PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?? (Griffiths)

Pages : [1] 2

kj79
27-01-2013, 02:03 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4765167/Leigh-Griffiths-nicked-over-theft-from-Tesco.html

:confused::confused::confused:

Jamesie
27-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Really hope there's nothing in this. It will be interesting to see if he plays this lunchtime.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-01-2013, 02:18 AM
Really hope there's nothing in this. It will be interesting to see if he plays this lunchtime.

There isn't.

Vicious rumour started on twitter with ZERO facts or backing to them.

Lazy journalism from The Sun (shock, horror)

Nothing to see here, move along

cockneymike
27-01-2013, 02:20 AM

Agree, unfortunately whether true or not, he seems to be a lad that keeps ending up in silly situations. Anyway let's hope there's nothing in it and he can bag a few goals at Pittodrie to change the headlines!

frazeHFC
27-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Horrific article too. Any need to mention his girlfriend etc, woeful as ever by the Sun.

givescotlandfreedom
27-01-2013, 02:27 AM
Leigh's got a lot of mouths to feed, I'd forgive him for having a wee chore.

1two
27-01-2013, 03:23 AM
It's confirming he's been charged so there is something in it?

Leishy1995
27-01-2013, 03:25 AM
To all your pleasure, Leigh has tweeted "I've not been caught shoplifting" and he was taken back in to look at CCTV before being let away because it was a misunderstanding. He will also be playing if picked tomorrow.

Well done the Sun

Pretty Boy
27-01-2013, 06:23 AM
My initial instinct was the story was a load of Pish.

However direct quotes there from a Hibs Spokesman and the Police makes me worry otherwise.

If its not true then and they have made up quoted from a supposed spokesman then Hibs should take this all the way.

broomie hibs
27-01-2013, 06:33 AM
sad times when your on superstar wages and you feel the need for a bit of a chore , they do say that its a craving for excitement that must be lacking elsewhere in his life .

Tricla
27-01-2013, 06:47 AM
If this turns out to be a pish story then Hibs & Lee should and surely will sue the cretins.

Bleeds green
27-01-2013, 07:56 AM
So is it true or is it a bull**** story? Quotes from the police to say a man has been arrested do seen to point it has substance that doesn't mean he did anything

Betty Boop
27-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Similar article in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-star-leigh-griffiths-charged-1558239

VickMackie
27-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Similar article in the Record.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-star-leigh-griffiths-charged-1558239

The type of implied journalism pisses me off. He was due to be leaving on the team bus but it doesnt state whether he did or not. Trying to fill a word quota.

HFC07
27-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I hope this is not true... but im starting to doubt.
This was the last thing we need today, leigh's mind is not going to be on the game.

frecking silly laddie if he has done it

hibsbollah
27-01-2013, 08:18 AM
'lot of bull****! So yous can all take your rumours to ****!'

He used to be quite funny on twitter, in the face of massive provocation. Now he just sounds like a bellend.

Time to step away from the keyboard Sparky.

TowerHibs
27-01-2013, 08:43 AM
I had 2threads deleted yesterday about this. I've had this confirmed by 4 Tesco staff who were involved in the incident and other customers.

Griffiths got involved in a twitter arguement with the guy on the terrace @terracepodcast last night.

Threads were deleted because no fact yet we allow nonsense transfer stories every week and I confirmed how I came about this info. Griffiths may deny it but he is a clown who gets him into these situations. If he willingly went back to look at cctv why were there 4 guys onto of him during the incident????

Beefster
27-01-2013, 08:52 AM
If this turns out to be a pish story then Hibs & Lee should and surely will sue the cretins.

I would hope so, if not true.

I had 2threads deleted yesterday about this. I've had this confirmed by 4 Tesco staff who were involved in the incident and other customers.

Griffiths got involved in a twitter arguement with the guy on the terrace @terracepodcast last night.

Threads were deleted because no fact yet we allow nonsense transfer stories every week and I confirmed how I came about this info. Griffiths may deny it but he is a clown who gets him into these situations. If he willingly went back to look at cctv why were there 4 guys onto of him during the incident????

There's a wee bit of difference between some transfer gossip and accusing someone of theft second-hand.

Hibs Class
27-01-2013, 08:58 AM

If you have already had two threads deleted on this topic then maybe you should take the hint. And if you cannot see the difference between a transfer rumour and a potentially libellous allegation then I am not surprised that you may just be gullible enough to Hoover up what 4 Tesco staff tell you without question.

hibbiedon
27-01-2013, 09:06 AM
I for one am getting sick and tired of these types of stories in the two papers sun & record, I stopped buying the record when cameron backed mercer as for the sun I have occasionally bought it but from today it will never be purchased by me again. maybe if every other Hibs fan stopped buying them they might get the message

Jim44
27-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I for one am getting sick and tired of these types of stories in the two papers sun & record, I stopped buying the record when cameron backed mercer as for the sun I have occasionally bought it but from today it will never be purchased by me again. maybe if every other Hibs fan stopped buying them they might get the message

They'll be shaking in their shoes at the thought of all Hibbys stopping buying their rag.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 09:20 AM

There is safety in numbers! If you are stopped by a store detective or a security guard and feel that they have made a mistake you may get angry, raise your voice or show some aggressive body language which in many cases alerts other staff members who come to assist.

chinaman
27-01-2013, 09:43 AM
sad times when your on superstar wages and you feel the need for a bit of a chore , they do say that its a craving for excitement that must be lacking elsewhere in his life . yam alert

KeithTheHibby
27-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Well so says that ginger welt Barry Anderson of the EEN on twitter less than 20 minutes ago.

Benny Brazil
27-01-2013, 09:55 AM
sad times when your on superstar wages and you feel the need for a bit of a chore , they do say that its a craving for excitement that must be lacking elsewhere in his life .

Hibs pay superstar wages?? Petrie get it sorted - I want Messi and RVP signed asap!!

TowerHibs
27-01-2013, 09:58 AM
If you have already had two threads deleted on this topic then maybe you should take the hint. And if you cannot see the difference between a transfer rumour and a potentially libellous allegation then I am not surprised that you may just be gullible enough to Hoover up what 4 Tesco staff tell you without question.[/

the transfer comment was more tongue and cheek.

Fair enough but I'm going to believe eyewitnesses who are good friends just now. Looks like national newspapers are willing to risk liable action too based on their sources. I hope it's not true, love him as a player but it's another bad story in the press about him and this is harmful to the team. PF must be tearing his hair out

greenginger
27-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Well so says that ginger welt Barry Anderson of the EEN on twitter less than 20 minutes ago.

Hibs player shoplifting in Tesco ? big news

Yam owner money laundering for the Russian Mafia - not a mention !

Barry Anderson, a journalist ? never in a month of Sundays.

GoldenEagle
27-01-2013, 10:08 AM
He steals, tweets and rides when he wants

Green&White
27-01-2013, 10:09 AM
a load of tosh. he shops in asda!! :greengrin

hibbiedon
27-01-2013, 10:13 AM
If you have already had two threads deleted on this topic then maybe you should take the hint. And if you cannot see the difference between a transfer rumour and a potentially libellous allegation then I am not surprised that you may just be gullible enough to Hoover up what 4 Tesco staff tell you without question.

Maybe desperate to slag a Hibs player ?

Bishop Hibee
27-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I posted on here after the "go back to your own country" tweet that we should have let Griffiths go. These allegations do nothing to make me change my mind. A great player but no player should be allowed to drag the reputation of the club down.

Hibs90
27-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Leigh has said on twitter and I quote:

" Not been caught shoplifting at all! Lot of bull****! So you's can all take your rumours to ****! #aberdeenbound "
" Iv been caught shoplifting but I'm tweeting? Pretty sure I'd be in a cell??? Think about it! #hugemisunderstanding "
" got taken to the back, asked about it, looked on CCTV and I was away, simple as that! #peoplewilltalk #shambles "
" something over nothing! Exactly!! Why would I tweet u to say otherwise? "

So it's bull****.

Hibs90
27-01-2013, 10:17 AM
I posted on here after the "go back to your own country" tweet that we should have let Griffiths go. These allegations do nothing to make me change my mind. A great player but no player should be allowed to drag the reputation of the club down.

What allegations? He's come out and said it never happened.

SMAXXA
27-01-2013, 10:19 AM

Not sure he's dragging our reputation down, maybe his own yes but he's a Wolves player just killing s few months at Hibs ;-)

Don't agree we should have got rid, we can't give up quality like his, not as if his actions have been of the Thomson and Goodwillie type level. Not justifying his misdemeanours, he's a silly lad but would defo still keep him.

clerriehibs
27-01-2013, 10:20 AM

"they" do, do they.

Rather than come up with a fishwife comment, post something constructive, eh?

macca70
27-01-2013, 10:20 AM

" Not been caught shoplifting at all! Lot of bull****! So you's can all take your rumours to ****! #aberdeenbound "
" Iv been caught shoplifting but I'm tweeting? Pretty sure I'd be in a cell??? Think about it! #hugemisunderstanding "
" got taken to the back, asked about it, looked on CCTV and I was away, simple as that! #peoplewilltalk #shambles "

So it's bull****.

How can it be bull**** if there is a quote from Lothian and Borders Police stating he was charged?

Mr White
27-01-2013, 10:23 AM
While I really hope this is just a misunderstanding for leigh and the club's sake, it is worrying that all the reports this morning carry quotes from the club saying its now a police matter so can't comment further and from the police saying a man was charged. A new level of daft if this is true.

SMAXXA

So it's bull****.

Anyone know what he was supposed to have allegedly nicked?

clerriehibs

Why wpuld you let an allegation form your opinion either way? Do you believe in the lynch mob?

Del Boy
27-01-2013, 10:24 AM
How can it be bull**** if there is a quote from Lothian and Borders Police stating he was charged?

Exactly, accuse me of lacking loyalty but think ill take the police's word over Leigh griffiths. Great player but let's be honest he is a tube.

s.a.m
27-01-2013, 10:25 AM

Durex, hopefully.

EdinMike

Have you tried the new Kit-Kat Chunky Mint !! :wink:

Golden Bear
If he had been charged then I'm surprised that Hibs took him up to Aberdeen on the same day. The discipline should have started there and then which is why I think the story will hopefully prove to be nonsense.

GlenrothesHibee
27-01-2013, 10:27 AM
He's a thieving, racist, sex addicted goal machine. Got all the credentials to play for Chelsea:top marks

Hibs90

It said a 22 year old man was charged. Never said Sparky was. Could have been anyone. Or The Sun could be lying.

Exactly, accuse me of lacking loyalty but think ill take the police's word over Leigh griffiths. Great player but let's be honest he is a tube.

No thanks.

TowerHibs
Maybe desperate to slag a Hibs player ?
Not my intention. Quotes from police and hibs confirming the confirming incident and charge

Mr White
27-01-2013, 10:28 AM
If he had been charged then I'm surprised that Hibs took him up to Aberdeen on the same day. The discipline should have started there and then which is why I think the story will hopefully prove to be nonsense.

Difficult for an employer to start disciplinary procedures till employee convicted though?

macca70

Last night Lothian and Borders Police said: “A 22-year-old man was arrested and charged in connection with an alleged shoplifting incident in Edinburgh on January 26.
“He will appear at court at a later date.”

hibs4thecup1988
Durex, hopefully.

:top marks:faf:

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 10:29 AM
It said a 22 year old man was charged. Never said Sparky was. Could have been anyone. Or The Sun could be lying.

No thanks.

Now where have I heard that before.

clerriehibs
27-01-2013, 10:32 AM

Did he do anything about yesterday's actual story, ie the yams defaulting on tax to the council?

Mr White
27-01-2013, 10:34 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21219687
Not just the sun though.
Sorry don't know how to link properly on my phone, its on the sport Scotland front page though.

macca70
27-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Probably not paid for a couple of bottles of Lucozade due to incompetence at trying to operate the Self Service check outs.

Probably huckled him as he's leaving, caused a fracas and now its being made out that he tried to walk out with a 60 inch 3D telly!!

Pretty Boy
27-01-2013, 10:35 AM

A 4 pack of Lucozade supposedly.

It would seem strange for Leigh to deny this if there is anything in it. He must know any court case would be all over the press so such strenuous denials would seem silly unless he's 100% telling the truth or really stupid.

clerriehibs
27-01-2013, 10:35 AM
He's a thieving, racist, sex addicted goal machine. Got all the credentials to play for Chelsea:top marks

You still here?

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Probably not paid for a couple of bottles of Lucozade due to incompetence at trying to operate the Self Service check outs.

Probably huckled him as he's leaving, caused a fracas and now its being made out that he tried to walk out with a 60 inch 3D telly!!

That was just before Christmas a guy tried to do a runner with a very large TV, it wasn't Leigh though :greengrin

macca70
27-01-2013, 10:37 AM
That was just before Christmas a guy tried to do a runner with a very large TV, it wasn't Leigh though :greengrin

Must have been GOC then.

Hibs90
27-01-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21219687
Not just the sun though.
Sorry don't know how to link properly on my phone, its on the sport Scotland front page though.

I must stress yet again, it says a 22 year old man was arrested and charged. That could be anyone. Doesn't mean it's Griffiths.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Must have been GOC then.

Read again I said do a "runner" that eliminates GOC from all enquiries.

macca70
27-01-2013, 10:41 AM
How can you be charged with alleged shoplifting?

Surely the police couldn't charge him unless they have enough evidence.

AL-Qaholik
27-01-2013, 10:41 AM
My old man works in that Tesco & saw the whole thing kicking off. He was in with a bunch of rather dodgy looking mates. They were caught shoplifting and Leigh was stopped along with them - he, however, was able to produce a receipt for the items he had in his possession when requested. Lazy/agenda journalism at it's most blatant...

Mr White
27-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I must stress yet again, it says a 22 year old man was arrested and charged. That could be anyone. Doesn't mean it's Griffiths.

That's true but the title of the article says Scotland star charged with shoplifting which suggests there is some truth to this unfortunately. The quotes from the club saying no comment as its a police matter back up the reports that he has indeed been charged.

Billy McKirdy
It's on the BBC sport pages now wtf??
typical Glasgow journalism, they sometimes don't update Hibs news on that page at all..ect Claros loan extended..and so on..but any excuse to have a dig at the club or players and they are right in there....no delay..whether he stole from that shop or not is not what I'm talking about, it's the collective efforts of the weegie press to consistently undermine what happens with our club which pisses me off..raging!!:confused:

Hainan Hibs
Would prefer not to have him beyond the end of the season unless he starts shopping in Hibs Class Waitrose.

macca70
27-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Lol, you seriously questioning if the 22 year old being referred to is Leigh Griffiths?

Del Boy
27-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Would prefer not to have him beyond the end of the season unless he starts shopping in Hibs Class Waitrose.

Ha ha!! Class!

Deek01
27-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Should have stated to the police his name was spelt "Johnston", Always works...

Hibs90
27-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Lol, you seriously questioning if the 22 year old being referred to is Leigh Griffiths?

How do you know it wasn't someone he was with?

Mr White
27-01-2013, 10:51 AM

That is a possibility that could explain hibs comments I suppose, hopefully that is the case rather than LG being charged.

Keith_M
27-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Going by the content of the rest of the story, either Nappies or Condoms.

Cabbage East
27-01-2013, 10:53 AM

Aye.

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 10:59 AM
My old man works in that Tesco & saw the whole thing kicking off. He was in with a bunch of rather dodgy looking mates. They were caught shoplifting and Leigh was stopped along with them - he, however, was able to produce a receipt for the items he had in his possession when requested. Lazy/agenda journalism at it's most blatant...

And there we have it- hopefully.

Del Boy
27-01-2013, 11:00 AM
What Tesco was it?

macca70
27-01-2013, 11:01 AM

So why didn't he just Tweet 'for avoidance of any doubt, I haven't been charged with shoplifting and had my receipt as proof of purchase'

macca70
27-01-2013, 11:01 AM
What Tesco was it?

Corstorphine

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 11:02 AM
How can you be charged with alleged shoplifting?

Surely the police couldn't charge him unless they have enough evidence.

He hasn't been (the 22 year old who ever he is) you need to read the quote again. He has been charged with a shoplifiting offence, they will say alleged because it's not been proved yet.

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 11:05 AM
A player on 5k or so a week stealing a 4 pack of Lucozade from Tescos?

*Sniff Sniff*

I hope all the people calling him a "thief" are prepared to eat their words and issue an apology to him personally.

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Difficult for an employer to start disciplinary procedures till employee convicted though?

Hibs could have suspended him pending the result of their own internal enquiries. The fact that they didn't suggests to me that he's innocent.

carnoustiehibee
27-01-2013, 11:11 AM
So why didn't he just Tweet 'for avoidance of any doubt, I haven't been charged with shoplifting and had my receipt as proof of purchase'

exactly, thats where Griffiths fails and maybe some sort of media training should be given. Im sure they do it at clubs down south

Jim44
27-01-2013, 11:14 AM

*Sniff Sniff*

I hope all the people calling him a "thief" are prepared to eat their words and issue an apology to him personally.

The wealth of the accused or the value of the alleged goods is irrelevant in shoplifting scenarios.

ScottB
27-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Ultimately he should have been made to delete his twitter after his recent escapades. Regardless of circumstance he is once again making the club look bad.

Never mind damaging his chances of getting a big move in the future, he's damaging his chances of having any club at all come the summer if he keeps this level of nonsense up.

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 11:19 AM
The wealth of the accused or the value of the alleged goods is irrelevant in shoplifting scenarios.

Nonsense.

If you make a lot of money and you're "accused" or "alleged" to have stolen something at the value of a couple of quid, it most likely never happened.

The clue that it didn't happen are in those 2 words quoted. Wouldn't be like the media to try and upset a Hibs player before a big game. It's not like it's ever happened before.... :rolleyes:

Mr White
27-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Aye John terrys maw can't be short of cash after all.

Radium
27-01-2013, 11:21 AM

Wrong

http://www.fife.police.uk/pdf/sop_FormalAdultWarningScheme.pdf

brog
27-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Lets hope he nicks a couple of goals today!!

broomie hibs
27-01-2013, 11:27 AM
"they" do, do they.

Rather than come up with a fishwife comment, post something constructive, eh?

Yeah 'they' do ! its like bored housewife syndrome whos not getting any at home and so supplements it with a bit of 'now you see it now you dont ' down at her local rajas , ' not that we could put leigh in the frustrated on the sex front category ' but the point remains if he has to indulge in fairly trivial shenanigans to get his kicks when not 'working' on 5k a week then something is clearly not right .

Now something constructive ehhh how about he keeps his hands in his pockets when going past the lucozade shelf !

If we didnt like a gibber we wouldnt be here = we are all fishwives my friend yeah even you !

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah 'they' do ! its like bored housewife syndrome whos not getting any at home and so supplements it with a bit of 'now you see it now you dont ' down at her local rajas , ' not that we could put leigh in the frustrated on the sex front category ' but the point remains if he has to indulge in fairly trivial shenanigans to get his kicks when not 'working' on 5k a week then something is clearly not right .

Now something constructive ehhh how about he keeps his hands in his pockets when going past the lucozade shelf !

If we didnt like a gibber we wouldnt be here = we are all fishwives my friend yeah even you !

Where you there to actually see him steal anything?

Or are you basing this "alleged" incident as FACT, without really knowing if its true or not?

Spike Mandela
27-01-2013, 11:33 AM

*Sniff Sniff*

Every little helps!

patch1875
27-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Obviously not doing his homework lucozade is buy 1 get 1 free in scotmid

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Every little helps!

Aye, very clever! :greengrin

broomie hibs
27-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Where you there to actually see him steal anything?

Or are you basing this "alleged" incident as FACT, without really knowing if its true or not?

Nah am just gibbering about alleged thievery on the internet is that allowed ?

Beefster
27-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Nonsense.

If you make a lot of money and you're "accused" or "alleged" to have stolen something at the value of a couple of quid, it most likely never happened.

The clue that it didn't happen are in those 2 words quoted. Wouldn't be like the media to try and upset a Hibs player before a big game. It's not like it's ever happened before.... :rolleyes:

That's pish, by the way. I know one guy, who earned in excess of £100k pa, whose missus was nicked for shoplifting on quite a few occasions.

There are plenty of folk that shoplift for reasons other than they're skint.

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 11:59 AM
That's pish, by the way. I know one guy, who earned in excess of £100k pa, whose missus was nicked for shoplifting on quite a few occasions.

Was she stealing a 4x pack of Lucozade from Tesco though? Or perhaps something a bit more up market?

I honestly can't see the motive he would have to steal something of such little value. I don't buy into the idea that he was simply bored. That's just nonsense.

RIP
27-01-2013, 12:02 PM
I was more surprised that management are still happy he's posting on Twitter tbh

Beefster
27-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Was she stealing a 4x pack of Lucozade from Tesco though? Or perhaps something a bit more up market?

I honestly can't see the motive he would have to steal something of such little value. I don't buy into the idea that he was simply bored. That's just nonsense.

No, you're absolutely right, it wasn't multipacks of Lucozade. It was stuff like chocolate biscuits. I'm fairly sure Tesco was involved at least once though.

You know best though.

J-C
27-01-2013, 12:05 PM

Was he charged with shoplifting or maybe charged with giving verbals to the Tesco staff for accusing him of it. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Exactly, thousands of people shoplift, some take very small items that they can easily afford and have no reason to steal. Others go regularly into the same shops, purchase several items and steal other items at the same time. I could write a book!

Hibercelona
27-01-2013, 12:07 PM
No, you're absolutely right, it wasn't multipacks of Lucozade. It was stuff like chocolate biscuits. I'm fairly sure Tesco was involved at least once though.

You know best though.

I only base my knowledge on common sense. Something that few people on here seem to do. :rolleyes:

Beefster
27-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Was he charged with shoplifting or maybe charged with giving verbals to the Tesco staff for accusing him of it. :wink:

If that was the case, would they not say it was in connection with a breach of the peace rather than a shoplifting incident?

Beefster
27-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I only base my knowledge on common sense. Something that few people on here seem to do. :rolleyes:

I'm basing my knowledge on actual fact.

J-C

I think he did tweet that but without the receipt bit, pretty sure he's not going to mention that his mate got lifted and not him, mates tend to stick together.

Pretty Boy

What common sense?

You seem to be arguing people only shoplift what they can't afford which is bollocks quite frankly. People shoplift for a whole host of reasons and if Leigh did or didn't do anything, I'm pretty sure finances had no bearing on it.

J-C
27-01-2013, 12:12 PM
If that was the case, would they not say it was in connection with a breach of the peace rather than a shoplifting incident?

Maybe as someone has stated in another post that his father works there and Leigh produced receipt for his goods and maybe it was one of his mates who was arrested, reading all posts beforehand is handy when posting. :confused:

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 12:14 PM
What common sense?

You seem to be arguing people only shoplift what they can't afford which is bollocks quite frankly. People shoplift for a whole host of reasons and if Leigh did or didn't do anything, I'm pretty sure finances had no bearing on it.

:agree:

The word kleptomania springs to mind.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Wrong

http://www.fife.police.uk/pdf/sop_FormalAdultWarningScheme.pdf

Wrong!

His statement was correct in referring to shoplifters, you have dragged up a piece which basically outlines the approach the Police may take when dealing with shoplifters.

Beefster
27-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe as someone has stated in another post that his father works there and Leigh produced receipt for his goods and maybe it was one of his mates who was arrested, reading all posts beforehand is handy when posting. :confused:

I've read the entire thread and there seems to be confusion/a lack of knowledge about what has actually happened. It was a genuine question that I didn't think deserve a minor tantrum but hey ho.

Houchy
27-01-2013, 12:16 PM
He has previous though... he was once caught stealing fireworks... but they let him off!!! I'll get my coat:greengrin:

Jim44
27-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Nonsense.

No it's not nonsense. I won't waste my breath explaining how wrong you are as others already have. More importantly however let me say that my comment did not infer in any way that I thought. Griffiths was guilty as you somehow seem to think I did.

J-C
27-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I've read the entire thread and there seems to be confusion/a lack of knowledge about what has actually happened. It was a genuine question that I didn't think deserve a minor tantrum but hey ho.

Posted on the previous page( #61 ), should be the end of the matter now.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 12:18 PM

You can still be charged in relation to a shoplifting incident even if you didn't actually take anything! Lets say we go in together to a shop, you distract the assistant or stand in front of me to shield what I am doing and we both leave the shop, I have the goods but we both get caught, you get knicked as well.
And before anyone questions this it's fact and has happened on many occasions.

MSK
27-01-2013, 12:20 PM
He has previous though... he was once caught stealing fireworks... but they let him off!!! I'll get my coat:greengrin:Oh thats bad ...:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
27-01-2013, 12:20 PM

Has he reported on Hearts' £56k debt to the council that someone tweeted him about or does their cheating their way to another final not important compared to an argument over a packet of pampers and 12 chicken nuggets?

Houchy
27-01-2013, 12:22 PM
When I first saw the thread name, I thought it was relating to Kuqi starting.

Beefster
27-01-2013, 12:24 PM
You can still be charged in relation to a shoplifting incident even if you didn't actually take anything! Lets say we go in together to a shop, you distract the assistant or stand in front of me to shield what I am doing and we both leave the shop, I have the goods but we both get caught, you get knicked as well.

Thanks. Answers my question perfectly.

NOLA
27-01-2013, 12:27 PM
He steals, tweets and rides when he wants
And scores for fun ;)

NOLA
27-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Winona ryder liked a wee chorry

NOLA
27-01-2013, 12:31 PM
When I first saw the thread name, I thought it was relating to Kuqi starting.
I thought this kuqi radge was a mythical creature

Caversham Green
27-01-2013, 12:55 PM
He has previous though... he was once caught stealing fireworks... but they let him off!!! I'll get my coat:greengrin:

Nicked a car battery too - he was charged for that one.

clerriehibs
27-01-2013, 01:03 PM

You could have stopped there.

Chibs
27-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Are you a shoplifter by any chance?
You seem to know a great deal about said occupation.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Nicked a car battery too - he was charged for that one.

Also stole a ship and ended up in the dock.

francobaresi
27-01-2013, 01:14 PM
This is a huge discipline issue for me and Hibs have had it for long enough. If you get into trouble then you leave the club, don't need you bringing our name into disrepute. We need to apply some tough love or we're always going to be stagnating in the pond that is Scottish Football... IMHO...,

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Evening News say police have confirmed Griffiths has been charged.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Are you a shoplifter by any chance?
You seem to know a great deal about said occupation.

No not quite!

WindyMiller
27-01-2013, 02:32 PM

HIBS striker Leigh Griffiths is understood

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2013, 02:39 PM

Their twitter feed said police confirmed.

WindyMiller
27-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Their twitter feed said police confirmed a 22 year old had been charged.

edited

1two
27-01-2013, 03:18 PM
edited

Correct, that is the quote
But Leigh Griffith has been charged!

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 03:38 PM
The days of the Club acting as some sort of Social Work department for lost souls should be finished. If LG was charged yesterday then Petrie should have told him he was not travelling north with the team.

Hopefully the stories are unfounded.

silverhibee
27-01-2013, 04:18 PM
No not quite!

I read somewhere that 90% of CCTV in the UK is illegal. :wink: :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote from twitter is:
"@edinburghpaper: Police confirm Hibs stiker Leigh Griffiths has been charged over alleged shoplifting incident"

silverhibee
27-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote from twitter is:
"@edinburghpaper: Police confirm Hibs stiker Leigh Griffiths has been charged over alleged shoplifting incident"

BBC Quote, "Griffiths is likely to appear in court at a later date".

Still all a bit puzzling if he has been charged or not.

Scouse Hibee
27-01-2013, 04:45 PM
I read somewhere that 90% of CCTV in the UK is illegal. :wink: :greengrin

Not enough people challenge the evidence, just because they've got you on CCTV doesn't mean you can't get off!

silverhibee
27-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Not enough people challenge the evidence, just because they've got you on CCTV doesn't mean you can't get off!

Yep, it was a very interesting article i read about it. :aok:

Beefster
27-01-2013, 05:36 PM
On the plus side, it's the second time that Griffiths has been in the BBC's top ten news stories in the past fortnight. Public recognition will be hitting Beckham levels if he keeps this up.

hungryhibs
27-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Yep, it was a very interesting article i read about it. :aok:

i got in to a fight some 4 years ago someone hit my brother so a went to the guys door and hut him rolled about with him and his mates which was caught on cctv and it went to court u could see clear as day it was me and that it was me who started it after he hit my brother i got of because i challenged it a must say it was good as he was a dirty jambo to :greengrin

East Coast Hibe
27-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I have defended Griffiths so far with all the nonsense he has got involved with.

IF this proves to be true - I think we need to empty him out asap. He will have embarrassed the club once too often for me.

No player is bigger than the club

Mr White
27-01-2013, 06:00 PM
I have defended Griffiths so far with all the nonsense he has got involved with.

IF this proves to be true - I think we need to empty him out asap. He will have embarrassed the club once too often for me.

I'd agree with that if he is convicted of this but till then he's innocent and it'd be wrong for the club to pre-judge the outcome of the case.

clerriehibs
27-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote from twitter is:

I can't be ersed reading that rag anymore, but I assume it hasn't yet run with the weekend's news story that does affect most Edinburgh residents, i.e. a business that doesn't bother to pay its local taxes, and a council that doesn't appear to be chasing said business?

East Coast Hibe
27-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I just heard from a guy I know who is an area manager at Tesco. Griffiths wasn't charged for shoplifting BUT he may be charged with breach of the peace. There was a problem at the self scanner and one of his items didn't scan, some security guard grabbed him and there was a scuffle. Both MAY be charged with a breach of the peace. They are happy that Griffiths NEVER stole anything.

Biggie
27-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I can't be ersed reading that rag anymore, but I assume it hasn't yet run with the weekend's news story that does affect most Edinburgh residents, i.e. a business that doesn't bother to pay its local taxes, and a council that doesn't appear to be chasing said business?

Clerrie, we may find the griffiths story trumps the yams indescretions....

johnbc70
27-01-2013, 09:39 PM
I just heard from a guy I know who is an area manager at Tesco. Griffiths wasn't charged for shoplifting BUT he may be charged with breach of the peace. There was a problem at the self scanner and one of his items didn't scan, some security guard grabbed him and there was a scuffle. Both MAY be charged with a breach of the peace. They are happy that Griffiths NEVER stole anything.

This would seem to make more sense as it was a shoplifting 'incident' not actual shoplifting. Probably some Yam security guard trying to wind him up.

scoopyboy
27-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Naw, you only empty him if he's crap.

Wayne Rooney to Man Utd " I think you should sell me"
Man Utd "No danger"
Wayne Rooney steals packet of Fruit Pastilles from Tesco.
Man Utd then sack him and he signs for Man City for f*** all.
(It was Man City all along that got him to steal the pastilles).

East Coast Hibe
27-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Naw, you only empty him if he's crap.

Wayne Rooney to Man Utd " I think you should sell me"
Man Utd "No danger"
Wayne Rooney steals packet of Fruit Pastilles from Tesco.
Man Utd then sack him and he signs for Man City for f*** all.
(It was Man City all along that got him to steal the pastilles).

Haha

Maybe Alex Ferguson put him up to it

scoopyboy
27-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Haha

Maybe Alex Ferguson put him up to it

Glad you liked my little bit of light hearted nonsense.

27-01-2013, 10:31 PM
The guy is a great player but needs to grow up and stop the nonsense or he will be forever labelled as a troublemaker which may put bigger clubs off wanting to get involved with him. It would be a shame if his talent was wasted due to silly behaviour like this. Hibs have been embarrassed too many times in the past by players stupid off field behaviour (O'Conner, Riordan, Pallson, Stokes etc.).

#FromTheCapital
27-01-2013, 10:34 PM
He steals/****s/tweets what he wants #Legend

J-C
27-01-2013, 11:03 PM

I did say this earlier on that it may actually be breach of peace, his nickname's Sparky for a reason.

Swedish hibee
27-01-2013, 11:22 PM

Firstly Admins, another boring Yam alert. Another who wishes he was born a Hibby.

And second, is he sponsered by lucozade? Free PR for them- Surely he can make some dosh outta this to cover the courtcase.. :hmmm:

And thirdly.. I hate Craig Thomson. :take that

Haggis Hibby
28-01-2013, 07:02 AM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/scottish-football-scotland-star-arrested-shoplifting-112534590.html

he is really trying hard to keep a low profile i see...... :confused:

and i wish he would loose that twitter account nowt but troble imho

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2013, 07:26 AM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/scottish-football-scotland-star-arrested-shoplifting-112534590.html

he is really trying hard to keep a low profile i see...... :confused:

and i wish he would loose that twitter account nowt but troble imho

:agree: Nothing worse than seeing bad grammar and spelling in a Tweet. I mean to say, what is this word "you's"? Disgraceful. You has no plural. There is no such word as youse, yous, you's, yuse or use when relating to more than one person.

TrickyNicky
28-01-2013, 08:25 AM
:agree: Nothing worse than seeing bad grammar and spelling in a Tweet. I mean to say, what is this word "you's"? Disgraceful. You has no plural. There is no such word as youse, yous, you's, yuse or use when relating to more than one person.

“Not been caught shoplifting at all! “Lot of bull****! So you’s can all take your rumours to f***!” he Tweeted.

I think you can use it when taking it to f***! :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2013, 09:08 AM
“Not been caught shoplifting at all! “Lot of bull****! So you’s can all take your rumours to f***!” he Tweeted.

I think you can use it when taking it to f***! :wink:

You's can use it all youse like I guess. :greengrin

Beefster
28-01-2013, 10:03 AM

The irony is that the post you were replying to used 'loose' instead of 'lose'.

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2013, 10:16 AM

I noticed but didn't want to be classed as spelling brigade member :-) Also troble.

TrickyNicky
28-01-2013, 10:17 AM

All the kids are saying " loose the twitter account ", these days!

It's a term of phrase aimed at those who put too much emphasis on correct grammar and punctuation!

Hibbyradge
28-01-2013, 10:20 AM

It's a term of phrase aimed at those who put too much emphasis on correct grammar and punctuation!

Can there ever be be too much emphasis on punctuation and grammar?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0b/ES%26L.png

TrickyNicky
28-01-2013, 10:22 AM

Not in my book, I mean , how much can a panda bear ?

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2013, 10:25 AM

In lowland Scots isn't "youse" an actual word for you plural?

Just asking so I can still feel like I'm being Scottish when I use it and not just wrong:greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Not in my book, I mean , how much can a panda bear ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LekUKeFijxc

just_joe
28-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Well all im saying is you don't get charged for no reason. Im sure the next story will be "Griffiths has a gambling problem" that boy punts hundreds in the bookies.

green glory
28-01-2013, 10:39 AM

To be fair 'yous' can probably be categorised as a lowland Scots word.

hfc rd
28-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Well all im saying is you don't get charged for no reason. Im sure the next story will be "Griffiths has a gambling problem" that boy punts hundreds in the bookies.

I always see him in William Hill at Restalrig.

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2013, 11:36 AM
In lowland Scots isn't "youse" an actual word for you plural?

Just asking so I can still feel like I'm being Scottish when I use it and not just wrong:greengrin

I always see him in William Hill at Restalrig.

:greengrin Both spellings???? If it is then I apologise profusely to all concerned. Not so sure though. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
28-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Not been funny:tee hee:. Some of you's need to check you'r fax b4 you tipe!!!What wood Lee b in Texaco 4 if he was gett-ing the bussss???!!! :faf:

Get you's to Fox 's.

Phil D. Rolls
28-01-2013, 12:01 PM

I expect there will be a few blushie smilies on here today.

i got in to a fight some 4 years ago someone hit my brother so a went to the guys door and hut him rolled about with him and his mates which was caught on cctv and it went to court u could see clear as day it was me and that it was me who started it after he hit my brother i got of because i challenged it a must say it was good as he was a dirty jambo to :greengrin

You can't make stuff like this up.

Danderhall Hibs
28-01-2013, 12:53 PM
I expect there will be a few blushie smilies on here today.

You can't make stuff like this up.

What did I do wrong? Has he been charged or not?

LeighLoyal
28-01-2013, 12:56 PM
New song for tesco boy.

"He steals when he wants, he steals when he wa-a-a-nts. Leigh Griffiths.. he steals when he wants." :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
28-01-2013, 01:01 PM
What did I do wrong? Has he been charged or not?

I don't know, to both questions.

clerriehibs
28-01-2013, 01:28 PM

This looked worth a read ... but a whole book's worth? No, as I soon discovered!

clerriehibs
28-01-2013, 01:30 PM
To be fair 'yous' can probably be categorised as a lowland Scots word.

Given it's heard on Eastenders ... no.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2013, 01:31 PM
This looked worth a read ... but a whole book's worth? No, as I soon discovered!

I enjoyed it.

clerriehibs
28-01-2013, 01:32 PM

!

newmarket_hibbee
28-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Also stole a ship and ended up in the dock.

also got cought eating fireworks, but police say he got lit off!!!(thank you Tommy cooper)

heretoday
28-01-2013, 04:05 PM
What's a Hibs player doing in Tesco anyway? Doesn't he have a butler or someone to do that sort of thing for him?

How embarrassing.

edinburghhibee
28-01-2013, 04:08 PM
What's a Hibs player doing in Tesco anyway? Doesn't he have a butler or someone to do that sort of thing for him?

How embarrassing.

No sure but if you had been half an hour earlier in asking I'd have asked Hanlon as I just walked past him with his misses

Golden Bear
28-01-2013, 04:25 PM

How embarrassing.

:tee hee:

AberdreamHibee
28-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Love how the yams actually think I have emailed Inverness...

:fishin:

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Love how the yams actually think I have emailed Inverness...

:fishin:

About Leigh shoplifting?????

Saorsa
28-01-2013, 04:35 PM
About Leigh shoplifting?????:hilarious

Elephant Stone
28-01-2013, 04:40 PM

May as well close all these courts then. Surprised it hasn't happened sooner if you're right.

Technofob
28-01-2013, 05:30 PM
New song for tesco boy.

"He steals when he wants, he steals when he wa-a-a-nts. Leigh Griffiths.. he steals when he wants." :agree:

The dons were signing that to him yesterday. Also thief,thief,thief!!

Not hibs class - innocent until proved guilty :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2013, 05:43 PM
The dons were signing that to him yesterday. Also thief,thief,thief!!

Not hibs class - innocent until proved guilty :greengrin

The Aberdeen fans must be a clever bunch , much easier to sing something i would have thought.

hibee_nation
28-01-2013, 05:56 PM
The Aberdeen fans must be a clever bunch , much easier to sing something i would have thought.

Sparkie is sign language literate :giruy:

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Sparkie is sign language literate :giruy:

:thumbsup:

Prof. Shaggy
28-01-2013, 10:08 PM
No sure but if you had been half an hour earlier in asking I'd have asked Hanlon as I just walked past him with his misses

What were you doing walking with Hanlon's misses?

J-C
28-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Was in said Tesco tonight after my shift, staff said Griffiths was approached at the door by security carrying 4 pack of Lucozade, an argument started and he was taken through the back by the manager. They did say however that they were unsure if he was charged with theft or a breach of the peace, either way they did say he was charged by the police.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Tescos must be selling leaks at a discount. We've had various levels of staff apparently spilling the Heinz beans on what went on. Would imagine Tesco will take a dim sung view of this...

J-C
29-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Tescos must be selling leaks at a discount. We've had various levels of staff apparently spilling the Heinz beans on what went on. Would imagine Tesco will take a dim sung view of this...

Spoke to about 4 staff last night and neither of them knew exactly what happened apart from the fact he was stopped at the door and a fracas happened with security guard, so as yet no real proof.

edinburghhibee
29-01-2013, 07:07 AM
What were you doing walking with Hanlon's misses?

Eh........ ??????? ........... Nothing?!?! :D

silverhibee
29-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Spoke to about 4 staff last night and neither of them knew exactly what happened apart from the fact he was stopped at the door and a fracas happened with security guard, so as yet no real proof.

Tesco have already made a comment about the matter, Tesco will not say anything now that it is a police matter.

SMAXXA
29-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Tesco have already made a comment about the matter, Tesco will not say anything now that it is a police matter.

Ok Max Clifford :greengrin

hibsbollah
29-01-2013, 12:16 PM
he was taken through the back by the manager.

This is getting worse and worse.

hibby rae
29-01-2013, 12:20 PM
This is getting worse and worse.

Does this mean the manager may well be pregnant?

hibby rae
29-01-2013, 12:21 PM
One thing I was wondering. I was under the impression that if you were arrested and charged at the weekend you would invariably be in the cells till monday morning to make a court appearance?

SMAXXA
29-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Does this mean the manager may well be pregnant?

Na the manager was a tin roof :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 12:56 PM
One thing I was wondering. I was under the impression that if you were arrested and charged at the weekend you would invariably be in the cells till monday morning to make a court appearance?

No you would not be remanded for shoplifiting unless you already had an outstanding warrant,in which case you would appear in court on the Monday.

J-C
29-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Yea maybe not Tesco but the staff were having a good laugh about it and were happy to blether.

pontius pilate
29-01-2013, 01:36 PM
If you get stopped shoplifting they would take you through the back present you with the evidence and bar you from every shop in the chain however if you are a repeat offender or have a warrant outstanding as previously stated. Then a weekend at hotel St Leonard's awaits

J-C
29-01-2013, 01:40 PM
If you get stopped shoplifting they would take you through the back present you with the evidence and bar you from every shop in the chain however if you are a repeat offender or have a warrant outstanding as previously stated. Then a weekend at hotel St Leonard's awaits

He was stopped at the doors and when confronted a barny started with security, I'm assuming when police say charges was for alleged shoplifting it may not actually be for shoplifting, b of p may be the outcome, with the police charging then handing him a ticket, he'll appear at another time.

pontius pilate
29-01-2013, 02:04 PM
That's what I make of it a B.O.P but because of the initial call out as an alleged shoplifting it would have been reported as that. I have noticed as well tho that we have signed Robertson a positive story but wasn't on the bbc sports report last night yet negative story's get the headlines with our club at evey turn.

J-C
29-01-2013, 02:09 PM
That's what I make of it a B.O.P but because of the initial call out as an alleged shoplifting it would have been reported as that. I have noticed as well tho that we have signed Robertson a positive story but wasn't on the bbc sports report last night yet negative story's get the headlines with our club at evey turn.

Would like to see the PR people at trying to get better press reports by getting rid of the negative stuff.

silverhibee
29-01-2013, 02:34 PM

Margo agree's too. :agree:

Some strange comments from Mike Reilly about the abuse Leigh gets from other supporters, am sure if it had been a Dons player then the Hibs support would be singing the same things.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibs-leigh-griffiths-denies-shoplifting-claim-1-2762410

Phil D. Rolls
29-01-2013, 02:39 PM

That's just paranoia. 30 minute news bulletin, they are going to talk about the things that are interesting to most people - not just football fans.

There is a sports segment, but on a day when the Arabs manager is mutually consented, and following two semi finals with unusual outcomes, us signing a player is not going to be national news. STV's local news programme did cover the story.

There was actually a lot going on news wise yesterday: high speed rail; Sturgeon talking about foreign policy; a curious murder trial in Glasgow; quite a lot to fit into 30 minutes. It's worth looking at the bigger picture IMO.

silverhibee
29-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Would like to see the PR people at trying to get better press reports by getting rid of the negative stuff.

That was a good bit of PR him turning up at the young girls birthday party last week.

A week later, bad press, can't blame the PR folk, the PR folk should give him advice on what not to say on twitter. :greengrin

East Coast Hibe
29-01-2013, 03:03 PM

I said the above a few days ago and having called up my mate (who works at Tesco) again he added a bit more.

Griffiths and his mate were at the self service tills (separate ones) and his mate bought the 4 pack lucozade whilst Griffiths bought other stuff. His mate gave Griffiths the lucozade to put in his bag and he was subsequently stopped at the door and asked if he had paid for the said lucozade. he said no (because his mate had) and a security guard manhandled him and a pushing match kicked off. Another security guy grabbed him and he was taken through the back. His mate was able to produce the receipt for the lucozade, therefore no shoplifting had taken place. However, they had already called the cops and after reviewing the CCTV they said that they would charge him with BOP. However the cops said that it was unlikely to go further once reviewed by the procurator fiscal.
My mate said that if he had just gone quietly through the back, then the misunderstanding would have been sorted out and he would have been on his way. He did accept that the "security guard" had been over zealous and that his heavy handed approach did not help the situation. (My mate is a hibby and he reckons the security guy was full of bravado because of who it was)
So in conclusion there is no charge of shoplifting (because there was no crime of shoplifting), however a BOP charge which may or may not be dropped.
I wonder if the papers who said it was a shoplifting charge will be so quick to run the story once it comes out that it was not ??

timebomb
29-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Margo agree's too. :agree:

Some strange comments from Mike Reilly about the abuse Leigh gets from other supporters, am sure if it had been a Dons player then the Hibs support would be singing the same things.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibs-leigh-griffiths-denies-shoplifting-claim-1-2762410

Ignoring the fact it's Leigh Griffiths I find Margo comments (coming from a politician quite worrying).

I'd like her to expand on what else we can steal before it's deemed important enough to investigate / prosecute people for.

just_joe
29-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Dont really care what he stole aslong as he kept away from the burgers lol .

Saorsa
29-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Ignoring the fact it's Leigh Griffiths I find Margo comments (coming from a politician quite worrying).

I'd like her to expand on what else we can steal before it's deemed important enough to investigate / prosecute people for.Why no ask your grubby club what their position on stealing and cheating is before it should be prosecuted, see if they would care tae expand?

Away and help yer club pay it's taxes, VAT, council tax and rent. ****in' stealers and cheats

Sudds_1
29-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Dont really care what he stole aslong as he kept away from the burgers lol .

might help him jump higher :rolleyes:

I'm_cabbaged
29-01-2013, 04:52 PM
might help him jump higher :rolleyes:

And score at a canter........

hibby rae
29-01-2013, 06:00 PM

The club could make some cash by putting him out to stud.

Kato
29-01-2013, 06:14 PM
He did accept that the "security guard" had been over zealous and that his heavy handed approach did not help the situation. (My mate is a hibby and he reckons the security guy was full of bravado because of who it was)

Would it be paranoid of me if I asked what team, if any, the security guard supports?

stevenhibs
29-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Would it be paranoid of me if I asked what team, if any, the security guard supports?

A stitch up crossed my mind too. Don't think that's unreasonable to think to be honest. These puddle drinking rat eaters have no decency.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2013, 06:37 PM

The rest of them will just hoof it up the park.

Saorsa
29-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Would it be paranoid of me if I asked what team, if any, the security guard supports?I've nae doubt that question has probably crossed the mind of a lot of more than a few, particularly the 'paranoid' amongst us.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 06:51 PM

He has no interest in football.

I'm_cabbaged
29-01-2013, 06:58 PM
The club could make some cash by putting him out to stud.

:)
I thought he already was ;)

Peevemor
29-01-2013, 07:00 PM

A merrick then - I knew it!

I'm_cabbaged
29-01-2013, 07:01 PM
The rest of them will just hoof it up the park.

I think we better rein it in before folk start complaining....

Kato
29-01-2013, 07:11 PM

So he says.

Disny sound too good for this guy. Job as a security man, gets stiff picking on semi-controversial celebs and doesn't like football. Some would say he's a weirdo but I wouldn't go that far, for now.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 07:15 PM
So he says.

Disny sound too for this guy. Job as a security man, gets stiff picking on semi-controversial celebs and doesn't like football. Some would say he's a weirdo but I wouldn't go that far, for now.

Job as a Security man as opposed to sitting on his erse living off the state, didn't know who he was dealing with and couldn't care less celeb or no celeb, rich or poor, young or old just another punter in a very long line.

greenlex
29-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Did the security guard have a flashlight? I demand to know.

I'm_cabbaged
29-01-2013, 07:49 PM

And a big bunch of keys!!

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 07:52 PM

Stun gun, baton, swiss army knife, plasticuffs, velcro leg restraints, pepper spray, smart water spray but alas no flashlight :greengrin

Mr White
29-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Stun gun, baton, swiss army knife, plasticuffs, velcro leg restraints, pepper spray, smart water spray but alas no flashlight :greengrin

Mirrored shades and Cuban cigar?

hibby rae
29-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Mirrored shades and Cuban cigar?

Drooling doberman baring it's teeth?

Beefster
29-01-2013, 08:29 PM
So he says.

Disny sound too for this guy. Job as a security man, gets stiff picking on semi-controversial celebs and doesn't like football. Some would say he's a weirdo but I wouldn't go that far, for now.

Maybe the guy was just doing his job?

I heard that McPake nipped into his local newsagent for a can of Diet Irn Bru and the shop assistant was a stickler for the rules and made him pay for it. Yam bitch.

givescotlandfreedom
29-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Maybe the guy was just doing his job?

I heard that McPake nipped into his local newsagent for a can of Diet Irn Bru and the shop assistant was a stickler for the rules and made him pay for it. Yam bitch.

McPake's been pulled up many times for stuffing his paws into Rice Krispie boxes, yanking out the free toys and slinging the onomatopoeic shambles back on the shelf.

carnoustiehibee
29-01-2013, 08:50 PM

sounds like my wife's handbag

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2013, 08:52 PM
sounds like my wife's handbag

Aye I listed everything in there :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2013, 09:21 PM
McPake's been pulled up many times for stuffing his paws into Rice Krispie boxes, yanking out the free toys and slinging the onomatopoeic shambles back on the shelf.

Going to place my mortgage on the likelihood of the word used, never been used before on .net:greengrin:aok:

silverhibee
29-01-2013, 09:41 PM

Lets hope he wasn't a foreign security guard. :duck: :greengrin

As for the flashlight, i don't know. :greengrin

hibee_nation
29-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Lets hope he wasn't a foreign security guard. :duck: :greengrin

As for the flashlight, i don't know. :greengrin

Nah he's not foreign, the security guy is from Livi, Zak Iqbal or something his name is. Anyone would think the dude had a grudge against Sparkie. :devil::fibber:

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Nah he's not foreign, the security guy is from Livi, Zak Iqbal or something his name is. Anyone would think the dude had a grudge against Sparkie. :devil::fibber:

:faf::faf:

YehButNoBut
03-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Has Sparky lost the plot, he's now been accused of a of furious tirade at a McDonald's worker after being served gherkins with his Big Mac, mind you this was on the 10th Jan so don't know why it's just being reported now. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-star-leigh-griffiths-accused-1572318?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hibs star Leigh Griffiths accused of furious tirade at McDonald's worker after being served gherkins with his Big Mac

DINERS say the Easter Road striker stormed into the Edinburgh restaurant after his special request for no gherkins went unheeded at the drive-through section.

FOOTBALL bad boy Leigh Griffiths has been accused of starting a rammy in McDonald’s about gherkins.

The Hibs striker is said to have kicked off after being served a Big Mac not to his taste.

Staff say 22-year-old Griffiths – nicknamed Sparky – went berserk because he had ordered the burger without the trademark pickle.

He made the special request as he ordered his dinner at the drive-through section of the restaurant at Kinnaird Park in Edinburgh.
But diners say Griffiths lost it and stormed into the restaurant to confront staff.

One onlooker said: “He came storming in shouting about how his order was wrong and how he had specifically asked for no gherkins. He was calling the worker an idiot and mouthing off about how much the boy got paid.

“It was totally over the top. There were kids sitting eating and some even tried to approach him but he was too busy swearing at this poor guy who worked there. ”The on-loan striker was with his ex-girlfriend Vikki Burns, their one-year-old daughter Kacie and another pal when he pulled into the drive-through just before 8pm on January 10.

The group ordered two Big Mac meals and a McChicken sandwich. But fussy eater Griffiths left his meal in the restaurant after his huff.

Squealing pig
03-02-2013, 09:04 AM
By all accounts gherkins do ruin a burger I see his point.

marinello59
03-02-2013, 09:06 AM
Has Sparky lost the plot, he's now been accused of a of furious tirade at a McDonald's worker after being served gherkins with his Big Mac, mind you this was on the 10th Jan so don't know why it's just being reported now. :rolleyes:

To be fair, Gherkins are foul.:agree:

Beefster
03-02-2013, 09:08 AM
By all accounts gherkins do ruin a burger I see his point.

To be fair, McDonalds grub is pig swill, with or without the gherkins. Someone should send Griffiths an audio book of Fast Food Nation.

jonty
Must be unusual to see an unhappy customer in mcdonalds.

hibsbollah
The kinnaird McKy D's is terrible. Ive had the gherkin problem as well so i know how Griffiths (nickname Sparky© aka Fussy Eater®) feels. (i like gherkins, but the kids arent keen on it). According to the story this gerkhin was from January 10th so its probably a bit mouldy, which might explain the massive kerfuffle.Well done the Record for bringing this vital story to the Nation's attention :agree:

The staff are all yams as well. So is Craig Thomson.

TrickyNicky
03-02-2013, 09:10 AM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-star-leigh-griffiths-accused-1572318?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hibs star Leigh Griffiths accused of furious tirade at McDonald's worker after being served gherkins with his Big Mac

DINERS say the Easter Road striker stormed into the Edinburgh restaurant after his special request for no gherkins went unheeded at the drive-through section.

FOOTBALL bad boy Leigh Griffiths has been accused of starting a rammy in McDonald’s about gherkins.

The Hibs striker is said to have kicked off after being served a Big Mac not to his taste.

Staff say 22-year-old Griffiths – nicknamed Sparky – went berserk because he had ordered the burger without the trademark pickle.

He made the special request as he ordered his dinner at the drive-through section of the restaurant at Kinnaird Park in Edinburgh.
But diners say Griffiths lost it and stormed into the restaurant to confront staff.

One onlooker said: “He came storming in shouting about how his order was wrong and how he had specifically asked for no gherkins. He was calling the worker an idiot and mouthing off about how much the boy got paid.

“It was totally over the top. There were kids sitting eating and some even tried to approach him but he was too busy swearing at this poor guy who worked there. ”The on-loan striker was with his ex-girlfriend Vikki Burns, their one-year-old daughter Kacie and another pal when he pulled into the drive-through just before 8pm on January 10.

The group ordered two Big Mac meals and a McChicken sandwich. But fussy eater Griffiths left his meal in the restaurant after his huff.

What an absolute disgrace of a man!

Eating dinner at 8pm with a small child is one thing but not ordering a McHappy Meal for her is criminal!

R'Albin
03-02-2013, 09:10 AM
The freaks who like gherkins should have to ask for them on, rather than the other way :agree: You tell 'em Leigh!

matty_f
03-02-2013, 09:12 AM
It is f*****g annoying when they make a mcarse of a simple order like that.

Finbar
03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Is there any chance of Leigh storming into the opposition penalty box as defenders look on, stunned as he unleashes a left footed tirade into the top corner any time soon?

Today would be good.

HH81
03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Has anyone ever eaten at McDonalds and thought im so full now?

Just doesnt fill you up imo.

HH81
03-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Is there any chance of Leigh storming into the opposition penalty box as defenders look on, stunned as he unleashes a left footed tirade into the top corner any time soon?

Today would be good.

Do you want gherkins with that?

jonty
03-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Has anyone ever eaten at McDonalds and thought im so full now?

Just doesnt fill you up imo.
depends on how many double cheeseburgers you have on the side.

Darren1875
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Was he not on a train, coming back from Birmingham, when all the twitter stuff, happend, if so how come he was in 2 places at once

Griffiths’s rant came just a couple of hours before he launched a racial attack on Zak Iqbal on Twitter.

TrickyNicky
03-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Was he not on a train, coming back from Birmingham, when all the twitter stuff, happend, if so how come he was in 2 places at once

Griffiths’s rant came just a couple of hours before he launched a racial attack on Zak Iqbal on Twitter.

Wee Jocky's jet-pack perhaps? :dunno: