PDA

View Full Version : Petrie get it sorted mate

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 07:29 AM
IMO we need to sign three quality players and have a real go at 2nd place and getting to the SC final. It's a gamble but worth it, current squad will finish 4/5th in league, we need to gamble on getting 2nd place imo. Yams r in another cup final, the feel good factor needs to be there from the missing Hibs fans to return. Get it sorted Petrie. Our season so far has been average, let's get a few players in and make it a brilliant season

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Assuming all the rumoured deals go ahead, keeping the 3 loan players, signing Robertson and Wylde, and getting Craig on pre-contract (whilst apparently in for Daly) is very good business for January imo. We havent targeted any unknowns like we have been guilt of over the last few years, and the new guys are all SPL experienced players which is a good basis for building a team!

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 07:56 AM
We definitely need some signings do u no if rumours r true that we could have Craig now for £60k? If yes that's a shocker from Petrie

matty_f
27-01-2013, 08:01 AM
We definitely need some signings do u no if rumours r true that we could have Craig now for £60k? If yes that's a shocker from Petrie

Where is he plucking 60k from?

Ryan69
27-01-2013, 08:07 AM

If we dont pay our council like like the yams then dada....we have the 60k.

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 08:08 AM
From 1. Rent of our stadium to sfa 2. Season ticket money 3. Bank overdraft 4. Pay at the gate fans 6. Sky & ESPN money 7 advertising and sponsorship 8. Corporate cash for ER events plus many other ways.

Wilson
27-01-2013, 08:27 AM

Not really. I believe that if Claros left than the 60k would have been no brainer. As it is we have signed up a player, essentially his replacement, to come in during the summer when Claros does leave.

People might have to get used to this pro-active signing policy of Fenlon's. I get the impression he likes to be a step ahead instead of reacting late to 'shock' departures.

neil7908
27-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Assuming all the rumoured deals go ahead, keeping the 3 loan players, signing Robertson and Wylde, and getting Craig on pre-contract (whilst apparently in for Daly) is very good business for January imo. We havent targeted any unknowns like we have been guilt of over the last few years, and the new guys are all SPL experienced players which is a good basis for building a team!

I'm just a wee bit worried as there's been nothing to confirm any of these signings or even clarify the situation with Claros. Looked like deals had been done a few days ago but as time ticks on I'm getting increasingly concerned that nothing has been announced. Big, big game today and would have been good to have a player or 2 in by now. Confident something will be done this month but I wish these deals didn't drag on so long

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 08:34 AM
No idea why we always wait until last minute to sign players in any window. We have a decent 11 but that's it, the rest off our squad is made up of kids, players that are past it and carp players we need to get rid off. We should of had three good players signed b4 the Dundee game last weekend

Craig_in_Prague
27-01-2013, 08:41 AM
No idea why we always wait until last minute to sign players in any window. We have a decent 11 but that's it, the rest off our squad is made up of kids, players that are past it and carp players we need to get rid off. We should of had three good players signed b4 the Dundee game last weekend

Bigger clubs with much more money also have to be patient, its frustrating but its a player/agent market and everyone holds on till end of the window.
By all accounts Pat knows what we need and if the players which appear to be signing or have done, then we have done well this Jan.

I think some AT the club could do with a kick up the backside.to.get things going again.

Have a feeling it will be the usual today. Too deep, lethargic and hoping Leigh produces something out of nothing.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2013, 08:47 AM

Carp players? If they're spending their recretional time toying with fish no wonder they're no of the required standard...

The rest of this post and thread is just garbage. The reason for not signing players earlier in the window - for almost every club - has been described ad nauseum in other threads. It's down to players not committing until all their options are understood - they have the power, not the clubs.

Do you think we can afford a squad of say 22 full of automatic first team picks? Get real. Name one other SPL club, Celtc excepted, who could field a second string that could compete?

Don't see the point of this thread- just whinging without thinking as far as I can see. Nothing personal SH, but it just irritates me.

.Sean.
27-01-2013, 08:52 AM
We still need a striker.

cocopops1875
27-01-2013, 08:56 AM

You Honestly think we should have/were ever going to sign 3 players on top of securing the 3 loanees :confused:

Judas Iscariot
27-01-2013, 08:57 AM
From 1. Rent of our stadium to sfa 2. Season ticket money 3. Bank overdraft 4. Pay at the gate fans 6. Sky & ESPN money 7 advertising and sponsorship 8. Corporate cash for ER events plus many other ways.

Wow!!

Some radical, straight outta left field ideas there!!

I'd fire off my CV to the Tache if I was you :aok:

SMAXXA
27-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Carp players? If they're spending their recretional time toying with fish no wonder they're no of the required standard...

The rest of this post and thread is just garbage. The reason for not signing players earlier in the window - for almost every club - has been described ad nauseum in other threads. It's down to players not committing until all their options are understood - they have the power, not the clubs.

Do you think we can afford a squad of say 22 full of automatic first team picks? Get real. Name one other SPL club, Celtc excepted, who could field a second string that could compete?

Don't see the point of this thread- just whinging without thinking as far as I can see. Nothing personal SH, but it just irritates me.

Inclined to agree with this. Also the funding mentioned previously will have been earmarked for the BAU running of the club aside from probs half season tickets. At a push renting ER out yest too

cocopops1875
27-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Wow!!

Im shocked Rod has not thought of these money making avenues :confused: Have we spent years talking up his financial skills only to find out he has in fact been missing out on simple things like TV money and Season ticket sales :greengrin

AberdreamHibee
27-01-2013, 09:07 AM
We need to keep it within our means though!

I think we should all be very, very happy with the way the window has gone so far, never would have dreamed of us keeping all 3 loans never mind extras coming in on top so think we should all be very, very happy.

More would be nice, but only if we can afford it.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 09:14 AM
SH you missed one other revenue stream, with all these carp players surely we must have money coming in from fishing licences?

Iceman1875
27-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm delighted who we are stronly linked with and have signed the 3 loanees up until the end of the season but I'm a little bit disappointed Kujabi, Kuqi and Galbraith for starters are still here! Granted there gash but surely Petrie can influence someone to take them off our hands?! :D

Fergus52
27-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Can't remember the last time I saw "get it sorted Petrie" used non-ironically :greengrin

It lightened up my day a bit

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm just a wee bit worried as there's been nothing to confirm any of these signings or even clarify the situation with Claros. Looked like deals had been done a few days ago but as time ticks on I'm getting increasingly concerned that nothing has been announced. Big, big game today and would have been good to have a player or 2 in by now. Confident something will be done this month but I wish these deals didn't drag on so long

Maybe the deals are just being finalised, or they are waiting until after this game to announce them (maybe if we get beat it will give the fans a lift, although a bit of a negative way of thinking). I agree it can be frustrating waiting for players being unveiled when it seems like the deal is done, but based on the information that has come about from various sources (the club that owns Claros, Wyldes manager at Bury etc), Id be fairly confident they will all be joining/staying at Hibs.

I dont think thats really been true of this window though has it. Fenlon made it clear that his priorities were to keep Griffiths, McGivern and Claros. Exceeding probably everyones expectations, it appears we have managed that. He also moved on Sproule, whilst Galbraith and Kujabi have been told they can find other clubs (all guys that werent getting games, so sensible), whilst we seem to have got Robertson signed up on a decent contract and Wylde on a loan. Id say thats brilliant business compared to most SPL clubs. Are you expecting another 3 players on top of what we have, in January?

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Wow!!

Just stating the obvious mate to answer a previous post

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 11:29 AM
SH you missed one other revenue stream, with all these carp players surely we must have money coming in from fishing licences?

I`'ll sure the Tache is on it already mate

The Green Goblin
27-01-2013, 12:17 PM

Yes, and who better to arrange fishing licences than "Rod" Petrie...

sesoim
27-01-2013, 04:08 PM
We still need a striker.

I think a few more central midfielders who can't run, score or create any chances is our priority at the moment. We haven't signed enough like that over the last six years.

sesoim
27-01-2013, 04:15 PM
IMO we need to sign three quality players and have a real go at 2nd place and getting to the SC final. It's a gamble but worth it, current squad will finish 4/5th in league, we need to gamble on getting 2nd place imo. Yams r in another cup final, the feel good factor needs to be there from the missing Hibs fans to return. Get it sorted Petrie. Our season so far has been average, let's get a few players in and make it a brilliant season

I haven't checked the payments but if you finish second you usually get a much bigger chunk of money than you do if you finish second. I agree we should be going for it, because once Rangers are back we might as well forget ever finishing that high again - Petrie will sell any of our players if they look like getting us that high.

A reliable RW, a pacey attacking midfielder (who score goals) and a striker who is good foil for Griffiths would be the types I'd want (the defence can wait till the summer), but Fenlon seems to see the team differently to how I or most of the rest of us see it.

Alfred E Newman
27-01-2013, 04:26 PM
If Craig is available now then Claros should be allowed to go back to his club.

Vini1875
27-01-2013, 04:35 PM
No way the present squad will finish 4th in my opinion unless the luck we carried at the beginning of the season returns very very soon. That game today was murder to watch, because we are creating so little. Its good that we are hard to beat, but carry so little threat going forward at the moment. The players seem to struggle to get up for games which is where a wee rest and fresh personnel really helps, unfortunately PF does not have the depth of squad to do this.

greenteam
27-01-2013, 04:50 PM
jeez lads, im just happy we are competing at the top. wait and see how good we are next season. i think we can win the league if we can get over our dum ass attitude:flag:

Famous5forever
27-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Am no a petrie fan but to be fair to him he said it loud and clear at the AGM That their will be nae more doe to spend on players unless crowds go up to around the 12k mark at every home game we have lost a million pounds each of the last 2 seasons and that cannae continue.

SouthamptonHibs
27-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Am no a petrie fan but to be fair to him he said it loud and clear at the AGM That their will be nae more doe to spend on players unless crowds go up to around the 12k mark at every home game we have lost a million pounds each of the last 2 seasons and that cannae continue.

I think we are stuck in the Chicken and Egg scenario!
If we don't sign a couple of creative quality players to help us improve our league position and have a good go at winning the cup the missing fans won't come back. Watching today's game must have put of a few folk from buying tickets next weekend's game!
Defensively we were pretty good but going forward we created near enough nothing all game.

It's been a while since we've scored 2 & 3 goals in a game! In our last 11 games we have only scored 2 goals in one of they games (3-2 defeat to well)

this is a massive week for Hibs, end of transfer window, a league game that we need to pick up 3 points followed by a must win cup game.

Hail Hail

Phil D. Rolls
28-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Ah'm willing to sell cakes from a tray. I don't know if I can raise the 60k to pay for Craig, but I'll give it a right good go!

Hibbyradge
28-01-2013, 11:26 AM

£60k to get a player 3 months early?

That's probably more than double what we're paying him.

It would be knee jerk stupidity to do that.

Gatecrasher
28-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I think we are stuck in the Chicken and Egg scenario!
If we don't sign a couple of creative quality players to help us improve our league position and have a good go at winning the cup the missing fans won't come back. Watching today's game must have put of a few folk from buying tickets next weekend's game!
Defensively we were pretty good but going forward we created near enough nothing all game.

It's been a while since we've scored 2 & 3 goals in a game! In our last 11 games we have only scored 2 goals in one of they games (3-2 defeat to well)

this is a massive week for Hibs, end of transfer window, a league game that we need to pick up 3 points followed by a must win cup game.

Hail Hail
I don't think we are in a chicken and egg scenario (is anyone else tired of reading that?) at all. Hibs have done pretty much everything the fans have asked off since the summer, other than a few bad results (which will happen to most teams through out a season) we have done pretty well. Top 3 finish is well in reach a good cup tie against Aberdeen coming up and signing players that have improved our team and strength. YES there is still work to be done but Fenlon has showed he is capable of turning us around and can be trusted with what money we have to spend. It's not going to happen in 6 months, but we are a better team than last season.

Ozyhibby
28-01-2013, 11:33 AM

Agree. For 60k we could loan a far better player from the EPL for 3 months.

SouthamptonHibs
28-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Depends! League position is good, a few points of second and we have a home game v sheep in the cup, £60k would be a great investment if it helps us finish second and maybe win the cup. Come the summer we are going to loose Leigh and McGivern, it's another rebuilding summer for us ahead. We r in a great position just now, by if we go out and sign a few quality players we`d finish the season on a high imo. Signed Robbo today another two players required in this Jan window

WindyMiller
28-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Depends! League position is good, a few points of second and we have a home game v sheep in the cup, £60k would be a great investment if it helps us finish second and maybe win the cup. Come the summer we are going to loose Leigh and McGivern, it's another rebuilding summer for us ahead. We r in a great position just now, by if we go out and sign a few quality players we`d finish the season on a high imo. Signed Robbo today another two players required in this Jan window

Were did you get the £60k from?

SouthamptonHibs
28-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Were did you get the £60k from?

Can`t remember if it's from a previous thread or rumour through my Hibs mates

WindyMiller
28-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Can`t remember if it's from a previous thread or rumour through my Hibs mates

Cheers.

Hibrandenburg
28-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Ah'm willing to sell cakes from a tray. I don't know if I can raise the 60k to pay for Craig, but I'll give it a right good go!

Not Hibs class FR. We need Amsterdam Hibs to sell some Brownies and they'll go like......er......hot Brownies from Amsterdam?