has he been the ref in our matches this season, seems like he gets more than his fair share of Hibs games? :confused:

HFC 0-7
27-01-2013, 05:22 PM
It's blatantly obvious that he has a major problem with us. Was desperate to give that penalty today even though it never was, can imagine his disappointment when Williams saved.

Although I think he is a shocking ref I would say that if he was that desperate to give a pen against us, he could have given the first one when pawlett dived. I thought that the penalty was a stone waller when I first saw it, not until I seen a different angle that I thought that it was soft.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 05:26 PM
This thread reeks of Celtic paranoia. He called the dive correctly and booked the offending player (pawlet I think). The pen was a pen but very soft. Let it go.

pedroorange1875
27-01-2013, 05:29 PM
This thread reeks of Celtic paranoia. He called the dive correctly and booked the offending player (pawlet I think). The pen was a pen but very soft. Let it go.

yawn

bigwheel
27-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Completely agree - we should let this chip on the shoulder stuff go - he might be a ref who is average at best - but deliberately cheating - absolute nonsense ....

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Completely agree - we should let this chip on the shoulder stuff go - he might be a ref who is average at best - but deliberately cheating - absolute nonsense ....

Agree. Some will never let it go after the cup final. It was the team that lost us the cup not the ref, bout time folk realised that.

.Sean.
27-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Was just gonna post this.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Agree. Some will never let it go after the cup final. It was the team that lost us the cup not the ref, bout time folk realised that.

So hearts should have got that penalty?

The first hibs booking wasn't extremely soft at best?

Black shouldn't have been sent off early in the game?

The team were poor but Craig Thomson more than played his part

Saorsa
27-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Completely agree - we should let this chip on the shoulder stuff go - he might be a ref who is average at best - but deliberately cheating - absolute nonsense ....The people who run the club must be paranoid too then because I discussed this issue at length via e-mail with Fife Highland when he was here and he said they were working on the matter at the time.

SaulGoodman
27-01-2013, 05:52 PM

The team were more than poor. The team were rotten for the whole game, that's Hibs' fault. Not Thomson's, no matter how much you try to make it seem that way.

#FromTheCapital
27-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Although I think he is a shocking ref I would say that if he was that desperate to give a pen against us, he could have given the first one when pawlett dived. I thought that the penalty was a stone waller when I first saw it, not until I seen a different angle that I thought that it was soft.

The incident with pawlett was a glaringly obvious dive and one that Tom Daley would've been proud of. Even rudi skacel would of booked him had he been the ref. No point in comparing it to that. Neither were penalties

bigwheel
27-01-2013, 05:57 PM
The people who run the club must be paranoid too then because I discussed this issue at length via e-mail with Fife Highland when he was here and he said they were working on the matter at the time.

Ha...and I'm sure you were quite happy with that reply ...."working on the matter". What a great turn of phrase to help end an email exchange ...

bigwheel
27-01-2013, 06:00 PM

So he made some bad decisions - how many bad decisions did our players make that day ?

So many people look for a conspiracy here rather than just the obvious - we were murder and he had a bad game...

Saorsa
27-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Ha...and I'm sure you were quite happy with that reply ...."working on the matter". What a great turn of phrase to help end an email exchange ...Wrong actually but that's what happens when you try tae be smart but dinnae ken what was said :talkh: Scott Lindsay got back tae me on the matter later. He told me what they had tried but that it had clearly failed.

We spent a lot of time trying to work with the referee department last year, including in the lead up to the Cup Final. It clearly hasn’t worked so we will need to take a different approach.What that different approach is or will be, he didnae say.

bigwheel
27-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Wrong actually but that's what happens when you try tae be and dinnae ken what was said :talkh: Scott Lindsay got back tae me on the matter. He told me what they had tried but that it had clearly failed.

What that different approach is or will be, he didnae say.

Ok. I have no doubt Hibs engaged the referees about what they felt were poor performance and consistency issues - as you would expect any team to - they may have even made specific contact about Thomson. If anyone , including the club , feel he is a cheat then they are looking through green tinted glasses - he has bad games - as do our players - it's part of what makes our sport magic ...

Saorsa
27-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Ok. I have no doubt Hibs engaged the referees about what they felt were poor performance and consistency issues - as you would expect any team to - they may have even made specific contact about Thomson. If anyone , including the club , feel he is a cheat then they are looking through green tinted glasses - he has bad games - as do our players - it's part of what makes our sport magic ...The issue was specific tae him, those at the club obviously thought as many on here do that too many of his 'poor' games and decisions just happened tae coincide with our games. You have you opinion, myself, others and obviously people at the club have another. Think I'll leave it there.

Big Frank
27-01-2013, 06:33 PM

have a word wi yersel.

If you don't think the lanky streak of piss has a problem with Hibernian, yer no right in the heid!

Have you seen his record against Hibernian.:confused:

This isnae about the Aberdeen penalty. This has been going on for YEARS with this merrick.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 06:37 PM
have a word wi yersel.

If you don't think the lanky streak of piss has a problem with Hibernian, yer no right in the heid!

Have you seen his record against Hibernian.:confused:

This isnae about the Aberdeen penalty. This has been going on for YEARS with this merrick.

Aye ok then.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-01-2013, 06:40 PM
The team were more than poor. The team were rotten for the whole game, that's Hibs' fault. Not Thomson's, no matter how much you try to make it seem that way.

the things I mentioned were all decisions made by Thomson - nothing to do with how we played.

There are more than a few incidents prior to that day that made us ALL dread the fact he was going to be the ref.

So much so, the club wrote to the SFA before the match officials were announced requesting that it not be Thomson.

hibsbollah
27-01-2013, 06:47 PM
He could have sent off McPake instead of booking him for a poor challenge today, so like a few others i think the paranoia has got to stop.

Dan is right about our club complaining about Thomson though. Scott Lindsay had one of his regular meetings with the SFA beaks in Glasgow a few weeks before the cup final, and there was concern that Thomson was going to be picked. Before the meeting, Lindsay phoned the beak to say that Hibs had a problem with Thomson and wouldnt be happy with that appointment. The beak listened and said nothing. A few days later, Lindsay went through, and before the meeting even started, the beak said 'we've appointed Thomson, and theres no point you complaining because the decisions already been made'.

Big Frank
27-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Aye ok then.

Good post. Most sense you've made on the thread.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Good post. Most sense you've made on the thread.

In your opinion.

pedroorange1875
27-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Aye ok then.

The pawlett one (after the cup final) would be absolutley inexcusable, the penalty given could be argued as what he had a view on but that is only from his opinon, i watched it first hand and thought dive immediately without replay. How many times has he had the very slightest excuse and called penalty, then think how many times he has had no real excuse and called foul...not sure what all the hibees are thinking replying to some of the stuff on here but the man is a cheat pure and simple and it doesnt matter how you want to defend it

green glory
27-01-2013, 07:28 PM

Pretty sure Sparky gets booked in every CT refereed game. He's a ****ing cheat. FACT!

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 07:28 PM
The pawlett one (after the cup final) would be absolutley inexcusable, the penalty given could be argued as what he had a view on but that is only from his opinon, i watched it first hand and thought dive immediately without replay. How many times has he had the very slightest excuse and called penalty, then think how many times he has had no real excuse and called foul...not sure what all the hibees are thinking replying to some of the stuff on here but the man is a cheat pure and simple and it doesnt matter how you want to defend it

Take the green tinted glasses off, you see him ref a Hibs game and only see bad decisions because that's all you're looking for.

Here's one for everyone at the game today. Did Thompson have a poor game? Did he cheat? No he didn't IMO.

carnoustiehibee
27-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Take the green tinted glasses off, you see him ref a Hibs game and only see bad decisions because that's all you're looking for.

Here's one for everyone at the game today. Did Thompson have a poor game? Did he cheat? No he didn't IMO.

did he give aberdeen a penalty that wasnt a penalty,? yes he did.

Big Frank
27-01-2013, 07:49 PM

hermits made his mind up. Everyone is paranoid.

Close the thread.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 07:51 PM

It was a penalty but a soft one.

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 07:57 PM
He could have sent off McPake instead of booking him for a poor challenge today, so like a few others i think the paranoia has got to stop.

Dan is right about our club complaining about Thomson though. Scott Lindsay had one of his regular meetings with the SFA beaks in Glasgow a few weeks before the cup final, and there was concern that Thomson was going to be picked. Before the meeting, Lindsay phoned the beak to say that Hibs had a problem with Thomson and wouldnt be happy with that appointment. The beak listened and said nothing. A few days later, Lindsay went through, and before the meeting even started, the beak said 'we've appointed Thomson, and theres no point you complaining because the decisions already been made'.

Mcpakes tackle was probably worthy of a red card. Nobody's mentioning that though. Did Thompson cheat Aberdeen by only booking mcpake? No didn't think so.

HibeeN
27-01-2013, 07:58 PM

:agree: I thought it could have gone either way. Definitely soft but can see why he gave it.

I don't think Thomson had a particularly bad game today. Booked Pawlett for diving in the early stages, which was fair enough. McPake's tackle definitely warranted a booking and Griffiths could have got booked earlier for kicking/throwing the ball away, so maybe that played a factor in him finally getting booked for dissent. (Missed the Deegan and Spoony bookings so can't comment on them).

A ref is never going to get every single decision right - it just gets highlighted more when it's Thomson though. And while there may have been a significant bias in the past, I don't think we've seen it in the matches he has reffed this season.

carnoustiehibee
27-01-2013, 08:01 PM

how can it be soft if there was no contact. your at it

#FromTheCapital
27-01-2013, 08:07 PM

Your taking the piss mate. It wasn't soft, it quite simply was not a penalty. Had it been at the other end of the park it would not have been given and that's a fact.

JimBHibees
27-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Name a meaningful decision he has ever given Hibs

Hibernian Verse
27-01-2013, 08:45 PM
If people seriously think he decides what decisions to make based on mistakes he made in the cup final they need to get a grip of reality. Someone, forget the poster, suggested he booked Pawlett because he couldn't give it because of the Suso pen...so it wasn't because it wasn't actually a pen and he called it right?

Go and have a beer, relax, maybe unwind with the other half.

Some of 'us', and I use the term in its loosest sense, are just as bad as Celtic and Hearts fans.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I would like the name of a referee that would have made that game better today. Straws and clutch maybe?
i could see that Cheter Pawlett had dived from the full length of the park. If the SFA wanted that cut out for good then he will get a ban. If the SFA make up the rules, then saying it is against the rules to do that is a cop-out. Second shout I would need to see back, but plenty like that are given. Wasn't it Aberdeen's first penalty at home for a season and a half?

green glory
27-01-2013, 08:57 PM
If people seriously think he decides what decisions to make based on mistakes he made in the cup final they need to get a grip of reality. Someone, forget the poster, suggested he booked Pawlett because he couldn't give it because of the Suso pen...so it wasn't because it wasn't actually a pen and he called it right?

Go and have a beer, relax, maybe unwind with the other half.

Some of 'us', and I use the term in its loosest sense, are just as bad as Celtic and Hearts fans.

I agree, I'm not convinced about him favouring anyone over us. Frankly I just think he's completely ****. Did he not cause bedlam at a recent Romania match?

A combination of ego and ineptitude is his problem. Unfortunately it's also a problem for us as we're often the ones who suffer for it.

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 09:03 PM
He didn't do much wrong today. Yes the penalty wasn't a penalty but when I watched it first time it looked like a penalty! However I do think he has a problem with hibs, dodgy decisions against us happen too often for him to be considered the best Scottish referee but he is making decisions like the ones against hibs previously then he has to be removed from the SPL and more importantly international level

pedroorange1875
27-01-2013, 09:03 PM

oh dear

Jonnyboy
27-01-2013, 09:05 PM
I would like the name of a referee that would have made that game better today. Straws and clutch maybe?
i could see that Cheter Pawlett had dived from the full length of the park. If the SFA wanted that cut out for good then he will get a ban. If the SFA make up the rules, then saying it is against the rules to do that is a cop-out. Second shout I would need to see back, but plenty like that are given. Wasn't it Aberdeen's first penalty at home for a season and a half?

Am pretty sure the SFA can't punish him because he was booked at the time.

For my money I'd say the best way to deal with diving in the penalty area is a straight red

pedroorange1875
27-01-2013, 09:09 PM
He didn't do much wrong today. Yes the penalty wasn't a penalty but when I watched it first time it looked like a penalty! However I do think he has a problem with hibs, dodgy decisions against us happen too often for him to be considered the best Scottish referee but he is making decisions like the ones against hibs previously then he has to be removed from the SPL and more importantly international level

Thats exaactly it...when there is a 50/50 i will just err on the opposition....wonder why that is.....happens every single time there is doubt..now after the final any time there is doubt he goes for it...he is not daft....believe me...cheat of the highest order..he even has hibees wondering and questioning each other...he is incompetant? he is a cheat of the highest order and i am not celtic minded i dont care about any other team or opinion..it has gone beyond subtle. how many dodgy penalties has he given hibs...discuss

27-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Craig Thompson has never made it sly that he doesn't like hibs, it is blatantly obvious. He should have been absolutly nowhere near the cup final, that was a complete and utter joke. He couldn't wait to give a penalty against us today!

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Thats exaactly it...when there is a 50/50 i will just err on the opposition....wonder why that is.....happens every single time there is doubt..now after the final any time there is doubt he goes for it...he is not daft....believe me...cheat of the highest order..he even has hibees wondering and questioning each other...he is incompetant? he is a cheat of the highest order and i am not celtic minded i dont care about any other team or opinion..it has gone beyond subtle. how many dodgy penalties has he given hibs...discuss

That's what I'm saying. It's not obvious decisions that he gives against us, it's little fouls, free kicks at the half way line, wrong corner/goal kicks decisions, wrong 50/50 challenge decisions and the such. These aren't all that obvious but they give the other team to put us under more pressure. There's no way he gives that many dodgy decisions against another SPL team.

1 or 2 dodgy decisions a game I can deal with. 5/6 consistently I can't

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 09:21 PM
oh dear

Oh dear what? Might as well put LTYF at the end of your post mate.

Big Frank
27-01-2013, 09:27 PM
oh dear

:top marks

hibs4thecup1988
27-01-2013, 09:32 PM
CT imo has something against Hibs.

Whether that makes him a cheat or not I do not know. However he can only referee games he has been given. I thought he done ok today. The 1st penalty decision spot on. 2nd was a bit trickier from his view. First view on TV i thought it was pen and said as much at the time. Yes he never touched him on 2nd viewing but CT doesn't have that. He could EASILY have sent off McPake. Terrible challenge 2 footed off the ground RIGHT IN FRONT of CT. But only booked him.

I think the paranoia has to stop. We have got 10 points out of 15 with him in charge this season. He is turning out to be a lucky charm for us :wink:

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 09:37 PM
CT imo has something against Hibs.

Whether that makes him a cheat or not I do not know. However he can only referee games he has been given. I thought he done ok today. The 1st penalty decision spot on. 2nd was a bit trickier from his view. First view on TV i thought it was pen and said as much at the time. Yes he never touched him on 2nd viewing but CT doesn't have that. He could EASILY have sent off McPake. Terrible challenge 2 footed off the ground RIGHT IN FRONT of CT. But only booked him.

I think the paranoia has to stop. We have got 10 points out of 15 with him in charge this season. He is turning out to be a lucky charm for us :wink:

He does have something against hibs, I'm sure of that. However he never gives a major blaring decision against hibs, it's little fouls that on their own aren't that bad but when you're getting 10 little fouls against you every game with the same ref there is something wrong. The Dundee united game this season was a great example, there was at least four dodgy fouls given to united in the last 5 minutes that allowed them to punt it in the box and put pressure on the defence that they wouldn't of got the chance to otherwise!

It may not be obvious but there's more to it than him just being a bad ref

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 09:46 PM
hermits made his mind up. Everyone is paranoid.

Close the thread.

No just you.

bigwheel
27-01-2013, 09:47 PM
If anyone thinks a referee can actually think through decisions to make a sly decision against Hibs, or any other team for that matter...are living in dreamland....the game is too fast for that...to cheat a ref would actually have to make two decisions - the right one, and then the sly one...all within micro seconds.....

Referees make bad decisions...some of them for us, some against - when we are rubbish - like last season - it seems worse - because we hardly scored to overcome bad decisions...get over yourselves - it happens to every team.....

hibs4thecup1988
27-01-2013, 09:47 PM
He does have something against hibs, I'm sure of that. However he never gives a major blaring decision against hibs, it's little fouls that on their own aren't that bad but when you're getting 10 little fouls against you every game with the same ref there is something wrong. The Dundee united game this season was a great example, there was at least four dodgy fouls given to united in the last 5 minutes that allowed them to punt it in the box and put pressure on the defence that they wouldn't of got the chance to otherwise!

It may not be obvious but there's more to it than him just being a bad ref

I agree with this.

I think the fact that it was against Hearts back in May makes it a lot harder for people to take. I seriously think if that was against Celtic then people would not still be going on about it. I do agree that back in May he had the worst game I have ever saw. But if people think it is just against us....think back to a European game in Holland(I think?!) and he gave a penalty for a foul 5 yards outside the box and a red card AND the player never even touched him, literally never got near him.

I just think he is a bad referee!

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 09:53 PM
I agree with this.

I think the fact that it was against Hearts back in May makes it a lot harder for people to take. I seriously think if that was against Celtic then people would not still be going on about it. I do agree that back in May he had the worst game I have ever saw. But if people think it is just against us....think back to a European game in Holland(I think?!) and he gave a penalty for a foul 5 yards outside the box and a red card AND the player never even touched him, literally never got near him.

I just think he is a bad referee!

I don't get how he's rated as the best referee in the country though?! What has he done to deserve that title... I don't see any other ref making as many mistakes as him! Scottish refereeing needs a real shake up as they aren't helping with the standard and entertainment levels of Scottish football

hibs4thecup1988
27-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't get how he's rated as the best referee in the country though?! What has he done to deserve that title... I don't see any other ref making as many mistakes as him! Scottish refereeing needs a real shake up as they aren't helping with the standard and entertainment levels of Scottish football

I don't really think he is classed as that any more. Lots more referees up and coming. Sadly they are still trained in Scotland!! I really believe foreign referees are the way to go. Sadly I missed the game a couple of seasons ago when it was them but was advised they were better than Scottish refs.

Miguel
27-01-2013, 11:09 PM
That is bollocks.
What you seem tohave forgotten about that final is that:
The inconsistency between the first-half Kujabi booking and the total lack of action against Black.
Hibs were back in the match after McPake scored. Had our best spell of the game and half time came too soon.
Right after restart, Kujabi is booked then sent off for pull on Suso (correct, but only if first yellow was and that's debatable).
Thomson gives penalty despite foul being (well) outside box.
Fails to spot Suso dive and takes no action against him.
Hibs had a poor team, and Hearts had a fraudulently assembled one.
Thomson was cherry on cake for them.
I'm NOT letting it go!

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 11:20 PM
That is bollocks.
The inconsistency between the first-half Kujabi booking and the total lack of action against Black.
Hibs were back in the match after McPake scored. Had our best spell of the game and half time came too soon.
Right after restart, Kujabi is booked then sent off for pull on Suso (correct, but only if first yellow was and that's debatable).
I'm NOT letting it go!

I've not forgotten anything I've just moved on. No point in being bitter for the rest of your days though but if you feel the need to hold on then do it.

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 11:20 PM
That is bollocks.
I'm NOT letting it go!

Spot on. Yes we were very poor that day and deserved to lose but without Craig Thomson it wouldn't of been 5-1, and if you don't agree with that, prove it? The sending off and a third goal killed us off!

Yes we deserved to lose but Thomson cheated us that day, maybe not out of a cup but out of a fair playing field and for that I will not forget his performance that day

Hermit Crab
27-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Spot on. Yes we were very poor that day and deserved to lose but without Craig Thomson it wouldn't of been 5-1, and if you don't agree with that, prove it? The sending off and a third goal killed us off!

Yes we deserved to lose but Thomson cheated us that day, maybe not out of a cup but out of a fair playing field and for that I will not forget his performance that day

How about you prove that it wouldn't have been 1-5 if Thompson hasn't been the ref.

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 11:29 PM
How about you prove that it wouldn't have been 1-5 if Thompson hasn't been the ref.

They wouldn't of had a penalty to make it 3 so that's 4-1 for starters and we wouldn't of had one less man. Oh and black should of been sent off for an assault on griffiths early on. That good enough? Now explain how he didn't have an impact on the final result please? This should be good

Miguel
27-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Not saying we would have won, but result would have been closer. He was either incompetent, or he cheated.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2013, 11:53 PM
They wouldn't of had a penalty to make it 3 so that's 4-1 for starters and we wouldn't of had one less man. Oh and black should of been sent off for an assault on griffiths early on. That good enough? Now explain how he didn't have an impact on the final result please? This should be good

Kujabi would still have been sent off as it was a bookable offence that he committed, regardless of whereabouts on the pitch the incident occurred, and he had already been booked earlier in the match.

You're right to say that they wouldn't have got the penalty though.

Hibercelona
28-01-2013, 12:05 AM

I could clearly see that it wasn't a penalty first time around and that was from the crappy camera angle. The ref had an even better angle to make the correct call.

Hibercelona
28-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Kujabi would still have been sent off as it was a bookable offence that he committed, regardless of whereabouts on the pitch the incident occurred, and he had already been booked earlier in the match.

You're right to say that they wouldn't have got the penalty though.

His first booking should never have been a booking through. :rolleyes:

If you compare his first bookable offense to Ian Blacks blatant assault....

cam75
28-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Not just hibs that dread him,my mate (dons fan) knew it was going to be poor game when he saw who was ref,his view was no pen x2 saving grace his son took 3rd pen at half time and missed so feel good factor for the kid !

Hermit Crab
28-01-2013, 06:22 AM

You're assuming they wouldn't have got the penalty assuming black would have been sent off assuming kujabi wouldn't have been sent off. Proof I don't think so. 4-1 5-1 still a roasting.

Miguel
28-01-2013, 06:30 AM
Okay Hermit Crab, let's leave the speculative stuff aside. The turning point in the match was the penalty. Was it a penalty? No. We would still have been a man down, but who knows what would have happened.

marinello59
28-01-2013, 06:53 AM

:agree:

Hermit Crab
28-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Okay Hermit Crab, let's leave the speculative stuff aside. The turning point in the match was the penalty. Was it a penalty? No. We would still have been a man down, but who knows what would have happened.

No It wasn't a penalty, we were still losing the match at that point and to pin the cup defeat solely on the ref is just denying the team were pish and didn't look like winning that game from the word go. Time to let it go. There's no point in getting worked up about it every time Craig Thompson refs us. There's always a thread about how he's cheated us after every game he's refs involving us.

carnoustiehibee
28-01-2013, 07:33 AM
Hermit, how can yesterday's penalty be deemed as soft if there was no contact?

Hermit Crab
28-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Hermit, how can yesterday's penalty be deemed as soft if there was no contact?

Yes there was it was a soft penalty, there was no contact in the first incident in which pawlet received a booking for diving. In any case you've seen replay after replay. Ref does not have that luxury, he calls it as he sees it.

#FromTheCapital
28-01-2013, 07:45 AM
No It wasn't a penalty, we were still losing the match at that point and to pin the cup defeat solely on the ref is just denying the team were pish and didn't look like winning that game from the word go. Time to let it go. There's no point in getting worked up about it every time Craig Thompson refs us. There's always a thread about how he's cheated us after every game he's refs involving us.

Nobody is blaming him for the defeat or denying that we were crap that day. All we are saying is that it was a terrible refereeing display and one that is typical of Thomson when he refs our matches.
There is a point in getting worked up about it because this tosser tries his hardest to screw us over in almost every game. It was the same before the final as well, a lot of hibs fans had their concerns about him but since the final it has went viral. I remember when we found out he was reffing the final someone on here predicted exactly what he would do on the day. Ie sending off, dubious penalty and Ian black given freedom to do as he wanted without fear of punishment.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Nobody is blaming him for the defeat or denying that we were crap that day. All we are saying is that it was a terrible refereeing display and one that is typical of Thomson when he refs our matches.
There is a point in getting worked up about it because this tosser tries his hardest to screw us over in almost every game. It was the same before the final as well, a lot of hibs fans had their concerns about him but since the final it has went viral. I remember when we found out he was reffing the final someone on here predicted exactly what he would do on the day. Ie sending off, dubious penalty and Ian black given freedom to do as he wanted without fear of punishment.

If he was doing his best to screw us over then he would have gave 2 penalties yesterday and sent off mcpake for his 2 footed lunge which he only got booked for. Does his best to screw us over? Paranoia and pure speculation without any evidence.

SaulGoodman
28-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't get people that say the third goal 'killed' us. We were getting tore apart the whole game before that and we managed to sneak a goal against the run of play.

Lets not kid ourselves that there would have been some great revival had they not got that penalty.

We were garbage whatever way you look at it.

hibsbollah
28-01-2013, 08:05 AM
I don't get people that say the third goal 'killed' us. We were getting tore apart the whole game before that and we managed to sneak a goal against the run of play.

Lets not kid ourselves that there would have been some great revival had they not got that penalty.

Regretfully i have to agree. I havent watched the game since (why would you?) but my feeling at the time was 2-1 flattered us a bit at HT. We wouldnt have turned it round with Hibby McHibs from Hibstoun Lanarkshire in charge.

maturehibby
28-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Do you never sleep - you are going to be in some state for your work today - you will be glad I am not there now,
However mind regarding the post when you are in the hole "Stop digging" you have lost the Thomson arguement - glad to see your trade union training coming through in defending the underdog and in Thomsons case the indefensible

#FromTheCapital
28-01-2013, 08:16 AM
If he was doing his best to screw us over then he would have gave 2 penalties yesterday and sent off mcpake for his 2 footed lunge which he only got booked for. Does his best to screw us over? Paranoia and pure speculation without any evidence.

Pish, he gave one which was bad enough as it was never a penalty and the other incident with Pawlett was as blatent a dive as you'll ever see, actually cringed when I seen that because it was pathetic. He couldn't possibly of given a penalty for that.
There was some refereeing stats posted on here a few months ago which showed showed stats for every ref and every team. Thomson as you can imagine was our worst referee by a mile, that's enough evidence for me when taking all the other incidents into consideration

Hermit Crab
28-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Pish, he gave one which was bad enough as it was never a penalty and the other incident with Pawlett was as blatent a dive as you'll ever see, actually cringed when I seen that because it was pathetic. He couldn't possibly of given a penalty for that.
There was some refereeing stats posted on here a few months ago which showed showed stats for every ref and every team. Thomson as you can imagine was our worst referee by a mile, that's enough evidence for me when taking all the other incidents into consideration

If he has it in for us why did he not send off mcpake yesterday? If he hates us as much as you think he had the perfect opportunity to get one over on us by putting down to ten men and we could have no complaints if he did send off mcpake.

#FromTheCapital
28-01-2013, 08:56 AM
If he has it in for us why did he not send off mcpake yesterday? If he hates us as much as you think he had the perfect opportunity to get one over on us by putting down to ten men and we could have no complaints if he did send off mcpake.

I actually agree that McPake could of been sent off instead of booked but that one incident doesn't change anything. Far too much has gone on over the years for one decision like that to change my mind about him.

Sprouleflyer
28-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Out of all the games CT has refereed against Hibs this season, we have only lost 1 and that was the first game against Dun Utd. He hasn't yet managed a derby since the final.

carnoustiehibee
28-01-2013, 09:58 AM
How Many games have we had him this season? Is there a ref's per game league available.

hibsbollah
28-01-2013, 10:23 AM
How Many games have we had him this season? Is there a ref's per game league available.

IIRC its 5. W3 D1 L1.

green glory
28-01-2013, 10:25 AM
IIRC its 5. W3 D1 L1.

Sounds about right. We could do with more games with CT refereeing.

(Dives for cover).

Miguel
28-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Sounds about right. We could do with more games with CT refereeing.

(Dives for cover).

He won't get a derby for a long time, if ever. It would be too much pressure and too big a risk.

Cameron1875
28-01-2013, 07:34 PM
IIRC its 5. W3 D1 L1.

Dun Utd away: No complaints.
St Johnstone away: Softest penalty you will see.
Dun Utd home: Started giving them every decision after Skacel came on.
Celtic home: Couldn't make that game but heard he was mince...
Aberdeen away: Couldn't wait to give a penalty.

The man is a total fud and i feel that sometimes we win games in spite of him trying to make it as difficult as possible.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2013, 07:39 PM
The paranoia surrounding this guy amongst Hibs fans must be unrivalled anywhere in football, ****** hilarious.

Saorsa
28-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Dun Utd away: No complaints.
St Johnstone away: Softest penalty you will see.
Dun Utd home: Started giving them every decision after Skacel came on.
Celtic home: Couldn't make that game but heard he was mince...
Aberdeen away: Couldn't wait to give a penalty.

The man is a total fud and i feel that sometimes we win games in spite of him trying to make it as difficult as possible.Careful now, Rod's paranoia must be starting tae rub of on you. :wink:

Saorsa
28-01-2013, 07:43 PM
The paranoia surrounding this guy amongst Hibs fans must be unrivalled anywhere in football, ****** hilarious.The club asked for him no tae be given the final, do you think Uncle Rod is paranoid too?

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2013, 07:45 PM
The club asked for him no tae be given the final, do you think Uncle Rod is paranoid too?

He's a Hibs fan is he not?

jabis
28-01-2013, 07:48 PM

for Hermit defending his corner,I agree with all he say's.

(and anyone else who posted a sane comment :greengrin)

Saorsa
28-01-2013, 08:01 PM
He's a Hibs fan is he not?He's also second vice-president of the SFA. Do you think he/the board would be raising such an issue if it was through anything other than genuine concern about his 'poor performances' and 'mistakes' in games involving Hibs? Do you really think the board of Hibernian FC are nothing more than a bunch of paranoid Hibs fans?

Big Frank
28-01-2013, 08:12 PM
The paranoia surrounding this guy amongst Hibs fans must be unrivalled anywhere in football, ****** hilarious.

From a Liverpool fan.... wow.

Your're just being silly.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2013, 08:52 PM
From a Liverpool fan.... wow.

Your're just being silly.

Go on then explain.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2013, 08:53 PM
He's also second vice-president of the SFA. Do you think he/the board would be raising such an issue if it was through anything other than genuine concern about his 'poor performances' and 'mistakes' in games involving Hibs? Do you really think the board of Hibernian FC are nothing more than a bunch of paranoid Hibs fans?

Pretty much.

Saorsa
28-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Pretty much.whatever.

bigwheel
28-01-2013, 09:08 PM
He's also second vice-president of the SFA. Do you think he/the board would be raising such an issue if it was through anything other than genuine concern about his 'poor performances' and 'mistakes' in games involving Hibs? Do you really think the board of Hibernian FC are nothing more than a bunch of paranoid Hibs fans?

If they believe the same populist nonsense that is on most of this thread then they must be ...frankly it is inane green tinted moaning...really, Hibs are so important to CT he chooses to cheat us - what utter rubbish....

Spike Mandela
28-01-2013, 09:10 PM

We all know that it is not always the best team that wins games. Yes, Hearts were a better team but if Black had been booked then sent off not Kujabi would things have been different. Of course they would. 2-1 after the interval for first 20 mins or so with no sending off and no blatantly wrong penalty, our heads wouldn't have went down and Hearts would have perhaps retreated to try and defend their lead. All ifs and buts but, all things affected by the referee's decisions.

Nobody is denying Hearts were the better team on the day but things might have been a whole lot tighter on the day if decisions had went in our favour.

For the record, as soon as Thomson was giving the gig I knew we were beat and I think most of us had that feeling at the time if we are honest. This was only matched by the Hearts fans delight that he was giving the final.

Lang Toun Hibs
28-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Pretty much.

Alright alright, calm down calm down....:na na:

Saorsa
28-01-2013, 09:35 PM
If they believe the same populist nonsense that is on most of this thread then they must be ...frankly it is inane green tinted moaning...really, Hibs are so important to CT he chooses to cheat us - what utter rubbish....Aye, the whole hibs board and others on here must be paranoid because they think differently fae you :rolleyes: Rod Petrie is just the type tae make petty complaints over nothing and is completely inane and paranoid, I think we should try tae get him tae retire for the good of his own health if he's become an inane paranoiac while running Hibs.

c ya :bye:

shetlandhibee
28-01-2013, 09:58 PM
When big Ben saved the penalty we should have sung the jim jefferies song to him but changed it to Craig Thompson 'cheer up Craig Thompson oh wat can it be to a etc.':greengrin

Eyrie
28-01-2013, 10:18 PM
If they believe the same populist nonsense that is on most of this thread then they must be ...frankly it is inane green tinted moaning...really, Hibs are so important to CT he chooses to cheat us - what utter rubbish....

I don't think there's a conscious desire to cheat us so much as a subconscious bias against us. There won't be anything too obvious (other than Black not being booked and the penalty gift in May) but a look at the long term statistics will show that he judges our tackles to be fouls more often than other referees do and our fouls to be bookings more often as well. Each individual decision on its own is a judgement call and a case can be made for or against Thomson's judgement, but the underlying trend is that his judgements on us are more harsh than those of other referees and more harsh than he judges other teams.

So consciously or not, he's still a cheating Jambo *****.

Hermit Crab
28-01-2013, 10:20 PM

for Hermit defending his corner,I agree with all he say's.

(and anyone else who posted a sane comment :greengrin)

Thanks mate ;-)

Big Frank
29-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Craig Thomson & Hibs

Played 42

Hibs won 16
Drawn 7
Lost 15

W,D,L,W,D,D,L,W,W,L,L,W,W,W,D,W,W,W,D,L,L,D,L,D,W, W,W,L,L,L,W,L,L,L,L,L,L,L,W,W,W,D.

(Since his "performance in the SC Final Lost 1, Drawn 1, won 3 - a remarkable improvement follow 1 win in 11 of his previous matches)

Yellows against Hibs : 63
Yellows against opposition : 52

Reds against Hibs : 2

Reds against opposition : 4

Pens awarded to Hibs : 1 (Scored)
Pens awarded against Hibs : 4 (including 3 pens against hibs in 2 consecutive matches).

Hibs V

St Johnstone W W W
Partick D
Livi L
Well W W W
Arabs D W L W
Pars D D L L
Partick L
ICT W W
Old Co L D L
Celtic L W L L W
Gretna W
St Mirren W
Dons D W L L L D
Falkirk W
Hertz D L L
Killie W L L

Craig Thomson and Hertz

Played : 33

W,W,W,W,L,W,W,D,W,D,L,W,L,L,W,D,D,L,W,L,D,L,W,D,L, W,W,W,D,W,L,L,W

Hertz win : 16
Hertz Drawn : 7
Hertz Lost : 10

Yellows against Hertz : 62

Yellows for opposition : 69

Reds against Hertz : 3

Reds against opposition : 13

Pens to Hertz 4 : (All went on to win)
Pens against Hertz : 3 (Hertz lost 2 won 1)

Hertz v :

Killie Played 2 : W D
Dons Played 2 : W D
Dundee Played 3 : W W L
ICT Played 2 : L W
Well Played 4 : W L W D
Arabs Played 4 : W L D W
Partick Played 1 : W
Old Co Played 3 : D L L
Celtic Played 7 : L W L W L W L
Pars Played 1 : W
hibs Played 3 : D W W
St J Played 1 : D

Make your own minds up.

Can give specific matches :greengrin if any one wants... there are some (un)surprising stats within games taster :

Hibs V Hertz : Hibernian Yellow 8 Hertz Yellow 3. Hibernian Pen 0 Hertz Pen 1. Hibernian Red 1 Hertz Red 0

would love to have found the foul count in each game...

Cheers

WellingtonHibby
29-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Go on then explain.

Professional victims.

Big Frank
29-01-2013, 07:44 AM
oops! some typos in my post !

will return and correct after my dentist appointment :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
29-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Good work Franko..

CT is a cheating Hertz ****, nae doubt about that :aok:

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Professional victims.

Aye the dead at Hillsborough were all professional victims right enough, away and bolt yer clown.

Hermit Crab
29-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Professional victims.

Wtf mate!!

Big Frank
29-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Good work Franko..

CT is a cheating Hertz ****, nae doubt about that :aok:

I hear you Judas :agree:

Hertz have played against 10 men 12 times and against 9 men once. In just over 30 games:confused:
:confused::confused:

Thats an outrageous stat imho.

Sudds_1
29-01-2013, 03:51 PM
The people who run the club must be paranoid too then because I discussed this issue at length via e-mail with Fife Highland when he was here and he said they were working on the matter at the time.

.and the outcome?