PDA

View Full Version : Claros, Deegan and Taiwo

CallumLaidlaw
27-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Although these 3 are fairly similar players, the opinion of them on here seems to be extremely varied as to who is the best and worst.

Personally I think Claros is best technically and is very good at closing players down.
Then, I think deegan offers the most out of him and Taiwo as he is a bit more aggressive and also tends to drive forward a bit more, which is something this team tends to lack.
I find Taiwo a bit pedestrian, speed wise, but is a decent back up to Claros and deegan.
Thoughts?

SMAXXA
27-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Although these 3 are fairly similar players, the opinion of them on here seems to be extremely varied as to who is the best and worst.

Personally I think Claros is best technically and is very good at closing players down.
Then, I think deegan offers the most out of him and Taiwo as he is a bit more aggressive and also tends to drive forward a bit more, which is something this team tends to lack.
I find Taiwo a bit pedestrian, speed wise, but is a decent back up to Claros and deegan.
Thoughts?

I agree they are all very similar, I do think though we played some of our best stuff and I think probably the better results with Taiwo and Claros together. Could be wrong on results though, no doubt a stato could crunch the numbers on points per pairing in the middle

frazeHFC
27-01-2013, 02:24 AM
I think we played very well when all 3 were in the side, Celtic game? Like all 3 of them, all good players.

blaikie
27-01-2013, 07:25 AM
People need to remember Taiwo is younger than Wotherspoon. He is one of the youngest in the starting 11 every week. Really promising player who is improving every game. Will be a massive player if Claros and Deegan leave in the summer.

hibsbollah
27-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Ive totally changed my opinion of Taiwo since his first few games, i like him a lot and hed be my first choice out of those three, depending on the opposition id then pick Claros if i thought we'd have more of the ball, and Deegan if i thought we'd have to press and close.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2013, 08:45 AM
They are ok.

Don't really do forward thinking and they'll be lucky if they ever score a goal for us.

Golden Bear
27-01-2013, 09:03 AM
They are ok.

Don't really do forward thinking and they'll be lucky if they ever score a goal for us.

:agree:

Efficient enough players in their own right but far too similar to feature as a midfield unit.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Not bad players by all means, it's just all 3 are almost identical. I remember watching Motherwell at home this year and as Humphrey hit the byline their midfield unit was bursting a gut to get into the box, ours don't do that.

I mention it a lot but they also aren't very athletic, wee legs and short body. Much like myself, just not built for running.

hfc rd
27-01-2013, 10:40 AM
I agree with the OP. Deegan, Claros & Taiwo are pretty similar players, with each of their own qualities that they bring to the team. That's pretty why we need two different sort of attacking players in our midfield that can go up and support the strikers. That's what Leigh Griffiths is crying out for. Wylde & Robertson would fit the bill perfectly, well hopefully.

Humo
27-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Personally I would prefer to see Stevenson getting more game time. Maybe play him left mid and bring cairney into the centre?

inglisavhibs
27-01-2013, 02:48 PM

Thoughts?

You might get away with one of them in a good team if you are lucky. None of them are athletic enough and none of them have a forward thought in their body. Tidy players yes, but good enough no.

Cameron1875
27-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Definitely not Deegan anyway! Get the ball, pivot, pass it back every single time. Anyone could do that surely.

.Sean.
27-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Deegan can't play a forward pass.

mentalhibee
27-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Definitely not Deegan anyway! Get the ball, pivot, pass it back every single time. Anyone could do that surely.

Frustrating to watch, runs about demanding the ball then loses possession or plays it backwards. Total mince!

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Dereham is making Mcbride look attack minded

Ozyhibby
27-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Our ball retention in midfield is dreadful. If we are to improve then 1 or more likely 2 of this three will need to go.

Andy74
27-01-2013, 03:17 PM
So Deegan isn't good enough now? Jokers.

trev the hat
27-01-2013, 03:22 PM

See what you,ve missed Andy :wink:

Shrekko
27-01-2013, 03:23 PM

Seriously- who do you think you are that your opinion carries more weight than others?

If Deegan doesnt improve quickly you're going to be in a small minority. He was garbage again today. Absolute garbage.

How often does he receive a pass, turn one way then the other and then have to go backwards because he's got an opponent up his back-side? His tackling is at times literally brutal and he's been fortunate not to have picked up several red cards.

Instead of being condescending why don't you explain why he's so wonderful?

J-C
27-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Out of the 3, Deegan IMHO wouldn't be missed, another crab of a player who does nowt.

Add Spoony also and you've got 2 wages off the books where the money could be spent on better.

JimBHibees
27-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Actually thought Deegan did well today. Held it better than any other Hibs midfielder and closed down well with Taiwo. Struggled more wide than central for me.

adhibs
27-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I dont rate deegan at all and hope hes off when his contracts up. I like taiwo, puts in plenty work, makes tackles and keeps posesion. Does everything deegans suposed to offer. Claros is best player out the 3 for me. Didnt realise taiwo was so young until someone above pointed it out

steviehibsleith
27-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I will give Deegan a bit more time to regain full fitness and put the weight back on after 2 months abcense with a broken Jaw :cb

500miles
27-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Deegan wins far more of the ball, than the other two. It's what he does with the ball after that which is the issue. He's no great passer, but we're far more likely to win a midfield battle with him in it.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Our midfield are taking a bit of stick here, especially the middle ones. And thats mainly in my opinion because of our big lack of pace on either side. Deegan i like, Taiwo i like, yes similar types and again like Claros in my opinion are doing a good job at what they are good at.

We dont currently have decent wide men, you can moan as much as you like about this, its pointless its not going to change until we bring them in?

JimBHibees
27-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Our midfield are taking a bit of stick here, especially the middle ones. And thats mainly in my opinion because of our big lack of pace on either side. Deegan i like, Taiwo i like, yes similar types and again like Claros in my opinion are doing a good job at what they are good at.

We dont currently have decent wide men, you can moan as much as you like about this, its pointless its not going to change until we bring them in?

Nail on head IMO. All the midfielders we have centrally are better than players we had in the last couple of seasons.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Nail on head IMO. All the midfielders we have centrally are better than players we had in the last couple of seasons.

And today we saw Wotherspoon play more central, would anyone want that permenantly, not for me?

hfc rd
27-01-2013, 04:37 PM
And today we saw Wotherspoon play more central, would anyone want that permenantly, not for me?

Me neither. I'd prefer him on the wing.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Me neither. I'd prefer him on the wing.

Me too, but he's not good enough there in my opinion to make us better from wide. Cairney is the only other option we have to go central, that would then mean Stevenson playing wide on the left.

thats hardly been a success for us in the past and does not give us any more pace than previous, or a goal threat?

LeighLoyal
27-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Me too, but he's not good enough there in my opinion to make us better from wide. Cairney is the only other option we have to go central, that would then mean Stevenson playing wide on the left.

thats hardly been a success for us in the past and does not give us any more pace than previous, or a goal threat?

A guy with 1 goal in 138 apps on the Hibs wing, no thanks.

leggeto
27-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Thoughts?

said for a long time we need a creative midfielder like wee russell, prob not the same class as him but there must be someone half as good out there somewhere:flag:

Hibee Ryan
27-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Just me that feels that deegan takes an age to pass the ball? My one major problem with him is that he keeps the ball and gets himself into trouble and often has to play a side ways or backwards pass when, if quicker, he could play a much more positive pass!

hibsbollah
28-01-2013, 09:36 AM

Agree 100%. Which is why the Wylde signing would be so important.

Golden Bear
28-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Personally I'd find a place in the midfield for Lewis Stevenson as he'd offer more going forward than Claros/Deegan/Taiwo.

Not a lot more, but a couple of yards of going forward will do for a starting point.

:greengrin

Taz_hibee
28-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Personally I'd find a place in the midfield for Lewis Stevenson as he'd offer more going forward than Claros/Deegan/Taiwo.

Not a lot more, but a couple of yards of going forward will do for a starting point.

:greengrin

Agree 100%, LS IMO is a far better player than either Deegan or Taiwoo and it showed yesterday when he came on as he was my MOM, he was winning every tackle and getting the ball forward quickly to non existent midfield

J-C
28-01-2013, 11:11 AM
How bout a team like this

4-5-1
.................................................. ..williams........................................ .
clancy...............mcpake....................... ...............hanlon........................mcgiv ern
...........................................claros/taiwo.............................................
.......................robertson.................. ................stevenson........................
doyle/spoony............................................ .........................................wylde
...........................................griffit hs................................................ ....

Jones28
28-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I was raging yesterday watching that. There wasn't a single spell where we kept possession.

When young players come up through academies and youth systems there's emphasis on keeping possession and playing actual football. As soon as they graduate all that seems to go out the window and it's just a case of getting the ball forward as fast as possible. Now obviously there's the playing to win and competitive side to first team football, but why change the way football is played? If young players know how to play football on the deck then why change it?

Our young players play some great football and score goals from it too, why is this so different?