PDA

View Full Version : Well done Hibs, unbeaten in 2013.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 03:56 PM
:top marks

SaulGoodman
27-01-2013, 03:58 PM
See if you get a few bites here BH :wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:01 PM
See if you get a few bites here BH :wink:

2 away games at tynecastle and pittodrie undefeated, a win against Celtic and admittedly a poor draw against Dundee. Things are good down Easter Road way. :top marks

WindyMiller
27-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Having a cocktail BH ?

:stirrer:

#FromTheCapital
27-01-2013, 04:04 PM
That's great I hope we can keep this amazing record up. Shouldn't be a problem with the way we're playing just now

DarrenSQH
27-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Probably our longest undefeated streak at the start of a year in a while.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Probably our longest undefeated streak at the start of a year in a while.

:agree: Progress, its teriffic i love it. :pfgwa

Pretty Boy
27-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Nope not good enough.

I demand we go from 2nd bottom to playing like Barcelona in half a season.To hell with trivial things like trying to build a solid spine and being harder to beat.

Iggy Pope
27-01-2013, 04:12 PM
2 away games at tynecastle and pittodrie undefeated, a win against Celtic and admittedly a poor draw against Dundee. Things are good down Easter Road way. :top marks

I'll have a bite at that one unless it's still got a 2012 sell-by date, which I think it might have.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I'll have a bite at that one unless it's still got a 2012 sell-by date, which I think it might have.

Trust you, i'm trying to make things look a tiny bit better than what they actually are, and you come on and bring up hard facts? :wink:

Mikey
27-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Trust you, i'm trying to make things look a tiny bit better than what they actually are, and you come on and bring up hard facts? :wink:

It's not a proper FACT unless it's in capitals :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
27-01-2013, 04:17 PM

No defeats in 4 games, only 1 goal conceded, wins against the champions, and away points at Tynecastle and Pittodrie. No first team players out with 2 set to come in this week. :flag:

WestEndHibee
27-01-2013, 04:23 PM
only shipped 1 goal in the last 4 games. With Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts drawing blanks that's 0.25 goals a game. 2 goals scored in the same period which is 0.5 goals per game. So we're scoring twice as much per game as we are conceding! :flag:

Saorsa
27-01-2013, 04:24 PM
:top marksNah, sorry, no good enough, Fenlon out, Butcher in :agree:

Mikey
27-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Nah, sorry, no good enough, Fenlon out, Butcher in :agree:

If we were playing Top Trumps then surely McGlynn beats Butcher after yesterday??

Saorsa
27-01-2013, 04:26 PM
If we were playing Top Trumps then surely McGlynn beats Butcher after yesterday??Too far!

The_Sauz
27-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Nah, sorry, no good enough, Fenlon out, Butcher in :agree:

Butcher out, Murray in:na na:

marinello59
27-01-2013, 04:29 PM

I will bite. if simply not losing is the aim then Fenlon is the indeed the man to keep us enthralled at matches for years to come. Another shocking game today, the stayaway fans were the winners.

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately, all the excitement over our unbeaten run hasn't resonated with my 7 y/o son who doesn't want to go any more.

sesoim
27-01-2013, 04:33 PM

Yip, thats's 10 point from a possible 33 - great stuff, and its been top quality entertainment to match. I think Barcelona will be sniffing around soon.

Fenlon deserves credit for keeping us within a few points of Inverness, who's playing budget is about a third of our's.

I just can't wait to sit through hibs games at the moment....

blackpoolhibs
I will bite. if simply not losing is the aim then Fenlon is the indeed the man to keep us enthralled at matches for years to come. Another shocking game today, the stayaway fans were the winners.

I certainly dont think not losing is our aim, i do think we'd get stuffed if we played a more expansive game though with the players we have available?

hfc rd
We know our team is still going to be in existence while our pink neighbours may not have one by the end of the year.

The Future's Bright, The Future's Green & White

Ell_Chrisso
27-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Everyone would have easily taken a point pre-match today so lets not get too upset...

sesoim
27-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately, all the excitement over our unbeaten run hasn't resonated with my 7 y/o son who doesn't want to go any more.

I shouldn't laugh, but that is quite funny.

down-the-slope
27-01-2013, 04:39 PM

You been drinking.....not played them this year

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Terrific. 3 points from 3 games. Really pulling our weight for a club of our size. Our hard earned point at home against Dundee was quite simply awe-inspiring.

Glory Lurker
27-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Progress????? 28 years ago yesterday, we beat celtic 6-3, with Benny Brazil getting a hat-trick. Look at us now....

MSK
27-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Everyone would have easily taken a point pre-match today so lets not get too upset...Really ?...Aberdeen have been piss poor at home this season, they had a makeshift defence today..they were there for the taking but we set out for a draw ...football is about entertainment, if we are trying to encourage fans back to games then surely we should be having a go at teams like Aberdeen ..I would rather go down giving it a go than go down sitting back playing for a point ..

sesoim
27-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Everyone would have easily taken a point pre-match today so lets not get too upset...

A point at Aberdeen would be alright if we were actually beating the teams we should be in other games.

Hiber-nation
27-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Really ?...Aberdeen have been piss poor at home this season, they had a makeshift defence today..they were there for the taking but we set out for a draw ...football is about entertainment, if we are trying to encourage fans back to games then surely we should be having a go at teams like Aberdeen ..I would rather go down giving it a go than go down sitting back playing for a point ..

:agree:

I think I've had enough of the "we would have lost that game last season" stuff. There doesn't seem to be any encouragement for the players to pass the ball. Aberdeen have arguably the worst keeper in the league and a makeshift back 4 but we didn't appear to have any sort of game plan to break them down other than hoof the ball up the park.

I'm_cabbaged
27-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Progress????? 28 years ago yesterday, we beat celtic 6-3, with Benny Brazil getting a hat-trick. Look at us now....

28 years? God I'm getting auld.

marinello59
27-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I certainly dont think not losing is our aim, i do think we'd get stuffed if we played a more expansive game though with the players we have available?

We have players as good as, if not better, than practically every other team in the league yet our passing and movement off the ball is woeful, it's as if they are playing within themselves. That smacks of a culture of caution coming from the coaching team. (Excuse the alliteration.)
I am not looking for suicidal all out attack, players running in to positions so there are options to pass to when we are attacking would be good though.

sesoim
27-01-2013, 05:00 PM
We know our team is still going to be in existence while our pink neighbours may not have one by the end of the year.

The Future's Bright, The Future's Green & White

Or, they might have another Cup to celebrate while we...don't.

WestEndHibee
27-01-2013, 05:02 PM
in the first 6 weeks or so of 2012 we lost 3-1 to Hearts at home, 5-0 to celtic at home and drew with aberdeen 0-0 at home. Progress is there to be seen by those who look. It's certainly not pretty at the moment but being hard to beat is what we've been crying out for since the second half of Yogis first year. Paddy is the first to admit in the good times that we are nowhere near where he wants us to be but we've certainly still taken a big step in the right direction.

LioNeilMessi
27-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Unbeaten this season v Craig Thompson :thumbsup:

Ell_Chrisso
27-01-2013, 05:07 PM
I think even with our best teams, I never expect 3 points away from home. Hibs are Hibs..

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 05:09 PM
We have players as good as, if not better, than practically every other team in the league yet our passing and movement off the ball is woeful, it's as if they are playing within themselves. That smacks of a culture of caution coming from the coaching team. (Excuse the alliteration.)
I am not looking for suicidal all out attack, players running in to positions so there are options to pass to when we are attacking would be good though.

Still hurting eh!

I told you so.

:wink:

Leishy1995
27-01-2013, 05:09 PM
:pfgwa

Cabbage1875
27-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I am sure that blackpoolhibs has his tongue in his cheek here. But I am getting a little bit concerned about the lack of attacking threat we are having in games. I think we are giving poor teams far too much respect and aren't doing enough to win matches at all. St Mirren showed today what an be achieved with a bit of positivity in team selection and a bit of desire. Today our 'heroes' were completely clueless in their attempts to win the game and not for the first time in recent weeks. If Sparky doesn't produce a bit of magic then we are pretty toothless.

I do think that the signing of Liam Craig will go some way to adding goals and drive from the midfield area, but why do we always leave it so late to do our business? It has been quite clear from the two league cup semi finals from the performances of Goncalves and Ngoo and the results of their respective teams what a difference some new blood can make. Seems like we don't take advantage of the transfer window to its fullest.

The team are certainly going to have to be set up more positively in the coming weeks if myself, and many others it seems, are to be tempted back to regularly follow them.

MSK
27-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I think even with our best teams, I never expect 3 points away from home. Hibs are Hibs..How about giving it a go though ..? we have players capable of winning games home & away ..that was pretty much our strongest team out there today ..

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 05:15 PM
We have players as good as, if not better, than practically every other team in the league yet our passing and movement off the ball is woeful, it's as if they are playing within themeselves. That smacks of a culture of caution coming from the coaching team. (Excuse the alliteration.)

I disagree, i think we have some good players and they are mostly defensive. We have Griffiths up front who CAN be brilliant on his day at scoring goals, but overall his play can also be terrible. Our midfield are very poor at going forward, and have little if any creativity at pace.

They are so one paced in fact most teams can get back behind the ball before we get into any advanced positions.

We gave Wotherspoon a game today in the hole behind the forward today, he gave us nothing. We just dont at this minute in time have the players to create enough like other teams seem to do?

We are a stuffy hard to break down team at the moment, with a good keeper and a decent defence. We dont get run over these days, and i, would hope Fenlons next aquisitions will add that spark of creativity we all want?

Ell_Chrisso
27-01-2013, 05:19 PM
How about giving it a go though ..? we have players capable of winning games home & away ..that was pretty much our strongest team out there today ..

Definitely agree 100% with your post. We should be trying to win the game alot more than trying not to lose it. Still, to me it's a decent point.

cabbageandribs1875
27-01-2013, 05:20 PM
we now sit proudly at the top of the table, for accumulating a nice round half century of yellow cards, i guess that's progress, we normally finish mid-table of the yellow card table, although we are bottom for red cards :greengrin craig thomson is probably responsible for 30-odd of them :(

Alfred E Newman
27-01-2013, 05:20 PM
How about giving it a go though ..? we have players capable of winning games home & away ..that was pretty much our strongest team out there today ..

The only bit I agree with you on is the last point. Unless a couple of creative players come in in the next few days grafting defensive hit on the break displays are the best we can hope for. Both Hearts and St Mirren are in a cup final thanks to players signed during the window. Today we were the same old same old.

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 05:22 PM
I disagree, i think we have some good players and they are mostly defensive. We have Griffiths up front who CAN be brilliant on his day at scoring goals, but overall his play can also be terrible. Our midfield are very poor at going forward, and have little if any creativity at pace.

They are so one paced in fact most teams can get back behind the ball before we get into any advanced positions.

We gave Wotherspoon a game today in the hole behind the forward today, he gave us nothing. We just dont at this minute in time have the players to create enough like other teams seem to do?

We are a stuffy hard to break down team at the moment, with a good keeper and a decent defence. We dont get run over these days, and i, would hope Fenlons next aquisitions will add that spark of creativity we all want?

I'd classify Cairney as a creative player but since he came to Hibs he's went back as a player rather than progressing. His natural instinct WAS to go forward but that seems to have been coached out of his play.

It's a worrying sign and I hope it's not a trend for any incoming players.

brydekirk
27-01-2013, 05:33 PM

The result was'nt bad, the football was shocking.

JimBHibees
27-01-2013, 05:35 PM
I'd classify Cairney as a creative player but since he came to Hibs he's went back as a player rather than progressing. His natural instinct WAS to go forward but that seems to have been coached out of his play.

It's a worrying sign and I hope it's not a trend for any incoming players.

Really. :confused: Personally think some of the stuff he has played this season for Hibs has been excellent.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 05:39 PM
The result was'nt bad, the football was shocking.

Did you even watch the game, nobody else is complaining?

marinello59
27-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Still hurting eh!

I told you so.

:wink:

You did indeed. :greengrin

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Really. :confused: Personally think some of the stuff he has played this season for Hibs has been excellent.

It has been but unfortunately we're seeing less and less of it as each week progresses.

Beefster
27-01-2013, 05:45 PM

I think plenty of folk have moaned about how poor we played today.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 05:46 PM
It has been but unfortunately we're seeing less and less of it as each week progresses.

I dont believe for one minute he is having anything coached out of him? What i can see is the opposition doubling up on him now, which was not the case earlier in the season.

Once he's free to play more central, i think he will return to form with that little bit more space to run into, and he will have more options and be able to pick out a better pass too

Feed McGraw
27-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Anyone can make any team " hard to beat " - just stick eleven men behind the ball and hey ho, there you go, you are now officially " hard to beat ". Some teams will still beat you, but generally you will be hard to beat.

Hopefully with some more attack minded players added we can be a bit more than just " hard to beat ". I know it all takes time, but Hibs have been in decline for quite a few years now and our incredibly loyal support deserves better, especially when that loyal support sees clubs like ICT for example, who have had to rebuild quickly, yet are still hard to beat AND serve up some decent entertainment as well.

WestEndHibee
27-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Anyone can make any team " hard to beat " - just stick eleven men behind the ball and hey ho, there you go, you are now officially " hard to beat ". Some teams will still beat you, but generally you will be hard to beat.

Hopefully with some more attack minded players added we can be a bit more than just " hard to beat ". I know it all takes time, but Hibs have been in decline for quite a few years now and our incredibly loyal support deserves better, especially when that loyal support sees clubs like ICT for example, who have had to rebuild quickly, yet are still hard to beat AND serve up some decent entertainment as well.

I think Messrs C. Calderwood and J. Hughes may disagree with that statement.

Iggy Pope
27-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Or, they might have another Cup to celebrate while we...don't.

Are we out of the big fellah already? Have I missed 2013 altogether and been stuck along with Blackpool in his late Dec 2012 timewarp???????

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Are we out of the big fellah already? Have I missed 2013 altogether and been stuck along with Blackpool in his late Dec 2012 timewarp???????

:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
27-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Unbeaten this season v Craig Thompson :thumbsup:

Wasn't he in charge V Dundee United first game of the season?

brydekirk
27-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Everybody I was sitting was.

marinello59
27-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Come on BH, now you are at it. :greengrin

Fergus52
27-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Wasn't he in charge V Dundee United first game of the season?

yeah he was

Feed McGraw
27-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I think Messrs C. Calderwood and J. Hughes may disagree with that statement.

Well, IF they had put eleven men behind the ball even in the early part of their tenure and been " hard to beat ", they might eventually have got somewhere, like we hope Pat will eventually get there.

Col2
27-01-2013, 07:53 PM

My first ever game. Incredible game. 28 years ago? I feel old.

Col2
27-01-2013, 07:58 PM
We are picking up some points we would have lost last season and getting harder to beat.

However the form of the team has dipped and I would say confidence is medium to low. If we get Wylde and Robertson in and Claros confirmed we will get a much needed boost.

Would love another striker in. Crying out for someone like Kenny Miller who has pace and can play in wider role.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Come on BH, now you are at it. :greengrin

Yip guilty as charged lol, couldnt help that one. :greengrin

truehibernian
27-01-2013, 08:52 PM
We are picking up some points we would have lost last season and getting harder to beat.

However the form of the team has dipped and I would say confidence is medium to low. If we get Wylde and Robertson in and Claros confirmed we will get a much needed boost.

Would love another striker in. Crying out for someone like Kenny Miller who has pace and can play in wider role.

To be honest, I'd like to get Liam Craig and Scott Robertson into that midfield come next week - the strikers we have at the club are good players, however the service from midfield isn't great and the likes of Leigh and Doyle are having to drop deeper to collect the ball.

Both Craig and Robertson like to support the attack - perfect for the likes of Deegan and Claros to sit (or Taiwo), break up play and start things in midfield. Wylde is young but has bundles of energy - it would however mean Leigh could play more central and not have to drift out wide.

You can clearly see what Pat is doing in the players he is bringing in - it'll take another two windows I think, but he is building a decent squad if he gets these players in. I just hope he is thinking width and pace in summer.

Swedish hibee
27-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Well done BlackpoolHibs, on a marvellous thread :aok: